Villa Punto de Vista Reviews

89 | Manuel Antonio, CR

89 Reviews for Villa Punto de Vista

Rohid Ahmed · Married on 02/02/2019

Beyond Expectations!

When my wife and I started planning our Hindu-Muslim wedding in 2018, the first step was a venue. We dreamt of a destination wedding in a beautiful location and a grand house that would be the center of activity for a 3-day affair. We searched within the United States and internationally. We stumbled upon Punto de Vista one day and fell in love with the idea of having our wedding there. In 2019, that dream became a reality. The entire experience was beyond expectation, the staff is genuinely friendly and kind. The breakfasts are spectacular, the venue is world class, the views are unmatched. Our family stayed with us in the house and our wedding events were held from different locations within the house. Every guest was in awe of the house and so were we. We cannot thank David and the staff enough for hosting us and assisting us to make our wedding such a memorable experience for everyone involved. I don’t think I can fully articulate how amazing it is to wake up to mimosa’s and breakfast with a beautiful sunrise on your wedding day, or how great it was to sneak to the pool or down to the beach between wedding events. Also, the pool party after the reception was an amazing end to it all! Our dream is to go back someday, hopefully we see you all soon!

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/09/2018

Nothing short of PERFECT!

Words could not even explain how amazing this venue is. This venue has truly given me my dream wedding. From the very first day we have decided to book this venue, everyone affiliated with this villa and our wedding day have been nothing short of amazing. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for the beautiful tropics in the rain forest, the most beautiful beaches, an absolutely breathtaking villa and the kindest staff that is more than willing to help you every step of the way.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Gustavop · Married on 10/14/2018

Simply Wow Wedding Venue & Location!

Where do I begin to describe my experience at the Villa Punto de Vista? We arrived site unseen, and it exceeded our expectations in every way!! The beautiful design itself reminds me of a Frank Lloyd Wright Home, but the staff and the Villa's Locations is what really made this stay extraordinary! Monkeys, Sloths, Toucans and even Scarlett McCaws were seen daily from the villa! The house served as headquarters to our other guest staying in nearby villas and it was perfect combination of space and activities in the villa (Beaches within a minute or so, Game Room, Heated pool, Giant Jacuzzi with huge view!)! The property & staff is beyond imagination and the experience was a memory of a Lifetime for both our friends and family!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Mariluz · Married on 09/10/2018

This is the Perfect place for a Wedding of your dreams!!!

We recently had the opportunity of staying at Villa Punto de Vista -- and it can easily be summed up as a spectacular place with an spectacular staff!

It was hands down the most incredible luxury travel experience of our lives...

Working with David & Christien on the initial reservation process was easy and pain free. They were both very accommodating to our needs for the trip, and David then put me in contact with Gloriela the Pre-arrival concierge who then helped plan all of the details for the trip from our meals, spa treatments, transportation and incredible excursions. I can’t stress how wonderful it was to have such help in planning every detail of the trip prior to our arrival for my group! Gloriela recommended a Fantastic number of Wedding planners to choose from and eve walked me through the process of choosing the best one for our needs!

Without question the pictures do not do the place justice! I agree with those comments 100%! It on another level.

The high views were breathtaking, the house exquisite and it had absolutely everything you could ever want, need or wish for al in the same place. From the moment we arrived thanks to the fabulous staff, Luis, Josue, Rosita.... The staff made us feel at home, like we lived there, like family!

Villa Punto de Vista one of a kind experience we will never forget!! If your thinking of booking Villa Punto de Vista, don’t overthink it one second. It’s so much more than just a Hotel. It’s an experience that let’s you really bond with your Family and friends like we couldn’t have ever imagined!

It was genuinely the Wedding of my Dreams!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • W

William · Married on 07/16/2018

This villa is so incredible, the living space and the views are outstanding! The staff is so friendly and helpful, they made our experience so wonderful. The villa is a short walk to a beautiful beach which was awesome. I would highly recommend staying here - it's a once in a lifetime experience!

Sent on 08/15/2018

J · Married on 06/16/2018

Every inch of this home was thought out to give you that WOW factor! The location is amazing, with the best views in the Country! Every room has a special theme, and has its own private feel. There is not one bad room in this home! The 4th floor with the master suite and dining area is amazing. We would have breakfast each morning here and dinner as well. We could enjoy the ocean views and watch the monkeys play right outside our windows. The fifth floor has a corner Jacuzzi that over looks the ocean- stunning place for a break. The main floor has a wonderful area for everyone to visit and enjoy drinks, while swimming in the infinity pool and listening to music piped throughout the home. The staff makes this exquisite home absolutely top notch. They become your family and treat you as such. The connections the house manager has allowed for our huge group to choose different excursions, with each group feeling they had picked the ultimate excursion. I would highly recommend this get-a-way, for the comfort, the views, the culture, the people and the best time of your life!!! We will be back, PURA VIDA!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Kab · Married on 05/29/2018

