66 Reviews for Virgil Bunao Photography

Photos
Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)
66 Virgil Bunao Photography Reviews

Virgil is a rare gem. Talented doesn't begin to describe Virgil. He took stunning photos on our wedding day. He has a unique ability to capture emotion and light in his photographs. He captured all of the special moments from our wedding day and then some. His work truly speaks for itself. But behind his incredible photographs is a truly amazing person. My wedding venue flooded on my wedding day, hours before our ceremony was to begin. I credit Virgil and his calming presence for keeping me grounded and calm on the wedding day. His kindness and his talent are in a league of their own. I highly recommend Virgil Bunao and his team.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

An absolute pleasure to work with. He makes the experience so wonderful with his professionalism and charming personality. He is able to capture the true essence and real memories of your wedding weekend

Profile Picture Margaret, 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Virgil photographed our wedding this past weekend. He was so professional and at the same time had the most amazing way of making us feel like we've known him our whole lives. He made us feel comfortable and made the process easy and enjoyable. Not only that, but we had so much fun with him all night long. His assistants were wonderful as well. We've seen some sneak peek photos and they are stunning - we cant wait to see the rest!!

Profile Picture M, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Virgil was incredible. He was one of the first vendors that we booked for our wedding because we saw his work online, and even still he exceeded all of our expectations. He was so warm and instantly made us feel feel comfortable and at ease while also getting shit done. That day, my wife and I said to each other that it felt like we've known him forever. Not to mention that he is a whole lot of fun, and we were laughing all night. Several people had recommended him to us as the "best photographer in Charleston" and he did not disappoint. His photos are absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Chris, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Words cannot express how happy and impressed we were with Virgil's work! He was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding!! He is absolutely amazing and made our wedding day feel so special. He got every shot we wanted and beyond. He also has the best attitude - he hustled all day (on a hot day) to get the best shots, made us feel at ease, made us laugh, and felt just like a family member or wedding guest. I had so many people come up to us at the wedding and tell us how much they loved our photographer and what an excellent job he was doing. He is extremely talented and captured the most beautiful photos - I could not be more happy with how everything turned out. Best wedding decision we made!! Thank you Virgil!

Photos
Profile Picture christine, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Virgil Bunao is hands down the best photographer we've ever worked with. He is funny, kind, hard working and very very talented. He is very responsive. He was very kind to our guests and very unobtrusive. We love our pictures. We loved working with Virgil. Our experience working with him was impeccable. He made me feel very at eased and beautiful. He is worth every penny. The pictures he captured was everything i ever wanted and more. He went above and beyond. My pictures were timeless. He captured a lot of great moments that i will cherish forever. I'm so glad we were able to book him. We knew he is very popular and hard to book. He has a great team of people. Great and kind and very polite studio staff. Look no further. Book him now. It will be the best decision you'll ever make and money well spent.

Profile Picture Whitney, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Virgil is the best! Not only is he unbelievably talented, but he is someone we truly enjoyed spending our wedding day with. Virgil had photographed one of my friend's wedding a few years ago. I was't in the wedding, but had heard so many great things that I started following his work on Instagram and on a few wedding blogs. The images are amazing. Then when I got engaged, he was the first vendor I hired and I don't even live in SC! We brought him up to Philadelphia for our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. He far exceeded any expectations we had. He was so professional, yet relaxed and fun to be around. Our family and wedding party gave him rave reviews as well. As for the images of our big day, they are stunning! Virgil really knows how to capture the moments that matter. His images are timeless, classic and feeling. I would highly recommend Virgil no matter where you located.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Words can't describe how much I adore Virgil. Not only are his photographs the most amazing photographs I have ever seen - but he is such an amazing person. I loved having him with me on my wedding day! He was responsive, organized, and worked seamlessly with my planner to make sure everything was perfect. Saying his pictures are stunning is an understatement - he and his team were able to capture literally every moment of our wedding and make every thing look just beautiful. I could not recommend him more highly!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are simply no words to describe the amazing quality that is Virgil. I had only two requests for my wedding...black and white dance floor, and Virgil as my photographer. After seeing Virgil's work at a few of my friends' previous weddings, I knew he was a natural at what he did, and I knew I had to have him at my wedding. However, Virgil completely exceeded my expectations. He not only makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, he also makes sure everyone else around you feels comfortable as well. He takes time to get to know you and your wedding party, so that you feel like you have a friend photographing your wedding day. He isn't any ordinary photographer, he captures real moments. While looking through our pictures, I was amazed at the memories he captured when I was not even aware he was capturing them at the time. Bottom line is, if you are looking for a wedding photographer, email Virgil right now. You will not be disappointed. :)

Profile Picture Austin, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Words can't even begin to explain how wonderful and amazing Virgil was for our wedding. We met Virgil a few years ago at my sisters wedding and knew we had to use him as our own photographer after seeing what a personable and professional man he was! He made it so easy and fun and gave us the most amazing memories from our special day! We love Virgil and will definitely use him again in the future for family pics!

