54 Reviews for Violets Are Blue {floral design}

Samples (1)
Chuppah Decor (1)
54 Violets Are Blue {floral design} Reviews

4.7

Courtney was a pleasure to work with. I work as a resident and have a fairly tight work schedule. She was so flexible, and we FaceTimed for our first talk. From that itself I was impressed because she did things to make our working together easier. She was also so excited about what little I knew about flowers and asked many questions. She was very organized, and made changes to the plan for the followers for the wedding when I wanted to make changes. On the wedding day, her flowers really made the wedding reception so beautiful. The centerpieces were creative, gorgeous and added so much color to the table. Her corsages and boutinnieres were lovely as well. The petals that she added to the cupcake table were also so beautiful. She was so professional - I had my ceremony, reception in two different cities and she figured out how to get to both locations without my having to worry about anything on the day of. Hire her, you will not be disappointed. She is an absolute pleasure to work with also because she has a great attitude, she is warm, sunny and has an energy that is infectious. :-) I think flowers can be expensive but compared to some other florists she does more and adds details like flowers in the napkins that make tables beautiful.

Profile Picture Padmini, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Courtney did an excellent job. Everything she did was beautiful and she helped my wife figure out the look we wanted. Courtney was also a logistical blessing as we needed her to travel for our wedding. It was no problem to work things out remotely and everything went smoothly once she landed in Texas. I highly recommend Courtney and Violets Are Blue! 10/10!

Profile Picture John, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I literally cannot say enough good things about Violets are Blue! Brides: you NEED to work with Violets are Blue!!! When I started my wedding planning journey I was so overwhelmed after talking to so many other florists who were cookie-cutter, old fashioned, and pushy. However, when I met with Courtney she changed my entire perspective on florals- she is so genuinely talented, creative, and down to earth. She literally went step by step with me through every book of flower types she had (literally 10+ books) in order to make sure I got exactly what I wanted, and she made my million-dollar dreams come to life within the budget I had! I was blown away, and you can tell that Courtney is passionate and cut from a different cloth than other florists in Indy. She has the qualities of the most beautiful flower- fresh, springy, and beautiful. Working with her was the easiest part of the whole wedding planning- she took care of everything, communicated so well, and made sure I had nothing to worry about (which is hard because I'm a worry wart). I wasn't surprised when my mother-in-law (who is a wedding coordinator for her local church!) ended up sharing with me that every bride she worked with who used Violets are Blue had the BEST floral arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres. Florals really do impact the entire look of the wedding and it was crystal clear on my wedding day that I made the right choice. Everything was stunning and really showcased what my husband and I wanted our celebration to look like. People couldn't stop complimenting our arrangements, too! All in all, I really loved working with Violets are Blue and wish I could tell every bride in person that Courtney is the right choice for you. I wouldn't change a thing about the whole process and love looking back at our pictures and remembering what she did for us. Thank you, Courtney and VAB, for making our day so beautiful!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Courtney with Violets are Blue was SO amazing! She was super detail oriented and made note of every little preference I mentioned and was awesome at communicating. On the day of the wedding, everything looked SO beautiful! I was in love with my bouquet and the stunning centerpiece so! She was also able to think on her feet when me made a mistake and had more tables at the venue than centerpieces that we ordered... So she created a couple new centerpieces on the fly free of extra charge. So accommodating and great to work with! I love how she listened to my vision and brought it to life! Thank you Courtney!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Violets Are Blue were so great at first and throughout the process but fell flat on our wedding day. Courtney is easy to work with and responds quickly to emails. I was planning from Chicago so she made it easy and even met with me a second time when she was in Chicago. We had a small wedding (55 people) so I wanted our flower budget to be proportionate. She listened to me when I told her I wanted a lot of candles and what I wanted the bouquets to look like, and adjusted our guest tables when I felt the price was too high. My bridal bouquet was absolutely gorgeous and was my favorite thing out of everything floral. When it came to the reception, we had two designs to be implemented for the guest tables, but on the day of our reception, only one design was on all of our tables. The second design which was my favorite that wasn't on the tables was also a little more expensive so money wasted. I wasn't a huge fan of floating candles which is what was put on the tables (this was expressed to her), but I felt with our budget that was one of the few things being offered. The flower arrangements on the tables were also small and not what was described. The guests tables were expensive for what we got. I think Courtney would be great if you have a specific vision with a bigger budget, but for someone who needed some guidance on a smaller budget (1000-1500), I'm hesitant to recommend. It would've been nice to have a book of her work to choose from instead of pulling from Pinterest since some things I found and liked weren't available. A follow up email to get feedback like all of my other vendors did would have added to the professionalism.

