Village Beach Club Reviews

Village Beach Club 6
Village Beach Club 7

Alexandra 路 Married on 10/06/2018

Extremely Pleased!

We had our wedding at Village Beach Club this October and could not be happier with the venue! All of our friends and family raved about our venue and the food! We worked with Meredith and she went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect and exactly how we wanted for our special day!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Abby 路 Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing service and package deal

We live in WA state and we were wedding planning from across the country. Village Beach Club offered a package deal with variable options for ceremony and reception, catering, bar service, and they made suggestions for other vendors such as entertainment and floral services. This was EXTREMELY helpful for planning, especially being so far away. The venue provided more than enough space for our guest count of 115. Our wedding and reception was all outdoors but we liked the fact they offered the reception room for plan B, as Hurricane Florence was heading towards NC a week before. 馃槵. Luckily the weather was beautiful, and the venue was a wonderful backdrop for our photos. There were variable options for set up and Meredith and her crew took care of everything flawlessly, especially on wedding day. Meredith was laid back but organized which kept me calm throughout the planning process and wedding day. The food was good. You could customize your menu and they also offered to do specialty drinks. I鈥檇 recommend any bride to pick Village Beach Club for their wedding or even rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Village Beach Club 17
    Village Beach Club 18

Amanda 路 Married on 08/18/2018

Married August 25, 2018

My husband and I cannot express enough on how great everything was working with Meredith and the staff we kept our wedding small but this location could hold a lot more people the food was amazing everyone still to this day talks about how great the experience was everything turned out just the way we wanted and we could not have picked a better place!

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • W

Wendy 路 Married on 06/07/2018

Liz, Meredith, and the entire Village Beach Club staff were amazing. As the grooms parents, we hosted the rehearsal dinner and dessert reception for out of town guests. We wanted to have a seafood boil on the beach with dessert in the bar room. Liz and Meredith were very helpful in picking the menus for both and the food was outstanding! They made it very easy for us and handled all important details. Thank you Liz and Meredith!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Sharon 路 Married on 06/02/2018

We absolutely loved this venue from the first visit! The set up of the venue was exactly what we were looking for. Then after meeting Liz and Meredith it became very clear early on that we made the best choice for our wedding venue. Liz was immediately wonderful with giving us information and then Meredith became promptly involved with planning; contacting and corresponding with us through calls and emails. Meredith is a breath of fresh air. She is professional, pleasant, calm and organized. She is very responsive to her emails and always was ahead of the game. She shared her experiences, offered calm reassurance and resources and I truly valued her. Planning is orchestrated from the get go. The scheduled menu tasting event was very helpful early on in choosing our meal, the food was very good and we received many compliments from our guests. Meredith worked with us and the caterer to customize our meal. The rest of the staff was nothing short of awesome as well. The weather was sketchy for a storm for the evening but, we managed a beautiful sunshine beach wedding, dinner on the deck beneath a breathtaking sky. And as though planned; when the storm rolled in we went inside for the cake cutting; as the storm passed we were then able to go back out on the deck as planned. The staff handled the transition effortlessly. The bartender was pleasant and we had lots of compliments on our signature drink the OBX Crush. The rehearsal was instrumental and Meredith took charge of that as all else. I was able to drop my decorations off the rehearsal evening and felt totally confident in Meredith making it all happen and look as I planned and she did! No regrets of this choice of venues and I would highly recommend.

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Village Beach Club 19
    Village Beach Club 20
    Village Beach Club 21

Sarah 路 Married on 05/18/2018

The Village Beach Club was a wonderful venue to host our May wedding! Liz & Meredith were great to work with, and very accommodating & flexible throughout the planning process. Meredith was instrumental helping us the week of as the forecast called for lots of rain :/ she helped us work through it & recommended different options for us so we could still have the day of our dreams, which we so appreciated. We lucked out & the rain cleared just in time for our outdoor ceremony! She was great at keeping the event on schedule throughout the evening, we couldn't have done it without her. Thank you Meredith! Our guests loved the laid-back feel of the venue on the beach, and it was exactly what we envisioned for our special day.

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Village Beach Club 22

Amber 路 Married on 04/21/2018

The bar was great, the food was great, the staff was helpful, the venue itself was beautiful. Would recommend to anyone looking.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Tiffany 路 Married on 12/17/2017

The village beach club was absolutely perfect for our big day! The staff was wonderful and we truly enjoyed working with Meredith! The food was delicious and they were able to work with all dietary restrictions our guests had. We had a blast!

