Vintage Strings Reviews

23 | San Marcos, CA

23 Reviews for Vintage Strings

don · Married on 10/21/2017

We had Vintage Strings do our duaghter's wedding last weekend and were very impressed with their professionalism, flexibility and talent/quality - highly recommend them for weddings!!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Laurie · Married on 07/22/2017

Absolute 5 star musicians! I am not a musician but my husband is (50 + years) and he agreed. He will comment if he hears someone out of tune or just not talented. Priscilla so very easy to work with as I am not from the San Diego area. Replies via email were immediate. She accommodated all my daughter's requests. Price was very reasonable if not less than others in the SD area. I have 3 daughters left to marry and I would definitely go straight to Vintage Strings if any of them choose to marry in the SD area.

Sent on 10/18/2017

We used the Vintage Strings quartet for our wedding in October 2014 in Costa Mesa and they did a fabulous job. We had them play the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Working with Priscilla was really smooth, and I got to pick the ceremony music and cocktail hour music from their extensive list of classical and popular songs. I had a great time going through their song list and was impressed by how many well-known and current pop songs they offered. On the day of, I was so excited to hear the songs I had chosen and their music sounded beautiful. It added a nice touch of class to both the ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests loved hearing familiar songs and we got many compliments about how great the string quartet was. Both our ceremony and cocktail hour were outside and we had no issues being able to hear and enjoy the music from either location. I highly recommend the Vintage Strings for any quartet where you're looking to add a touch of class and some music fun, they are really excellent!

Sent on 04/19/2015

J · Married on 09/20/2014

Vinatage Strings provided a beautiful environment for my daughter;s recent wedding. The pre-ceremony music was delightful and the cocktail hour music was enchanting. We were especially pleased that they could provide the music of our choice for the bride's entry and march. Thank you Vintage Strings for making this special day even better.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Wow, this team of professionals did an absolutely amazing job! At first, I did not even consider having string quartets for my ceremony, but my mom convinced me that it would be beautiful. I am so glad I listened to her because it truly did make my ceremony a memorable and unforgettable experience. They were a class act!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Ayami · Married on 06/17/2014

Vintage Strings provided amazingly beautiful music during our ceremony at St. Francis Chapel. The volume, timing, sounds... everything was just perfect and they made the ceremony so gorgeous!! And they patiently continued to play music for our guests while they waited for me to finally show up!
    Also, we wanted a Red Hot Chili Peppers song which was not on their play list. We were a little worried to ask about it, but Priscilla was very helpful and they were totally fine with it. Their music will be in our memories every time we remember our wedding day. We're so happy we had them for our ceremony!!
    I must mention that they had promotion cards at the Bridal Bazaar, so if you are there I suggest you to stop by. :-)

Sent on 07/31/2014

Mr. Wayne · Married on 05/24/2014

All of our pre-event communication was via email and she was responsive. Because our day went so fast we never had time to meet the vendors, watching the videos we observed and heard their performance. Our guests had pleasant memories of the performance. Thank you for making those memories that we wished our guests would take from our day. Good job!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Paula · Married on 03/16/2014

Vintage Strings played a little bit of everything at our wedding, and they played it wonderfully! They worked with us to come up with the music for the ceremony and reception, and were able to respond when the ceremony started a few minutes late.

Sent on 03/23/2014

Mary · Married on 10/26/2013

I hired Vintage Strings for my ceremony and cocktail hour. They already had a few songs on their website that I wanted them to play but there were a couple of songs that I requested that they needed sheet music for and learn. I chose the song Turning Page for my entrance; which this was one of the songs that they needed to learn. And this is the only song that I could hear because I was hidden before the ceremony and off away taking pictures during cocktail hour. But seriously, as I was walking down the aisle and listening to my song; it was absolutely PERFECT!!!!! Everytime I would call, I was referred to as "the twilight bride". Which, yes I did choose songs from twilight and it was everything I wanted and more!!! I had my guests complimenting me on how wonderful the music was and how they were perfect. I chose more modern songs and didn't want any traditional songs to be played. They are just AMAZING!!!

Sent on 10/31/2013
  • Y

Yuka · Married on 10/18/2013

Thank you so much for making our wedding amazing, we couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Diane · Married on 10/12/2013

Very reliable and helpful in planning the wedding music and they did a great job.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Sharon · Married on 07/28/2013

If you are wanting to have a professional, excellent string quartet, Vintage Strings is the quartet to choose! I know Priscilla, as I too am a musician and play with her in the Poway Community Symphony Orchestra. I know the muscians that played in our wedding and I was completely thrilled to have them be a part of our special day! The music sounded wonderful and there was such a variety from the traditional wedding music to the cocktail hour. The guests were amazed at how wonderful the quartet sounded. I HIGHLY recommend Vintage Strings!!!
    Sharon King

Sent on 11/24/2013

Brian · Married on 07/06/2013

I recently had the Vintage Strings quartet play at my wedding at the Park Hyatt Aviara and if I could give them 10 stars out of 5, I would! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend them to all. We primarily worked through Priscilla who was responsive to our phone calls / emails and accommodating to our special requests. The crew was professional, on time, organized and not to mention extremely talented. They even played arranged a song for us that was not on their play list (for a small fee of course). I think their price was a steal-of-a-deal given the service that was provided.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/18/2011

