Virgil Bunao Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Elaine N. Married on 10/02/2021

Virgil Bunao is a DREAM to work with!

I have gone back and forth on what to write for Virgil's review for what seems to be hours. Because in all honesty, there are just not enough words to express how incredible Virgil and his team are to work with. They are an absolute DREAM and should be the easiest decision you ever make. I have admired Virgil's wedding photography for years and have always dreamed of having him shoot my wedding day. When the time came for me to get married, he was the first vendor I booked! Turns out he is better than you could ever imagine, and I really mean that. He is not only so talented, that he makes it look easy, but he is so much fun to be around on your wedding day. I swear he will make you & your family's day just with his energy and positivity! He just has a way of making everyone in the room feel so comfortable, which is probably the reason behind all the unbelievably raw moments he is able to capture! Our photos were above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined. They will be something I cherish now and forever. Virgil is one of a kind and just an overall wonderful person to have with you on your wedding day. I will forever be a fan!! Team Virgil!!
  • Andrea
    Andrea O. Married on 06/03/2021

Virgil is a true artist!

Virgil is truly fantastic! He has such dedication and desire to capture your most special moments and continuously goes above and beyond to do so. His photographs are works of art, and on top of that he is a wonderful person to spend time with. We feel honored to have had someone with such a mix of professionalism, talent, and kindness to capture our day. Virgil, you are the absolute best!
    Kristen M. Married on 05/10/2021

Exceptional Photographer!

It's hard to put into words when someone gives you a gift you can't repay them for. That is what Virgil's photography is. Fleeting moments from the most special season of your life, captured so perfectly, so eloquently, into hundreds of frames so that you can relive them over and over again.

Virgil's photography speaks for itself. It's timeless & classic, yet progressive & dynamic. As a longtime fan of his work, hiring Virgil's team was the first & undoubtably the best decision I made in the planning of my wedding. And you get so much more than stunning photography! Hands down, Virgil will be your favorite human. His personality, charm, and quick wit make for the most fun photoshoots. He is gracious, accommodating, and professional, immediately putting you at ease and making you comfortable in front of his lens. The level of energy he brings to a room is unmatched. Every image captured evokes real and raw emotion, and puts you back in that day as if you are living it once again. Virgil is truly an artist in every sense of the word. We are so lucky to know him & have pieces of his work to hold our memories forever. We love you Virgil!!

Annie P. Married on 05/08/2021

Nothing but good things to say

Working with Virgil was the best decision we could have made for our wedding day. I tell everyone to not skimp on their photographer. Many of them think I am just saying that because I am a photographer myself. But it is because it is one of the most important parts of your day. It is one of the only things that you have after the day is over to look back at. Virgil does an exceptional job of not only getting the photos you would expect but goes above and beyond getting you every single angle you could ever imagine. He captured moments I didn't know happened and the way he capture them takes me right back to the moment. All of my friends have looked at our gallery and said it is their biggest regret not hiring a better photographer. Don't regret your decision. Book Virgil now and you will not regret it. I promise.
  • Katie
    Katie W. Married on 03/20/2021

Best of the best

If you are lucky enough to have Virgil as an option then the search really ends there. He’s built the following he has for a reason. He’s the best of the best and comes with the professionalism and friendliness (and hype man) every brides needs on their day. I had been looking forward to having Virgil years before I even met my husband, and the wait was definitely worth it. He captures photos beyond classic bridal shots and truly makes them into art. If you want to remember your wedding in the best way possible… it’s Virgil.
    Sarah B. Married on 02/10/2021

Absolutely stunning pictures capturing our most priceless moments!

Virgil and his team were so amazing! We had the most fun throughout all of the family pictures we had to get through and the first looks were beautiful! Virgil amazingly captured the love and essence of our day and the unbelievable amount of fun we had during the reception. We already have the most amazing slide show from him so that we can keep reliving our wedding day! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! Thank you!
  • Mary
    Mary E. Married on 01/30/2021

More than just a wedding photographer

I booked Virgil even before I got engaged. Yes, that makes me seem crazy, but I wanted him to be my wedding photographer since the day I started truly thinking about what my wedding would look like. He is without a doubt the best of the best. I can't put into just one word that describes Virgil because he goes beyond any expectations I had of a wedding photographer. He is talented, flexible, passionate and it truly felt like I had known him forever. He made our wedding day that much better just by being there and capturing every smile, laugh, cry, slip up- anything that was important to us. He makes it all so easy. Nothing ever felt forced or fake and I think that's why our pictures are so incredible. Every emotion is real and raw. He brings a team with him (shout out to Becky!--getting a stain out of my dress 30 minutes prior to walking down the aisle) that is just as talented and incredibly helpful. Our day would not have been the same without Virgil and his team and I will treasure our photographs forever. I hope to have Virgil take my family photos when the time comes! He is a forever friend and a true gem. BOOK HIM!!!!
  • Lydia
    Lydia M. Married on 12/12/2020