What an amazing experience at this place. Amazing accommodating staff, beautiful large rooms with phenomenal scenery. You felt one with nature with the wild animals and beautiful natural trees and plants in your backyard. The staff were so kind and made sure your stay was one you can never forget. Thank you team for making our Costa Rica experience even better than we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Keri · Married on 05/19/2018

Prior to having our wedding at Villa Punto de Vista, we weren't sure if it actually existed. The reviews and pictures were too good to be true. Luckily for us, it does exist and the pictures do not do it justice! We had our wedding of 65 people here and all of our guests were beyond satisfied with the Villa and its service. In addition to the wedding we had a spa day, welcome party and chef dinner. Each experience special in its own way. If you feel the need to venture out of the Villa, it is located near the most beautiful beach. We spent the day after our wedding recovering on the beach with pizza, delivered to us by the staff.

The architecture is like no other place I've seen. Each room is designed more beautifully than the next. But the most incredible part of the Villa is it's staff. From phonecalls with the owner prior to booking, to multiple conversations with the pre-arrival concierge and to finally spending the weekend with the staff who went out of their way to ensure we had the best time. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding more perfect than we could have ever imagined.

If you are even considering a destination wedding or a trip to Costa Rica, don't make the mistake of missing the opportunity to stay at Villa Punto De Vista.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/17/2018

Villa Punto de Vista is the most amazing, breathtaking place I've ever seen in my life. We picked this venue for our Costa Rica wedding based on pictures only. When we went there in person, we were absolutely blown away. The pictures do not even begin to do it justice, and I'm not being hyperbolic. When we first arrived I couldn't stop saying "how does this place even exist!?"
    To be perfectly honest, after spending that kind of money on the venue, we were feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse since there are other venues in the area that were significantly cheaper; however, after being there in person and experiencing the unparalleled service that PDV has to offer, we couldn't be happier and think that the price is actually cheap for what you get. If you're on the fence about it, think no further: Punto de Vista is in all likelihood the very best you'll ever experience in your life.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Megan · Married on 04/05/2018

My husband and I reserved Villa Punto de Vista for our wedding. We couldn't have picked a more perfect location to host ourselves and wedding party for our special event. The pictures do not do this place justice! What is even more incredible than the luxury Villa and its suites (if you could even imagine) is the lush tropical oasis it is nestled in - which you truly don't get an appreciation for just from the pictures. We saw way more monkeys and wildlife "in our own backyard" at the Villa than we did when we toured the National Park. The views from this Villa are unparalleled. Each room takes full advantage of the outdoor surroundings with their huge windows. You feel like you are outside when you are in your room. Each room is unique but offers the same luxury. The pool is where we spent a lot of time cause you can relax and watch the wildlife. I have never in my life stayed at such an amazing and unique place. We had 43 people come from the US to attend our destination wedding and everyone was in complete awe of this Villa. Well worth the trip for all of them!
    Manuel Antonio is a wonderful tropical beach side mountain town - you get everything! Plenty of places walking distance. The beach that is walking distance from the Villa (10 min) is incredible which is why we had our ceremony there, followed by a dinner reception at the Villa. There are plenty of near-by stores, restaurants, ATMs, attractions, etc. The Villa has its own ATV which made transport to the beach very simple.
    The staff literally caters to your every need. They do everything - Laundry, cleaning, bar service, concierge, dinner reservations - and the gourmet breakfast they prepare each morning is out of this world! Our favorite part was the Guanabana Mimosas! The view from the 4th floor breakfast area makes you feel like you are in a dream.
    Overall, I can't say enough about the Villa, the staff and the location!!!
    Beyond words!!!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Lindsey · Married on 02/05/2018

Amazing venue. Gorgeous and so inexpensive for the quality of everything. It's true luxury. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Daphanie · Married on 11/03/2017

We live in San Francisco.. and I left a piece of my heart in the Punto De Vista Villa. The property is beyond imagination but the staff truly make the villa one of a kind. From the beginning the architect/ owner David made us feel welcome and was excited for us. Before arrival, Gloriela arranged everything! Seriously, our chef meals, the grocery list, room assignments, our excursions, all our transportation and made sure every small detail was planned and smooth. Once we arrived we met the family/ team that runs the villa on the ground.

We were met with cocktails, cool towels and a welcome hug! We had a fantastic tour of the Villa by Olivier where all our guests were in awe by their rooms and awesome amenities.We ended up gathering on the roof top for cocktails and a view that can't be replicated. Our Chef Desiree was on site setting up dinner and appetizers. Olivier departed for the night and we met Jossue and the night security team. Jossue handled all our night time needs, getting taxis, fixing systems like A/C, held umbrellas for us during the rain, ordered pizza delivery for sunday night football and laughed with our family.

