Vinluan Photography Reviews

56 | Virginia Beach, VA

56 Reviews for Vinluan Photography

• Amanda

Amanda & Sean Ferguson · Married on 07/10/2020

You Won't Find Anyone Better!

- First, book them ASAP because you will not find a better quality for this deal. These two are professionals and their quality reflects that. All my friends, family, and literally friends of friends that saw our photos commented on how gorgeous they are! They're beautiful - strong colors, but not over contrasted. Light and refreshing, but not washed out. They're truly timeless images, not a "trendy" edit.
    - Jennifer made us feel so comfortable and our photos looked so natural. She taught us a few tricks on how to pose to make the photos better, but it never felt or looked unnatural. We were able to act and be ourselves and the photography captures that - I felt like a model!
    - We got our photos back FAST. Both our engagement and wedding albums! The blog was posted in a week or so, and we received our entire wedding album less than 2 weeks after our wedding. You may think you're okay waiting, but when you're on a post-wedding high you want them back ASAP! I cannot thank Vinluan Photography for how much work they put in to get them back so quickly. I know other brides that wait 2-4 months!
    - Logistics: There are some logistics about booking a photographer that you don't think about that Vinluan Photography does to really make them stand out. First, the return rate is fast (see above). Second, they send you the entire album and let you print, download, post as you wish. I always give credit to Vinluan, but it's nice to not have big logos on every photo and to download as I wish. Third, I filled out a questionnaire about what photos I wanted, groups, etc and they were excellent about ensuring I got all my "must have" shots. These are some details that some overlook, but not Vinluan.
    - They take such a true and genuine interest in all their clients to get to know them personally. This makes shooting with them a lot more fun and personalized. I told everyone that after one engagement session and communication with Vinluan for a year between engagement and wedding, I truly felt like they were friends. It made my wedding day so much fun and I was so comfortable knowing that they had my best interest in heart and weren't focused on what they wanted, but what I wanted.
    - Your wedding photographer needs to do your engagement photos. It should be a rule. It allowed us to learn what it's like working with Vinluan Photography, allowed them to learn us, and made our wedding day so smooth.
    - TWO PHOTOGRAPHERS. My husband and the guys LOVED Jake - and Jake learned everyone's names so quickly (and we had a LOT of men in our party!) Jennifer was fabulous with us ladies, laughing and giggling with us. We were able to maximize our time on our day by having two photographers, and they were able to capture photos that you just cannot do with one photographer.
    - If you can't tell, I truly love Vinluan Photography. On our consultation call with Jennifer, we knew within 5 minutes that this was the team for us. I am so picky about photographers and cannot believe that a team like this exists. I promise you - you will NOT regret booking with Vinluan Photography. They're the best photographers and people you could want!

PS - I loved them so much, that my brother is getting married and hired WOW. Vinluan Photography is a DREAM. They are so much more than a fantastic photographer team - you are receiving some pure and joyful spirits and friends. But also, the photos are STUNNING. A few highlights of working with Jennifer and Jake:

Bonus: I love Vinluan Photography so much, that my brother who is getting married in April is using them too!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Michelle · Married on 11/23/2019

Everything we dreamed of and more!

Jennifer and Jake are genuinely amazing people and they are so talented at what they do. Jennifer’s attention to detail is everything you want! They are so patient and take the time to pose the photos in the best way possible. Jennifer did our engagement photos as well. And they turned out just as wonderful as our wedding photos. I 100% recommend them. We are so thankful they were a part of our great day and gave us the best photos as memories to our day!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 10/06/2019

Gorgeous photos!

Jen and Jake were an amazing choice for our wedding. We were looking for photographers that had a great combination of affordability and talent. They were the perfect find! Jennifer is so passionate about what she does and she brings so much enthusiasm to every step of the process. From our initial phone call, I knew that they would put in the work to make sure we had gorgeous photos to remember our wedding day. The photos are excellent! They captured every moment of the day so beautifully. We have received so many compliments on the quality of the photos. They look so natural (not over-edited like some wedding photography)! The day of the wedding, they arrived early and ready to get started. The groomsmen LOVED working with Jake. He really wrangled in the large group well. Jennifer was so calm and made the photos for the bride's side easy and relaxed. We are so happy with our choice in photographers!

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Miller · Married on 10/05/2019

Couldn’t ask for more!

Jake and Jen from the beggining were thoughtful and easy to work with. From locking in a wedding date, to the engagement pictures to the actual wedding everything was seemless and perfectly put together. They let us be us and that is truly a gift. Prepared, professional and fun. We will cherish there work for years to come. From the bottoms of our hearts we cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Krystal

Krystal Torres · Married on 06/30/2019

The best investment on your wedding day!