Virgil is everything

The first thing I can say is book Virgil. Deciding to book Virgil as my “photographer” was hands-down the very best decision I made. (Besides to marry my husband of course :) I say “photographer” because Virgil is so much more than that. I truly mean it when I say that Virgil was a completely integral and key component to our entire wedding experience. I knew Virgil would take amazing photographs and capture beautiful moments because I followed him for years. I have been following him ever since October 2015 when he shot my good friends wedding. They were getting married in the middle of a thousand year flood, vendors were cancelling left and right, but Virgil showed up with zero hesitation and captured their day in ways I could never imagine. I knew from right then that I wanted Virgil to capture my wedding day as well. As I followed Virgil over the years his art spoke for its self. Time and time again I was blown away by beautiful moments captured perfectly. Images that went way beyond simply being a photograph. Fast forward to March 2020 when I got engaged. I had already booked Virgil. Yes, that is right, I booked him before I even had the ring. My fiancé, who loves me and knows me well enough, gave me the go ahead to book Virgil before we were engaged because he knew how important it was to me. Some girls dream of the dress or the cake for me it was Virgil. The day we got engaged the world literally shut down the next day because of Covid 19. A time that should have been filled with stress and questions I found so much comfort knowing I was in great hands. We knew that no matter what our wedding ended up being- whether it was the 500 person party we originally planned or just the two of us with our parents in my family home- Virgil would show up. Not only would Virgil show up but I trusted that no matter the circumstance he would capture our story and our special moments authentically and beautifully. Wedding planning was an absolute nightmare and Virgil was there for all of it, not just the day of. He was always available to answer and questions or offer any insight on other vendors or details. Right down to what in the world do I use for my exit if my location doesn’t allow sparklers. When it was finally the day of the wedding Virgil showed up with the ultimate team. The photographers who work with him are phenomenal and Becky is an absolute life-saver. Becky even had an extra dog leash in her book bag (or better described as Mary Poppins bag) when I realized we had forgotten ours and needed one for our first look.
    When you decide to work with Virgil you get so much more than a photographer- you get a trusted confidant, a cheerleader, a support system, the best team, and ultimately a friend. I am so blessed to know Virgil and I will be looking for any and all excuses to work with him throughout the rest of my life. BOOK HIM you will not only not regret it but it will be one of the best choices you will make.
    Katie Married on 06/20/2020

Virgil is an incredible photographer and human!

As all these reviews say - Virgil is an incredible photographer and artist, but he is also a wonderful, kind human being and so great to work with. You will treasure his photographs forever! As our family does :)

I knew Virgil because he photographed my brother and sister-in-law's wedding years ago. When my husband and I decided to forego our original wedding plans because of the pandemic, we reached out to Virgil to see if he would be able to photograph our small, close family only intimate sunrise wedding ceremony on the beach. I really have no words for how beautifully he captured our day - the photographs are just spectacular and there are so many good ones! Everyone we've shown the pictures to so far has literally teared up with happiness, because the pictures just capture the joy and beauty and love in a way that is really indescribable.

And on another note, this is the kind of person Virgil is - I'm a nurse and have been working on the front lines of the covid-19 pandemic - back in March (before we had even asked to see if Virgil could do our photography for our wedding), Virgil mailed me a care package with N95 masks and a prayer card he hand wrote. The prayer is posted at work next to my PPE, and I read it every day.

Virgil is an exceptional photographer and person and we feel so lucky we were able to get him to capture our wedding day. The pictures are priceless.
  • Emily
    Emily F. Married on 11/23/2019

Each picture was better than the next...

Virgil is amazing! We always knew he was good, but the day of he was exceptional. He and his team were extremely professional, capturing every details and truly telling the story of our wedding day through photos. He received so many compliments from our guests before anyone even saw a picture! When we received our photos it brought tears to our eyes all over again. Each picture was better than the next... Virgil helped capture the amazing feeling that will stay with us forever. We recommend him to everyone... you will thank us for it later :)
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten Married on 09/01/2019

Virgil made our wedding day dreams come true

When I think back on our wedding weekend, the memory of Virgil and his team instantly brings a smile to my face. They exceeded our expectations in every way possible. Even in the worst weather conditions (there was a tropical rainstorm on our wedding day), his magnetic energy and optimistic attitude kept us all positive and excited.

