84 Reviews for Villa Punto de Vista

Covered Outdoor (1)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Accommodations (1)
70 Villa Punto de Vista Reviews

Every inch of this home was thought out to give you that WOW factor! The location is amazing, with the best views in the Country! Every room has a special theme, and has its own private feel. There is not one bad room in this home! The 4th floor with the master suite and dining area is amazing. We would have breakfast each morning here and dinner as well. We could enjoy the ocean views and watch the monkeys play right outside our windows. The fifth floor has a corner Jacuzzi that over looks the ocean- stunning place for a break. The main floor has a wonderful area for everyone to visit and enjoy drinks, while swimming in the infinity pool and listening to music piped throughout the home. The staff makes this exquisite home absolutely top notch. They become your family and treat you as such. The connections the house manager has allowed for our huge group to choose different excursions, with each group feeling they had picked the ultimate excursion. I would highly recommend this get-a-way, for the comfort, the views, the culture, the people and the best time of your life!!! We will be back, PURA VIDA!

Profile Picture J, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an amazing experience at this place. Amazing accommodating staff, beautiful large rooms with phenomenal scenery. You felt one with nature with the wild animals and beautiful natural trees and plants in your backyard. The staff were so kind and made sure your stay was one you can never forget. Thank you team for making our Costa Rica experience even better than we could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Kab, 5/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Prior to having our wedding at Villa Punto de Vista, we weren't sure if it actually existed. The reviews and pictures were too good to be true. Luckily for us, it does exist and the pictures do not do it justice! We had our wedding of 65 people here and all of our guests were beyond satisfied with the Villa and its service. In addition to the wedding we had a spa day, welcome party and chef dinner. Each experience special in its own way. If you feel the need to venture out of the Villa, it is located near the most beautiful beach. We spent the day after our wedding recovering on the beach with pizza, delivered to us by the staff.

The architecture is like no other place I've seen. Each room is designed more beautifully than the next. But the most incredible part of the Villa is it's staff. From phonecalls with the owner prior to booking, to multiple conversations with the pre-arrival concierge and to finally spending the weekend with the staff who went out of their way to ensure we had the best time. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding more perfect than we could have ever imagined.

If you are even considering a destination wedding or a trip to Costa Rica, don't make the mistake of missing the opportunity to stay at Villa Punto De Vista.

Profile Picture Keri, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

Villa Punto de Vista is the most amazing, breathtaking place I've ever seen in my life. We picked this venue for our Costa Rica wedding based on pictures only. When we went there in person, we were absolutely blown away. The pictures do not even begin to do it justice, and I'm not being hyperbolic. When we first arrived I couldn't stop saying "how does this place even exist!?"
To be perfectly honest, after spending that kind of money on the venue, we were feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse since there are other venues in the area that were significantly cheaper; however, after being there in person and experiencing the unparalleled service that PDV has to offer, we couldn't be happier and think that the price is actually cheap for what you get. If you're on the fence about it, think no further: Punto de Vista is in all likelihood the very best you'll ever experience in your life.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 4/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I reserved Villa Punto de Vista for our wedding. We couldn't have picked a more perfect location to host ourselves and wedding party for our special event. The pictures do not do this place justice! What is even more incredible than the luxury Villa and its suites (if you could even imagine) is the lush tropical oasis it is nestled in - which you truly don't get an appreciation for just from the pictures. We saw way more monkeys and wildlife "in our own backyard" at the Villa than we did when we toured the National Park. The views from this Villa are unparalleled. Each room takes full advantage of the outdoor surroundings with their huge windows. You feel like you are outside when you are in your room. Each room is unique but offers the same luxury. The pool is where we spent a lot of time cause you can relax and watch the wildlife. I have never in my life stayed at such an amazing and unique place. We had 43 people come from the US to attend our destination wedding and everyone was in complete awe of this Villa. Well worth the trip for all of them!
Manuel Antonio is a wonderful tropical beach side mountain town - you get everything! Plenty of places walking distance. The beach that is walking distance from the Villa (10 min) is incredible which is why we had our ceremony there, followed by a dinner reception at the Villa. There are plenty of near-by stores, restaurants, ATMs, attractions, etc. The Villa has its own ATV which made transport to the beach very simple.
The staff literally caters to your every need. They do everything - Laundry, cleaning, bar service, concierge, dinner reservations - and the gourmet breakfast they prepare each morning is out of this world! Our favorite part was the Guanabana Mimosas! The view from the 4th floor breakfast area makes you feel like you are in a dream.
Overall, I can't say enough about the Villa, the staff and the location!!!
Beyond words!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Unique Services (Other)

