Villa Capri on Clear Lake Reviews

1 User photo

• Jackie
    Jackie W. Married on 03/04/2021

Spring Wedding Success

Rafi's and her team are so great to work with. We did entire wedding without expense of a planner and it was pulled together beautifully. Highly recommend for any event; wedding, reunion, birthday, anniversary, etc... Very family oriented, and food was great, beyond expectations! Thanks for making my daughters day so special!
    Larry Married on 10/27/2017
    We love this venue so much, our family has booked 5 weddings and one birthday party there! Ambience is off the charts! Erica is a GEM to work with. Her eye for detail and execution makes the event flow perfectly. Highly recommend!!!
    Bronwyn Married on 04/05/2014
    Casa Mia at Villa Capri was absolutely perfect for our wedding ceremony and reception. I loved the simplicity and the service I got from David and Sam was wonderful and they made every effort to take care of my guest as well as myself and my new husband. The weather was "iffy", but we got lucky and it was a perfect evening. Villa Capri was prepared to made it special regardless! The food was fantastic! I got lots of great comments from everyone on the buffet style Italian meal. I will definitely use Villa Capri for future events.
  • User875952 2+ years ago
    Villa Capri provides a gorgeous setting for a wedding or wedding reception. The Casa Mia house opens on to a lovely courtyard and gardens overlooking Clear Lake. The food is delicious with lots of choices available primarily Italian/Mediterranean pasta and seafood served buffet style. They also provided the beautiful wedding cake - a yummy Italian cream cake. The staff was very attentive to our needs.
    Cheryl Married on 01/23/2011
    We had our winter wedding and reception here 2 years ago. Such a cozy , romantic place with great hospitality and service as well as excellent food ! We visit there often and on our anniversary . Very quaint , reasonable and a gorgeous place to spend on your special day ! We are very happy with our choice to marry here! Visit you won't be sorry !
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 10/17/2010
    AMAZING! For one of the most important aspects of the wedding, you want to be sure you get someone great. We could not be happier with Villa Capri. Its been almost a month now and I'm still getting compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was, how delicious the food was, how accommodating the staff was, etc. We held both the ceremony and reception outdoors on the patio at sunset. Everything went off absolutely perfectly. Seriously, it could not have run smoother from Villa Capri's end. All of our decorations were set up exactly as we had requested. There was ample staff to make sure that my guests didn't want for anything. The owners of the restaurant personally came around to all the tables to make sure everyone was being taken care of. And oh my goodness, the food was awesome. So many people are still telling me it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever attended. The best part was the price - What an awesome value! It ended up being less than half of what several other venues in town quoted us, and in my opinion the facility has so much more ambiance than all those places! If you are looking for a great indoor/outdoor venue I strongly recommend this place, at least go have dinner there and check it out!
    Jackie W. Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Venue, LOADS of history!

They have been very good to work with us and assist where we had no clue what to do. They offered recommendations, but were not pushy. I do recommend contacting by phone, they were more responsive with that than with the website.
  • User2115631 2+ years ago
    I booked this venue for my upcoming wedding and I've been very pleased with their help and options. They are extremely very reasonably priced for the venue, and their catering is moderate. The location is beautiful, with inside and outside parts of the venue as well as a possibly ceremony site on the water. They provide a lot of basics and allow many add-ins for your own decorations. Plus, they have a ton of parking which is great!
    Judith Married on 09/04/2016
    The food was good, the staff was nice, but my experience with their coordinator was not the best. Had my baby shower there in their Casa Mia room back in April and everything was great for the most part. Erica, their coordinator said one thing and did another after the event passed. She mentioned verbally multiple times that we would get our deposit back (it was more of a hold from what she said on her email) and she backed out of returning it to us. I asked if we needed to sign anything and she said no. HUGE mistake. She basically called us liars and claims she never said the things she said. Please make sure you get a written contract if you decide to rent out their location. She told me one price and then it's doubled when it was time to charge the event. She sounded confused and was like "oh did I give you the other price?" when I asked her about it. After it's all said and done I ask about the deposit refund (which she said she would originally refund when I talked to her about it 2 weeks ago) she comes back and says it was not approved and they will not refund it. At that time she then says she did ME a favor by giving us a discount on the food, when in fact the price was given to me over email and then claims it should've been a completely different price that wasn't listed anywhere on any paperwork. Do yourself a favor and sign a contract to prevent this happening to you!

• User2178564 2+ years ago
    This place is unreal. I booked an event and had a contract in place and this restaurant calls me 3 days before the event to tell me they double booked. I already had invitations sent and arrangements made, RSVPs received, etc. The owners did nothing to make it right and I was in shock left with just 3 days to find another venue another notify tge entire guest list of the change. Ot was an absolute nightmare!!!! I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. The way they do business is unbelievably unprofessional and I'd warn anyone to steer clear of this place - ESPECIALLY for an event.