Virgil is more than an incredible photographer (although he's definitely that too), he's a vibe. His energy was felt throughout the wedding weekend and during our engagement photos. He calmed us when we had nerves, helped us capture the perfect photos, and pushed the boundaries on possible.

During the wedding day, he suggested we “go on an adventure” and took us into the rain to get our dream shot. He was excellent and there for every moment: big and small. We've spent hours marveling over our photos. His artistic ability and multiple lenses captured perspectives we didn't think were possible.

Virgil was also brought up by almost every wedding guest, and many of the bridesmaids who were already married had said they wished they had found him for their weddings.

We could not recommend Virgil and his team more. We are already vying for him to do every one of our unmarried friends and sibling's weddings so we can hangout together again.

Virgil, you're truly the best.
    Andrea Married on 12/01/2018

Photography Perfection

The work speaks for itself, Virgil is truly talented. His personality is icing on the cake. We love him and could not be happier with our choice!
    Devon W. Married on 09/01/2018

LOVE the photos of our day

I am so thrilled with how all of our wedding photos turned out. When looking at different wedding photographers, I chose Virgil because it was clear is photographs are pieces of art. Loved the mix of digital and film. Plus, he made everyone feel so comfortable throughout the process!
    Emily Married on 06/09/2018
    Virgil is a rare gem. Talented doesn't begin to describe Virgil. He took stunning photos on our wedding day. He has a unique ability to capture emotion and light in his photographs. He captured all of the special moments from our wedding day and then some. His work truly speaks for itself. But behind his incredible photographs is a truly amazing person. My wedding venue flooded on my wedding day, hours before our ceremony was to begin. I credit Virgil and his calming presence for keeping me grounded and calm on the wedding day. His kindness and his talent are in a league of their own. I highly recommend Virgil Bunao and his team.
    Margaret Married on 05/11/2018
    An absolute pleasure to work with. He makes the experience so wonderful with his professionalism and charming personality. He is able to capture the true essence and real memories of your wedding weekend
    M Married on 04/21/2018
    Virgil photographed our wedding this past weekend. He was so professional and at the same time had the most amazing way of making us feel like we've known him our whole lives. He made us feel comfortable and made the process easy and enjoyable. Not only that, but we had so much fun with him all night long. His assistants were wonderful as well. We've seen some sneak peek photos and they are stunning - we cant wait to see the rest!!
    Chris Married on 04/21/2018
    Virgil was incredible. He was one of the first vendors that we booked for our wedding because we saw his work online, and even still he exceeded all of our expectations. He was so warm and instantly made us feel feel comfortable and at ease while also getting shit done. That day, my wife and I said to each other that it felt like we've known him forever. Not to mention that he is a whole lot of fun, and we were laughing all night. Several people had recommended him to us as the "best photographer in Charleston" and he did not disappoint. His photos are absolutely amazing!
    Christine Married on 08/05/2017
    Words cannot express how happy and impressed we were with Virgil's work! He was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding!! He is absolutely amazing and made our wedding day feel so special. He got every shot we wanted and beyond. He also has the best attitude - he hustled all day (on a hot day) to get the best shots, made us feel at ease, made us laugh, and felt just like a family member or wedding guest. I had so many people come up to us at the wedding and tell us how much they loved our photographer and what an excellent job he was doing. He is extremely talented and captured the most beautiful photos - I could not be more happy with how everything turned out. Best wedding decision we made!! Thank you Virgil!
  • W
    Whitney Married on 05/28/2017
    Virgil Bunao is hands down the best photographer we've ever worked with. He is funny, kind, hard working and very very talented. He is very responsive. He was very kind to our guests and very unobtrusive. We love our pictures. We loved working with Virgil. Our experience working with him was impeccable. He made me feel very at eased and beautiful. He is worth every penny. The pictures he captured was everything i ever wanted and more. He went above and beyond. My pictures were timeless. He captured a lot of great moments that i will cherish forever. I'm so glad we were able to book him. We knew he is very popular and hard to book. He has a great team of people. Great and kind and very polite studio staff. Look no further. Book him now. It will be the best decision you'll ever make and money well spent.
    Suzanne Married on 10/17/2015
    Virgil is the best! Not only is he unbelievably talented, but he is someone we truly enjoyed spending our wedding day with. Virgil had photographed one of my friend's wedding a few years ago. I was't in the wedding, but had heard so many great things that I started following his work on Instagram and on a few wedding blogs. The images are amazing. Then when I got engaged, he was the first vendor I hired and I don't even live in SC! We brought him up to Philadelphia for our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. He far exceeded any expectations we had. He was so professional, yet relaxed and fun to be around. Our family and wedding party gave him rave reviews as well. As for the images of our big day, they are stunning! Virgil really knows how to capture the moments that matter. His images are timeless, classic and feeling. I would highly recommend Virgil no matter where you located.