Each day we woke up to coffee and breakfast. Yessenia and Rosita became like aunties to me. Rosita would hold my baby girl at meal times so that everyone could eat and enjoy. Yessenia made unbelievably great breakfast.

At this luxury villa, it's luxurious but the people are genuine and loving. There were so many behind the scenes staff members.

The day of our wedding the entire team celebrated with us. When I walked by the kitchen in my dress the girls all congratulated and hugged me.
    David called and talked to us one afternoon. We're excited about his next projects, the man is a genius.

We didn't want to leave the Villa. It brought many tears to leave. We will be back hopefully soon to have coffee with all my friends in the most wonderful home away from home.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Timothy · Married on 06/05/2017

The photos simply do not do justice to the breathtaking beauty of the Villa and its location. Even after looking at photos, you still could not help but be stunned speechless the moment you arrived. To add to our wonder, the moment we arrived, Oliver and his staff were eagerly waiting with a warm greeting and excited to point out a sloth awaiting us as well, positioned so perfectly centered over the infinity pool that it took us a moment to realize that she actually was real! From that first overwhelming perfect moment of arrival, the Villa and its staff never ceased to continue to far exceed all of our expectations and maintain that level of perfection. We couldn't be happier with our decision for a wedding venue and were thanked over and over by many of guests for choosing Villa Punto de Vista and giving them the opportunity to explore such a magical place in one of very favorite countries anywhere in the world. A colleague of mine commented to me how much he and his wife felt a likeness to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater, which is very close to our homes, and I had to laugh because Tim & I had commented on the same connection to nature and being one with its environment that was so important to Frank Lloyd Wright in Fallingwater's design and is so evident in your design of Villa Punto de Vista.

We can't possibly thank you, Oliver, Jossue (spelling?), Rosita and the rest of the team enough for everything in our experience, and certainly would love to visit you all again. I would never have imagined that we could choose the perfect wedding venue without having ever seen it before hand, but I am so very thrilled to be able to say that we did.

Sent on 06/17/2017

David · Married on 01/25/2017

The Villa Punto De Vista was not only our home for a week while we stayed in Manuel Antonio, but it was also the venue for both our wedding reception & rehearsal dinner. We can't even put into words what this place is like - it's too beautiful, the team there (Jose, Oliver, Rosita .. and more!) are too gracious, kind, and helpful, and pictures/videos/or even this review can't really explain it. We were in paradise from the moment we arrived up until the last very second that we left. Our group will talk about this place for years and years. The people that keep it running are the most wonderful and caring human beings - they really put their hearts into making your stay unimaginably wonderful. We were minutes from the beach - Playa Payitas (which in our opinion is the BEST beach) - the wild life that visits & surrounds the Villa is exactly what you are hoping for - you really feel like royalty there... we felt like Beyonce.. or Mariah Carey... we couldn't believe we were there haha! I'll just say it again, nothing I say can really explain what a wonderful place this is. Our wedding was far beyond what we could have dreamed up and it was the perfect place to have it. It was perfect & we will definitely find a reason to come back.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Karl · Married on 01/21/2017

I attended a wedding in January at this villa. I've stayed a villas from Jamaica to Greece and this hands down this was the most beautiful and majestic of them all.
    Wildlife, cool breezes, a villa that pays attention to detail and Oliver the butler is the best in the business. Amazing wedding hosts!!
    The views rival anywhere in the world. I would just like to say thank you. Bride and groom were very happy as was everyone at the wedding.
    I booked a group for 2018 and look forward to coming back!

Sent on 01/24/2017

The Villa is architecturally extraordinary and it is situated perfectly within a very short walk to the beach and Manuel Antonio's National Park. The views of the Pacific Ocean are stunning from everyone room in the Villa. The staff led by Oliver and Jossue make you feel at home and are incredible helpful and accommodating with any request. It was truly a magical venue for the perfect couple. Anyone who is looking for destination wedding, look no further.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Sami · Married on 01/16/2017

Best Villa to have a wedding. The Staff, Host, and Villa are beyond words. Everything exceeded our expectations and left me with some of the best memories one can have. This is THE Hidden Gem of Costa Rica. Five Stars all around. Thank you Villa Punto De Vista for making our wedding so special. You're the best!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Steven · Married on 01/14/2017

