Viansa Sonoma Reviews

Viansa Sonoma 6
Viansa Sonoma 7

Sarah Ng · Married on 09/07/2019

Stunning views

We booked Viansa Sonoma as our wedding venue. We had initially booked under Milestone Events Group, and learned of the management switch to Vintage Wine Estates earlier this year. While we were nervous that there was a switch up in the staff we would be working with, we are so thankful that we ended up in good hands. Ironically, we had a much easier time working with Victoria and the new team. They were super flexible and accommodating with answering our questions with our final payments, and also allowed us to have a couple of tastings to figure out the wines we wanted to serve at our wedding.

Beyond this, the venue itself is stunning. We're talking 360 degree views, with different surroundings and views between the courtyard, the mid-lawn, and the upper deck, and literally every which way you turn! It made for such a beautiful setting for our wedding - our guests were blown away, and it is impossible to take a bad photo.

We can't wait to visit again and relive our wedding day memories!

Sent on 10/20/2019
    Viansa Sonoma 8
    Viansa Sonoma 9
    Viansa Sonoma 10
    Viansa Sonoma 11

Matthew · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I were married on 9/1/2018 at Viansa Sonoma and we worked with Teina as our wedding planner. Aside from the venue being absolutely gorgeous, Milestone Events Group and Teina helped us make our wedding day unforgettable. Teina was an absolute pleasure to work with and she was amazing at helping us coordinate everything. We've received so many compliments from our family and friends about how seamless the wedding was and how all of it ran so smoothly, all thanks to her. We highly recommend Milestone Events Group and especially Teina for wedding planning!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Gemma · Married on 08/11/2016

We cannot thank Kristen and her team enough for such a perfect wedding. We picked Sonoma as a destination wedding primarily for the weather and of course the wine; having never visited Sonoma let alone Viansa prior to booking it was a bit of a leap of faith but it was completely worth it.

Kristen was quick to respond to any of my queries, however silly they sounded and reassured me that everything was organised along the way. We went with an elopement package and the team were happy for us to organise our own officiant, cake and photographer and made sure there timings fit in with the rest of the ceremony.

We thought we probably should make a quick pit stop the day before the big day and were greeted with a tour and plied with plenty of wine.

On the day, Kristen was waiting by the door of the wine cellar to take myself into the bridal suite; my husband was whisked off before we could meet to a lovely area outside. I have to say I felt like a complete superstar, all the staff were communicating via headset as the doors were opened for me to walk down the aisle.

We finished our day with a vineyard tour and wine tasting, well done to Philip for coping with us crazy (and slightly tipsy at that point) Brits; especially dealing with my sister in law who was insistent that basil featured in every wine... it really didn't!

We popped by a few days later before we embarked on our honeymoon (family free!) and were again treated like a VIP; we did not catch his name but one of the tasting staff said he was honoured to have opened the doors for the first time for our wedding. His customer service was absolutely amazing!!

We could not have asked for a better day! Thank you so much for making it so perfect.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Allyn · Married on 07/03/2016

I cannot begin to describe how thrilled we were with our Viansa wedding! After touring a handful of venues in Napa and Sonoma, Viansa was easily our top choice. A winery at the top of a hill, the views of the surrounding wetlands and vineyards are stunning. The new pavilion (which wasn't built when we booked) is absolutely perfect for the reception. And the cost is quite reasonable compared to similar venues in the area.

I grew up in Northern California so wanted to get married there, but now live in Miami, so it was important for us to have a venue that would be easy to work with long distance. So, having an onsite Wedding Coordinator was a huge plus. Kristen was amazing to work with. She responded to all our questions in a timely, helpful manner, worked with us where we wanted to customize our wedding and reception to our tastes, and was extremely helpful the weekend of our wedding. We did a lot of the decorations ourselves, and Kristen and her staff were brilliant at setting up the room beautifully. The day of, Kristen was great about checking on the progress of the event and keeping us stress-free, allowing us to enjoy the evening. She even talked us through the cake cutting, which we had no idea how to do.