    Sarah Married on 07/11/2015
    Words can't describe how much I adore Virgil. Not only are his photographs the most amazing photographs I have ever seen - but he is such an amazing person. I loved having him with me on my wedding day! He was responsive, organized, and worked seamlessly with my planner to make sure everything was perfect. Saying his pictures are stunning is an understatement - he and his team were able to capture literally every moment of our wedding and make every thing look just beautiful. I could not recommend him more highly!
    Austin Married on 06/27/2015
    There are simply no words to describe the amazing quality that is Virgil. I had only two requests for my wedding...black and white dance floor, and Virgil as my photographer. After seeing Virgil's work at a few of my friends' previous weddings, I knew he was a natural at what he did, and I knew I had to have him at my wedding. However, Virgil completely exceeded my expectations. He not only makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, he also makes sure everyone else around you feels comfortable as well. He takes time to get to know you and your wedding party, so that you feel like you have a friend photographing your wedding day. He isn't any ordinary photographer, he captures real moments. While looking through our pictures, I was amazed at the memories he captured when I was not even aware he was capturing them at the time. Bottom line is, if you are looking for a wedding photographer, email Virgil right now. You will not be disappointed. :)
    Jennyperone@Yahoo.com Married on 04/03/2015
    Words can't even begin to explain how wonderful and amazing Virgil was for our wedding. We met Virgil a few years ago at my sisters wedding and knew we had to use him as our own photographer after seeing what a personable and professional man he was! He made it so easy and fun and gave us the most amazing memories from our special day! We love Virgil and will definitely use him again in the future for family pics!
    Graham Married on 03/28/2015
    Virgil is in a class all by himself. Without a doubt, going with Virgil was the best decision that we made in planning our big weekend. I'll get back to his photography in a second, but first, he is an absolute joy to work with. His fun, yet professional demeanor strikes a perfect balance, and you walk away from the experience convinced that you just had one of your best friends shooting your wedding. He works just as hard at getting all parties comfortable with one another as he does at taking world-class photos. Leading up to the weekend, he was always available, despite his hectic schedule, and he went out of his way to do unbelievable homework on the wedding party, family names, etc. Case in point, when we were taking photos after the ceremony of grandparents, wedding party, immediate family, etc., there wasn't one person that he didn't know by name, and it made the whole process extremely efficient in terms of getting everyone in position for their photos. And then the photos... there is no one that could have captured the weekend better. Each photo, including the ones that are more stock in nature (family shots, wedding party), captures the emotion and the mood of the weekend. It's as if each photo in a vacuum tells a story, and when we saw the finished product a few weeks later, it was as if we were transported back in time. You want a photographer that delivers photos in a way that allows you to relive the weekend all over again, and I challenge anyone to find a person better suited to do that than Virgil. His photos are pure artwork, and each and every one of his photos will be keepsakes that we'll have to reflect back on our big weekend for many years to come. And I know this is a photography write-up, but we also used Virgil for video too (Cinema 843), and oh boy, it's a must too. Same thing there - unreal cinematography and captures the emotion of the weekend in a way that we thought impossible going into it. There is no one better. Virgil is the best.
    Meredith Married on 02/07/2015
    Choosing Virgil Bunao was the best decision I made throughout the entire wedding planning process. He captured the most beautiful photos during my engagement session, bridal session, rehearsal dinner and entire wedding day festivities. Virgil is a true artist, and his work speaks for itself. Just check out his website and social media accounts to see evidence of his profound artistic ability. As for his level of service, not only was Virgil my wedding photographer, but also a true friend and consultant throughout my entire engagement. He recommended bridal boutiques in Charleston, and I ended up buying my dress from one of his recommendations. He found the perfect shooting locations for my engagement session and bridal session. He recommended a hair and makeup stylist for my bridal session, and she was impeccable. He recommended a florist who made me a bouquet in just two hours after I realized I forgot to order one for the portrait. He touched base regularly just to see how the wedding planning was coming along and how I was feeling. He worked seamlessly with other vendors and he was a joy to be around every step of the way. Not only does Virgil make people feel comfortable, but his sense of humor makes people genuinely laugh, making photos look effortlessly beautiful. When the wedding is over, all that remains are the memories and photos. Memories will eventually fade, but the photos will last more than a lifetime.