The American Croatian Lodge Reviews

The American Croatian Lodge 6
The American Croatian Lodge 7

Lauren Miller · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding May 25th 2019

The staff was very accommodating. The food was delicious and my guests raved about it! They met all of our needs and made our day easy. The room was beautiful and spacious! We are very pleased with your venue!! Thank you again!!!

Sent on 06/08/2019

andrea · Married on 05/05/2018

Everything was top notch! Beautiful hall, excellent food and service.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Jaime · Married on 05/05/2018

We have used the Croatian Lodge for we over 12 years and each year they keep getting better. From their service to their space to their menu- they find a way to improve your experience each time.

Sent on 05/22/2018

Sharon · Married on 04/25/2018

The Christ Child Society of the Western Reserve Red Wagon Luncheon Fundraiser was a huge success here on April 25, 2018. Over 670 guests enjoyed the luncheon and our guest speaker, author and Cleveland 19 News Anchor Romona Robinson. The management of the American Croatian Lodge was a pleasure to work with and accommodated all our requests. It's a beautiful venue for a large event!

Sent on 05/23/2018
    The American Croatian Lodge 14
    The American Croatian Lodge 15
    The American Croatian Lodge 16

Ante · Married on 04/21/2018

I cannot say enough great things about this venue and the service!! The banquet hall has been recently renovated and is beautiful. Beyond that the service, food, and entire experience was first class. The cost was much less then other venues in the area we looked at too!!!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Karen · Married on 04/27/2018

They are really great people to work with and they actually care about your event. We had a reverse raffle and the young man went and got us change at the local store because we needed it for the raffle. WHO does that?? The food is good but wish we could change the dessert once and a while. We have used this hall 5 times now and would not go any where else for our fund raisers.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Daveda · Married on 04/14/2018

I used this venue to host an adult pageant. Everyone from the contestants to the pageant team to the guests were extremely impressed by how beautiful the venue looked. From the beginning, Ivan and his team were very professional, responsive and just all around great! I am looking forward to hosting more events here and I've told everyone about it! Keep up the good work guys!!!!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Annmarie Palermo · Married on 04/05/2019

1.6
      3.0
      2.0

Rude rude service

When I entered the hall before the bride and groom go there it was HOT. It felt like the air conditioner was never turned on. But my thought was maybe it was on and it just didn't cool down yet. Usually you need a jacket when you first walk into a reception hall. My son had ordered pies for desert. When I walked in all of the pies were piled on the table still in their boxes. They looked like a stack of boxed lunches. The server started yelling at me saying " I never heard of this. I don't know what to do with these. You do what ever you want with them"". I had to take all of the pies out of the boxes and set them up before the bride and groom came in. The guests were already entering and I was putting out pies on the desert table. Didn't we pay for a service? The pie stands were placed on the table empty. What do you think you do with pies? You take them out of the boxes and place them on the pie stands. And then she yelled at me for putting the boxes in the bags and putting under the table so we could use them if there was left over pie later. They were not visible there and the boxes for the center pieces were under there. She said I couldn't put them there and took them in the kitchen. I told her "Don't throw them away so we can use them if there is left over pies after the wedding". I found them at the end of the wedding all crumpled in the garbage. We were also told pastries were included. They put a small plate of pastries on the table. I think I counted eight pieces. For a wedding?? We paid for those pastries. We asked for a high chair for one of our grandchildren and she said "We don't have any and I don't have time to look for one. You can check in the back"". And walked away. The bride's mother asked for more butter and they took it off of the bridal table. The mother of the bride said she was afraid to ask for anything because the servers was so nasty. As for the heat we asked them why it was so hot in there and if the air conditioning was on. The bar tender says "Oh, we can turn on the air for you" really? This was after dinner two hours into the reception. It should have been turned on BEFORE we even got there. They also refused to turn down the ceiling lights one side of the hall and over the dance floor. They said because the bartender had to see. It was so bright and hot that the pictures turned out terrible. Everyone was sweating and our hair was wet and sticking to our foreheads. The DJ, photographer, bride and groom and guests all requested to have the lights turned down and they refused. Get some BAR LIGHTS if the bar tender needs to see. I have been to a wedding there before and the lights were not on full force. I never heard of this. It was a fun wedding but terrible service. Worst ever. Hot and I needed sunglasses to keep the lights from blinding me. We are the guests and we paid for the service. The guests request should be top priority. The servers were very rude and not accommodating at all. Oh and we had to collect the center pieces and candles at the end of the wedding from all of the tables. They could have at least collected them and brought them to one side of the room so we could pack them up. RUDE RUDE RUDE. And the only reason everything was set up the way it was is because the bride had to hire someone to put out her center pieces and entrance table. They said they only put on the table clothes and place settings. The food wasn't too bad. We did not want to let the bride and groom know this was going on as we wanted them to enjoy their day. And they did. But they also paid for service and requests for a pie table to be set up, lights to be turned down and air conditioning turned on wasn't much to ask.

Sent on 05/31/2019