Profile Picture jennyperone@yahoo.com, 4/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Virgil is in a class all by himself. Without a doubt, going with Virgil was the best decision that we made in planning our big weekend. I'll get back to his photography in a second, but first, he is an absolute joy to work with. His fun, yet professional demeanor strikes a perfect balance, and you walk away from the experience convinced that you just had one of your best friends shooting your wedding. He works just as hard at getting all parties comfortable with one another as he does at taking world-class photos. Leading up to the weekend, he was always available, despite his hectic schedule, and he went out of his way to do unbelievable homework on the wedding party, family names, etc. Case in point, when we were taking photos after the ceremony of grandparents, wedding party, immediate family, etc., there wasn't one person that he didn't know by name, and it made the whole process extremely efficient in terms of getting everyone in position for their photos. And then the photos... there is no one that could have captured the weekend better. Each photo, including the ones that are more stock in nature (family shots, wedding party), captures the emotion and the mood of the weekend. It's as if each photo in a vacuum tells a story, and when we saw the finished product a few weeks later, it was as if we were transported back in time. You want a photographer that delivers photos in a way that allows you to relive the weekend all over again, and I challenge anyone to find a person better suited to do that than Virgil. His photos are pure artwork, and each and every one of his photos will be keepsakes that we'll have to reflect back on our big weekend for many years to come. And I know this is a photography write-up, but we also used Virgil for video too (Cinema 843), and oh boy, it's a must too. Same thing there - unreal cinematography and captures the emotion of the weekend in a way that we thought impossible going into it. There is no one better. Virgil is the best.

Profile Picture Graham, 3/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing Virgil Bunao was the best decision I made throughout the entire wedding planning process. He captured the most beautiful photos during my engagement session, bridal session, rehearsal dinner and entire wedding day festivities. Virgil is a true artist, and his work speaks for itself. Just check out his website and social media accounts to see evidence of his profound artistic ability. As for his level of service, not only was Virgil my wedding photographer, but also a true friend and consultant throughout my entire engagement. He recommended bridal boutiques in Charleston, and I ended up buying my dress from one of his recommendations. He found the perfect shooting locations for my engagement session and bridal session. He recommended a hair and makeup stylist for my bridal session, and she was impeccable. He recommended a florist who made me a bouquet in just two hours after I realized I forgot to order one for the portrait. He touched base regularly just to see how the wedding planning was coming along and how I was feeling. He worked seamlessly with other vendors and he was a joy to be around every step of the way. Not only does Virgil make people feel comfortable, but his sense of humor makes people genuinely laugh, making photos look effortlessly beautiful. When the wedding is over, all that remains are the memories and photos. Memories will eventually fade, but the photos will last more than a lifetime.

Profile Picture MEREDITH , 2/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Virgil is an absolutely incredible photographer and an incredible person. We were overjoyed to have him capture our engagement photos and our wedding day. He is a joy to be around, and we could not have been more pleased with the images we will treasure for the rest of our lives! He masterfully captured every detail, and many things we missed while we were enjoying our wedding. We could not be more thankful or recommend him more highly! His talent is a rare gift!

Profile Picture Grace, 1/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Virgil photographed our rehearsal dinner and wedding in Richmond, Virginia in January 2015. He was by far and away the best vendor we worked with throughout the wedding planning process. I hesitate to use the term "vendor" actually because he is really more like a calm friend who creates beautiful pictures and makes everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. His photos are absolutely astonishing. A total departure from posed, stilted wedding photos - Virgil's work captures real moments of laughter, joy, anticipation and of course, love.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 1/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Virgil is amazing. He made me and my girls feel like celebrities! He learned the entire wedding party's names immediately (my husband and I each had 8 attendants!), along with our closest family members. He was with us the night of the rehearsal dinner, and all the way from "getting ready" the morning of the wedding to the end of the reception. It was so easy and FUN working with him! My husband and I cherish the photographs that he took - he perfectly captured the love and celebration of the day. I've received so many compliments on our wedding pictures. Virgil really works tirelessly to capture every beautiful moment - from the smallest details to the big picture. That night was truly the best of my life, and I'm so grateful that my husband and I have such special photographs to remember it by!

