Villa Punto de Vista Reviews

95 | Manuel Antonio, CR

95 Reviews for Villa Punto de Vista

Megan · Married on 06/01/2013

Loved it!!! I knew this place would be amazing, simply based on the gorgeous photos, the excellent service working with David and his pre-arrival concierge, Raul… but wow! It was remarkable.

We arrived and were greeted by Oliver and staff with tropical juice cocktails. Then given a tour to see with our own eyes just how cool and luxurious every guestroom was. Then every moment from then on was just plain awesome.

Every morning I woke up early to a dreamy view of the Pacific, then grabbed a tea with freshly heated water ready from the breakfast staff, sat on my balcony watching monkeys go by, then trotted down to the beach for a run, or up to the roof deck for tranquil yoga. And that’s all before even arriving at breakfast with 20 of my friends and family and a deliciously cooked breakfast waiting.

Best of all, the villa was a perfect place for my wedding. It was so well-suited for the whole event, and I couldn’t be happier about having it here. We were able to have the ceremony on the top deck, dinner on the fourth floor, and dancing in the ballroom. I was thrilled that we had more flexibility than if our wedding was at a hotel or other venue. For example, we had our own drinks to pour at the bar after the bartender left, a sound system to play tunes after the DJ left, and a pool to jump into without a closing time. This all added to making our wedding so fun, memorable, and simply perfect.

Other added perks - the resident sloth was oh so cute. We had four toddlers stay with us, and it was all very kid-friendly, and did I mention how great the staff were? They kept the place spotless, I’m still dreaming about the tasty breakfasts, we were given excellent tips on places to visit and help with arrangements. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Robyn · Married on 05/18/2013

I just came home from staying at this wonderful, beautiful villa. It was, in a word, perfect. It is treated as if it is your house. Breakfast is included, and other than that you're essentially on your own for food. If you want to cook? Great. They have a fully equipped gourmet kitchen. If you want to go out? Great. The property managers will recommend a restaurant with a name to ask for when you get there, as well as call you a taxi.

We arrived too early and were welcomed without a problem with passion fruit smoothies. Oli, the property manager, made sure we had EVERYTHING we needed during the day. At night, the same was true for Josue, the night manager. The staff bent over backwards for us. Breakfast is included and is delicious. The rooms are outrageous. Beautiful does not describe them. Everything is so nicely appointed, and the beds are super comfortable.

We were there for my sister in law's wedding. There were a few hitches with the wedding planner. Please know that the hotel staff made sure that everything was done. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND the call of duty, and to be honest it was one of the nicest weddings I have ever been to.

I would NOT HESITATE to stay here again if given the chance. I seriously hope I get that chance. Thank you to everyone at this unique, fantastic villa.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Jodi · Married on 05/11/2013

Words cannot express how amazing the Punto de Vista Villa is. We were married at the incredible and picturesque villa on May 11th, 2013. We found the villa online and can truly say the website, though beautiful, does not due the villa, the location, and the views justice. David, the owner, was so helpful and friendly thru the whole process. He helped us find a chef for a welcome dinner, a wedding planner, photographer, and so much more. He even treated us to an amazing couples massage the morning after our wedding. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We were greeted with fresh juice cocktails and given a tour by the concierge Olivier. All of the rooms are beautiful with breathtaking views, whether it is of the pacific or the rainforest. Every morning the chef prepared a traditional, local breakfast for everyone, while we dined on the fourth floor overlooking the pacific. After breakfast we would take the short walk down the hill to a virtually private and amazing beach, or if we wanted Olivier would happily drive us wherever we wanted to go. In the afternoon, we were served homemade guacamole and cocktails, while relaxing poolside. Our wedding day was truly amazing. We spent the morning relaxing poolside, while the villa was being set up for the day’s festivities. We chose to get married on the fifth floor of the villa, with a panoramic view of the pacific. It could not have been a better backdrop for our ceremony. We then enjoyed cocktails on the main floor, dinner on the roof, and dancing the night away on the main floor. We could not have envisioned a more perfect wedding day. From the moment we arrived to the time we left, our stay at Punto de Vista was truly unbelievable. Staying at Punto de Vista is like renting your own boutique hotel. Your every need will be taken care of and the staff goes above and beyond to make your stay memorable. We cannot wait to go back.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Anokhi · Married on 04/05/2013