Amazing venue. Gorgeous and so inexpensive for the quality of everything. It's true luxury. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 2/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

We live in San Francisco.. and I left a piece of my heart in the Punto De Vista Villa. The property is beyond imagination but the staff truly make the villa one of a kind. From the beginning the architect/ owner David made us feel welcome and was excited for us. Before arrival, Gloriela arranged everything! Seriously, our chef meals, the grocery list, room assignments, our excursions, all our transportation and made sure every small detail was planned and smooth. Once we arrived we met the family/ team that runs the villa on the ground.

We were met with cocktails, cool towels and a welcome hug! We had a fantastic tour of the Villa by Olivier where all our guests were in awe by their rooms and awesome amenities.We ended up gathering on the roof top for cocktails and a view that can't be replicated. Our Chef Desiree was on site setting up dinner and appetizers. Olivier departed for the night and we met Jossue and the night security team. Jossue handled all our night time needs, getting taxis, fixing systems like A/C, held umbrellas for us during the rain, ordered pizza delivery for sunday night football and laughed with our family.

Each day we woke up to coffee and breakfast. Yessenia and Rosita became like aunties to me. Rosita would hold my baby girl at meal times so that everyone could eat and enjoy. Yessenia made unbelievably great breakfast.

At this luxury villa, it's luxurious but the people are genuine and loving. There were so many behind the scenes staff members.

The day of our wedding the entire team celebrated with us. When I walked by the kitchen in my dress the girls all congratulated and hugged me.
David called and talked to us one afternoon. We're excited about his next projects, the man is a genius.

We didn't want to leave the Villa. It brought many tears to leave. We will be back hopefully soon to have coffee with all my friends in the most wonderful home away from home.

Profile Picture Daphanie, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Unique Services (Other)

The photos simply do not do justice to the breathtaking beauty of the Villa and its location. Even after looking at photos, you still could not help but be stunned speechless the moment you arrived. To add to our wonder, the moment we arrived, Oliver and his staff were eagerly waiting with a warm greeting and excited to point out a sloth awaiting us as well, positioned so perfectly centered over the infinity pool that it took us a moment to realize that she actually was real! From that first overwhelming perfect moment of arrival, the Villa and its staff never ceased to continue to far exceed all of our expectations and maintain that level of perfection. We couldn't be happier with our decision for a wedding venue and were thanked over and over by many of guests for choosing Villa Punto de Vista and giving them the opportunity to explore such a magical place in one of very favorite countries anywhere in the world. A colleague of mine commented to me how much he and his wife felt a likeness to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater, which is very close to our homes, and I had to laugh because Tim & I had commented on the same connection to nature and being one with its environment that was so important to Frank Lloyd Wright in Fallingwater's design and is so evident in your design of Villa Punto de Vista.

We can't possibly thank you, Oliver, Jossue (spelling?), Rosita and the rest of the team enough for everything in our experience, and certainly would love to visit you all again. I would never have imagined that we could choose the perfect wedding venue without having ever seen it before hand, but I am so very thrilled to be able to say that we did.