Update: Courtney followed up and it ended up being an honest mistake with the other design not begin implemented. She was very professional, apologized, and reimbursed us for the mistake.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lauren, 5/6/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Courtney did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding! I will never forget that feeling when I walked into the room and saw my vision come together perfectly! I had very specific flowers, colors and style and she absolutely saw it through, going above and beyond. The details were incredible - from the mercury glass candles, to the antique gold frame for the seating chart, to the draping of the fabric around the chuppah (wedding canopy). She was so easy to work with and completely open to my ideas and last minute changes too. I would use Courtney again for any event!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

What are you waiting for - hire them! Absolutely fabulous!

Profile Picture Sharon, 4/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Excellent customer service and beautiful flowers.  Courtney made a beautiful bouquet, texted me pictures, and delivered to my friend in record time. :). Would use again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Maddie, 1/11/17, 0 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I'm the end, my flowers turned out incredibly. Courtney did a fantastic job of taking what I envisioned and making it a reality. Communication was a bit off for the first half of the process, but she had just had a baby so it's understandable. Overall, the value and quality cannot be beat in the Indianapolis area.

Profile Picture User6235493, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Courtney (and all the women who work with her) really listened to what I wanted & my vision. Kathy spent over an hour with me during our consultation before I had even decided to go with VAB. She took my vision and improved upon it while keeping my budget in mind. She didn't try to up-sell me and she was very respectful. Courtney was very patient when I changed my mind back and forth about some things. She was also always very prompt and thorough in her responses to me, I never had to hunt her down for answers! I would recommend VAB to anyone who wants a florist they can trust & not have to worry if their vision will be executed!!

Profile Picture elizabeth, 10/21/16, 1 Review
0.8

I booked, signed the contract, and paid the deposit for Violets are Blue, however, I did not end up using her services for my wedding. Here is why:

I reached out to her for information and set up a date and time to meet, January 30th. A few days before, she notified me that I'd be meeting with one of her colleagues instead at a coffee shop. I later found out it was because she was going to have her baby that day. Her colleague was fine, but I wasn't sure we were on the same page for our floral design and wanted to meet with the her, as she was the actual designer who'd be doing my wedding flowers. I told her that I understood she just had a baby, so to take her time and let me know when would work best for her. She asked me to reach out to her in April to meet. In March, she told me that another bride was interested in her services on my day, and that I needed to sign the contract and pay immediately if I wanted to secure my slot, so I did.

I reached out to her on April 4th and asked when to meet up. She responded that she could ONLY meet on week days between 5:45P and 6P, because of the new baby. I offered to FaceTime with her instead, and she asked to schedule a time in May.

At that time, I went ahead and booked another florist. I felt like she was dodging me through the entire time I worked with her. I tried my best to be accommodating and sensitive to the fact that she had a new baby, but I simply wasn't comfortable working with someone who couldn't take more than 15 minutes out of her day (only on weekdays and on the opposite side of town at a coffee shop) to meet with one of her paying clients.

Price: she told me that she had the best prices because she purchases wholesale. For that reason, I couldn't see what any of the flowers would look like before the day of without paying full price for the flowers. The brick-and-mortar florist I ended up hiring charged considerably less for her arrangements, and I got to see what they looked like.

Profile Picture User4965976, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers
2.6

Easy to work with but lacked professionalism. Just moderately impressed with the products delivered. Overpriced compared to the quality.

Profile Picture User7267022, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I spent a ton of time researching options for a florist for my wedding. I had an idea of what I wanted, but no clue how to get there. I also definitely had a budget to stay within. Courtney with Violets Are Blue helped make my vision a reality and worked diligently to help me plan to stay within budget. We worked together to determine where I could cut back and where it was important to spend. The pictures I provided her came to life better than I could've imagined. Her response time was the best of any vendor I worked with throughout my entire engagement. I would highly recommend to any bride or event planner looking for thoughtful guidance, attention to detail, reasonable and budget friendly prices, outstanding response time, and all around some of the best service I've ever received as a customer, let alone as a bride. Thank you Courtney and Violets Are Blue!!!