I have no idea were to begin this review. Punto de Vista is like a complete dream, but to have your wedding here is just a fairytale. My wedding was a fairytale. The staff, amenities, people, food, and villa was picturesque. David, the owner and architect, went above and beyond for me and it truly showed. The staff at the villa was something else. Oliver and Jossue went great lengths to make sure my family and friends were welcomed. Ironically, we are back in the states and they still cannot stop saying how much they miss them! The service everyone received was superb. If someone requested anything they made sure we received it. For example, we were able to have a yoga class at 6 AM on the roof deck! How amazing is that?! The house staff including the morning cook were SO sweet. My brother was going to eat leftover breakfast and she refused for him to! She then cooked an entirely new plate for him. There was no reason to do this, but that is how our entire stay was like. Everyone did everything they could for us. Desiree cooked all of our wedding meals and my god she is just so fabulous. Everyone is still raving about each and every meal. Indian weddings are all about the food. If there is bad food then it's a bad wedding. The fact that everyone is trying to figure out to cook some of her meals makes me still smile. The home was filled with such up to date technology. Each and every room had an iPad and my favorite amenity was airplay. We could play pandora from our phones and it would play any where in the house including the pool area! David has done such a wonderful job inside and out. The villa and staff will be something everyone will be talking about, forever. Thank you for giving me my fairytale wedding Punto de Vista!

Sent on 04/11/2013
  • User3200678 · 2+ years ago

Without a doubt this is the place you need to be in when in Costa Rica. The view is incredible, immediate access to the beach and add to this an incredible staff that treats you like you're own family and you have the ingredients for a once in a lifetime experience. This place is the standard to what every vacation destination should be compared to.

Sent on 04/16/2013

I don't even know where to begin. I visited Punto de Vista for my best friend's wedding. From the moment we arrived at Punto de Vista, we had the best service, both professional and friendly. The rooms were beautiful and had such a beautiful view of the beach. The staff was willing to help us whenever we needed anything and effortlessly made us feel at home. The food was incredible. Manuel Antonio is such a peaceful place and staying at Punto de Vista was like a dream, so serene and memorable. From the pool on the bottom floor to the hammocks and jacuzzi on the rooftop, the entire place is gorgeous. David, the architect, himself is so humble and attended my best friend's reception. I hope to visit again soon, and it is definitely a place I plan to visit again.

Sent on 05/02/2013

ajul · Married on 04/01/2013

There are honestly not enough words to describe how wonderful Villa Punto de Vista is. I attended a destination wedding at this lovely resort and could not have been more impressed by every facet of it. The Villa is beautiful, with state of the art, modern rooms overlooking the ocean, a gorgeous pool on the ground floor and a jacuzzi on the top floor resting at the tip of the villa. The service is impeccable - Oliver is gracious, funny, and truly seemed to care about the guests well being and happiness. The same can be said for Josue. The food was wonderful, served on the 4th floor at a giant table that again overlooks the ocean. My sister's wedding was magical, and there was honestly no better place that it could have been at. David, you have done something incredible here - I hope you create another Villa in another country for us to visit!

Sent on 04/22/2013

cristina · event on: 03/05/2013

Villa Punto de Vista e work of art in the rain forest of Manuel Antonio. The project, and labor of love, of visionary architect owner, David Konwiser. This magnificent retreat is a must on everyone’s travel list. The villa is 6 stories with floor to ceiling glass giving guests the feeling of sleeping in a luxurious “tree house”. Eco friendly and completely equipped with all the luxuries, it is a place that you won’t want to leave. In addition, David is a consummate host and is sure to take care of even the most unusual requests. For my visit he arranged a dinner for 8 prepared by a private chef … fabulous! As a hospitality industry professional, I HIGHLY recommend Villa Punto de Vista. As a traveler, I can’t wait to go back!

Sent on 03/17/2013

Punto De Vista (PDV) is an experience of a lifetime. Upon first sight of the villa, we absolutely knew we had to have our destination wedding here. We were blown away with the strikingly contemporary property that incorporated all the elements of the surrounding nature (rainforest and beach) within the villa. Being in the rainforest and having a world-class, white sand beach at the bottom of the hill is not an easy thing to find in Costa Rica. It is truly the best of both worlds.

The layout was expertly designed so that you can share the communal spaces with your friends and family (they will be in awe!), but still be able to retreat to your own private areas and truly feel like you are the only person there.

If you are looking for a generic beach/rainforest resort stay, this is definitely not the place for you; however, if you are looking for a retreat with features and amenities that rival the finest hotel properties in the world, then this is your place.

The architecture, rooms, hospitality, staff, food, amenities, and location are simply perfect.

Sent on 03/23/2013

Carol · Married on 02/22/2013

My son was married here last month and our family & friends could not have chosen a better place.
    The villa was beautiful with absolutely stunning architecture. There was simply so much attention given to every detail. Every room had a lovely vista and although the rooms were both beautiful and extremely comfortable, you will want to spend the majority of your time here outdoors. The large lobby area opens to the pool so guest can spend their time together either in and around the pool area or shaded by the large open lobby. This is a most welcome area to spend the afternoons after mornings on the beach.
    My son was married on the 5th foor open deck at sundown. The view was incredible and the wedding pictures are just perfect.
    I must mention the staff here. They became more like family members by weeks end. They were totally unobtrusive but somehow always there if you needed anything. It was truly a sad moment to say goodbye. I would give Punto de Vista a hundred stars if ratings allowed. I can promise you that you will not find a better, more beautiful or more comfortable location for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Judy · Married on 11/03/2012

We spent 5 fabulous nights in November at Punto de Vista with 25 of our closest friends and family. Our stay was absolutely magical and just everything we could have hoped. The service was beyond exceptional, and even before we thought we needed something, it appeared.

The weather was incredible - yes, even in the green season! And the views were spectacular.

I can't even believe how incredible our stay was! Everyone couldn't stop taking about the design, architecture and service. We feel so blessed to have been able to celebrate 5 days there, and really truly hope to come back to celebrate again and again.

Judy and Kyle Edwards, Canada

Sent on 11/18/2012

michelle · Married on 10/26/2012

Our wedding was over the top beautiful! Punto De Vista is truly indescribable. The architecture, views, and decor is so gorgeous, people are truly speechless when they arrive. It rained EVERY day up until my wedding day. Punto de Vista's owner David and his staff went through every measure to make sure we (the Bride and Groom) where taken care of! They were prepared to do the wedding ceremony at the house though it was scheduled on the beach. Luckily the sun came out! The reception was so gorgeous on Punto De Vista's rooftop at night, with the romantic lights, it is unforgettable. Punto De Vista accommodated our chef, wedding coordinator, cake maker, etc. We had a live carnival people! I mean, how amazing is that! The staff at Punto De Vista never told me no. They were willing to find a way to make it work no matter what it was. Honest staff, great team, beautiful villa that is literally out of a dream! I am so happy the way everything turned out! I wish it didn't have to end. I hold a high bar, and Punto De Vista truly exceeded my expectations. If you want top of the line service & professionalism, true plushness and sophistication, this is the place for you!

What I enjoyed the most aside from the day of my wedding is how easy it was to connect with Punto De Vista. David the owner provided me with some great vendors as options (though I could have picked my own). He and his staff made our wedding week/day so much easier by being prepared. They truly partnered up with me months in advance to my wedding. As for my additional vendors, they were all excited when I told them we were getting married at Punto De Vista. They all raved about it! We couldn't be more happier!

The luckiest bride and Groom Michelle & Marcus (Seattle, WA)

Sent on 11/13/2012

Elle · Married on 09/14/2012

Honestly, Punto de Vista took my breath away! I literally starting squealing as soon as I caught a glimpse of the villa while driving down the hill, and bolted off the bus the moment it stopped. I immediately started crying because I was so overwhelmed, and realized immediately that the villa had exceeded all of my expectations. In all of my travels, I have never seen anything more spectacular.

The design for Punto de Vista is in my opinion so successful, because despite the villa's beauty and presence, it does not take away from the incredible surroundings. The villa fits the landscape wonderfully, and allows the user to truly appreciate the setting. The views of both the ocean and the lush vegetation are incredible, and I love that in each room of the house, there is a different view.

Waking up every morning to the sun rising over the ocean was unbelievable. I struggle to even get up with an alarm at home, but was up by 5:30am by choice each day. Wedding morning I woke up before 5am, and just sat on my balcony alone taking it all in. Even on the big day, with all of my emotions running high, the villa gave me a sense of peace. How could I possibly be stressed while listening to the monkeys playing and looking at that view?! While having my hair and make-up done I was also able to look out at the view. It honestly felt too good to be true.

I wish I could better describe just how special the villa was for us, but honestly words cannot do it justice. I now realize that the photos of the villa that initially took my breath away do not even begin do it justice. I believe that Punto de Vista's beauty cannot be captured, but rather can only be experienced first hand.

Aside from the incredible architecture and surroundings, the staff was absolutely incredible! From the moment we arrived, they were welcoming and friendly. All of the staff was so kind and so upbeat throughout the entire stay.

Punto de Vista has truly stolen a piece of my heart!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Crystal · Married on 07/04/2012

We recently celebrated our Fourth of July wedding at PDV. What we didn’t know was that PDV would offer our guests a therapeutic experience because of its serene atmosphere and warm and inviting calmness that it could bring over everyone. But let us not forget about how much of an awesome time everyone had for the entire week. We have 40 guests from ages 7-60s and they all thoroughly enjoyed themselves with the activities that are offered in Manuel Antonio and the lovely setting and services provided at the headquarters, PDV.

Oliver and the rest of the PDV family provided excellent care for our guests. They were like family, not overly attentive but very accommodating. We wanted to be as kind to them as they were to us. The food was fabulous, bedding and suites were magnificent with pool, Jacuzzi and lounge areas so soothing. This place had it all. What more could you ask for except to have your own PDV.

This place brought everyone such a peace of mind. PDV and Manuel Antonio proved to be a blessing from waking every morning to breathtaking views to sleeping peacefully every night to relive it again the next day.

Staying at PDV is a must if you visit Costa Rica. It's the talk of the town and no one will believe you when you tell them because it's such a dreamy destination.

Mike and Crys

Sent on 09/12/2012

Allen · Married on 02/18/2012

Getting Married at Punto de Vista is one of those experiences that will always make me look back and smile. I'm not even sure where to begin. The villa itself was absolutely amazing - but that's almost expected based on the pictures (which still don't fully do it justice). It has that "I own the world” kind of feel to it because it's so over the top.

Apart from pure aesthetics though, I'd say that the one thing that really set this villa apart was the service. The last thing you want to do on your wedding week is stress out, but planning a costa rican wedding from the US is incredibly difficult, even with a wedding planner. For instance, I found out a week before the wedding that they wanted to move the site because they didn't realize that the state of the road from the villa to the beach was bad at that time. Imagine hearing that a week before your wedding (you wanted a beach wedding? Oh...we have to scrap that..pura vida). Luckily, this is where Oliver (Villa Butler) stepped in. He was so completely connected to all the local services and people in the area that he helped us problem solve our way out of this thing by calling up guys to help setup the wedding site, cabs to shuttle guests etc etc so that the wedding would go off without a hitch.

It was more than just wedding details though. Anytime we wanted anything, they would just make it happen. We wanted to go on excursions? No problem. Order Pizza at near midnight? No Problem. Needed emergency paramedics on my wedding night for a guest? No problem (true story). Planning anything in a foreign country is really tough when you don't speak the language and don't know what to do, but we didn't sweat that at all because Oliver literally took care of all of it for us. This villa blows away anything I have ever come across at luxury hotels or rental properties of any kind - it is a truly unique experience that I don't think any of our guests are going to forget.

Sent on 07/24/2012
  • User6634805 · event on: 04/12/2016

We stayed with a group of friends and everything was perfect. The staff was wonderful and catered to our every need and wish, all we had to do was ask. I could get used to living like that! The house was extremely clean and well kept, the breakfast was wonderful. Our rooms where spacious and so very clean with amazing views from each room. The softest sheets on the beds I've ever slept on!

We loved the beach. The staff drove us down to the beach (even though you could walk) and set up chairs, towels and a cooler. Everything was taken care of for us! Would definitely recommend and stay there again. And yes we had some monkey visitors!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Thank you too everyone on staff at Punto de Vista for all the help making our wedding experience wonderful. We loved our time at Punto de Vista. In fact it ruined us! Everywhere we went wasn't nearly as nice as what we were accustomed to. We should have honeymooned before the wedding. We visited Manuel Antonio last summer to scope out the location for our destination wedding. After touring many of the large resorts/hotels in the area we were lucky enough to get to tour Punto de Vista. Once we saw the villa none of the other venues seemed like they would be nearly as wonderful. Once staying there we knew we made the right decision.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Cherry · Married on 09/14/2012

I want to let you know how much we all enjoyed the villa – it most certainly exceeded all our expectations.
    When we arrived, Elle our daughter who was getting married at the villa, ran on in ahead and we waited for her to come out. My heart sank when she reappeared crying until I realized that she was crying with joy! This really set the tone for our stay.
    It is a fabulous location for a wedding and the staff worked seamlessly with us and vendors that we used for flowers etc;

The villa itself was absolutely beautiful and extremely comfortable (the bed linens are amazing). I am not normally an early riser, but I was up at daylight everyday sitting on the balcony listening to the sounds and just looking out over the breath taking view – who could ask for more? If it wasn’t for the delicious breakfast upstairs, I might have stayed there all day!

The staff were wonderful –all of them, and are a great asset to the villa. Josue (not sure if that is the correct spelling) even brought us lots of fresh rambutans from his garden when he heard how much we liked them.
    Everyone was extremely friendly and went above and beyond to make sure all our needs were met. Nothing was too much trouble and I cannot say enough good words about Oliver.

We are definitely planning on returning – hopefully not too far in the distant future.

Thank you again for everything and tirelessly answering our many questions throughout the process.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Meghan · Married on 07/02/2016

We stayed at Punto de Vista for a week (wednesday to wednesday) and had our wedding Saturday July 2nd. Although we had a wedding planner that coordinated everything on the day of, the staff there was hands down available to help out in any way to ensure we had an amazing time, not only at the wedding, but throughout the entire stay. Luxury at its finest in one of the most beautiful settings!

Sent on 07/17/2016

3.5

Though we are busy, whenever we do have a free moment we are still delighting in remembering all the many wonderful moments from our wedding event! In fact, we and all our guests wanted to take a few moments to highlight just a few that made Punto de Vista so special to us:

First and foremost were the accommodations, from pool to roof, the villa was full of details and beauty that captured the imagination and nurture the soul.

The service staff was engaging, friendly, available and informed. Olivier and Israel were particularly appreciated. Olivier with his patience, knowledge of the area, and always present gentle and calm approach. Israel with his congeniality, devotion to the Villa, and wealth of knowledge of the flora and fona.

Breakfast was enjoyed by all and a delightful way to start every day. In particular the fresh fruit juices and the fresh Costa Rican food, beans and rice, were heavenly.

We felt like we were one with nature, and yet technology was subtly available for those that wanted to remain connected, or just enjoy the surround sound system.

The special touch of the architect/owner of the villa personally meeting us upon arrival was much appreciated and seeing the villa through his eyes made for great conversation by all...

Tara and Matt