Profile Picture Timothy, 6/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Villa Punto De Vista was not only our home for a week while we stayed in Manuel Antonio, but it was also the venue for both our wedding reception & rehearsal dinner. We can't even put into words what this place is like - it's too beautiful, the team there (Jose, Oliver, Rosita .. and more!) are too gracious, kind, and helpful, and pictures/videos/or even this review can't really explain it. We were in paradise from the moment we arrived up until the last very second that we left. Our group will talk about this place for years and years. The people that keep it running are the most wonderful and caring human beings - they really put their hearts into making your stay unimaginably wonderful. We were minutes from the beach - Playa Payitas (which in our opinion is the BEST beach) - the wild life that visits & surrounds the Villa is exactly what you are hoping for - you really feel like royalty there... we felt like Beyonce.. or Mariah Carey... we couldn't believe we were there haha! I'll just say it again, nothing I say can really explain what a wonderful place this is. Our wedding was far beyond what we could have dreamed up and it was the perfect place to have it. It was perfect & we will definitely find a reason to come back.

Profile Picture David, 1/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I attended a wedding in January at this villa. I've stayed a villas from Jamaica to Greece and this hands down this was the most beautiful and majestic of them all.
Wildlife, cool breezes, a villa that pays attention to detail and Oliver the butler is the best in the business. Amazing wedding hosts!!
The views rival anywhere in the world. I would just like to say thank you. Bride and groom were very happy as was everyone at the wedding.
I booked a group for 2018 and look forward to coming back!

Profile Picture Karl, 1/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Villa is architecturally extraordinary and it is situated perfectly within a very short walk to the beach and Manuel Antonio's National Park. The views of the Pacific Ocean are stunning from everyone room in the Villa. The staff led by Oliver and Jossue make you feel at home and are incredible helpful and accommodating with any request. It was truly a magical venue for the perfect couple. Anyone who is looking for destination wedding, look no further.

Profile Picture User7703899, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best Villa to have a wedding. The Staff, Host, and Villa are beyond words. Everything exceeded our expectations and left me with some of the best memories one can have. This is THE Hidden Gem of Costa Rica. Five Stars all around. Thank you Villa Punto De Vista for making our wedding so special. You're the best!

Profile Picture Sami, 1/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's difficult to describe the beauty of Villa Punto de Vista that looks over the beach and ocean of the Pacific Ocean in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. A true 5 star magnificent home with all the extra's you could only imagine, sitting in the middle of an incredible rain forest, mountains and beach. When we arrived at the house, we were greeted by an amazingly warm and friendly staff with fresh cocktails in hand with music in the background. It was a great way to start our experience!. The amzing architecture was something i have never seen before. Once we got to the top floor (by way of stairs or an elevator), there was in incredible hot tub overlooking the ocean with an amazing view. 5 of us jumped right in, as there were fresh towels right there, and a bar with drinks flowing right by, being made by one of the super friendly staff members at the house (who all made it their mission to make us all extremely happy, providing anything we needed!). There was wild life including monkeys and other cool animals that were hanging out right by the house in the tree tops that were eye level to the 4th and 5th floors. We did take a tour of the national park, but the views of the animals were better sitting in the hot tub or on the luxury couches on the floor right below. The air conditioning had controls for each individual room, so everyone there could keep the temp how they liked it, which makes a huge difference. There was even a pool table in one of the rooms where we played into the late hours of the night. Even in the middle of the rain forest, we were still connected to high speed internet that kept us connected to the outside world when we wanted.

Within walking distance to the beach, there are so many activities to do, including surfing, parasailing, jet skiing, on-beach massages, and great fun restaurants. I've been to Costa Rica many times, but never to accomodations of Villa Punto de Vista!!

Profile Picture Steven, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Stunning House, amazing location, top service, Simply incredible. All the guests loved it and were treated like royalty.

Profile Picture Clive, 12/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Punto De Vista was absolutely fabulous. All of the rooms in the Villa are spectacular! Wonderful views, monkeys and iguanas visited frequently, but most of all the service we received at Punto de Vista was top notch. Ollie and Josue were so hospitable and took every stress away. Need superglue- no problem. How about a spicy margarita, got that too.

