Victoria Selman Photographer Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Meghan
    Meghan T. Getting married on 01/09/2023

Ray of sunshine!

Our plans for having a big wedding were completely uprooted when COVID hit and we had to reschedule our "big reception" for September 2021. However, we couldn't wait to get married and Victoria worked hard with us to figure out the perfect photography solution for our June 13th intimate wedding! And boy did she deliver! I am insanely happy with how our wedding photos turned out. Everyone who I've shared them with has mentioned Victoria's talent. We had a blast taking pictures with her, too! Even my husband who despises getting his picture taken had fun! Victoria has such an incredible and unique way of making people feel comfortable in front of the camera and it definitely shows in her work. I rave about her and these pictures to literally anyone who will listen. She are truly the best and I am so thankful that this worked out. BONUS! I get to hang out with her again in September 2021 for our sequel wedding! Nothing but love for this incredible artist.
    Shayma J. Married on 09/05/2021

Dream come true

Words cannot do justice do how talented and incredible Victoria and Hunter are. Almost every single person I know say that our engagement and wedding photos are the best they have ever seen. Victoria and Hunter are special because they share my value of photos as stories, little memories that capture the spirit, emotions, and little moments of the big day. The warmth, creativity, and beauty of their art reflect their personalities and approach. They are so personable and fun and make you and everyone around them feel like giddy friends having an awesome adventure. Seriously-- don't think twice and snag these two if you are so lucky to find them available. It will be your best decision ever!!!
  • Aubrey
    Aubrey D. Married on 10/24/2020

Best in the business!!

Victoria is the BEST in the business and an absolute DREAM to work with!!! I warned Victoria that she had her work cut out for her because my husband and I aren’t big picture takers and would likely need a lot of direction because we’re awkward lol. Victoria made us instantly comfortable during our engagement shoot and we had so much fun!! It felt absolutely effortless and our pictures turned out amazing!

Fast forward to planning a wedding during the covid pandemic.. Victoria was nothing but kind and accommodating when we decided to postpone our big wedding to 2021. We ended up going through with an intimate ceremony on our original date (10/24/2020 — with plans of doing our big ceremony and reception in 2021) and booking Victoria for her elopement package. She helped with EVERYTHING from timeline to letting me bounce decor ideas off her. Everyone present for our little wedding commented on how wonderful she is. Her work speaks for itself, but Victoria is truly a gem inside and out. Easily the best decision and investment we have made for our wedding (both 2020 and 2021!) it’s like working with a best friend you never knew you had!
  • Catherine
    Catherine C. Married on 09/19/2020

The absolute best!

My husband and I did both our engagement photos and wedding photos with Victoria. Not only is Victoria an awesome human being, she has INCREDIBLE talent. I can't begin to explain how highly I recommend her services. Her style is earthy with a touch of vintage. She is SO creative and fun and will get some unique shots. She is super intuitive and really captures the candids so well! She is passionate about what she does and loves making a one-on-one connection to get to know your style. Victoria is quick with her edits and will get your quality photos to you quickly.
    Circe G. Married on 06/06/2020

Victoria is truly an artist

I really can't recommend Victoria more highly. She photographed our wedding at The Line hotel and was fun to work with. She had our photos back to us quickly and we are so happy with the results. She captured a great mix of artistic shots and also fun, candid shots documenting the ceremony/ reception. We are so happy to have such beautiful photos of our wedding.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 11/02/2019

The BEST duo in town!

I can not thank Victoria & Hunter enough! They are the best married duo in town! Victoria helped me so much throughout the daunting planning process. She made sure we were able to get those great shots on a tight schedule! I love their style and everything about our engagement & wedding photos! I would highly recommend them!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 10/19/2019

Book them now!

I planned every detail of my wedding, except for what I wanted my photographer to capture because Victoria and Hunter are that good. From the moment I booked them, they became an imperative asset for all vendor recommendations. Fast forward to the wedding, the minute they walked in the door everything was FLAWLESS. They captured my vision, my details, our bridal party, and our love, perfectly. Not to mention, they were so fun to be around. I am blown away by their work and have received countless compliments. They are truly magic and I wouldn't have been able to capture my wedding the same with anyone else. I can't thank her and her husband enough!
    Harvey S. Married on 10/11/2019

Best in the Biz Wedding Photographer

Victoria is by far one of the best photographers out there! Have you ever had your picture taken for whatever reason and you just felt weird because the process is just plain awkward and this random photographer isn't doing anything to help? Well this was NOT the case with Victoria. We had the pleasure of watching Victoria work at our friend's wedding last summer and knew that we needed to have her at ours. As stated on her website, Victoria is incredibly 'chill' and fun to work with. She made my wife and I feel completely comfortable on our wedding day and she was able to round up our wild families and breeze through family photos in under 30 minutes. I can't express how much we loved having Victoria at our wedding. She's a gem, hire her.
  • Megan Lord
    Megan Married on 09/28/2019

Wonderful photography

I can’t say enough great things about Victoria and her second photographer and husband, Hunter. They were so wonderful to work with and have left many of my guests saying my photos look like they belong in a magazine. I chose not to hire a videographer, and instead hire an exceptional photographer and I’m so glad I did. Thank you guys!
    Lauren Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing photos, amazing people

Victoria was the most amazing photographer we could of EVER asked for. Our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos were absolutely beyond anything we could of ever imagined. Our family and friends have shown our pictures to everyone they know and even people they don't ! Victoria and her husband Hunter are incredible people and amazing to work with- we can not speak highly enough of these two. They catch the most intimate and candid moments and make a story out of your day. Never a dull moment and we have gained not only amazing life memories with Victoria but lifelong friends!
  • Paige
    Paige Married on 07/06/2019

There is no one better.