We are very happy we chose Vintage Strings for our wedding. They were very professional, easy to work with and were a great help in picking out music. They added the perfect touch of elegance to our ceremony. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a string quartet.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Marvie · Married on 05/31/2014

We heard vintage strings play at my cousins wedding in Temecula last October and was very pleased with thier work. We decided to hire them for our May 31 ceremony in Corondado. From what I heard I was very happy with how our music selection turned out. My husband heard more of them play since he was at the cermenony area prior to the wedding and was also very happy with the turn out. They played about 5 songs as the guests were seated. We chose all of those songs from thier playlist. All of the songs we chose for the ceremony were not on thier song list. I was happy that they accomodated to us, found the sheet music and learned to play the 3-4 songs for the ceremony.
    Priscilla was nice to work with but she wasn't the easiest person to contact. She did respond to my emails and missed calls, not necessarily in a timely manner, but I always did hear back from her. And I do wish we were able to hear thier work prior to the wedding, especially because they were learning our song selection. Overall, we are pleased with vintage strings and would recommend them.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Philip · Married on 05/25/2014

Priscilla and Vintage Strings played the most beautiful music at our wedding! We had singers we wanted to sing during the ceremony. We asked Priscilla if the quartet could learn the song to accompany the singers. She eagerly accepted the challenge. With having only rehearsed with the singers right before the ceremony, they played beautifully together. It was a moment that my wife and I will never forget - just stunning! Vintage Strings set the tone for the ceremony, creating an elegant and romantic setting. When they began playing for the wedding party to walk down the aisle, it brought tears to my eyes. And their music was the perfect accompaniment for the most beautiful woman to walk down the aisle. Thank you so much for being a part of our special day, Priscilla!!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Kevin · Married on 08/09/2013

3.5

My Wife & I got married in August and we were very impressed by the professionalism and quality of Vintage Strings. They delivered on everything they had promised and we received nothing but great reviews from our guest! I would highly recommend them to anyone out there.

Kevin & Erika

Sent on 09/04/2013

Played beautifully. Good deal for San Diego.

Sent on 06/23/2013
  • User2017955 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Vintage Strings was a pleasure to work with and was lovely addition to our ceremony. I really appreciated the samples on their website, followed by the CD of longer, more varied work we received in the mail. They required minimal direction (aside from song choices) as they're quite seasoned at weddings and I appreciated this very much.

Sent on 11/01/2012

Natalie · Married on 12/10/2011

We are so glad that we chose Vintage Strings to perform during our ceremony. We got married at a inery and the string quartet added a perfect touch of elegance and romance. To start, they mailed a CD of several sample songs and also had othes online and it gave us a great idea of their style and quality.

Communication would have been a bit easier if we had communicated via email vs. snail mail or phone calls - and is the only reason I marked "responsiveness" less than perfect.

Overall, we highly recommend Vintage Strings for any wedding ceremony!

Sent on 02/14/2012

Simon · Married on 08/15/2015

Beautiful classical music quartet. Very professional. Gave option for contemporary pop music as well as classical selection.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Meghan · Married on 10/15/2016

0.4
      0.5

Horrible experience using Vintage Strings, we had them for our wedding in October, they didn't have our right music, which I hadn't realized until it was over. My mom was the one who pointed it out right after our ceremony. They played a "lullaby" song during our wine ceremony, played the wrong song when I walked out and when the groomsmen walked in. The only song that was correct was when we were exiting the ceremony. When I emailed them to let them know how upset we were, all they said was sorry, they didn't try to explain what might have happened or give us back any of our money for messing up our music. Its horrible to know that every time I play back my wedding video, I will not be hearing the songs that we personally picked for all the special moments, this was supposed to be our perfect day and now when we look back at it we will always remember the music.

Sent on 08/21/2017

0.0

At 3:20 PM (PT) - 10 minutes before our guests were scheduled to arrive and 40 mins before our wedding ceremony began these musicians approached me, the groom, in person, on location, and refused to play; in other words to fulfill their contract with us, at the ceremony site, stating that they would not play outdoors due to weather. It had not rained since early morning that day and did not rain all afternoon and evening - the forecast calling for less than a 10% chance of rain in the area at the time of our ceremony. In fact, the sun was so strong and bright that we were both squinting while reading our vows and while taking pictures. The musicians deemed it acceptable to argue and debate with me, insisting that their intent was for us to move our entire ceremony indoors at the banquet location we had also rented at the same venue. Had we been willing to do so, it would have set back all other timelines at least 30 mins - 1 hr, including food prep/service, officiant's schedule and photographer's schedule, not to mention shortening our 2 hrs. of wedding photos to 1 hr, due to nightfall - barely enough time to take even our group photos, never mind the bride and groom alone photos. Needless to say, I had then the crushing responsibility of calling my bride, who was enroute in a limo and tell her that we would not have the string musicians playing for the ceremony...she was very upset by this and I was heartbroken to have to deliver such news ON OUR WEDDING DAY!!!They left us to fend for ourselves and the wedding procession, including the brides entrance and walk down the isle, to be conducted in utter silence, ruining that aspect of our ceremony completely. We didn't even receive a call from them as a follow up, but had to reach out to them days later ourselves, only to be told they would not return our $200 deposit as a form of good will and apology. This vendor has no scruples whatsoever and should be avoided at all costs - DO NOT HIRE THEM!!!

Sent on 03/10/2014