Profile Picture Emily, 1/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

To say that Virgil is genius at what he does would be such an understatement. In a word, Virgil is the man! He is thoughtful, passionate, unassuming and fun. What a great combination in your wedding photographer. When I first met Virgil, he had a camera in his had and several hanging on him. Throughout our wedding, I never saw him without a camera in his hand. He was relentless in capturing special moments and our reward for his tireless efforts is that we get to see beautiful moments from our day that we didn’t even know happened. That’s genius…that’s Virgil.

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed having Virgil as a part of our day. He didn’t direct us much but let the day and the moments unfold. He caught the joy of the day perfectly. We will forever be grateful to him for that. Having Virgil capture our day was better than we had imagined it would be. Thank you, Virgil, for being genius at your craft.

Profile Picture LaToya, 10/10/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Virgil Bunao is THE BEST! I absolutely loved working with him and I LOVE our wedding photos! I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. Virgil photographed my sister's wedding in Charleston a few years ago and everyone loved her images. I knew from the moment I got engaged that I wanted him to photograph my wedding in Greenville, SC. He was the first person I called when I started planning and I was thrilled when he was available.

Virgil has an amazing eye and he did such a good job documenting all of the details of our wedding. I love looking at the photographs. He took the time to learn about our family and close friends and made sure he photographed those that were closest to us. I can't say enough good things about his work. I was so pleased with the way everything turned out. His images are artistic, beautiful and amazing.

Virgil is very professional and easy to work with, which was very important to me since wedding planning is something that can be stressful. I knew that I could trust him and that he had everything under control.

Virgil is truly wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Kerry, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you really want to know what a talented and skilled photographer Virgil Bunao is, just look at any picture on his blog and you will see what intimate and beautiful images he is able to capture - not only of the bride and groom - but also family, guests, silly moments on the dancefloor, and the ambiance. My husband and I received our wedding photographs about three weeks ago and I still tear up every time I look through them and I continue to discover new favorite shots and moments that I hadn't even noticed during the wedding day.

In addition to his photography skills, Virgil makes the entire experience of wedding prep, bridal portraits, and the actual wedding day so much fun and very relaxed. My husband and I met with Virgil several months before the wedding and he had great suggestions regarding the timeline, transportation details, and the small details I hadn't considered. He also was genuinely passionate about making sure he understood what kind of pictures we wanted.

I'd never taken any professional portraits before my bridal portrait session and was very nervous when I arrived. Virgil immediately put me at ease with jokes, music, and just his general warm personality.

During the bridal party's getting ready time Virgil charmed all of the bridesmaids and captured some hilarious shots of the girls during their hair and makeup prep. I was impressed that he was able to capture their personalities so well, but I think it's because he really listens to people and gets to know them while he is working.

Virgil photographed such romantic moments of the groom and I in his candid shots. He has an unbelievable ability of expressing relationships through pictures - I really felt like he was able to describe the love my husband and I share through his work.

You should absolutely hire Virgil because you will get to enjoy beautiful images from your wedding for years to come and meet an incredible person in the process.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Virgil photographed my brother's wedding in 2009 and a close friend's wedding in 2012, so I hoped I would be lucky enough to work with him when I got engaged in 2013. Virgil is simply the best. His photographs are amazing, and he is wonderful to work with. His team works like a well-oiled machine, and he is calming just to be around. My family and I couldn't be happier with our wedding photos and are lucky to know Virgil Bunao, best of the best!

Julia and Ryan Principe

Profile Picture Julia, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Virgil was one of the only walks in the park during wedding planning!! And, I couldn't be more pleased in my decision to work with him. He was an absolute delight to work with starting from when we first discussed contracting all the way through wedding day. He captured every special moment and interacted with our family and guests in a way that made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. He was extremely flexible with our needs while still ensuring the necessary photos were captured during the wedding day chaos. He's attentive and listens to details and then captures photos of your family and guests that hold deep meaning to you as an individual. His artistic eye speaks in his showcased work. He's a wonderful photographer - I couldn't think of anyone better to have worked with and I'm so happy we'll have the photos from him to cherish forever!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