Victoria & her husband Hunter are kind, sweet, funny and incredibly talented! Working with them was effortless, and we loved every minute! We can’t say enough good things about these incredible humans. Our wedding photos are everything we imagined and more. From the first time we met Victoria at a coffee shop, we knew right away that we wanted to be best friends with her, although I’m sure everyone that meets her feels the same. We met Hunter for the first time on our wedding day, but it felt like catching up with an old friend. They both have an incredible aesthetic – even our engagement photos with Victoria were pure magic! We didn’t even bother looking any further with our search for a wedding photographer. They were our first and last choice. Do yourself a favor, look through some of their photos on Victoria’s website and see for yourself. Victoria also had ALL our wedding photos to us sooner than expected!– and they look AMAZING.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing and fun!

Victoria and her husband were perfection! They helped us feel so comfortable and got some amazing photographs that we requested as well as what they thought of! We loved working with them!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 04/13/2019

Victoria Selman is pure magic

As a couple that holds aesthetics in the highest regard, spends excessive amounts of time staring at frozen images, and harbors a spiritual like appreciation of atmosphere, our expectations in a wedding photographer were perhaps impossible to meet. Enter Victoria Selman Photography, who we hired on the spot. Victoria and Hunter’s work speaks for itself, and you get the bonus of having two genuinely beautiful humans with unlimited charisma on board to document your special day. The thoughtfulness and professionalism of the two is inspiring. They have a way about always being situated in the right places- for the big focal moments, the silly candid ones, and all of the magical whisperings that gently precipitate throughout. They could build rapport with a stone, and probably get it to smile. The robust collection of images they captured and promptly delivered to us are lovingly admired on a daily basis. Not only were our expectations met, they were exceeded, and it felt like we made a few friends along the way.
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 03/16/2019

Victoria and Hunter are THE BEST

I can't say enough about Victoria and Hunter. Our engagement and wedding photos were exactly what we wanted; I'm having trouble deciding which to have framed for our house. From the very start, Victoria was so easy to work with and really took time to understand what we wanted in wedding photos. On the day of, she was so well prepared and directed the portraits like a champ. I'm not someone who feel very comfortable in front of the camera, but Victoria and Hunter made everything so easy and it felt so natural. Also, her blog posts and magazine emails are so cool; I've taken so many ideas from her posts and writings. When you hire Victoria, not only do you get amazing photography, but it feels like you get included in this awesome community. If you haven't hired Victoria as your wedding photographer yet, YOU SHOULD!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 10/20/2018

Unparalleled

Victoria Selman Photographer is simply unparalleled.
    I came across Victoria on Instagram about 6 months into wedding planning. My fiancé and I were not enjoying the wedding planning process and decided to elope. We immediately fell in love with Victoria’s work as we perused her instagram page. I sent Victoria a message and within 10 minutes we were on the phone. From the moment I spoke to her I felt all the stress and anxiety leave. We got married in Sedona, AZ 5 weeks later. The day was perfect and would not have been possible without Victoria. We are so pleased with our pictures, and cannot thank Victoria enough. Victoria captures love as the adventure it is, not just a posed picture. I look at our photographs daily and continue to receive endless compliments on them! I recommend Victoria Selman Photographer not just for her authentic, gorgeous photography but as a real life, down to earth, person that happens to be the best photographer out there!
    Spencer R. Married on 10/13/2018

Our favorite vendor for our wedding!

Victoria and Hunter made our wedding so incredibly special. We had a lot of issues with other vendors, but felt so calm and confident that our day would go smoothly simply because we had them by our side. And everything went even better as planned! Victoria became an instant friend and really gets to know her couples, which makes the photos so personal and special. They are so easy going, but also timely and organized. My husband and I couldn’t recommend Victoria Selman Photography more! A must hire!
  • Kat
    Kat L. Married on 10/07/2018

Beyonce + Kate Middleton + Emma Watson of Photographers? Yep.

I've grown up in the wedding industry, spending over 20 years learning the ins and outs. Victoria is the absolute most empathetic, kind, thoughtful person I've met in the wedding industry and quite possibly on this earth. From the beginning, she was helpful, sincere, and hysterical as we planned out our engagement shoot and wedding logistics.

Whether it a package of homemade soap or inspiration emails, she was a more personalized and wonderful version of Pinterest.

