Victorian Belle Reviews

Victorian Belle 7
  • Alyx

Alyx Tacke · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing venue!

I absolutely feel like one of the best choices we made was to have our wedding at this venue. To begin with, it is STUNNING. All of our pictures turned out amazing from the beautiful scenery and all of our guests raved about how beautiful it was. Our wedding was also a huge blast. I had several people tell me it was the most fun wedding they'd ever been to. Part of this was the space, which allowed for a lot of movement and activities (exploring the amazing house, yard games, dancing, etc).

Also, the staff was really incredible throughout the process. They were very responsive to all my questions and inquiries and made me feel like I was in good hands the whole time. Also, I have a very large and loud family and the staff handled them with grace and efficiency and I appreciate it so much. Thank you Taylor and staff

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Victorian Belle 11
    Victorian Belle 12
    Victorian Belle 13

Cheryl V Koller · Married on 03/19/2019

A gem of a venue

Our guests could not get over how they missed this gem! we had a 50th Vow Renewal and the Venue made sure it was every bit as beautiful as a wedding. The food was delicious and the staff was so accommodating. It was a special day . I am trying to think of something so we can use the venue again. This beautiful mansion is a must see for a venue.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Mary Juergens · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful and Worth It!

Beautiful Venue with outstanding staff! Loved the food and the extras! We added the French fry bar, the s'mores firepit and the Italian soda bar and it was so worth it. We also had outdoor games and the children (and adults) socialized much more than is usual at weddings. The bride and groom spent that night at the venue in a gorgeous old-fashioned room and had breakfast there the next morning. It was a wonderful experience for the couple and for all of us!

Sent on 11/03/2018
  • Leigh

Leigh Terhaar · Married on 09/23/2018

Gorgeous Venue!

The Victorian Belle is the perfect wedding venue! We had such an amazing experience. We loved that it is not only a gorgeous setting, but that they do the catering as well. We were so happy that they took care of the set-up and breakdown of tables, chairs, linens, etc. The staff is so helpful, accommodating, and kind. Joe (director), Jessica (day of coordinator), and Jeff (chef) were all quick to answer questions, assist in any way possible, and help us have a beautiful, stress-free wedding day. They went above and beyond to make sure we had a perfect experience. For example, they provided vegan dishes for some of our guests, and hunted down the mother-of-the-groom’s lost glasses. Our guests continue to comment on how gorgeous the Victorian Belle was, how much they enjoyed the food, and how they loved exploring the inside of the house, as well as the amazing grounds. We would definitely recommend the Victorian Belle!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jourdan · Married on 05/26/2018

Joe, Jade, and Jessica are absolutely wonderful! The property is just stunning, my husband and I toured it a year in advance, and knew it was "the one". Our guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful the garden and house were. I knew I wanted a location where guests could mill around doing various things (and not have the attention focused solely on my husband and I), and the Victorian Belle was just that. The huge garden, patio, gazebo, and the house itself, take you on a tour. The chef was fantastic when we had our meal tasting there, and definitely delivered on the day of our wedding. I couldn't be more pleased with the way things went. Jade kept everyone on schedule, and kept the day flowing smoothly. As nervous as I was, Jessica brought me ginger ale and various snacks in bed, and left me with a pep-talk and her phone to play music to calm my nerves before I got ready. I would recommend the Victorian Belle to any and everyone.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Erin · Married on 09/07/2017

If you're looking for a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere for your wedding, look no further. Both the venue and staff at Victorian Belle are amazing - easy to work with, professional, responsive, and full of helpful recommendations. Cannot say enough great things about this venue!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Juan · Married on 03/03/2017

our wedding wouldnt have been the same without you guys!!