This photographer is beyond amazing!!! I really don’t know how to put it in words! Photography is important when planning a wedding. After all when it is all said and done and the event is over the only thing you have to remember are the pictures of your favorite moments. Virgil Buano is the person to choose when you want a stress free, fun, active, and knowledgeable photographer. He was recommended by a few people that have either used him or been in a wedding where he was the photographer. I am so glad I found him. With the awkward setting of posing alone for bridal portraits he made me have fun and just go with it and the nervousness just went away. We had so many great shots from that day it was hard to choose just one for the bridal portrait. When it came to the wedding I mentioned a few things I would like for him to do and with the others he just went with is and even took moments I didn’t even think of and made them memorable. The wedding party loved his energy and we had a great time. Even my husband who like most men was not excited about the photography part of the wedding said he made it fun, exciting, and relaxing instead of boring and stuffy. Looking back on it not if I had to do it over again I would choose Virgil Buano again to share this experience. I also would not wish to change or add another picture in the thousands that I have received from him. I do plan on using him in the future and I recommend him to anyone who mentions needing a photographer. Virgil has now become a part of my life and I am so grateful to him for the great work he does! Virgil Buano is #1 in my book!

Profile Picture Madelyn, 5/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Virgil photographed our wedding in April at Boone Hall and the photographs are amazing! Having so many wedding photographers to choose from in the Charleston area, once I saw his work I knew we had to have him! His work is so real and breathtaking. I love that he uses film! The images he is able to capture are so unique and timeless. You can just tell he loves what he does. :) To top it off he is so sweet and fun to work with!
I had my bridal portrait session a month before the wedding. It got any nerves out of the way and gets you used to working with him. I was also able to have full trust in him that whichever portrait he thought was the best was the one to go with. For the wedding day, it was just fun and relaxing to take pictures. He captured the joy in everyone's eyes and smiles. The images are priceless and "in the moment". We will cherish our photographs forever. If you want a photographer that loves what he does, is a joy to work with, and always does amazing work, Virgil is your guy! :) can't wait to use him for family portraits down the road!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As a photographer myself, I knew I didn't want to skimp on this important aspect of our wedding. I met Virgil a little over two years ago at an industry function (where he was a speaker) and I immediately connected with his work and his passion for creating beautiful imagery. I think I even cried during his slideshow - that's how much it moved me. It's one thing to take amazing photographs, but it's another to also exude passion for your craft and for the people you are photographing. Virgil truly cares about each couple he works with - and it shows in every image. The whole experience is fun - and authentic. Authenticity is so important to me - especially in our industry. He gets it.

When I finally met the man of my dreams and was able to plan for our big day, there was no question who I wanted to document it. Our engagement was brief and Virgil was extremely accommodating (we flew him out for our Dallas engagements and wedding - all within a three month time period.) He also was a joy to work with - our wedding guests and vendors felt the same! And, he doesn't know this yet - but to hear my mom say no one has ever taken a better photo of my father (who doesn't smile with his mouth open often) is pretty priceless. I can't wait to frame that one! And again - it's a testament to the experience he creates coupled with his talent. People just love to be around him. And they smile....authentically.

Not only does Virgil have the business acumen I so admire but his work is thoughtful, honest, artistic, TIMELESS, and just plain beautiful. He's blessed us with a gift we will treasure for a lifetime... and for that, we are forever grateful.

We can't thank you enough, Virgil!!
Sincerely,
Heather and Jason Snider

Profile Picture Heather, 4/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Virgil is, without a doubt, the absolute BEST! I would give him way more than 5 stars if I could. Not only are his photographs amazing, but he has a way of making everyone feel so beautiful (and handsome) on their special day. I normally don't like posing for pictures, but Virgil made me feel so comfortable and at ease (while also keeping me laughing). He has such an eye for capturing the true, raw emotion in his pictures. Everyone at our wedding could not stop talking about how awesome our photographer was and how he included everyone at our wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend Virgil to anyone. As soon as I received the pictures, I cried because they truly captured the whole feeling of the entire wedding. I really cannot put into words how thankful and appreciative I am that Virgil was a part of our wedding weekend. We love you, Virgil! Lytle & Fober

Profile Picture Lytle, 3/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Virgil is THE best! His photographs are amazing! He made me feel so comfortable when taking my bridal portraits (I am not a fan of being the only one in front of the camera). Not only did he take amazing photos on our wedding day but he also kept us entertained! He had us laughing all day! My entire wedding party loved him. The girls who have been married said they wished they had used Virgil as their photographer, and the girls who have not want to book him in the future. The things he does with lighting are out of this world! He is beyond talented and I would recommend him over and over again. The easiest and best decision I made while planning my wedding was choosing Virgil to capture the entire day.

Profile Picture Janice, 11/8/13, 1 Review