Sent on 05/08/2018
    Village Beach Club 23

Alyssa 路 Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I had our wedding of about 70 guests at the Village Beach Club on October 28th, 2017. I truly cannot say enough about the entire Village Beach Club staff, especially Meredith and Liz. They were both super responsive to all of my questions, more than willing to help, attentive, and such a calming pair to work with. They even went above and beyond by providing extra table napkins for our dinner tables! Meredith made the entire day as stress free as possible and had everything set up and under control by the time our wedding party and guests arrived. We cannot thank you guys enough for making our day so special :)

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Village Beach Club 24
  • Marissa

Marissa 路 Married on 06/23/2017

We had our Welcome Cocktail Party of 60 people at the Village Beach Club. Liz was super responsive and on stop of everything, during the planning and the day of the event. The staff was amazing and the night of our event and we wouldn't have been happier.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Heather 路 Married on 06/03/2017

I can't say enough about Liz and the rest of the team at the Village Beach Club! They were helpful and accommodating from the first stages of planning until the end of the reception. I felt so relaxed knowing that they had everything handled. I dropped off all of my decorations and things the night before and they had everything set up exactly how i wanted it and it was beautiful! The food was delicious and my guests raved about it. The bar was well stocked (we had cash bar for liquor, consumption canned beer and prepurchased wine and a small keg of specialty beer). The pool deck was perfect for the summer night of dancing, by the end a few people even ended up in the pool. The staff worked very hard to make everything go smoothly and even adjusted timelines as needed. I can't say enough how much i loved loved loved my wedding at this venue!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Cassie 路 Married on 11/11/2016

Our wedding at Village Beach Club was amazing! We worked with Liz and she made everything so easy!!!!! We brought our stuff to her the night before the wedding and she took care of all decorations. She even took the table numbers home to hot glue for me, which I thought was going above and beyond! I showed her how to set up the tables and told her to use her best judgement on everything else. She even pulled some decorations out of storage that they had to enhance what I had brought. When I walked in and saw what she had done, I could hardly contain my excitement!!! Liz and her team are awesome and know what they're doing!
    Before the ceremony, we had a total meltdown because the cupcakes hadn't arrived and the lady wasn't answering her phone. Liz called around to places and arranged for new cupcakes and was even going to send a staff member to get them, but it ended up we didn't need them. She kept me as calm as possible and assured that we would have something.
    The food at the reception was really good and the staff was so friendly. Everyone in attendance at my wedding had a great time and overall, I could not have imagined having my wedding anywhere else!!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Alex 路 Married on 09/24/2016

I can not give the Village Beach Club enough stars!! My coordinator, Liz was absolutely wonderful when it came to planning my big day! I tend to stress... a lot and she was there every step of the way! I showed her how I wanted the center pieces to look and how to decorate the tables and she did an amazing job! She and the staff set everything up for me the day of and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was delicious, the bar and wait staff was professional and helpful. Did I mention the venue and how beautiful it is!! The timing for the 5:30 ceremony had the perfect light and the beach was clean and set up perfect! I was able to enjoy my wedding with my husband and they took care of everything. No one was ever pushy on prices or changes and I felt as though they really wanted my day to be a perfect as it could be! If you are looking for the perfect Beach wedding venue look no further then the Village Beach Club!!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Amanda 路 Married on 09/17/2016

We were looking for a private beach setting without the crazy expensive private beach cost. This was the perfect location. They set up everything on the beach for you, insured that there were no onlookers in the back of your wedding, and cleaned the beach up great. The day of planner is a HUGE help for all of you brides to be, Liz helped so so much on our big day and the entire process was made easy with her every step of the way. She made sure everything ran smoothly, she sat everything up exactly how I had asked and everything turned out great! We loved this venue, and all of our guests kept telling us how beautiful it was and how relaxed the ceremony was.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Diana 路 Married on 05/07/2016

Our daughter and her now husband's wedding was this past Saturday, May 7, 2016. Everything turned out perfect! It was so nice having it all at the same place. And, it was all ours. Such a pretty venue! The food was excellent! And the staff was great too! We worked with Liz and she was terrific to work with. Probably the calmest person I ever met. Just what you need when you are the mother of the bride. We would all highly recommend the Village Beach Club for a wedding.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Nicole 路 Married on 05/06/2016

This review is long overdue, we had our wedding ceremony and reception at Village Beach Club last year on May 6th and couldn鈥檛 have been happier! My husband and I can鈥檛 say enough about how amazing Liz and her team were at VBC throughout the entire planning process to the day of our wedding. We live in Northern Virginia and made several trips down the year prior but, it鈥檚 still hard planning a wedding from afar. We had absolutely nothing to worry about though! Anytime we had a question or idea and asked 鈥淐an we鈥?鈥 the answer was always 鈥淵es鈥. They are more than accommodating to every wish/idea you have for your wedding day and responded to emails within a day! We customized our entire buffet from their menu (Pecan Encrusted Chicken, Broiled Crab Cakes, Vegetarian Pasta, Gouda Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, House & Caesar Salad) and all of our guests raved about how AMAZING the food was! We had our rehearsal the night before and dropped off all of our d茅cor for centerpieces, etc鈥 and Liz and her team set everything up for us AND packed it all back up after the reception for us to pick up the following morning鈥s far as I鈥檓 concerned that is above and beyond! The little details made all the difference for us鈥iz brought appetizers out to the beach for the wedding party while we did pictures after the ceremony because we would miss cocktail hour and she checked in with us throughout the night. I could go on and on about this venue鈥wo of our favorite things about this venue, and why we ended up choosing them, were the fact that you have the place all to yourselves (no uninvited pier fishermen 飦) and they can provide everything you need for your entire ceremony! If you are reading reviews to try and make your decision, don鈥檛 hesitate to book with VBC, they were amazing!!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Tammy 路 Married on 09/27/2014