When it came to our wedding day, she was able to navigate my large, blended family, nail every shot IN THE RAIN, all the while telling corny jokes, and dancing the night away. I truly felt like I had an old friend with me throughout the entire experience.

Her second shooter, Hunter, is her photography (and real life!) soulmate. As a married couple, they work so incredibly well together and are able to capture the most beautiful moments. Hunter was amazing with the groomsmen, making everyone feel comfortable and natural. Plus, he has great taste in music!

Victoria sent our entire wedding pictures, completely edited, in record time. She knows how to capture and highlight every moment genuinely.

Finally, a few months after our wedding, my younger brother passed away. Victoria dug up some old photos of him and sent them our way. I've never met anyone as thoughtful as her, truly.

This was the easiest and best decision of my wedding planning. Forever thankful for you, Victoria!
    Liz J. Married on 09/08/2018

Incredible experience!

Victoria was the second vendor we hired after the venue and from the start she was amazing! From our first skype call to the wedding and even after, she has provided amazing guidance, customer service, and always had the answer to my millions of questions about the wedding day timeline. I found her via instagram and fell in love with her organic photography style and knew it would be perfect for our woodsy wedding. Victoria and Hunter were such a calming and welcome presence for me and my husband on our wedding day. Neither of us love being in front of the camera but they made us very comfortable and we had a blast while taking our portraits. I've gotten so many compliments about the photography and I would absolutely hire Victoria again and again. Our photos are stunning and something we will treasure forever.
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 08/24/2018
    Booking Victoria was the first and easiest decision of our entire planning process. She and her husband, Hunter, are an exceptionally warm, funny, thoughtful and artistic team with a divine aesthetic and ability to capture both minute detail and the big picture joy of a wedding. Most notably, they made two gangly dopes feel confident and cute in front of a camera. The absolute best investment of our wedding. Book or be dumb.
    Kc Married on 08/12/2018
    Victoria and Hunter are absolutely incredible. They are not only immensely talented photographers who managed to make two very goofy people look fantastic, but also amazing people. They have a way of making you feel comfortable, even when you're having professional photos taken of you, not something you do everyday! Many of our friends have asked about them and I can't say enough to explain how great they are. We would recommend Victoria and Hunter to anyone looking to get wonderful pictures of a special event!
    Margaret Married on 08/11/2018
    Truly, truly amazing. Victoria and Hunter photographed our wedding and were absolute magic. Not only did the pictures turn out amazingly, but Victoria and Hunter were so easy to work with. It was very important to my husband and I to really live the day and not feel like we were being held for pictures, and Victoria and Hunter made this happen. They captured every detail and magical moment from the big day, including so many details that we missed on the day off. We highly, highly recommend Victoria and Hunter! The absolute best!
  • Shelby
    Shelby Married on 06/23/2018

Beautiful photographs, so much fun and stress free!

Victoria was absolutely the best person to work with on my wedding day!! I could not have asked for a more chill, professional, sweet, and talented photographer. She made every aspect of engagement photos and every step of the wedding day run smoothly and completely stress free. She also made every photo taking experience fun! We never felt awkward in front of the camera and taking photos was a blast! Her work is absolutely amazing, we loved every single picture and received so many compliments from family and friends! I had requested that we get some goofy fun photos of the wedding party and Victoria came up with the coolest idea of forming a dance line and taking pictures of us all dancing, laughing, and joking around. I absolutely love her creativity and willingness to help capture your wedding day exactly as you want it. Victoria and her husband Hunter were amazing to work with and I highly recommend them to anyone!
  • Meghan
    Meghan Married on 06/01/2018
    I'm so late reviewing but here goes! Victoria was an absolute pleasure to work with from the beginning. Kind, knowledgeable and very flexible with our schedule since we were contacting her from out of town. We felt comfortable and special throughout our entire day. All of our friends and family were impressed with the photos. If you're thinking about working with Victoria DO IT!!! You won't regret having a photographer who knows how to capture you at your absolute best.
    Sylvia Married on 05/27/2018
    So I think I'm a little biased as I'm pretty much obsessed with everything Victoria does, but I must admit I couldn't have hoped for a better photographer for our wedding. Not only was our engagement shoot included, but she was hyper response and fun with everything. Plus her and Hunter were absolutely wonderful in planning and completing everything we needed on our wedding day. Our photos are absolutely beautiful and she takes such care with everything she does. If you're getting married, you simply must book with Victoria!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 05/12/2018

Authentic, Positive, Memorable

Victoria is one of the most authentic, positive and inspiring people I know! We shared a special bond (as little & big) in college, and she was the first “wedding vendor” I thought of when planning our nuptials. Not only are Victoria & Hunter’s photography skills absolutely on point, but they brought an aura of tranquility, and vivaciousness, to the big day. Victoria was extremely professional and punctual. She captured both the details and overall essence of the day. We are so grateful that we can now cherish these high-quality (in both resolution & love) images forever. Thank you Victoria & Hunter!!