Villa Punto de Vista Reviews

Villa Punto de Vista 4
Villa Punto de Vista 5

Bryan Sasser · Getting married on 04/05/2021

Wonderful Week

Villa Punto de Vista in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is a splendid place to gather with family and
    friends. We came down for an intimate wedding and the staff and service vendors my daughters chose
    were welcoming, professional, and added so much to our experience. Everyone still has a smile on
    their face a week later, and I don't expect it to go away any time soon. Giovanni at Wow Chef Services
    created great dishes every day. Costa Brava Weddings & Events did an exceptional job with the
    flowers, and they could have done so much more if we needed it. Kevin Heslin & John Williamson
    were professional, on time and took amazing photographs. The house managers, Luis & Jossue went
    above & beyond to help create memories of a lifetime. David has created a house and staff that will
    exceed your expectations no matter what walk of life you arrive from.
    Villa Punto de Vista is Pura Vida.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Brian

Brian Sweet · Married on 07/06/2019

Stunning Experience!

Attended a destination wedding and it was quite impressive...in fact, it was the most amazing place we've ever stayed in! We travel a bit and we've stayed in some nice places but not quite as gorgeous as Villa Punto de Vista! The views from each of the rooms are amazing. The architecture is stunning and the service was perfect. We even had a view of Manuel Antonio from the shower! I highly recommend staying here. I really can't wait to see the new build next door. The owner/architect is adding a 2nd place that will have a connected walkway. I'm sure it will be just as magnificent and receive the same rave reviews. We are already planning to come back in a couple of years and hopefully we can stop by to see the new place. If you are planning a destination wedding, please consider this wonderful villa - you will be extremely happy!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Frances

Frances · Married on 06/30/2019

Amazing villa and wedding venue!!

We stayed at Punto de Vista with all our family and it was amazing. The staff took care of every details and always went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The house is out of this world and the views are amazing. We could have not picked a better place to get married. We made friends and felt very welcomed. Thank you David, Luis, Jossue, Gabriel, Rosita, Jackson, Jose and everyone else in the team. We had the wedding and vacation we dreamed of and so much more.

Villa Punto de Vista 6
    Villa Punto de Vista 15
    Sent on 07/06/2019

Rohid Ahmed · Married on 02/02/2019

Beyond Expectations!

When my wife and I started planning our Hindu-Muslim wedding in 2018, the first step was a venue. We dreamt of a destination wedding in a beautiful location and a grand house that would be the center of activity for a 3-day affair. We searched within the United States and internationally. We stumbled upon Punto de Vista one day and fell in love with the idea of having our wedding there. In 2019, that dream became a reality. The entire experience was beyond expectation, the staff is genuinely friendly and kind. The breakfasts are spectacular, the venue is world class, the views are unmatched. Our family stayed with us in the house and our wedding events were held from different locations within the house. Every guest was in awe of the house and so were we. We cannot thank David and the staff enough for hosting us and assisting us to make our wedding such a memorable experience for everyone involved. I don’t think I can fully articulate how amazing it is to wake up to mimosa’s and breakfast with a beautiful sunrise on your wedding day, or how great it was to sneak to the pool or down to the beach between wedding events. Also, the pool party after the reception was an amazing end to it all! Our dream is to go back someday, hopefully we see you all soon!

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/09/2018

Nothing short of PERFECT!

Words could not even explain how amazing this venue is. This venue has truly given me my dream wedding. From the very first day we have decided to book this venue, everyone affiliated with this villa and our wedding day have been nothing short of amazing. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for the beautiful tropics in the rain forest, the most beautiful beaches, an absolutely breathtaking villa and the kindest staff that is more than willing to help you every step of the way.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Gustavop · Married on 10/14/2018

Simply Wow Wedding Venue & Location!

Where do I begin to describe my experience at the Villa Punto de Vista? We arrived site unseen, and it exceeded our expectations in every way!! The beautiful design itself reminds me of a Frank Lloyd Wright Home, but the staff and the Villa's Locations is what really made this stay extraordinary! Monkeys, Sloths, Toucans and even Scarlett McCaws were seen daily from the villa! The house served as headquarters to our other guest staying in nearby villas and it was perfect combination of space and activities in the villa (Beaches within a minute or so, Game Room, Heated pool, Giant Jacuzzi with huge view!)! The property & staff is beyond imagination and the experience was a memory of a Lifetime for both our friends and family!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Mariluz · Married on 09/10/2018

This is the Perfect place for a Wedding of your dreams!!!

We recently had the opportunity of staying at Villa Punto de Vista -- and it can easily be summed up as a spectacular place with an spectacular staff!

It was hands down the most incredible luxury travel experience of our lives...

Working with David & Christien on the initial reservation process was easy and pain free. They were both very accommodating to our needs for the trip, and David then put me in contact with Gloriela the Pre-arrival concierge who then helped plan all of the details for the trip from our meals, spa treatments, transportation and incredible excursions. I can’t stress how wonderful it was to have such help in planning every detail of the trip prior to our arrival for my group! Gloriela recommended a Fantastic number of Wedding planners to choose from and eve walked me through the process of choosing the best one for our needs!

Without question the pictures do not do the place justice! I agree with those comments 100%! It on another level.

The high views were breathtaking, the house exquisite and it had absolutely everything you could ever want, need or wish for al in the same place. From the moment we arrived thanks to the fabulous staff, Luis, Josue, Rosita.... The staff made us feel at home, like we lived there, like family!

Villa Punto de Vista one of a kind experience we will never forget!! If your thinking of booking Villa Punto de Vista, don’t overthink it one second. It’s so much more than just a Hotel. It’s an experience that let’s you really bond with your Family and friends like we couldn’t have ever imagined!

It was genuinely the Wedding of my Dreams!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • W

William · Married on 07/16/2018

This villa is so incredible, the living space and the views are outstanding! The staff is so friendly and helpful, they made our experience so wonderful. The villa is a short walk to a beautiful beach which was awesome. I would highly recommend staying here - it's a once in a lifetime experience!

Sent on 08/15/2018

J · Married on 06/16/2018

Every inch of this home was thought out to give you that WOW factor! The location is amazing, with the best views in the Country! Every room has a special theme, and has its own private feel. There is not one bad room in this home! The 4th floor with the master suite and dining area is amazing. We would have breakfast each morning here and dinner as well. We could enjoy the ocean views and watch the monkeys play right outside our windows. The fifth floor has a corner Jacuzzi that over looks the ocean- stunning place for a break. The main floor has a wonderful area for everyone to visit and enjoy drinks, while swimming in the infinity pool and listening to music piped throughout the home. The staff makes this exquisite home absolutely top notch. They become your family and treat you as such. The connections the house manager has allowed for our huge group to choose different excursions, with each group feeling they had picked the ultimate excursion. I would highly recommend this get-a-way, for the comfort, the views, the culture, the people and the best time of your life!!! We will be back, PURA VIDA!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Kab · Married on 05/29/2018

What an amazing experience at this place. Amazing accommodating staff, beautiful large rooms with phenomenal scenery. You felt one with nature with the wild animals and beautiful natural trees and plants in your backyard. The staff were so kind and made sure your stay was one you can never forget. Thank you team for making our Costa Rica experience even better than we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/25/2018

Like others, we fell in love with Villa Punto de Vista from afar, booked it sight-unseen, and were subsequently blown away when we actually arrived. My husband and I literally looked at each other and asked, “What did we do right in a past life to deserve this place for our wedding?!” If you're worried about PDV living up to the photos/hype – don’t be, it’s literally going to take your breath away!

You can’t make a mistake while assigning the 10 bedrooms to your guests. Every room is gorgeous and you’ll see beautiful views and spot sloths/monkeys/toucans/oh my! from every corner of the property. All your wedding guests (we had 70) are going to love the venue, suddenly become instagraming fiends, and tell you, “Costa Rica wasn’t on my radar at all but OMG I love this and don’t want to leave!” PDV is pure magic – from the architecture, to the views, to the perfect-for-a-killer-party layout.

What makes the Villa magical though is the owner, David, and the staff: Ollie, Josue, Yessenia, Jaime, Jose, and Rosa. They are the secret sauce to PDV! They always have you and your guests' comfort at the forefront of their minds. Weddings bring out the best, but also the weird/stressful & having such a fantastic team at our backs was amazing.

PDV is the perfect venue - private, gorgeous, great location, and no noise restrictions or closing times on the main floor. When we first researched the Villa, it looked so perfect & luxurious that we didn’t think it could fit into our budget. We live in Philadelphia, PA and were struggling to find reasonably priced venues that we liked at home. I'm so glad that I reached out to David and our wedding planners, Tropical Occasions for more info!

My only regret is that we didn't stay longer! No-one was quite ready to leave by the end. David and his team make this place absolute magic & we hope to return for an anniversary in the years to come!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Keri · Married on 05/19/2018

Prior to having our wedding at Villa Punto de Vista, we weren't sure if it actually existed. The reviews and pictures were too good to be true. Luckily for us, it does exist and the pictures do not do it justice! We had our wedding of 65 people here and all of our guests were beyond satisfied with the Villa and its service. In addition to the wedding we had a spa day, welcome party and chef dinner. Each experience special in its own way. If you feel the need to venture out of the Villa, it is located near the most beautiful beach. We spent the day after our wedding recovering on the beach with pizza, delivered to us by the staff.

The architecture is like no other place I've seen. Each room is designed more beautifully than the next. But the most incredible part of the Villa is it's staff. From phonecalls with the owner prior to booking, to multiple conversations with the pre-arrival concierge and to finally spending the weekend with the staff who went out of their way to ensure we had the best time. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding more perfect than we could have ever imagined.

If you are even considering a destination wedding or a trip to Costa Rica, don't make the mistake of missing the opportunity to stay at Villa Punto De Vista.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/17/2018

Villa Punto de Vista is the most amazing, breathtaking place I've ever seen in my life. We picked this venue for our Costa Rica wedding based on pictures only. When we went there in person, we were absolutely blown away. The pictures do not even begin to do it justice, and I'm not being hyperbolic. When we first arrived I couldn't stop saying "how does this place even exist!?"
    To be perfectly honest, after spending that kind of money on the venue, we were feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse since there are other venues in the area that were significantly cheaper; however, after being there in person and experiencing the unparalleled service that PDV has to offer, we couldn't be happier and think that the price is actually cheap for what you get. If you're on the fence about it, think no further: Punto de Vista is in all likelihood the very best you'll ever experience in your life.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Megan · Married on 04/05/2018

My husband and I reserved Villa Punto de Vista for our wedding. We couldn't have picked a more perfect location to host ourselves and wedding party for our special event. The pictures do not do this place justice! What is even more incredible than the luxury Villa and its suites (if you could even imagine) is the lush tropical oasis it is nestled in - which you truly don't get an appreciation for just from the pictures. We saw way more monkeys and wildlife "in our own backyard" at the Villa than we did when we toured the National Park. The views from this Villa are unparalleled. Each room takes full advantage of the outdoor surroundings with their huge windows. You feel like you are outside when you are in your room. Each room is unique but offers the same luxury. The pool is where we spent a lot of time cause you can relax and watch the wildlife. I have never in my life stayed at such an amazing and unique place. We had 43 people come from the US to attend our destination wedding and everyone was in complete awe of this Villa. Well worth the trip for all of them!
    Manuel Antonio is a wonderful tropical beach side mountain town - you get everything! Plenty of places walking distance. The beach that is walking distance from the Villa (10 min) is incredible which is why we had our ceremony there, followed by a dinner reception at the Villa. There are plenty of near-by stores, restaurants, ATMs, attractions, etc. The Villa has its own ATV which made transport to the beach very simple.
    The staff literally caters to your every need. They do everything - Laundry, cleaning, bar service, concierge, dinner reservations - and the gourmet breakfast they prepare each morning is out of this world! Our favorite part was the Guanabana Mimosas! The view from the 4th floor breakfast area makes you feel like you are in a dream.
    Overall, I can't say enough about the Villa, the staff and the location!!!
    Beyond words!!!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Lindsey · Married on 02/05/2018

Amazing venue. Gorgeous and so inexpensive for the quality of everything. It's true luxury. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Michelle · event on: 01/17/2018

Villa Punto de Vista (PDV) has a special place in our hearts because it was the location for our destination wedding in October 2012. Prior to selecting our wedding location, we searched throughout both Latin America and the Caribbean and there was no comparison when we found PDV. It was the perfect Romantic and unforgettable getaway to host our wedding party and our closest family and friends. In total we had 50 people from around the globe attend our wedding and the owner of the villa was kind enough to make additional travel and lodging recommendations in the vicinity to accommodate all of our guests.

The villa itself is a work of art made with superior architectural design, beautiful culture artifacts and luxurious finishes. The vistas from the comfort of your room are unmatched.

Recently we had the opportunity to return in January 2018 with our two sons (ages 2 & 3) to share this intimate experience with our children (minus the 50 ppl). We received a homecoming reception upon our return for much of the staff remember us from our first trip and welcomed our sons as their own.

We honestly didn’t think that our second trip would surpass our initial mind blowing experience but it did just that! The owner continues to reinvest in the villa adding upgrades to provide the best of luxury and convenience for large events and intimate gatherings. Every morning we experienced the best breakfast in Costa Rica, cooked by Chef Yessenia.

The owners and the staff are definitely one of the best parts of the experience of PDV. Their hospitality and class are top notch. They embody the Costa Rican philosophy of “Pura Vida.”They are so kind and truly make you feel like you are apart of the PDV family. We highly recommend this Five Star experience and anticipate our return in the future.

Forever grateful, Marcus and Michelle Roberts! ~ January 2018

Sent on 01/26/2018

Daphanie · Married on 11/03/2017

We live in San Francisco.. and I left a piece of my heart in the Punto De Vista Villa. The property is beyond imagination but the staff truly make the villa one of a kind. From the beginning the architect/ owner David made us feel welcome and was excited for us. Before arrival, Gloriela arranged everything! Seriously, our chef meals, the grocery list, room assignments, our excursions, all our transportation and made sure every small detail was planned and smooth. Once we arrived we met the family/ team that runs the villa on the ground.

We were met with cocktails, cool towels and a welcome hug! We had a fantastic tour of the Villa by Olivier where all our guests were in awe by their rooms and awesome amenities.We ended up gathering on the roof top for cocktails and a view that can't be replicated. Our Chef Desiree was on site setting up dinner and appetizers. Olivier departed for the night and we met Jossue and the night security team. Jossue handled all our night time needs, getting taxis, fixing systems like A/C, held umbrellas for us during the rain, ordered pizza delivery for sunday night football and laughed with our family.

Each day we woke up to coffee and breakfast. Yessenia and Rosita became like aunties to me. Rosita would hold my baby girl at meal times so that everyone could eat and enjoy. Yessenia made unbelievably great breakfast.

At this luxury villa, it's luxurious but the people are genuine and loving. There were so many behind the scenes staff members.

The day of our wedding the entire team celebrated with us. When I walked by the kitchen in my dress the girls all congratulated and hugged me.
    David called and talked to us one afternoon. We're excited about his next projects, the man is a genius.

We didn't want to leave the Villa. It brought many tears to leave. We will be back hopefully soon to have coffee with all my friends in the most wonderful home away from home.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Hope · event on: 11/03/2017

My experience with Villa Punto de Vista was an exceptional; from the gorgeous estate, to the attentive service, delicious food and perfect location. No need to look any further!!

Sent on 01/30/2018

John · event on: 10/26/2017

With the rainforest on one side and the ocean on the other, Villa Punto de Vista has stunning views from every room. We saw many animals during our Costa Rican adventures, but the most memorable was the sloth which made its way (slowly) across a rope right in front of the villa! Its geometric architecture suggests a ship floating on the sea, and the engineering required can be appreciated by all. And the fresh mahi-mahi served by the chef was particularly delicious! We went at the end of the rainy season, and in my opinion it's the best time to go!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Lisa · event on: 07/29/2017

14 of us (ages 16-80) travelled to Punto de Vista for the 80th Birthday of both my parents. It was an exceptional trip in every way. The Villa, the staff, food, views, the service, excursions.......we have been all over the world and have had many family vacations and this was one of our favorites! The location of the Villa was perfect.......views of the ocean and wildlife and very private but close to the beaches and town. Thank you to Oliver and the entire staff for making this such a special week for our parents!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Timothy · Married on 06/05/2017

The photos simply do not do justice to the breathtaking beauty of the Villa and its location. Even after looking at photos, you still could not help but be stunned speechless the moment you arrived. To add to our wonder, the moment we arrived, Oliver and his staff were eagerly waiting with a warm greeting and excited to point out a sloth awaiting us as well, positioned so perfectly centered over the infinity pool that it took us a moment to realize that she actually was real! From that first overwhelming perfect moment of arrival, the Villa and its staff never ceased to continue to far exceed all of our expectations and maintain that level of perfection. We couldn't be happier with our decision for a wedding venue and were thanked over and over by many of guests for choosing Villa Punto de Vista and giving them the opportunity to explore such a magical place in one of very favorite countries anywhere in the world. A colleague of mine commented to me how much he and his wife felt a likeness to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater, which is very close to our homes, and I had to laugh because Tim & I had commented on the same connection to nature and being one with its environment that was so important to Frank Lloyd Wright in Fallingwater's design and is so evident in your design of Villa Punto de Vista.

We can't possibly thank you, Oliver, Jossue (spelling?), Rosita and the rest of the team enough for everything in our experience, and certainly would love to visit you all again. I would never have imagined that we could choose the perfect wedding venue without having ever seen it before hand, but I am so very thrilled to be able to say that we did.

Sent on 06/17/2017

David · Married on 01/25/2017

The Villa Punto De Vista was not only our home for a week while we stayed in Manuel Antonio, but it was also the venue for both our wedding reception & rehearsal dinner. We can't even put into words what this place is like - it's too beautiful, the team there (Jose, Oliver, Rosita .. and more!) are too gracious, kind, and helpful, and pictures/videos/or even this review can't really explain it. We were in paradise from the moment we arrived up until the last very second that we left. Our group will talk about this place for years and years. The people that keep it running are the most wonderful and caring human beings - they really put their hearts into making your stay unimaginably wonderful. We were minutes from the beach - Playa Payitas (which in our opinion is the BEST beach) - the wild life that visits & surrounds the Villa is exactly what you are hoping for - you really feel like royalty there... we felt like Beyonce.. or Mariah Carey... we couldn't believe we were there haha! I'll just say it again, nothing I say can really explain what a wonderful place this is. Our wedding was far beyond what we could have dreamed up and it was the perfect place to have it. It was perfect & we will definitely find a reason to come back.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Karl · Married on 01/21/2017

I attended a wedding in January at this villa. I've stayed a villas from Jamaica to Greece and this hands down this was the most beautiful and majestic of them all.
    Wildlife, cool breezes, a villa that pays attention to detail and Oliver the butler is the best in the business. Amazing wedding hosts!!
    The views rival anywhere in the world. I would just like to say thank you. Bride and groom were very happy as was everyone at the wedding.
    I booked a group for 2018 and look forward to coming back!

Sent on 01/24/2017

The Villa is architecturally extraordinary and it is situated perfectly within a very short walk to the beach and Manuel Antonio's National Park. The views of the Pacific Ocean are stunning from everyone room in the Villa. The staff led by Oliver and Jossue make you feel at home and are incredible helpful and accommodating with any request. It was truly a magical venue for the perfect couple. Anyone who is looking for destination wedding, look no further.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Sami · Married on 01/16/2017

Best Villa to have a wedding. The Staff, Host, and Villa are beyond words. Everything exceeded our expectations and left me with some of the best memories one can have. This is THE Hidden Gem of Costa Rica. Five Stars all around. Thank you Villa Punto De Vista for making our wedding so special. You're the best!

Sent on 01/26/2017