Profile Picture Leah, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I would recommend Violets are Blue to anyone planning an event, especially brides. My mom and I knew that we wanted someone that knew what they were doing - someone that was passionate about it. I am overly obsessed with flowers/floral, so I had to have the best! The lead designer, Courtney, was absolutely incredible. We gave her our vision and budget, and she ROCKED it! I wouldn't have been able to do the floral part of my wedding without her! I can't wait until my friends start getting married so I can proudly recommend Violets are Blue! And since I'll most likely be planning them (I'm an Event Planner in the real world), I can't wait to work with Courtney again!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Whether your a Pinterest bride or the more creative bride, Violets Are Blue Floral Design is who you need to call. We worked with Courtney Wiley and she is amazing! She was very helpful, knowledgeable and she matched our really good taste in flowers with a budget that would work for us. She went above and beyond any Pinterest post we presented her with and she made every part of our day absolutely breathtaking. So much so that my wife and I were brought to tears from our pure joy and happiness of how it all came together. Courtney and her team made our dream wedding a reality from the very beginning. Our guests haven't stopped talking about just how beautiful it was (our wedding was back in August 2016). We are eternally grateful for Violets Are Blue and their amazing talent. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day everything we dreamed of and more.

Profile Picture Johna, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I absolutely loved my experience with VAB. I had a very basic idea of what I wanted the flowers to look like, but other than that I was lost. Courtney expertly led me through all different color schemes and ideas and ultimately made the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen. I honestly could not stop looking at them. The handful of sparkly brooches she put in there were the perfect touch to make the whole thing amazing, as well as serving as my something borrowed and blue!
And then there was the reception.. My goodness it was amazing! Candelabras and giant martini glasses filled with pearls - the whole atmosphere was so Gatsby, I was in love!
I won't ever stop recommending her, and I'm currently trying to think up another event where I could work with her again on! Thank you so much Courtney for making our day a beautiful one!

Profile Picture Liz, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I worked with Courtney from out of state to coordinate flowers for my son and daughter in law's wedding; she was extremely professional , flexible and helpful both in making recommendations as well as utilizing various means for us to communicate effectively ; I would highly recommend Violets are Blue to anyone regardless of the size of the wedding or budget !

Profile Picture Tamk, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I am excited to work with Violets are Blue floral design. We have only had our initial meeting and have made a deposit, but so far it has been wonderful. I don't know much about flowers, but I had an idea of what I wanted. Violets are Blue easily turned my ramblings into what flowers I needed. I can't wait to see how things turn out, but based on prior work, it should be exactly what I am looking for.

Profile Picture User5152750, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Due to the short planning time prior to my wedding, Courtney and I weren't able to meet very many times, but she was able to create a beautiful bouquet and reception flowers that fit what I wanted perfectly! Courtney and her team were there in a pinch when we needed them and were able to create amazing arrangements!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Courtney is awesome! She has been very patient with me and all the little changes I keep making up to my big day. She seems to know exactly what I am asking for and has a plan in her mind when I tell her what I want. I cannot wait to see the final outcome!

Profile Picture User5494342, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

I choose Courtney and her team based on all the great reviews I read and am SO glad I choose her. I thought I had an idea of what I wanted in terms of floral, but when I met with Courtney the first time, I found out I really didn't know. Courtney was more than willing to meet me again to go over floral choices and make little updates along the way.

After seeing more photos of her work, I knew that I could trust that what she envisioned with my scattered ideas. My florals exceeded my already high expectations. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

My guests were also impressed with the beautiful set and selection of flowers. I highly recommend the VAB team!

Profile Picture Julie, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

If you are planning a wedding on a budget, VAB is the florist for you! I wasted my time meeting with two other florist who requested almost double the money that VAB did. I don't know a lot about flowers and Courtney picked out a few off the bat that I loved. The only low scores I gave her were due to her responsiveness as it took over 3 weeks to get me a quote. I also gave her a 4 star on professionalism as she was professional, just seemed upset or angry when we met. Overall, I am very happy with my experience with VAB!

Profile Picture Mallory, 2/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Violets are blue did a FANTASTIC job on our bouquets and centerpieces for our wedding on 10/3/15. All the details we described to Courtney were captured even better than we could have imagined! Everything arrived on time and she even made mulitple trips to bring us the bouquets early for pictures. I couldn't of asked for a better florist vendor. Thank you, Violets are Blue!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Courtney was absolutely great! She was so easy to talk to and was able to provide helpful suggestions for things I hadn't thought about and use what I told her I wanted to incorporate everything beautifully!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

Courtney did an absolute amazing job with our wedding flowers. Through the whole process, Courtney was responsive and did a great job of providing us with different options.

Profile Picture User4685033, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews