Villa Punto de Vista Reviews

95 | Manuel Antonio, CR

95 Reviews for Villa Punto de Vista

“Perfect place for a Wedding”
    I recently had the opportunity of staying at Punto de Vista -- it can easily be summed up as an amazing place with an amazing staff!
    Working with David on the initial reservation process was very pleasant and pain free. He was very accommodating to our needs for the trip. David then put me in contact with Raul who then helped plan all of the details for the trip from our meals, spa treatments, transportation and excursions. I cannot stress how wonderful it was to have such help in planning every detail of the trip prior to our arrival.
    I read before going that the pictures do not do the place justice and I agree with those comments 100%! There is not a bad suite in the entire place - each and every room has its own distinct character and charm...all with amazing views of either the ocean or rainforest. There were so many places where we would end up gathering for great conversation, games and some quiet time. No detail was missed in designing this villa.
    The technology available in the villa was also top notch - from the iPads in each room to stream in music to the media room with the Apple computer, large screen TV, the mini iPads in the common areas to control music in each area to the very reliable Wifi.
    I will save the best for last - the staff! Oliver and the staff at the villa take care of any and every need you have … plus some! They have thought of every detail. The moment we arrived, they were standing out waiting on us with drinks and when we drove out of the gate they were lined up waving goodbye to us. We felt like royalty the entire stay, but we also left feeling like family. The food was amazing as well - from Yessenia who prepared our fabulous breakfast each day to Chef Guido who prepared lunches and dinners for us, we enjoyed it all!
    Much thanks to David and his staff for an unforgettable stay. None of us wanted to leave and we are ready to go back!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Adam · Married on 05/24/2015

My wife and I got married at PDV last month. It was hands down the most incredible weekend/luxury travel experience of our lives... and that's saying a lot. I grew up in the travel industry, as a travel agent directing high-end teen tours for my family company since I was 18 years old, and throughout my life, I have been fortunate to stay in some of the most luxurious hotels around the world. When searching for our wedding venue, my wife and I were set on a destination wedding. We took a trip out to Manuel Antonio, CR in April 2014, having heard wonderful things about the beautiful rain forest beaches, biodiversity, and the peaceful, eco-friendly disposition of the Ticos. We fell in love with the country, and then our wedding planner showed us PDV and our dream destination wedding was complete. We knew PDV was special when we first toured it. The unique and beautifully-crafted architecture, individually themed by room, and the magnificent ocean and rain forest views all set in the jungle with monkeys and sloths in the trees above... it was the ultimate ultra-luxury experience with a unique, intimate connection to the natural world. As soon as we saw PDV, we envisioned the wedding weekend of our dreams... and then it came true.

I can't say enough about our time at PDV. We brought our closest friends and family together for a 4-day party and communal bonding experience unlike any I have ever experienced. David is wonderful and Ollie and the staff were awesome. If we needed anything, they were there, and they became part of our family for the weekend. We had our wedding ceremony, dinner, and reception all at the Villa. It was so special and so intimate that our friends told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. All of our guests had the time of their lives (parents included) and we are already talking to our friends about a reunion trip in a few years. Thank you David, Ollie, & PDV for our dream wedding and the experience of a lifetime!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Annie · Married on 05/24/2015

I was fortunate enough to have my wedding in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, and even more extremely fortunate to have it at PDV. I never imagined I would get to have an adventurous beach/jungle wedding, yet get to be in such luxury and tranquility at the same time. PDV allowed me and my guests to feel like we were set directly in nature with the most fabulous connection to beach and jungle, yet get to feel so comfortable, pampered and taken care of by the fabulous staff and amazing accommodations. PDV has it ALL and allows for ANY type of fun, peace, relaxation, partying, natural connection, and more. The best things about it are the views, the luxurious rooms and architecture, the nearby access to beach and jungle, the FABULOUS daily breakfasts, the amazingly nice and helpful staff and the true feeling of happiness and relaxation while you're there! I couldn't have imagined anything more for my wedding and I would 1000% recommend it to anyone wanting to get married or take a family or friend group vacation in Costa Rica! We are absolutely planning to go back in a few years for a reunion trip (and I wish we could go back right now!!!)

Sent on 08/03/2015

Sara · Married on 05/06/2015

This villa is even more amazing than it looks (hard to imagine I know!). The attention to detail, thoughtful extras and amazing staff made for an experience that will be hard to top! It literally exceeded our expectations on every level. I am in the wedding industry (been planning weddings for over 10 years!) And was the most amazing place for a wedding reception that I could ever dream of! So beyond pleased :)

Sent on 05/23/2015

Camille · Married on 05/01/2015

I located this place through searching the internet and what came out of it was more than I could have ever imagined! Pictures do not do justice to the amazing architecture and design of this lovely villa. The detail of the villa is everything!! It was such a beautiful location surrounded by such beautiful people especially the staff. Perhaps my favorite part of the stay was the staff who made it so much more enjoyable. This is truly a home away from home. Rosita in particular won the hearts of the 30+ guests that joined for the events at this location. Spectacular views, amazing food, and wonderful people... what more could you ask for?!? Punto de Vista will hold a very special place and has created so many unforgettable memories! Close location to the beach and many other excursions... the attention to detail in both the design of the villa as well as to the guests that stay here is something out of this world. Thank you for the best experience and we hope to visit you again in the near future. We love our Punto de Vista family!! David made what could have been a wedding nightmare into a seamless process. My wedding was like a dream and my wedding planner Chelsea Brandau from weddingscostarica was truly heaven sent! I could have not chosen a more spectacular location to experience one of the best day of my life! What made this special event even more memorable was truly the support I had from Chelsea, David, Oliver, Desiree and all of the staff at Punto de Vista... We will be forever cherish the time we shared with everyone during our stay!!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Crystal · Married on 02/21/2015

Words can not describe the beauty that is Punto de vista. From the moment they open the huge gates to the private villa you know you are in for a treat. My husband and I rented this villa for our wedding and hosted a group of 19. Communication with the owner David was flawless and he answered all of my hundreds of questions I sent his way.

We booked the villa site unseen and trusted in the photos and other reviews. I can 100% say that the pictures do not fully capture all that Punto de vista has to offer. My guest walked in and some were literally in tears as the place was more than we could imagine.

The views were something I've never seen before and my husband and I travel quite often. The villa was big enough to where we didn't feel on top of each other and still had our own space. Each room is spectacular and has either a view of the pool, ocean or forest. Monkeys came by to greet us every morning as we enjoyed the delicious Costa Rican coffee that I feel in love with. While the place is amazing and something out of this world the highlight of the villa is the staff.

I can honestly say that I grew to feel like they were extended family. They were there for our every need 24/7. The villa butlers Jorsee and Oliver made sure we had an amazing stay along with all of the other staff from security to housekeeping to the cooking staff.

This place surpasses excellence! Thanks punto de vista for giving me the best wedding weekend of my life!

Love the new Mrs Graham

Sent on 03/05/2015

Christel · Married on 01/18/2015

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of being a guest at the gorgeous Punto de Vista Villa in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. A guest among 20 well traveled individuals in town to attend the wedding of our dear friends, Vanessa and Darryl Grant, we were the lucky group to have the added bonus of staying in the villa.

I cannot say it any simpler but the Villa and it's staff took our breath away.

The view alone is ridiculously gorgeous. The kind that makes you turn to the person next to you and ask "Is this real life?!" From every room on the estate is a breathtaking view of the Manuel Antonio Beach or the lush jungle that surrounds. Seriously. It's paradise.

The architecture and design detail throughout the villa is truly an artistic story. David did an exceptional job creating a harmonious flow accented by chic details.

I will say that having a PRIVATE luxury villa at only your group's disposal 24/7 was a life changing experience, nothing less.

The icing on the cake was the impeccable service. I've stayed in several beautiful hotels around the world but never had a 24 hour butler service before. Boy can I get used to being spoiled like that! Olivier and Jossue were not only helpful but FUN as well! They both showed us what hospitality means. From an on-call 4x4 ride straight to the beach, complete with boogie boards and a stocked cooler. To late night bartending and snacks while we lounged in the pool.

The cater to you service was what defined our stay as luxurious.

Then there was THE WEDDING. I don't know how they did it but they fit about 70 guests for the ceremony and dinner without feeling cramped at all! They complimented the touching ceremony with a seamless transition to cocktails to dinner to dancing!

This villa was truly a luxurious and unique experience that will make staying at even 5 star hotels a difficult reality to go back to.

Sent on 02/11/2015
  • User4361126 · event on: 08/15/2014

The villa was truly breathtaking and I almost could not bring myself to leave, it was heartbreaking! We are so grateful for all the fine details that were taken care of for us and the amazing people that helped us make our vacation and party such a wonderful time. We feel truly fortunate to have been able to spend time at such an unbelievable place and I cannot wait to visit again in the future. Thank you all for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 08/30/2014
  • User4305371 · event on: 07/27/2014

First and foremost, I want to assure future guests that working with David Konwiser, Architect and Co-Founder, was trouble free and a pleasure. Everything at the Villa was as represented and more actually. Also all money transactions were handled with professional courtesy; indeed an all-round first class experience.
    At that point, Oliver, Josue and Yessenia (the breakfast chef) were all strangers, however when we left after a week, we all considered them friends.
    Oliver, Josue and Yessenia were all delightful and we much appreciated their gracious assistance and happy personalities. We were transported to and from the beach (actually a short walk) via the “mule” with chairs and umbrellas set up for us. After being at the beach for a while, it was wonderful to turn around and see Oliver coming with chips, guacamole and drinks, what a life. The villa arranged for Desiree Brassert to be our in-house chef for the week (at an additional cost). This was a real treat for us as we got to experience fabulous food, and the added benefit of no clean-up. Desiree certainly enhanced our dining experience, all without any of us leaving the house.
    At the villa infinity pool, roof top decks, etc. adults and children were thrilled to be in the jungle with the monkeys and sloths that call that area their home. We shared the week together but each person has their own individual memories to treasure of our time spent in the jungle area of Manual Antonio National Park and Villa Punto de Vista. Would we return again, absolutely!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Jay · Married on 06/20/2014

Spectacular setting, incredible service, and world-class accomodations. The staff was warm, friendly, and accomodating. We have stayed at many beautiful places around the world, and nothing tops Punta de Vista. More than just a great wedding and vacation, they gave us memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Sun · Married on 06/20/2014

I had my wedding at Punto de Vista. What can I say...it was one of the most (if not, THE) memorable and enjoyable weeks of my life. It was a little scary booking such an important event in a place (and country!) I have never visited before, but I am thrilled my husband and I selected this wonderful venue! From the gorgeous villa, to the incredible staff and mouth watering food, I could not have asked for anything more. The butlers, Oliver and Josue were complete pros and just the nicest guys. They tended to our every requests and were always seemed genuinely happy to help. The kitchen and grounds staff were wonderful too. Jessenia made the most delicious, mouth watering breakfasts. My god, those fried plantains were to die for! Jamie, a villa staff member and complete sweetheart, even lulled by then 7 month old baby to sleep on several occasions as we indulged in the amazing breakfast! By the end of the trip, I was fighting back tears saying goodbye to all of them. It's only been 3 months since our trip and my husband and I are already talking about going back! Give the villa a try...you will have NO regrets!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Melissa · Married on 06/12/2014

My daughter was married at Punto de Vista on June 12, 2014. This property goes beyond renting a spectacular house for an event. It was clearly designed to provide both maximum event space and maximum retreat space for the wedding guests. We never felt crowded; it was more like a small and intimate hotel whose staff quickly got to know the guests and began to anticipate each guests' individual needs.

Praticalities abound - state of the art electronics provide not only great sound system, but dance lighting and laser effects in the ballroom. A gourmet kitchen perfect for the chef on the wedding day was also utilized by the guests. Around every corner are little surprises - from the motion sensor lights that create beautiful mosaic entries to each suite and light up the stairs one floor at a time, to the art found in wall niches or hung throughout with graceful lighting that highlights each piece to maximize the enjoyment. Nothing is overdone, and everything emanates quality, graciousness and yet manages to keep it inviting and fun. Our guests ranged from 7 to 90 and everyone found the house incredible and perfect for the wedding week.
    The final piece that make this a perfect venue would be the staff - I can't say enough about how well they got to know us and our rhythm in a very short time. Jessenia was a highlight every morning in the kitchen with warm smiles and hugs for all. Josue was with us every evening and he made a point to go beyond impeccable service to be genuinely interested in those guests who wanted to talk - and to leave space for those who preferred solitude or the company of other guests. In summary (I know - finally!) Punto de Vista is perfection as a wedding venue but it is also so much more. I would also recommend this venue for a group vacation, a business retreat or a family reunion!

Sent on 07/03/2014

My new wife and I knew our wedding at Punto de Vista would be an amazing experience, but the villa and staff exceeded our very-high expectations in every way. Every detail of our stay was better than we could have anticipated. The villa is even more beautiful and comfortable than the pictures imply, built with incredible attention to detail and exceptional taste. The bedrooms are each unique and luxurious, with the most comfortable beds and sheets we’ve found anywhere (oh how we miss those sheets…) The location provides easy access to the beach and to lots of great restaurants and bars in Manuel Antonio, but the villa is literally in the jungle and feels completely private and secluded. The staff is professional and attentive while being incredibly warm and inviting—Oliver and Josue in particular felt like close friends by the end of our stay.

And as amazing as the villa would be for any vacation, it is even more well suited to a wedding or other group event. The villa’s multiple levels and unique public spaces give it the feel of several wedding venues in one—from our rooftop ceremony to a wild party downstairs, every space provided a unique and beautiful backdrop for our celebration. Our guests were blown away as were our highest expectations. This was better than our dream wedding. Punto de Vista is now truly our favorite place on earth. We cannot wait to come back.

Sent on 07/16/2014

If you care considering this villa I recommend that you book it immediately. Your event and guest experience will be absolutely top notch. The estate and the staff are a wonderful combination of delightful...we did not want to leave! The layout of the villa and the views it offers have to be experienced to really capture how wonderful they are. The pictures do not do this place justice. We had our wedding here and our guests were blown away..... If you are considering PDV, we absolutely recommend that you experience all of this for yourself. It was a dream of a location for a dream of a wedding!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 03/15/2014

I visited in April for a week for my friends wedding and recommend it to my brother as a possible location for his wedding and I wound up returning this August. Although my brother did not have a wedding (it was his bachelor/bachelorette party) it was just as ornate and fantastic as if we were having a wedding. It's a little off the beaten path from San Jose but more than worth the trip... The wedding was in high season and I experienced perfect weather and the bachelorette season was in low season and a bit rainy but I loved that experience as well. The villa is unbelievable, you will wind up pinching yourself throughout the entire stay bc you can't quite fathom the fact that this place exists and it's not just meant for A list celebrities! The villa staff is incredible - Oliver and Josue are the best! By the end of the first trip, I thought we were BFF although I'm sure they make all guests feel that way :-) The cooks for breakfast and dinner are AMAZING, you truly don't need to leave the villa unless you find an adventure you need to try! I am pretty sure I have to figure out my next visit soon, already going through withdrawal....

Sent on 08/29/2014

Lindley · Married on 02/08/2014

This villa exceeded ALL of my expectations. The pictures on the website are beautiful but definitely do not to it justice. We chose the villa for our destination wedding based on reviews and a recommendation from our wedding planner, and we are so happy we did. Each room was more beautiful and more extravagant then the next. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. They were always willing to offer their help whether it be making a batch of fresh sangria, recommending and making reservations at a local restaurant, or ensuring everyone was having a good time. The villa was the perfect place for entertaining. Our wedding guests were blown away, and I can not count the number of compliments I received about how amazing the wedding was. We have traveled to many tropical locations and stayed in great hotels, but Punto de Vista was by far the most fabulous, luxurious, and stunning place we have ever been. I would recommend the villa without hesitation for a wedding or just a great vacation.

Sent on 03/17/2014

Elliott · Married on 01/26/2014

Stunning and spectacular! After doing much research, we had the wonderful fortune of staying at Punto de Vista in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, as part of our wedding honeymoon. From the moment we pulled up to the gates, the view, property and experience was world-class and surpassed our expectations.

The views from every level via the floor to ceiling windows was postcard perfect. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and waking up to the sweeping views of the ocean and jungle were surreal.

Staff were amazing, right to the talented chefs. Speaking of food, the breakfast served fresh and hot was plentiful and was a nice blend of local and North American cuisine. Five stars, even the freshly cut fruit!

One of our favourite rooms was the fifth floor social room, complete with high-end hammocks, bar and triangle-shaped jacuzzi that overlooked Manuel Antonio. Much like the entire property, Apple Airplay is offered so you can stream your music and other digital content to get the party started, or share your videos or snaps.

When it comes to technology, it's as if you never left the city in terms of wireless connections and the tech found within the villa. For example, the villa features a high-tech thermostat called Nest, a smart home controllable thermostat from your smartphone or tablet. We didn't program Nest to our own devices, but loved the fact you could set your preferred temperature in the room and see approximately when the room will reach it.

Overall, we loved our experience at Punto de Vista. The property is the epitome of the word luxury and is one of Costa Rica's finest villas to rent with family and friends. We cannot wait for our next trip to Manuel Antonio and share the special villa found in the mountains overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

Sent on 03/27/2014

We hosted a wedding with our family from Canada and can not say enough about how incredible our time in Manuel Antonio, and at THE VILLA was! We had an incredible time and can't thank you and your amazing staff enough. We were in awe of the location, house and service we received all week - our family and friends will remember this trip forever!

Sent on 03/13/2014

Erin · Married on 08/31/2013

I can't even begin to describe how much we enjoyed our wedding at Punto de Vista. Everything was absolutely top notch and exceeded even our wildest expectations. The villa grounds are gorgeous, the villa itself is incredible, and the view is like nothing I could have imagined. The staff was also amazing - they all went above and beyond to make our wedding as memorable (and stress-free!) as possible. Even the resident monkeys and sloths were accomodating, making appearances throughout the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Eva · event on: 08/13/2013

Perched high above the turquoise waters of the pacific, Punto De Vista is like a modern, beautiful castle with all the amenities you can possibly think of. Unimaginably beautiful views from every room. So much attention to detail to make your stay comfortable. Like lights activated by motion sensors wherever you walk. Every corner, every room, so beautifully decorated. Wireless connection to stream music to any of the rooms. iPads in every bedroom. The Jacuzzi on the rooftop is a must, especially at the end of the day, as the sun is setting. Daily visits from the squirrel & white-faced monkeys & our beloved baby girl sloth-Linsey. Spectacular sunsets and sunrises, the villa is designed in such a way that nothing is distracting your view. The Staff: pre-arrival, we worked with Raul - who arranged our activities. We must have changed plans 20 times, yet when we arrived everything went as planned. Upon arrival we were greeted by Olivier & crew. The staff is at your side for anything you may need. They were so attentive that we started joking that it was like Downton Abbey. Olivier is a magician – he magically appears when you need something - Josue takes over in the evenings - both with big smiles! Our breakfast chef Jessenia made the most awesome breakfasts, fresh juice from various tropical fruits, what a delightful way to start your day! Our lunch/dinner chefs, Desiree & Guido created the most wonderful meals-every day something delicious. Activities: We organized a Latin dance lesson -a live band & 2 dance instructors on the rooftop - it was awesome. The beach is outstanding & a 5-minute walk. We organized a Spa Day on the rooftop - getting a massage & falling asleep under the lull of the rainforest - amazing! We took a mangrove tour & then rented a catamaran Tom Cat, we had an evening of karaoke & a movie night on the rooftop, dinner out one evening to Kapi Kapi - all wonderful. Thank you David for building this magnificent villa & for hiring such superb staff.

Sent on 09/08/2013

Tracy · Married on 07/26/2013

We had the most amazing wedding and stay at Punto De Vista. I had searched the globe (literally) for a unique wedding venue. My husband and I did not like the idea of the standard, over-priced and totally unoriginal wedding that one would host at a resort. I have never understood why so many people decide to do a ballroom wedding and after our wedding, I never will!

Our wedding at Punto De Vista was perfect. I wouldn’t change one thing about it. Our guests told us it was the best trip they have ever taken and that our wedding was the most special, intimate and incredible wedding they have ever been to.

Need I say more?
    I will always cherish the memories and incredible pictures/video of our special day.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Jennyfer · Married on 07/19/2013

I can't begin to describe how amazing our stay at the villa was! Oliver and the whole staff was amazing and so accommodating. We were all discussing actually going back! Def a great experience for everyone. The first day of everyone's travels was long but everyone said it was worth the wait! Again we can't stress how helpful/accommodating/friendly staff the villa has. They all went beyond what we all expected to make our stay as relaxing as possible.

The villa was an amazing venue for our wedding. The terrace provided breathtaking views during our ceremony. We had little to almost no decorations during the ceremony. (no need to put anything up with such an amazing view!).

All of our guests were amazed at the details the villa has.

Again, i would recommend PDV to everyone! My friend is actually looking into having her wedding there next year, just based off my experience & pictures. Truly a memorable stay!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Kristin · Married on 07/05/2013

We were married at Punto de Vista and let me tell you it was a DREAM COME TRUE!!!! The villa is absolutely perfect for an intimate, luxurious wedding. It was the most relaxing, amazing day of my life. Woke up and relaxed in the pool in the morning, had an afternoon ceremony on the rooftop over looking the beautiful Rainforest, took gorgeous pictures on the beach at sunset, then had a fabulous dinner with dancing in the ballroom. Where else can you have all of that all at one magical venue!!

The views were breath taking, the house was exquisite and it had absolutely everything you could ever want, need or wish for all on property!!! We felt right at home from the moment we arrived thanks to the fabulous staff, Oliver, Josue, Rosita.... We felt like we lived there and love them like family!!!

Thank you for letting us share in the Punto de Vista one of a kind experience we will never forget!! We hope to get enough people together to come back to celebrate our anniversary for many years to come!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Joshua · Married on 06/28/2013

We have been discussing constantly how amazing the trip was. We (the whole family included - mine and hers) could not have had a better time. This set the bar and will for a long time remain as all of our favourite weeks. Your staff was exceptional and everyone you all recommended was over the top. I want to first say thank you to the beautiful villa you have created that made it absolutely perfect for our immediate families. The rooms were spectacular and fit each of the groups of guests perfectly. Honestly...I am dumbfounded with how perfect it truly was. None of us have stayed at a place with that much attention to functionality and detail. I'm a "techy" guy and found your place to be pushing the envelope. I have not stayed in a place like that even in the USA with that much sound wiring and functionality. Your villa along with your staff surpassed all the expectations of my wife and family. I can't thank you all enough.

Sent on 07/28/2013
  • W

W · Married on 06/08/2013

This place is excellent, amazing, and lives up to the reviews. The property itself sits atop the most beautiful views of Manuel Antonio and is just a short walk to the beach. Each room is very detailed, meant to spark relaxation and comfort. Our stay included a Butler and his Staff (e.g. daily “Tico” style breakfast, housekeeping, maintenance, security). They made us feel right at home, were very responsive, and attentive to all of our needs. There is a very nice kitchen and grill, which can be used to prepare your own food if you decide not to eat out, order in, or request for chef services. There is also an elevator for access to all 5 floors. Every room has an Ipad. You can also use your Iphone and connect wirelessly to play music either in your own room or throughout the entire villa. If you have any questions ranging from visiting Quepos, grocery shopping, or even if you want Sangria to be made for you, the Butler/Staff can be very helpful! Also, if you’re interested in heading to the beach, you may borrow the villa’s beach towels, chairs, and boogie boards. The villa was constantly cleaned, rooms were made, and we never ran out of daily toiletries. We had 20 guests …ranging from their early 20’s to mid 70’s and they were all very well taken care of. All of them enjoyed their time at the villa. The staff also worked well with our Wedding Coordinator for our event…it went just as planned and on time! Everyone is STILL talking about this place. Thanks again to David and his wonderful team in making this such an awesome place for our Destination Wedding! We all want to come back!

Sent on 06/30/2013