It's difficult to describe the beauty of Villa Punto de Vista that looks over the beach and ocean of the Pacific Ocean in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. A true 5 star magnificent home with all the extra's you could only imagine, sitting in the middle of an incredible rain forest, mountains and beach. When we arrived at the house, we were greeted by an amazingly warm and friendly staff with fresh cocktails in hand with music in the background. It was a great way to start our experience!. The amzing architecture was something i have never seen before. Once we got to the top floor (by way of stairs or an elevator), there was in incredible hot tub overlooking the ocean with an amazing view. 5 of us jumped right in, as there were fresh towels right there, and a bar with drinks flowing right by, being made by one of the super friendly staff members at the house (who all made it their mission to make us all extremely happy, providing anything we needed!). There was wild life including monkeys and other cool animals that were hanging out right by the house in the tree tops that were eye level to the 4th and 5th floors. We did take a tour of the national park, but the views of the animals were better sitting in the hot tub or on the luxury couches on the floor right below. The air conditioning had controls for each individual room, so everyone there could keep the temp how they liked it, which makes a huge difference. There was even a pool table in one of the rooms where we played into the late hours of the night. Even in the middle of the rain forest, we were still connected to high speed internet that kept us connected to the outside world when we wanted.

Within walking distance to the beach, there are so many activities to do, including surfing, parasailing, jet skiing, on-beach massages, and great fun restaurants. I've been to Costa Rica many times, but never to accomodations of Villa Punto de Vista!!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Clive · Married on 12/09/2016

Stunning House, amazing location, top service, Simply incredible. All the guests loved it and were treated like royalty.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Jill · Married on 12/03/2016

Punto De Vista was absolutely fabulous. All of the rooms in the Villa are spectacular! Wonderful views, monkeys and iguanas visited frequently, but most of all the service we received at Punto de Vista was top notch. Ollie and Josue were so hospitable and took every stress away. Need superglue- no problem. How about a spicy margarita, got that too.

All of our guests absolutely loved the venue as well. It rained during the wedding, but that wasn't a problem with the covered rooftop and they had side flaps to put down as well to protect the guests. They even heated the pool for us, which we spent many, many hours in. I have nothing bad to say about the whole experience and though expensive, it was worth every penny.

Sent on 12/12/2016

My wife and I hosted our daughter’s wedding here last week, and I am still on a high with how awesome the villa, staff, furnishings, location, in short the total experience was. Probably the best feature was the staff, they were fun, attentive, understanding and just made everything so enjoyable and easy. The villa staff seamlessly coordinated with all the external services, chef, flowers, tables, etc. needed for a wedding. The house is really special, every bedroom has an incredible view with floor to ceiling windows, yet due to the design, privacy. An elevator allowed elderly grandmothers to attend. The kind of place where all our guests continued to thank us for including them. Truly special.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Cordell · Married on 09/14/2016

Villa Punto de Vista is the ultimate in luxury for a villa rental. I had a magical wedding there and everything was done to perfection!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

It's difficult to put into words just how amazing it is to stay and be married at Punto de Vista. My husband and I were married June 2016, and we stayed at the villa with our wedding party (26 stayed, 70 attended the wedding) for five nights. I have to stress that it's not only the views, the tranquility, the open air spaces, the outrageously comfortable beds and sheets, the artful layout, the balconies, that make this place so unique: it's the people. The level of service is extraordinary and like nothing you have ever experienced. I was fortunate to grow up traveling to five star places--and they don't even compare. The people at Punto de Vista are so warm and genuine, I will never forget the smiles and care they took with us: it was like they knew what we wanted even before we did!! Plus breakfast was the most delicious I have ever! What a treat to sit at the beautiful wood table with all our friends, ensconced in the jungle but with the sea breeze and view to the open ocean. At the villa, everything is crystal clear glass and the howler, capuchin, and squirrel monkeys, plus toucans and tanagers hang out within arms reach. From the luxurious balconies and common spaces, which are brilliantly laid out for relaxed lounging and socializing, we could watch some of the wedding party surf the world-class break right below the villa. Playitas beach, below the villa and where we had our ceremony, is hands down the most beautiful beach we have seen: islands, white sand, fun waves, and very few people (plus a resident sloth.) I feel like we were able to treat our friends and family to the experience of a lifetime: we are all thinking of ways and reasons to get back! If you are thinking at all about Punto de Vista, do it. I remember just how HUGE the smiles on the faces of my friends and family were ALL THE TIME. In the villa, all their stress melted away. It’s the treat of a lifetime and so much more value for the money that we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 08/30/2016
  • I

Ivannia · Married on 04/30/2016

We wanted to thank you on behalf of all who stayed at the villa. The beauty of the house is beyond imagination, with that design, those details... it's incredibly beautiful.
    But the magic was to hire those wonderful people who work there! Each of the staff with whom we met made ??the stay a wonderful and unforgettable experience. Everyone was super friendly and amazing. And then our wedding day was of the most amazing days of our lives.
    Thanks for giving us a magical experience !!!!

Sent on 08/10/2016