Victoria Heer Photography Reviews

Victoria Heer Photography 7
  • Kate

Kate Murphy · Getting married on 05/02/2020

Tori is by far the best

I found Tori via a wedding I was in that she photographed. I knew immediately that I would have to have her when I got engaged. She is upbeat, creative and all around amazing, highly recommend.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Kate Lankford · Married on 08/24/2019

You will love every shot!

Tori is AMAZING - she is kind, has a fabulous eye, loves what she does, and is so fun to work with. I hate to be photographed but she made my wedding so incredible, SHE IS SO POSITIVE it is lovely. I was totally overwhelmed on my wedding day, it was emotional, I was tired and hungry - she was just the best. And her communication and follow up before and after are second to none. She even met with me and my now husband before hand so he could meet her and get comfortable with her - that was something that I so appreciated, and it made all the difference when it came time for her to photograph us. I didn't think that I would feel strongly one way or another about pictures, but I am so glad we were able to have her shoot our special day because for once in my life I love looking at pictures of myself.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Daisy

Daisy · Married on 06/15/2019

Unforgettable Wedding Experience with Tori

If you are a bride, groom, mother or father of bride/groom - look NO FURTHER!! Victoria (aka Tori) is your absolute dream photographer-to-be; she will take care of all of your wedding photo needs, including engagement, pre-wedding, rehearsal dinner, tasteful boudoir, and actual wedding day photos.

My now-husband and I live in Houston and got engaged in January 2018; we knew we wanted our wedding to be in Washington, DC in June 2019. That being said, it was going to be a difficult challenge to find all of our vendors who are not local to craft our most special day. The first vendor we looked for was our photographer, as I’ve always heard the best ones sometimes book out more than a year in advance. I stumbled upon Tori through some coworkers and mutual friends who had used her for their own engagement / lifestyle / wedding shoots and was immediately dumbfounded by how comfortable all of my different friends looked behind the lense. As someone who’s rarely been photographed professionally, my main concern was looking too forced, thereby unnatural, in any photos I was going to cherish forever; Tori’s eye behind the lense captures each moment so perfectly poised yet candid that the look in each photo is both effortless and flawless.

After a quick phone chat with her introducing ourselves, we immediately booked Tori. She was charismatic, polite, joyful, and professional. She ensured us that we were in good hands and walked us through the rough timeline of how everything becomes developed leading up to the big day. Honestly, we didn’t really interact a lot with Tori until about a couple months out from the wedding because there was really no need; she crafted an entire timeline of our wedding weekend photography needs and asked for feedback. We were floored by how much detail her timeline went into; every minute of each hour is allocated and she encouraged us to pass along the timeline to our other vendors, family and bridal party so we can all be on the same page.

On the wedding weekend, she made an effort to arrive early to venues (even before us) to scout out perfect photo spots. She met our families and friends - which is very important - as they instantly became more comfortable with her. She stuck to her schedule but was lenient when things went longer than expected, not losing her cool and ensuring none of us even noticed anything - all while making up for lost time by being more efficient with other things in the background. She helped identify areas that had good vs. bad lighting so our large wedding party of 22 could be efficient with posing for beautiful group photos and not wasting our precious time of an already quick day.

At the actual reception, she somehow stayed out of everyone’s way but was also somehow in the middle of everything to make sure each moment was captured. I don’t know how she does it. She listened to our speeches that made guests cry, while also staying professional to her craft and doing her duty to capture those moments and emotions. She danced with us (yes, WITH) because she knows how to enjoy a good time. She felt like a guest at our wedding who was there to celebrate love and family, not a vendor who was doing their job to collect a check.

Although lengthy, I hope this review is honest and fair. We loved having Tori throughout our whole engagement and through our wedding weekend. She and her assistants perfectly blended in and helped us capture the most beautiful weekend of our lives, and for that, we are forever grateful. I hope everyone has as much of a beautiful and fun weekend as we did, and I KNOW Tori is someone who can help bring that to life.

Sent on 06/28/2019
    Victoria Heer Photography 17
    Victoria Heer Photography 18
    Victoria Heer Photography 19

Erin · Married on 05/05/2019

The BEST Wedding Photographer!

Hire Tori. From beginning to end she is an absolute gem to work with. She is professional yet so much fun and her attention to detail and the care she puts in to every meeting and session is out of this world. She made my wedding day absolutely flawless, despite the rain, wind, hail (!) and then beautiful sunset, we managed to get every single photo I wanted + a million more. The feedback I received from my vendors and wedding guests was overwhelmingly positive. They all had something great to say about Tori. She captured every single moment beautifully and authentically. My husband and I are eternally grateful to Tori and her team. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 09/17/2019
    Victoria Heer Photography 20
    Victoria Heer Photography 21
    Victoria Heer Photography 22
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 04/27/2019

We loved working with Tori!