Sent on 03/31/2017

Kristyn · Married on 04/16/2016

We chose The Victorian Belle for it's unique & beautiful atmosphere as well as the great location in Portland. We were also very excited that they cook all their own food onsite (current chef used to work at Portland City Grill), they have their own day of coordinator, the gazebo & walkway are covered (just incase it rained) and all linens (with different color options for napkins), tables, white chairs, glasses, plates etc. are included. With such a beautiful location I only needed a handful of decorations! Which makes wedding planning so much easier.
    Both Joe & Laura were very responsive with all the questions I had during the process and sent emails to remind me when certain decisions had to be made. They were ROCKSTARS on the day of the wedding and made sure everything went smoothly. I did not have one thing to worry about! There were things I didn't even ask them to do but they just got it done. This was extremely helpful as I was able to experience my wedding day stress free and soak it all up.
    The FOOD! It was simply delicious. Do not pass up on the shrimp & fruit cup appetizer and the mac 'n cheese. The salmon and chicken were perfectly cooked and not dry at all. The vegetables were fresh. The salads had a great combination of flavors. The chef truly takes a lot of pride in his work. Also, they let you take the leftovers home! They do not let anything go to waste.

I HIGHLY recommend The Victorian Belle for any special event. They provide a truly unique and beautiful experience that we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

p.s. There is a pool table in the grooms room. At every other establishment I visited the groom kind of gets forgotten, but not here. They have a fantastic area to hang out in while getting dressed and waiting for the festivities to begin.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Kate · Married on 07/14/2018

Staff at the Victorian Belle were GREAT! Especially Jade, "Rabbit", and Joe. They answered all my nit-picky bride questions and made me feel at ease the day of the wedding. They had it all figured out and had quick tricks to fix things if need be! The food was wonderful, the grounds were spectacularly beautiful, and the service was exceptional. Definitely recommend checking them out for a wedding venue!

Sent on 07/24/2018
  • Whitney

Whitney Johnson · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful venue that you and your guests will remember

So many of our guests kept telling us throughout our wedding, "This venue is SO BEAUTIFUL" and asked us how we found it. Honestly, we found the Victorian Belle online by chance. We knew we wanted to have an outdoor wedding and we knew that we were only going to have somewhere between 75-100 guests. This venue is perfect for smaller weddings. Even though they can accommodate larger weddings, there is something especially intimate about the stately white Victorian house, the two beautiful gardens, and the large open-air gazebo that invites guests in for dancing (or serves as a rainy-day back up plan for your ceremony space). The property recently changed event management companies, with Taylor and Lauren being the two folks you'll meet with as you plan your special day together. They are super friendly, and want to make your special day flow as smoothly as possible. They have a new chef too, who we thought was super talented, so check our their revamped offerings in the months to come. Also, catering comes as a package deal with your venue rental, so that can be a plus or minus for some folks (it was a plus for us so we didn't have to worry about finding our own caterer!). And the bar /alcohol and permits are all handled by the venue too. You can bring in your own cake/wedding desserts though!

I would definitely recommend checking this venue out for your wedding if you want a beautiful outdoors space, that also has a lot of flexibility as to where you want to stage everything (and where your guests can hang out throughout the night). There are lots of little nooks and crannies as well for great photo ops throughout the day/night too. Oh! And it's super convenient to get to. It's right off the Columbia Blvd. exit on I-5. And there is a Max station only about a four-minute walk away, so guests that want to have a little extra to drink during the wedding, don't have to worry about driving. There are two parking lots across from the venue as well, and street parking for those coming in cars.

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 06/30/2019

Gorgeous venue for a fun elegant, yet laid back event

We had an amazing time at our wedding at the Victorian Belle. The grounds were gorgeous, the food was delicious and all made our day truly magical. The staff was really wonderful at being flexible in adjusting our timeline to accommodate some late comers due to the Portland traffic which allowed everyone important to us to be able to see our special day. We are so happy with how the day turned out. Thank you Taylor and Nolan for all your hard work in making our event a success!

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Victorian Belle 14
    Victorian Belle 15
  • lorelli992

Laurel · Married on 07/21/2018

The Victorian Belle is stunning! With such an amazing venue, we hardly did any extra decorating and all our guests were impressed! Jade and Joe were such a big help. They handled everything day of.

Victorian Belle does their own catering, and their chef is on point! The food was delicious, fresh, and abundant! At the end, there was a lot of food left over. The staff packed it in individual lunch boxes for guests and family to take home. We brought several of these packed lunches over to some shelters to donate. The packaging made that easy.

Highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Mary · Married on 08/05/2018

Victorian Belle is a gorgeous place! We got married two weeks ago and our guests continues to rave about how beautiful the venue was. It is such a romantic atmosphere and most people felt it was a hidden gem. You won't be disappointed with pictures at this place!

Jessica (day of coordinator) and Joe (director) helped us from the beginning. They were both fantastic, not only at their job, but also very personable. We felt comfortable emailing them questions and they were quick to respond as well. Jessica made notes of every detail and even suggested a few ideas we didn't even think of. She was the sweetest and offered to help us in anyway possible.

Their in house chef Jeff is AMAZING! His homemade croutons are one of the best we've ever had. It was perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Almost everything we tasted were so yummy, it made it difficult to decide what to serve at our wedding. Fantastic job!!

Victorian Belle's entire staff went beyond our expectations, from making sure everything went smoothly, to the wait staff, and the bartender. Everyone was so nice and helpful, our wedding couldn't have gone any better than this!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Jaycee · Married on 07/30/2016

The Victorian Belle venue is amazing! The grounds are well maintained and the staff is always attentive and ready to help get what you need done! The onsite catering was amazing! The food was hot and the buffet line worked out great! Laura and Joe are also great to work with and want to make sure that your wedding day goes as well as possible and work hard to make sure you are keeping to your timeline! The house is also great to get ready in for both the groom and the bride, especially in the hot summer months as they have lovely air conditioning! Overall my experience with them was great and we could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 08/01/2016

3.5

Our wedding is in September and we are very excited to have it at The Belle! Joe has been fantastic in helping us, he always answers my e-mails promptly and is very friendly and professional, we are really excited for our wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/13/2015

We really enjoyed having our wedding at Victorian Belle. It is stunningly beautiful (meaning you don't have to do much decorating!), and there are a variety of places to have your ceremony depending on the size of your wedding. Joe and Laura were very helpful during the planning process, and helped the day to progress smoothly. Their staff does all the set-up and tear down, so we arrived to everything set up as we had requested, and they broke down all tables/chairs after the wedding. All linens and dishes are included in the price as well.

The advice I would give:
    - Ensure you have enough time for everything, and consider purchasing extra time. Our day was a little rushed because the ceremony started late.
    - Rent audio equipment for your ceremony. The ambient noise was loud enough that many of our guests had a hard time hearing the ceremony.
    - Ask Laura any questions that come up. She is super helpful!

Sent on 11/28/2015

3.5

Joe and Laura were great. They were helpful and considerate, professional and honest. Everything Joe told me he followed through on. He was great. Laura was very kind and considerate. It was a gorgeous venue, the flowers were beautiful the place looked fabulous everyone loved the location. The gazebo and dancing more fantastic. Had to deal with a downpour during the dinner so the food was not served in a very timely fashion and it was cold. They need to do some more work with the chef on plated meals. However, everyone loved the evening. It truly was magical and a delightful evening. Would use this location again. So thankful we paid for the walls on our tent. Helped to keep all the guests dry and made for a very intimate dining experience.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Maria · Married on 05/28/2016

We just had our wedding at Victorian Belle less than a week ago and it was wonderful. So happy with the memories made at this venue.

The Victorian Belle was gorgeous in the springtime and perfect for a Saturday afternoon wedding. We had our wedding ceremony in the gazebo and the reception on the lawn and it was perfect. However, it was comforting to know that Laura had alternate plans ready in case of rain- that really put me at ease.

We had a brunch and the food was sooo good- the chef did an amazing job and really worked to come up with a menu we could all agree on. I cannot recommend this chef enough.

Joe and Laura were so helpful and made the entire wedding process easy. They made sure things were running smoothly on the day of the wedding and made life easier during the planning process. I am very thankful for all of their hard work.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Cheryl · Married on 09/02/2017

The garden is beautiful, it is a great location, and the day-of waitstaff were fantastic.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Kristin · Married on 06/11/2016

3.8
      3.0

Joe was very nice when we toured the mansion. They are very helpful and professional and the venue is absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 10/04/2015