Our daughter's OBX wedding was 9/27/14 and the weather was GORGEOUS, so we enjoyed ALL the event space the Village Beach Club has to offer! The beach ceremony, easily accessible from a wooden walkway and stairs, included chairs from the venue and a team to set them up according to your instructions. Our guests easily moved from the parking lot to the beach to enjoy the oceanfront ceremony - what a view and memorable experience!
    After the ceremony, our guests enjoyed a cocktail hour poolside and in the Oceanside room. The reception dinner was inside the clubhouse - our daughter and her husband had selected the Nags Header buffet, which was wonderful, and there was plenty for everyone.
    After dinner, guests stayed inside for conversations and also moved outside to the pool deck for celebrating and dancing all night. The evening ended with a bubble send off for the newlyweds!
    Ashley was fantastic to work with during the planning process and almost all of our correspondence was through e-mail, as we reside in Ohio. She answered our countless questions with detailed responses and made this very easy for us. Abbey was our on-site coordinate for the wedding day itself. We met with her the day before the wedding to walk through all the details and set-up and she took great notes to ensure nothing was missed. I did have several friends who arrived early at the Village Beach Club to assist Abbey and team with final set-up, which was great, as everything was then ready to go when it was time for the ceremony to begin and nothing was needed to transition to the cocktail and reception celebrations.
    If you're looking for a venue that offers the same place for ceremony AND reception, this one rocks - we were fortunate to have awesome weather to enjoy it all and Abbey and team, along with our vendors, made the whole evening perfect!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Kayleigh 路 Married on 09/21/2013

We had our evening wedding ceremony on the beach outside the club and the reception inside. It was the perfect size for the number of guests we had. Because we had a smaller wedding, the space was made intimate and we enjoyed every minute of it. Dinner was excellent, anything we needed was provided. I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Geoffrey 路 Married on 07/06/2013

Where to begin... Ashley Earnhart is an amazing coordinator to work with and we were blessed to have her help us with our wedding! She helped make our night amazing and we could not be happier! She communicated with us for months via emails, phone calls and in-person conversations. She was honest in what she could do and what she could not do (but found a way to make something else work in place!) Thank you so much Ashley to you and your team for helping to make our wedding the best night of our lives!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Ann 路 Married on 07/16/2011

Mary, Ina, and their crew are absolutely amazing!! I could not have chosen anyone better to work with or better place to have our reception at. They are super responsive to all of the emails I sent to coordinate our special day. They were excellent at communicating through out the entire process.
    They made last minute changes to our brownie bar, champagne toast, and dinner time along with making a special box with food for the bride and groom to take back to our suite. Very quick to our requests.
    I have received an abundant amount of compliments on our wedding venue and the staff.
    The food was also delicious. They have 2 top notch chefs that prepare their food and I am so glad I decided to have them provide the meal for us.
    I LOVED OUR RECEPTION!!

We recommend working with them!

Sent on 07/24/2011

Caitlin 路 Married on 07/27/2018

I can't say enough how amazing everyone at the Village Beach Club was! We had our ceremony on the beach, reception in the Reception Room inside, and music and dancing on the Oceanview Deck. Meredith and her staff were all amazing! My guests couldn't stop talking about crab cakes and how much fun they had. Meredith was always available to answer all of my questions and meet with me and my vendors. The Village Beach Club staff made the entire day easy and smooth!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Krissy 路 Married on 10/01/2016

One of the best decisions we made in regards to our wedding was booking the Village Beach Club as our venue. Liz was amazing! She helped us with everything we needed. We couldn't be happier with her. the beach was amazing and the day was gorgeous. Nothing went wrong. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Robin 路 Married on 10/18/2015

Choosing Village Beach Club as our venue was one of the first decisions we made, and one of the best decisions we made. Ashley was absolutely the best through the event planning process, and Liz was phenomenal as day-of coordinator. I felt totally at ease trusting them with the details of both our ceremony and reception; they definitely know what they are doing, and are very kind and knowledgeable, and answered any and all questions in a timely manner.

The food was magnificent, and the folks at the beach club sent home to-go plates of everything we had for the two of us to enjoy again later (the salmon pasta was amazing). The venue was the perfect size for our small wedding (~60) but can certainly accommodate more. The recent updates (new chairs, new interior paint) look fantastic and really Seemed to open up the reception room. I met with Liz the day before the wedding to drop off some of our decorations and accessories, and Liz had my form and was very familiar with everything I had brought. I felt so relieved after meeting with Liz, literally leaving the rest in her hands: all I needed to do from there was show up!

Our ceremony was held on the deck instead of the beach, and we just loved the way it was all set up. We originally had the reception planned for outside, but it ended up too cold and the folks at VBC made the transition inside seamless. We are so happy with our experience at Village Beach Club, and would highly recommend to anyone looking at getting married in Nags Head!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Jo 路 Married on 09/19/2014

We had a wonderful wedding. The setting is beautiful and the Staff is amazing! Taylor was our event host and she was just Perfect. We could not have asked for a better Ceremony & Reception Location!!!

Sent on 09/23/2014