You do have to use their caterer and purchase their wines, but don't be put off! All the food through Sage Catering was delicious, and their wines are very good at a reasonable price. My husband and I love the pinot noir and my uncle proclaimed that their sangiovese is one of the best he has had! Pro tip: join the wine club so you can enjoy their different wines before you choose for the wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Thank you Kristen and the rest of the staff at Viansa for helping us have the wedding of our dreams! It truly was the best day of our lives. Picking a venue was our biggest challenge in having a destination wedding and we booked Viansa site unseen after reading great reviews and seeing the beautiful pictures. This turned out to be the best decision we made! Kristen was amazing and walked us through every step of the process no matter how many emails or questions we had. She helped solve problems immediately with a great attitude. On the day of the wedding, we were greeted with sparkling wine and a cheese platter and everything was set up perfect-which definitely eased my nerves! Kristen kept us informed throughout the whole evening of each event. Another aspect of my wedding, which I am so thankful for, was that they dedicated one server to have gluten free food available to me so I would get to eat at the cocktail hour. And the food was so delicious! We received many compliments from our guests. Although the venue is a bit pricey it is totally worth it to have a wedding coordinator that makes the planning process go smoothly and a stress-free wedding day with unbeatable views of the vineyard! Thank you again Kristen for everything!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Erin · Married on 10/04/2015

As a destination bride, I really didn't know what to expect out of the venue on the night of the event. I had visited Viansa for meetings, but I'd never been there during sunset/evening, which is when my wedding would be held. The ceremony started at the perfect moment that the sun was about to set and afterwards cocktails on the patio were slightly lit by the setting sun but also the festoon lighting that perfectly twinkles. It was a fairytale setting. For dinner, the barrel room looked like a scene out of a movie with long king's tables draped with olive branches, florals, and candles everywhere. The dancing took place in the courtyard, which again had twinkle lights, a cigar bar, a fire pit with s'mores, and all the sweet dance moves you could ask for! All in all, the venue was so much more than I could have ever imagined. I myself am an event planner, and Kristen was SUCH an incredible help along the way. I was picky and had lots of questions and Kristen answered them promptly and with a smile each and every single time. She was always ready with resources, contacts, solutions, and a sweet demeanor. My fiance and I were immediately comfortable with her and trusted her every step of the way. I truly feel like I never had the chance to have any bridezilla moments because Kristen was always on top of everything, even from the very beginning stages of planning. She saw my vision and made it come to life. She even held and consoled a crying, screaming ring bearer who wouldn't walk down the aisle while trying to still coordinate the rest of us during the ceremony! I can't thank Kristen enough for making our day absolutely perfect. She's a dream to work with.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 10/03/2015

quickly and throughly. Having not planned a major wedding before, I had a lot of questions and Kristen never seemed bothered by even the simplest of questions. There were no surprises along the way - and nothing was left hanging or unanswered.

But all the details and work she did leading up to the wedding, paled compared to the wedding day! She was simply amazing —especially because 2 hours before the wedding, she received a high-wind advisory—winds were gusting up to 20 mph! The wedding ceremony was scheduled to be held on the upper lawn —she calmly explained the situation and advised that we move the wedding ceremony to the courtyard. She also made the decision to move the cocktail hour partially indoors. Under Kristen’s command and in less than 90 minutes —the entire ceremony —from chairs -to flowers - to decorations to the musicians --was moved to the courtyard! The most remarkable thing? None of the guests ever knew about the last minute change! Kristen was also able to effectively communicate to the entire wedding party all the changes so no one felt confused. By wedding time, the winds had subsided considerably and the wedding went off with out a hitch! My daughter had her fairytale wedding and it wouldn’t have happened without Kristen!

One last thing, in the rush of the evening, my daughter left her wedding bouquet at Viansa. I told Kristen she could give the flowers from the reception to the staff not realizing that included my daughter’s bouquet. Wrapped around the bouquet was the lace from my son in law’s mother’s wedding gown (she had passed away). On Monday, Kristen tracked down my daughter’s wedding bouquet —one of the staff members had it and it will be safely returned to Kaitlin.

I just wanted to let you know what a fantastic wedding coordinator that you have and I hope she receives proper recognition for her hard work and dedication.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Kimmy · Married on 09/18/2015

Words cannot even begin to describe the gratitude I have for Kristen Hardy and her exceptional team at Viansa! After spending about a year planning our destination wedding [from Hawaii], Kristen virtually walked beside me every step of the way. She maintained the highest level of professionalism, while truly getting to know my husband and I and our style and vision for our special day. She was extremely attentive, responding to my calls and emails with lightning speed. She answered every question with not only an answer, but several options – so I was able to visualize and create an event to remember forever. We visited her at Viansa a couple times during the planning process and she always made time to sit and meet with us. Kristen is a very busy woman, but yet through my entire planning process, I honestly felt like she was my own personal wedding planner, catering to me only. It is obvious by the glowing reviews that Kristen makes all her brides feel this special – and that is truly a talent. Kristen went out of her way to ensure every single detail exceeded my expectations. I am a hands-on person, and relinquishing the trust to someone to set up, place and execute my dream wedding initially gave me crazy anxiety. But, trust me, Kristen handled everything as if I would have, down to the smallest detail. I was so relieved on my wedding day, I cried seeing the venue decorated for the first time. Kristen went above and beyond to personalize my experience, and ensure we were satisfied. Viansa is a stunning location to host a wedding – with its breathtaking views, amazing food, delicious wine and extraordinary staff. With Kristen’s meticulous efforts, our dream wedding became a reality last week and I am forever grateful to have had the opportunity to work with such a talented person. Kristen, we could never thank you enough for all your hard work and dedication to make our special day perfect – we are forever appreciative and thankful to have met you!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Lori · Married on 07/15/2015