I could not say enough great things about Jennifer and Jake. You are truly getting way more than just a wedding photographer with them. We are not camera shy but we aren't the best models out there, but during our engagement shoot Jennifer gives you such a boost of confidence with all the different poses and LOTS of laughter. This is so important with the wedding day rush!! They catered to all our needs and what we wished to see on our wedding. Our pictures authentically show the fun and the emotions shared on one of the best days of our lives.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect Choice!

I cannot even begin with how amazing Jen and Jake were throughout the entire planning and wedding day process! Our engagement pictures were stunning, and our wedding photos are just absolutely perfect! They were able to capture the best moments of our day and were so prepared!! They made us feel really comfortable like we could be ourselves which comes through in their work. They made us feel like rockstars and if you're looking for photographers with great experience and teamwork, this is the team for you!! Jen is the sweetest and was so kind and helpful even when wedding planning became overwhelming she had tons of resources to make everything so much easier on my end. I cannot thank them enough for our beautiful wedding photos that we will enjoy for the rest of our lives

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Jennifer and Jake are such an incredible team! From the moment we met them, we felt an instant connection and as if we were catching up with old friends. They put their heart into their craft and it definitely shows. From our engagement photos and through our entire wedding day, we received nothing but kindness and 100% dedication (down to Jennifer helping me get into my dress with "a zillion buttons" in the words of my bridal party). Not to mention, we received both our engagement photo and wedding photo albums surprisingly fast! Everything was absolutely perfect and I could not have been more satisfied with the Vinluans capturing our most precious moments.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Nunzio Gallo · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent wedding day

Not only were Jake and Jennifer very talented photographers, they were also great people. We had so much fun sharing our wedding day with them. Despite the weather being awful (torrential downpour) they still managed to capture great photos. I cant stress enough how awesome they were. I would recommend them for any event. My wife and I plan to keep in touch with Vinluan's and can only speak great things about them and their work.

Hannah Gallo · Married on 06/08/2019

Simply amazing!

We have a wonderful experience the couple was very sweet! Jennifer cared so much about my “little details”. Her husband was amazing with the boys. They were genuinely happy for us and both made the experience amazing. Jennifer and her husband saw my vision of the day and made it come true. I had met Jennifer at a wedding show and knew that day I wanted her at my big day. I’m so glad that we chose Jake and Jennifer!

Elyse · Married on 04/06/2019

They are the best!!

Jennifer and Jake are amazing!! We immediately had a connection with them. They made us feel so comfortable throughout our engagement photos and the wedding. Jennifer photographed the ladies getting ready while Jake was with the guys. It was fun to look back at the photos and see something we would’ve missed out on otherwise. The pictures turned out perfect. We received so many compliments from everyone on their outstanding shots.

Christine Mckone · Married on 04/05/2019

Wonderful Wedding Photographer Team

Jen and Jake were wonderful to work with. They made us and all party members feel comfortable in front of the camera. They are super friendly, yet also kept everyone in line to make sure folks were where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be there. Both the engagement and wedding pictures came out beautifully, capturing well this special time in our lives.

Sent on 10/20/2019

Heather Wathen · Married on 02/11/2019

So Much Love

So I am a bit late writing this review (about 6 months to be exact) but Jen and Jake are absolutely wonderful. The quality of their work speaks for itself, but the time, care, and love they put into not only their work but the couples they work with is amazing. I knew from my first meeting with Jen that she would be the perfect fit and we had so much fun at our impromptu engagement session when my now husband came home from deployment earlier than expected. Then I panicked. Shortly after our engagement session, we found out my husbands ship schedule had changed and he would likely be gone for our original wedding date, so we were going to have to move the wedding up 5 months and I now had 4 months to replan our entire wedding. Thankfully, Vinluan Photography wasn’t booked for our new date and graciously allowed us to move dates. Jen and Jake truly helped save the day and our wedding is recorded beautifully for us to look back on and cherish the madness and the love that went in to making the perfect day.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Mary Arca · Married on 10/18/2018

Amazing time!

Love them!! I went to/was part of three weddings last year, and they were at ALL three. They were easy to work with, and I loved helping them out and seeing their amazing teamwork come to life.

• Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 09/22/2018

All I can say is wow. Jennifer and Jake are truly AMAZING at what they do. They captured every emotion felt throughout our wedding day. It went by so fast, but we were able to relive the moment through their photos. They are absolutely stunning. Not only are they fantastic photographers, but genuine, fun people too. My husband and I had a blast working with them. Thank you both for the precious memories we will cherish forever!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Jinsy Fassoth · Married on 08/18/2018

Beautiful Photos

This is a late review, my husband and I got pregnant right away after the wedding. It is finally time to review this power couple. We got married on 8/18/18 it was a popular date, so we were glad that we were able to book them. The Vinluan was recommended by a friend who they took wedding photos of. Jen also took our engagement photos, she made us feel comfortable with all the poses that we thought felt a bit awkward which all turned out great. That shoot got us ready for the wedding. On our wedding day, Jake was with the guy and Jen was with me and my ladies. We had such a fun experience with them and our wedding photos turned out beautiful! We also got a wedding album from them and it is amazing and high quality. They also write a blog and post pictures of your wedding for you to share with family and friends. I highly recommend the Vinluan, we now have all these beautiful photos to look back on for years to come.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Terrance Hicks · Married on 08/10/2018

Vinluan super team

The wedding was very fun and photos were perfect. You guys did an awesome job. Thanks for the wonderful job you guys did.

Desiree Hicks · Married on 08/10/2018

Amazing Couple Photographers!

Jake and Jen did a phenomenal job with the photos for our wedding! So personable, FUN, punctual, and detailed in capturing every moment of our big day! Although, the night seemed to be all a blur to me (I had wayyy to much fun lol), I was so pleased looking back at our photos and reminiscing on that beautiful day (something I STILL do to this day). My favorite part about Vinluan Photography is the fact that they’re both able to capture both my husband and I before the actual ceremony at the SAME time...husband + wife = 2 awesome photographers for the price of one! #WIN! Thank you guys SOOOO very much for helping our day become so memorable forever!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Lauren · Married on 07/14/2018

Gorgeous work and super friendly!!

Jennifer and Jake are an awesome team that helped capture our wedding perfectly. Both of them have a friendly presence that makes you feel like you've known them forever. Their work is beautiful!! Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Clair · Married on 06/30/2018

We absolutely love Jennifer and Jake! They both completely captured what we were looking for in a photography team and made sure we were happy with their service along the journey to the wedding. Communication, care, honesty and love for photographer truly shines through. We could not have asked for better people to capture our special day! Highly recommended! When we need photos in the future, they will be the first to call! Thank you!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Vinluan Photography's reply:

Clair!!! Thank you so much for this amazing review! <3 We love you guys and are so honored to have been a part. For anyone reading this review, please check out Clair for her floristry. She does incredible wedding flowers. Her instagram handle is: https://www.instagram.com/petal_vine_floral/

Kristine · Married on 05/19/2018

I absolutely love Jennifer!!! She completely captured what my fiance' and I were going for in our engagement photos. She made us feel comfortable with the entire process. I could not have asked for better. I was completely blown away by the emotions she captured in each one of the photos. I know that we will be able to look at these years from now and be able to relive every single emotion we felt that day. I simply cannot wait for Jennifer and Jake to capture our wedding!!! I highly recommend them!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Luisa · Married on 04/14/2018

Jennifer is an amazing photographer and has a great eye! When we had our engagement shoot with her, I (bride) was so nervous because I've never had to pose in front of a camera for an extended amount of time. Not only that, but this was our engagement shoot! Our family and friends would see these photos and I wanted to look "perfect." Within the first few moments of walking to the site with Jennifer, she made me feel completely comfortable. My nerves were washed away by her sweet smile and kind personality. Our engagement shoot with her was so much fun. She truly captured who my fiance and I are through her lens. Every smile and laugh caught on camera were genuine and she helped make that happen! We couldn't be more grateful and excited that they are capturing our April wedding!

Sent on 10/17/2017
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 12/15/2017

We absolutely loved Jennifer and Jake! They did such a good job and everyone is raving about our pictures. From the moment that we met Jennifer at our engagement session we were so excited to have her as a friend and someone who would help document our special day. We recommended Vinluan Photography to our friends who got married before us, and so it was awesome to see Jennifer and Jake in action before our big day. Our wedding was super cold in December and they were so professional and everything was so perfect! I cannot recommend them enough :)

Sent on 01/18/2018

Vinluan Photography's reply:

xoxoxo Love you guys so much!!! <3 Please please stay in touch and come down and have dinner with us from time to time! <3
  • Y

Ysabel · Married on 11/11/2017

We clicked with them instantly. They were awesome, creative and fun to work with. They definitely made our special day run very smoothly and most importantly created some amazing memories for us to look back on.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Natasha · Married on 11/05/2017

Jennifer is absolutely a wonderful photographer. She was such a joy to work with for our engagement photos and our wedding photos. She put a personal touch on the whole experience of getting our photos taken and was our first choice of a photographer. We will be using her talents for many years to come.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Natasha · Married on 11/05/2017

Every little detail was covered by Jennifer. Both the engagement session and the day of the wedding were perfect. I loved the personal touches they brought to us though out the whole panning and day of. The photo are absolutely amazing.

Sent on 12/06/2017