All of our guests absolutely loved the venue as well. It rained during the wedding, but that wasn't a problem with the covered rooftop and they had side flaps to put down as well to protect the guests. They even heated the pool for us, which we spent many, many hours in. I have nothing bad to say about the whole experience and though expensive, it was worth every penny.

Profile Picture Jill, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I hosted our daughter’s wedding here last week, and I am still on a high with how awesome the villa, staff, furnishings, location, in short the total experience was. Probably the best feature was the staff, they were fun, attentive, understanding and just made everything so enjoyable and easy. The villa staff seamlessly coordinated with all the external services, chef, flowers, tables, etc. needed for a wedding. The house is really special, every bedroom has an incredible view with floor to ceiling windows, yet due to the design, privacy. An elevator allowed elderly grandmothers to attend. The kind of place where all our guests continued to thank us for including them. Truly special.

Profile Picture User4889042, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Villa Punto de Vista is the ultimate in luxury for a villa rental. I had a magical wedding there and everything was done to perfection!

Profile Picture Cordell, 9/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's difficult to put into words just how amazing it is to stay and be married at Punto de Vista. My husband and I were married June 2016, and we stayed at the villa with our wedding party (26 stayed, 70 attended the wedding) for five nights. I have to stress that it's not only the views, the tranquility, the open air spaces, the outrageously comfortable beds and sheets, the artful layout, the balconies, that make this place so unique: it's the people. The level of service is extraordinary and like nothing you have ever experienced. I was fortunate to grow up traveling to five star places--and they don't even compare. The people at Punto de Vista are so warm and genuine, I will never forget the smiles and care they took with us: it was like they knew what we wanted even before we did!! Plus breakfast was the most delicious I have ever! What a treat to sit at the beautiful wood table with all our friends, ensconced in the jungle but with the sea breeze and view to the open ocean. At the villa, everything is crystal clear glass and the howler, capuchin, and squirrel monkeys, plus toucans and tanagers hang out within arms reach. From the luxurious balconies and common spaces, which are brilliantly laid out for relaxed lounging and socializing, we could watch some of the wedding party surf the world-class break right below the villa. Playitas beach, below the villa and where we had our ceremony, is hands down the most beautiful beach we have seen: islands, white sand, fun waves, and very few people (plus a resident sloth.) I feel like we were able to treat our friends and family to the experience of a lifetime: we are all thinking of ways and reasons to get back! If you are thinking at all about Punto de Vista, do it. I remember just how HUGE the smiles on the faces of my friends and family were ALL THE TIME. In the villa, all their stress melted away. It’s the treat of a lifetime and so much more value for the money that we could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We wanted to thank you on behalf of all who stayed at the villa. The beauty of the house is beyond imagination, with that design, those details... it's incredibly beautiful.
But the magic was to hire those wonderful people who work there! Each of the staff with whom we met made ??the stay a wonderful and unforgettable experience. Everyone was super friendly and amazing. And then our wedding day was of the most amazing days of our lives.
Thanks for giving us a magical experience !!!!

Profile Picture Ivannia, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Truly one of the best experiences of my life! The accommodations, amenities, and especially the staff were top notch. I've stayed at several five star hotels, and in my opinion, none of them hold a candle to Punto de Vista.

My wife and I were getting married in Manuel Antonio and we decided to rent the villa for ourselves and the wedding party. In retrospect, that was probably the best decision we could have made. The design, layout, and décor were perfectly suited for our reception, and the privacy that the villa offered made our celebration much more intimate and special (who wants a bunch of random hotel guests loitering around your wedding reception?). All of our guests have done nothing but raved about the experience, and they continue to post pictures on social media websites two months after the fact; it has almost gotten out of hand.

The week surrounding the reception was amazing as well. When we weren't exploring Manuel Antonio and the activities that the area offers, we were lounging by the pool, hanging out with the resident monkeys and sloths, catching a snooze in the hammocks on the beach, or enjoying the sunset from the roof top jacuzzi with a delicious beverage in hand.