My husband (Kyle) and I are so grateful that we held our wedding at Viansa. Finding the perfect site was one of the greatest challenges we experienced throughout the wedding planning process. Once we visited Viansa we knew immediately that it had the charm and atmosphere that we wanted for our special day. Our coordinator, Kristen, was the most incredible guide throughout the planning process! She had an answer for every question of mine (and there were many) and was so organized and knowledgable, which made the planning process incredibly easy. She was so attentive to our needs and welcoming of every detail we wanted to include, allowing us to create the perfect day that we had imagined. Further, she was incredible when working with our vendors and went above and beyond to attend to every aspect of the day, we really cannot thank her enough for her commitment to making our day an overwhelming success. We are so thankful for Kristen and everyone at Viansa who was involved in our wedding, the day was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better experience or a more beautiful setting.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Cara · Married on 10/25/2014

Thank you guys for making our very special day so perfect and beautiful! It was everything we hoped it would be and more! Love, Cara and Joel

Sent on 11/03/2014

Masie · Married on 10/17/2014

We got married on a Friday, in October, and lucked out with perfect weather and a really amazing day. Our coordinator at Viansa, Kristen, did a beyond fantastic job along with her staff. Everything ran smooth, we never had a problem hitting the timing of all our events and all of our guests had a great time. Kristen & staff went above and beyond to make sure we (bride & groom) also enjoyed the day and never missed any little detail. The decor and set up looked exactly how I imagined it and we wouldn't have changed a thing! I highly recommend this venue to everyone, it was the perfect spot for a glamorous winery wedding!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Christie · Married on 10/11/2014

I can't say enough about how incredible Viansa was for our wedding ceremony and reception. From day one of the wedding planning process our wedding coordinator Kristen Hardy went above and beyond our expectations. Kristen was so accommodating, patient and really took the time to understand what was important to us for our special day. The day of the wedding everything was PERFECT. The staff was remarkable, the food and wine were so delicious and the entire set up was magical. I would highly recommend Viansa for a Sonoma Valley wedding.

Sent on 11/05/2014
  • SaltTooth

Christine · Married on 09/13/2014

I cannot recommend Viansa (and especially the staff) enough for everything they did to make our wedding perfect. Of course it is one of the most beautiful wineries in Sonoma, with amazing hilltop views of the vineyards and marshlands below. The terrace in particular look so magical during cocktail hour as the sun was setting, it's a vision I won't ever forget. It's truly unique, we didn't find any venues that were more romantic or appropriate for our wedding.

But the true value of getting married here was the professionalism and help we got from the staff -- from the months before our wedding, to the day of. I worked closely with Kristen, who was incredibly patient with all of our last minute changes, questions and special requests. She answered all of my emails/phone calls in a timely manner and never gave me any reason to feel stressed or worried.

On the day of our wedding, we had a team of people tending to our every need (sometimes even before we realized we needed it!), and everyone was really good at protecting my groom and I from any issues that arose. For example, our DJ had a meltdown when his hard drive crashed, and Kristen had three backup DJs on standby within minutes! Incredible!

I could go on and on, but I highly, highly, highly recommend Viansa to anyone looking for a rustic, romantic Sonoma wedding. You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

We had our wedding at Viansa in August and this was the best decision we made regarding our wedding! First off, the site is beautiful with amazing views. We got married on the main lawn and the backdrop was just breathtaking. All of our guests were WOWED. What's great about the tented pavilion (for the reception) is that it's a blank canvas and you can literally do whatever you want to it. I suggest going on Viansa's Facebook page and seeing all the different weddings and how each one is so different! I loved being able to go in and pick X Y and Z and do exactly what we wanted. Our guests are still raving about cocktail hour on the terrace too--so beautiful! The food and wine is amazing, and they will help you pair the wine to the meals you choose. The staff is a dream--we worked with Meredith (who went on maternity leave before our wedding) and then with Jessica and both were extremely helpful, organized, and knowledgeable and truly made our wedding flawless.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Kristen made planning our wedding from the other side of the world as seamless as possible. We couldn't have done it without her. We felt completely stress-free on the day-of knowing that things were under control under her watch. Our entire family found her very pleasant and accommodating for everything we needed on our big day. Of course, Viansa was as beautiful as we could have imagined our wedding venue to be with vineyards, an intimate tent, and natural wetlands all around. We can't wait to come back and visit Kristen and the entire Viansa team again soon.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Krissy · Married on 08/15/2014

