Verde River Golf & Social Club Reviews

View more information

3.7

Jade C. Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing Venue!!!

Our wedding day was PERFECT!!! We feel incredibly lucky to have had Samantha, the on-site coordinator, to handle our wedding. The venue had breathtaking views and DELICIOUS food. Our guests LOVED how beautiful it was. The mountains, the sky, and the venue grounds were perfect. It's the compliment we have heard the most from our guests. Samantha understood our vision on how we wanted our wedding and she delivered! The event was well organized and we had ZERO stress the day of the wedding. The people that worked the wedding were all SO NICE and they were professional. Samantha was also responsive and flexible the months prior to the wedding and helped us with anything we needed. It was truly wonderful to have had a coordinator with such focus on detail and listened to what we needed.
    Nicole S. Married on 01/30/2020

Best Hidden Gem - 10/10

How do you start when you’re reviewing the most perfect day of your life?

We will start by thanking the people who made our day possible. Samantha was welcoming and went above and beyond for us. The view and Samantha’s hospitality are the main reasons we decided to celebrate our wedding at Verde River Golf and Social Club. Sarah was our coordinator and a true professional. From start to finish she was on top of everything. She brought our vision to life, from meeting at La Tavola Linen, tunnel lighting, venue decor / set up, and the best support through what can be a stressful process. She personally handed my husband and me drinks at our wedding, what more can you ask for? It was the most unforgettable night of our lives because of this team. Sarah, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you. 10/10

Venue, this venue is a hidden gem. We are obsessed and trust me, it will take your breath away. 10/10

The food, the best wedding food you will ever have. We moved dinner thirty minutes ahead on our wedding day and they accommodated with perfect execution. Two words, butter cake. We had Guests searching for anyone who had not eaten theirs (We served individual butter cakes instead of cake). They also accommodated all dietary restrictions, dairy and multiple vegan meals. 10/10

The service, we never had an empty glass, dirty plate, and our bartender kept a smile on her face with an open bar and rowdy crowd. Our service team was a 10/10

Thank you to everyone at Verde River Golf and Social Club. You made our day absolutely amazing.
  • Shay
    Shay T. Married on 04/27/2019

Romantic Oasis in Rio Verde

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! We got married here in April and it was perfect in every way. The venue itself is gorgeous and feels special from the moment you walk in. The mountain views in the background make for a stunning sunset ceremony. Megan, the wedding coordinator was beyond helpful, professional, and made the whole wedding planning process fun. We thank the entire staff at Verde River Golf and Social Club for making out wedding dreams come true. The food was outstanding! We love this unique Arizona venue, and you will too!
    Maria B. Married on 02/19/2021

Unorganized

In Short-
    -Unprofessional
    -Their wedding planner no showed or rescheduled every meeting we had.
    -They called a month before the wedding and made changes on our contract.

Full story- I booked this venue for September 2020 and was so excited to have our wedding in February 2021. With Covid -19 going on, I continuously asked if the wedding was still on because myself and 95% of my guest were flying in from out of state. In November, I was asked to cut my guest list down to 100 (our contract said 130), and I was able to do that; even though some of my guests had flights and hotels, it was far enough out for them to get their money back. In the meantime, the venue got a new wedding planner named Sarah that started in December. I went to have my first call with her, and she had to reschedule (15 minutes before) because of poor planning on her part. The next day we talk on the phone, and she was unable to answer many of my questions but was confident to say that our limit was still at 100 people. Then in the first week of January, they called my mother (not me) and told her that we now have to have a 100 % the wedding outside. Since they are not an outdoor venue, we had to plan to get lights to decorate and light up the outdoors where dinner and dancing will now be. When we went to meet Sarah to plan what the outdoor wedding would look like, she was a no show again and no email. This brings us to now to January 20th, less than a month away from our wedding, and they call to let me know that I now have to cut my guest list to 50 people. This was NOT a state mandate, and it was just the venue saying they did not want to have 100 people outside in one location because of Covid (the venues around them were able to have up to 200 people inside). With less than a month until my wedding, my guests cannot cancel their VRBO, Airbnb, or hotel reservations without a penalty. Now I am looking for a new venue and starting over a month before my wedding.

Verde River Golf & Social Club's reply:

Dear Maria,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the details of your experience. I am the new Catering & Events Manager at Verde River Golf & Social Club and wanted to respond to you.

I know the stress of planning a wedding and the stress of dealing with Covid was a terrible ordeal for everyone and there was so much uncertainty. I am sorry to see your experience with Club compounded issues, I wish I could go back with the opportunity to help you. I truly hope you were able to work things out and have the wedding of your dreams. I am taking your review and making significant changes to our systems and packages with the hopes of streamlining and making the experience enjoyable for our couples.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Warmest regards,
    Stacey Chrisman, Catering & Events Manager
    Peter S. Married on 02/19/2021

Do not recommend

I am sad to say that I could not of had a worse experience with this venue. The new wedding planner Sarah is unprofessional and unorganized. Save yourself the stress and go somewhere else.

Verde River Golf & Social Club's reply:

Hello Peter,

I am so sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience here. And, I'm sure this is probably too little too late. But I felt it was important to respond and apologize. I am the new Catering & Events Manager at Verde River Golf & Social Club and I wish I had been here sooner so I could have helped you through the process. I can't change your experience, but please know we are making significant changes to our systems and packages to create a streamlined, pleasant experience for our couples. If there is anything I can ever do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Stacey Chrisman