We got married at The Green Building (Brooklyn) in April 2019. We worked directly with Tori after seeing a friend’s wedding photos and being completely blown away with them! Tori was the BEST to work with, we can’t recommend her enough! She was very professional, responsive at emails and was overall very friendly and easy to work with. From our initial FaceTime call with her throughout the entire process, we really hit it off and felt comfortable in front of the camera with her shooting. We really felt like she wanted to get to know us so she could capture truly special photos, not just in and out for the wedding. Tori traveled in from Washington DC to New York for our wedding and arrived a full day before to location scout, get familiar with the venue and the neighborhood, and also met all of the bridal party and immediate family at our welcome reception which was a HUGE help, it made everything go so smoothly on the wedding day. In everything she did, she went above and beyond expectations and also her “contractural” responsibilities. We were living in Europe most of our time while we were planning the wedding, we were lucky enough to be able to link up with Tori while she was in Paris to do our engagement pictures and they were INCREDIBLE! We were so comfortable with Tori on our wedding day, having spent a weekend with her shooting in Paris, it made a huge difference and we were so relaxed around her. As a person, we seriously want to be best friends with Tori!!!! She is such a delight and is great to be around, we already miss working with her! Tori’s second shooter that night, Joi, was also a pleasure to work with! We loved working with Tori, we highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Allison · Married on 10/20/2018

You cannot find a better photographer!

Working with Tori was absolutely one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Not only is she extremely talented and her work exceeded all my expectations, but she is also just a downright awesome person to work with and is there every step along the way to help inspire, direct and advise. I would definitely recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Carey Utz · Married on 08/25/2018

Stop looking!

Seriously, stop looking! If Tori is available, there is no need to look any further for your wedding photographer. This woman is pure magic. A true artist who pours her heart and soul into every couple she works with, Tori also manages to be professional, warm, creative, and makes everyone involved comfortable in the crazy process that is wedding planning. My husband and I are as awkward as they come in photos and Tori worked her magic to make us laugh and cry and act natural to create the most beautiful photos we could have dreamed of. In particular, if you love unique venues, outdoor adventures, and secret gardens- Tori is the one for you! Don't take my word for it, just look at her website or Instagram to see for yourself. I promise you won't regret it.

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Victoria Heer Photography 23

Delaney · Married on 07/13/2018

Tori is an incredibly talented photographer with an equally professional team of assistants and second shooters. She does a fantastic job of making even the most camera-shy couples feel comfortable and gives plenty of cues and suggestions so that you never feel awkward during the photo shoot. We hired her for both our engagement shoot and wedding and the photos we’ve received so far are beautiful. She puts a lot of time, energy, effort, and support into making your day perfect and we couldn’t have asked for anything more!

Sent on 07/15/2018
  • Spring

Spring · Married on 06/29/2018

If you ever have the opportunity to work with Tori, BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY!

Tori is incredibly talented at capturing candid, beautiful and genuine moments and has an amazing eye for every single detail! Even though we're never in front of the camera, she made us feel so comfortable, relaxed and happy, which resulted in gorgeous and natural photos that were a perfect representation of us as a couple (except we looked really, really good!).

We got so many compliments from everyone in the wedding party, family, and people in attendance at our wedding for her professionalism, enthusiasm, and kindness. She really goes above and beyond to make the experience fun and enjoyable, and is always available to answer any question or concern. For an anxious bride like me, she was a saving grace - I had zero qualms throughout the planning process and the wedding day about the photography! Tori is the absolute best- do not hesitate!! We are so grateful and beyond lucky that she was there to capture some of the most important moments of our lives!

-Spring & David

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Victoria Heer Photography 24
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 09/24/2016

Book tori right now!

I'd say the photographer for your wedding is the #1 most important vendor for your wedding. You need someone who will make sure you get all the family photos, details of your wedding, candid photos, the list goes on and on. You need someone who will communicate with you throughout the process and make sure everything is in order before the big day. Well ladies and gentlemen, that will be Victoria Heer Photography. My husband went to high school with Tori and when I saw her work and met her in person I knew I had to book her ASAP. She is absolutely wonderful and will go above and beyond for you for your wedding. Tori communicated with us many times before the big day to make sure we had our timeline all worked out and we made a list of all the family and friend group photos we needed and made sure we got them day of! She even came the day before to check out locations for the wedding day. I love looking at our wedding album now and I remember how hard it was to choose which photos to put in it because they all captured our special day so well. I would highly recommend Tori!

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Victoria Heer Photography 25
    Victoria Heer Photography 26
    Victoria Heer Photography 27
    Victoria Heer Photography 28
  • Jess

Jess Marsh · Married on 10/17/2015

Incredible Photographer and Person

There are a lot of important decisions that go into planning a wedding, but choosing your wedding photographer could be one of the biggest ones because you have these photos to hold onto and look back on for the rest of your life. People usually think about that, but they don’t think about the person behind the lens. (Which in my opinion is the most important part.) I got married in October of 2015 and chose Victoria Heer for my photographer! Tori touched base with us often before the big day, making sure she knew what we wanted captured. On the wedding weekend she was the ultimate professional, while still having fun. She kept us moving without stressing us out. She kept us laughing so that the nerves slipped away. She didn’t know everyone in my wedding party, but by the end of our wedding everyone felt like she was an old friend. And the photos!! Holy cow you guys… this woman is incredible! I still have people come to my house for the first time and see our photos and ask who our photographer was. I can’t recommend her enough and if you are lucky enough to book this amazing woman, I just know you’ll be glad you did!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Victoria Heer Photography 29
  • Claudine

Claudine · Married on 10/02/2010

Work with her professionally

Although I have only worked with you once, I have worked with so many photographers and you stand out at the top! I have been in business professionally since 2012, however my first wedding in 2006. Never until I met you did I witness such a seamless mini boudoir session worked into the beginning of the “getting ready photos” and then off to the first look and wedding! I mean, your photos exude so much candid beauty between these couples, I wish I knew of you back when I got married!

Sent on 06/26/2019