Our wedding day was overwhelmingly perfect - truly above and beyond what we had imagined. A lot of this is thanks to Viansa and our AMAZING coordinator, Kristen. Not only did she ensure our day ran smoothly and beautifully, she also went above and beyond to make everyone comfortable and as relaxed as possible. We cannot thank her enough for this! We will definitely be back for many years to come. Thank you Kristen and Viansa team for making our day one we'll never forget. Five stars all around! -K&L

Sent on 08/26/2014

We absolutely loved loved loved Viansa Winery! We picked this location for its beautiful Sonoma Valley views and lush grounds for our wedding ceremony/reception. Kristen (my Viansa wedding coordinator) was awesome! She was extremely professional, responsive, eased all of my anxiety/worries, and answered all of my questions. We would definitely recommend this venue to others as the perfect wedding venue site! Thank you Viansa!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Amber · Married on 07/21/2014

I can not say enough about Brooke and her amazing team! I was an out of state bride who booked an entire destination wedding at Viansa site unseen! And boy was I not disappointed!! The venue is breathtaking! The staff is knowledgable and professional! We trusted Brooke's sage advice in every decision we made and we ended up with the best flowers, catering, and photographer you have ever seen! Quite honestly it looked like we had a 100k wedding and we only spent one tenth of that!! I would not have changed a thing and everything exceeded my wildest dreams!!!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/05/2014

Kristen at Viansa Winery is absolutely amazing! Anything my husband and I needed throughout the wedding planning process she was there for, she gave honest advice about what would work well together and her knowledge and experience with planning really showed. Not to mention she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met -- she definitely made us feel more like family then clients. Was a great experience to work with her -- and she made our wedding unbelievable.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Amy · Married on 06/27/2014

Meredith Espinoza and her staff at Viansa were incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. Viansa is a picture-perfect venue for weddings and their attention to detail for every aspect of the wedding event is invaluable. The food at the cocktail hour and reception was of the highest quality and everyone raved about it. The wine selection is awesome. Viansa is one of the picturesque settings for wedding photos too. Every aspect about the day was delightful. Meredith and her staff kept us well cared for, relaxed and worked seamlessly in the background to ensure all our guests had a fabulous time.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Mallorie · Married on 05/31/2014

We would not be able to say enough great things about Viansa Winery and our Event Coordinator, Kristen. She was simply amazing and beyond helpful. No question was silly, or considered too small. The winery itself is gorgeous and was the perfect backdrop for our special day. We could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Viansa was amazing. My coordinator, Kristen, was incredible and all of my family and friends have been calling my wedding the most beautiful and fun they've attended. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Brides, listen up. This is the place to hold your wedding.: A Tuscan Villa venue, wonderful assortment of wines, incredible food and an amazing staff . Meredith Espinoza was Viansa's wedding planner we worked with for my daughter's May 18th wedding. She was truly the most professional individual I have ever worked with in all my event planning experience. We recommend Viansa Winery and give it the high honors they earned. Thank you for making the day utterly wonderful.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Nancy · Married on 05/09/2014

The Viansa Winery was the perfect location for our daughter's wedding as it has beautiful sites for a wedding ceremony (outside on the lawn, and also inside the barrel room, if it rains or is too windy) and for the reception (the beautiful tent accommodated all 100+ guests). Since we are from Texas, planning the wedding was more difficult especially since we did not see the winery until the week of the wedding. However, Brooke was an incredible help who gave excellent advice all along the way. On the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond to make everything perfect. I didn't realize the bonus we were getting with Brooke when we contracted with Viansa! She is the wedding coordinator that every bride and bride's mother needs to have when planning a wedding!

Sent on 05/28/2014

I never dreamed that our wedding could be as perfect as it turned out. Kristen and the entire Viansa team were incredible. From our first contact through the wedding day and beyond, they were nothing but professional and responsive. I felt entirely at ease on the day of the wedding because I knew everything was being handled. The setting was gorgeous, and our guests were treated very well by the servers and staff. I cannot express how highly I recommend this venue.

Sent on 03/26/2014