Lastly, what made this place really special was the staff. In particular, our "butlers" Olivier and Jossue were two of the most gracious, accommodative, and wonderful people you will ever meet. My wife sobbed when she said goodbye to those two, and has made a vow to return one day. The kitchen staff was also unbelievable. A group of warm and hard working women prepared a delicious made-from-scratch feast every morning. I'll never forget the fresh juices as long as I live.

An excellent review doesn't do this place justice. All I can say is I will be back someday.

Profile Picture Kevin, 1/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just wanted to say thank you again for a beyond memorable stay at Villa Punto de Vista. It really is difficult to put into words just how special it was for us and our families. We recall you telling us that we wouldn't be disappointed and of course you were correct. Truth is, the Villa is better than anything we could have expected. You (David Konwiser) did an amazing job designing it; indeed, we had a hard time coming up with anything we'd change!

But what truly makes Villa Punto de Vista stand out is the people working in it. We simply cannot say enough good things about each and every member of the staff, from Oliver to Jose to Rosita and down the line. Oliver in particular went above and beyond, from taking one of our dads to the markets to taking me on back-to-back afternoons into Quepos to help me get my debit card that I left in an ATM. He's a special person and we hope to stay in touch with him.

Thank you again for providing a once-in-a-lifetime venue for our wedding. We hope to come back in the future.

Profile Picture User6160381, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The villa and staff surpassed all expectations. Pictures do not do this venue justice. It was everything that I hope for and so much more. Everyone was friendly, helpful and truly made it a trip of a lifetime. I could not have hoped for a more beautiful place to get married at. Again, thank you so much for everything! We are already talking about our next trip back!

Profile Picture Jill, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I stayed at Punta de Vista in mid-August with my husband and friends for a wedding. It was truly spectacular! The first thing you see when you pull up at the villa is the AMAZING architecture. It's modern and elegant but also warm with touches of rustic and zen - all in one. The ocean and jungle views from each floor of the villa are gorgeous. The staff is welcoming, warm, professional and always attentive. They booked excursions for us outside of the villa - such as zip lining - with the best tour groups in town. The food prepared by the kitchen staff was always delicious; they served the best and freshest local cuisine. Our room was spacious, immaculately clean and comfortable. We had a patio overlooking the jungle with a hammock, which was perfectly peaceful for afternoon naps! The sheets on our bed were amazingly soft - the best sheets we have ever encountered at any hotel (and we travel a lot!). In fact, I'm buying sets of those sheets for my beds at home! We had a truly magnificent experience. I only wish Punta de Vista existed 12 years ago when I got married - I would have definitely gotten married there! I can't say enough wonderful things about about it. I hope to visit again soon and often!

Profile Picture User5613571, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Punto De Vista provides a visually stunning background to a wedding celebration. The staff, catering to your whims and desires, is top notch and left out no detail in providing a wonderful experience for family and friends visiting our small wedding event. The homes boasts 10+ bedrooms and provides enough space for groups to mingle or isolate oneself in focus and meditation. As a reception venue, guests can meander between different levels with multiple entertainment spaces. The thing that sets this villa apart is the careful attention to architectural details that function with the natural surroundings to create a noteworthy setting to any endeavor. There were a number of young ones in attendance, between the ages of 3-12, that found wonder around every turn. We were not here simply for a wedding but for the opportunity to share our joy with close friends and family through a week's worth of activities and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Families frolicked on the picturesque beach, took zip-lining and horseback tours, hung out in WWII bomber converted to a bar, and came together in a bonding experience, the likes of which I cannot compare. As you browse through the pics, please do realize that the villa is exponentially more beautiful and needs to be seen in person to believe. I cannot think of a better destination wedding venue for a group of close-knit family and friends

Profile Picture Al, 8/12/15, 1 Review