33 Reviews for Venus Ensembles

33 Venus Ensembles Reviews

Jessica at Venus Ensembles came highly recommended by my wedding coordinator, and from the very beginning, she was very helpful and responsive in our communication. I appreciate her for being flexible when I decided to completely change my pre-ceremony music from classical repertoire to more contemporary pieces. The string quartet performed all of the modern pieces superbly, and then for the ceremony music they were simply beautiful. My personal favorite was the Dvorak piece they performed when I walked down the aisle, it was such an amazing rendition that it made that moment even more meaningful for me. My husband and I highly recommend working with Venus Ensemble - a class act and a talented group of musicians.

Profile Picture User5258877, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I had the pleasure of working with Jessica years ago through my job at Lincoln Center, before I even met my husband. When I got engaged, there was no doubt that I'd hire her and her musicians to play at my ceremony. She is professional and kind, just a joy to work with. The talent of ensemble is unbelievable and they were the perfect touch to my wedding ceremony. The Venus Ensembles repertoire is vast and people raved about the music. I didn't get to really hear much until our DVD came in, since we missed the cocktail hour, where the group continued to play until our DJ took over. I am so pleased that I got to have this group perform, they took the pop songs that I loved, and a TV theme show song, and played them seamlessly. I think live music makes a ceremony much more personal and I cried when I saw my bridal party walking down the aisle on the DVD to my favorite song, that she had the team learn, as it wasn't in their song list. Truly made my day.

Profile Picture User1626510, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jessica Meyer of Venus Ensembles is committed to making your ceremony absolutely perfect! She is beyond attentive leading up to your event and has an incredible network of musicians willing and able to play your event. The musicians were top notch. I trained classically on violin for 15 years and was beyond pleased with the music at my ceremony. The musicians transformed my ceremony space into a peaceful oasis and I will always remember my ceremony music for the rest of my life. I keep replaying the songs over and over again in my mind because they were absolutely lovely! If you are looking for professional musicians, Venus Ensembles is for you. They are a bit pricier than the average wedding musician but ABSOLUTELY worth it. I wouldn't second guess this decision...act now!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/25/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired a string trio to play the ceremony music for our wedding and they were absolutely phenomenal! Jessica was very easy to work with and assured us that she understood our vision: classic with a twist. They played mainly contemporary pieces for us and it was a very personal touch to have some of our favorite songs included in our day. Our guests raved about how fun it was to listen to the trio as they waited for the event to start, and even won high praise from some of our own talented musician friends! Their prices are very reasonable as well -- you cannot go wrong hiring Jessica and her team to play at your event.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/27/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We were thrilled to have Venus Ensembles for our cocktail hour musicians. We booked a string quartet that played a great selection of music including U2 and Guns n Roses. Our guests thought the music was great. In addition, Jessica was very easy to deal with in handling the booking and logistics. We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Joselyn, 6/14/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

So awesome! In keeping with the rest of our wedding vibe, we wanted to bring in the beauty and class of a string trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour, but the last thing we wanted was for it to be uptight or staid.

I was comfortable with Jessica from the first time we spoke. She was immediately into our idea of using popular music and the group was more than willing to learn new pieces that weren't already on their extremely extensive list. We had a bunch of rock musicians and musical theatre friends at our wedding and they really enjoyed hearing these different takes on pieces they know so well. It provided a really fun, quirky factor to our wedding that would have been sorely missed otherwise.

Jessica and her colleagues arrived early and set right to work and were really lovely people. Venus Ensembles added such a special element to our wedding that I never thought we'd need, but am now so very happy we had.

Profile Picture Heather, 9/22/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Thank you Jessica for all of your help and advice. The string trio we had at our wedding was fabulous. They added a wonderful touch to our special day. Thank you again!

Profile Picture User3555224, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I cannot thank Jessica and the Venus Ensembles team enough for the amazing job they did at my wedding ceremony this summer. They completed the picture for my dream wedding with their beautiful music! Jessica was a pleasure to work with - truly a professional as she was both knowledgeable and attentive to mine and my fiance's needs for our ceremony. We wanted a string quartet that played contemporary songs, and Venus flawlessly executed every request we had. One of the songs we wanted as our recessional, "Jesse's Girl," wasn't on their list, but Jessica found the sheet music and said it wouldn't be a problem. They absolutely knocked this out of the ballpark, and all of our guests are still talking about how perfect this song was (my fiance's name is Jesse). Thank you so much, you were amazing and truly made our ceremony perfect!

Profile Picture Daryl, 8/10/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

They were FANTASTIC!!!! Jess was wonderful to work with, so sweet, so caring and so flexible. The Trio we hired, violin, harp and cello were OUTRAGEOUSLY great! They even agreed to learn an play a specific piece for me for my father which they played FLAWLESSLY! I love them I would hire them again in a second!

Profile Picture Corinne, 6/29/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The musicians from Venus Ensembles were wonderful! Because ours was an outdoor wedding, we had concerns that the sound from unamplified instruments wouldn’t carry. Jessica, however, helped us select the perfect combination of instruments and number of musicians (cello, violin and flute). The CDs Jessica sent us were helpful in previewing the compositions and making our selections. We chose a combination of classical composers and more contemporary music. When needed, they found the sheet music for some specific requests. The musicians performed beautifully during our cocktail hour and ceremony, filling the space with an enjoyable ambiance of classical music. A number of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed hearing classical renditions of some pop and Beatles tunes. It was all very tasteful and sophisticated. The musicians were friendly and nicely dressed. They independently communicated with our DJ and the venue’s coordinator, and integrated themselves into the event, knowing where to set-up and when to perform.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/23/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Venus Ensembles was a wonderful part of our wedding. We had a string quartet for our ceremony and they performed beautifully. I walked down the aisle to "Moon River" from Breakfast at Tiffany's and even our officiant, who sees hundreds of weddings, told me that she got teary-eyed! Even the most ardent classical music fans and professionals in our families were pleased with the quartet, who played a selection of classical music as prelude to the ceremony. .Additionally, Jessica Meyer was a joy to work with in planning the event. Planning a wedding can be stressful and this was one aspect I did not have to worry about.

Profile Picture L, 10/7/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Venus Ensembles played at our daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour in Sept 2012. We were very pleased ! All of our guests commented on their music. Jessica was so nice to deal with!
We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Venus Ensembles were amazing the day of my wedding. They were very professional. They performed for my ceremony only but if I had known, I would have booked them also for my cocktail hour. I would use them again in a heartbeat. The best part is that their cost is very reasonable.

Thank you Venus Ensembles!!!

L. Robinson (Queens, NY)

Profile Picture User2745355, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Working with Jessica Meyer and Venus Ensembles was a great experience. We had very particular songs in mind for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Jessica was completely on board with our ideas. We hired a string trio with an oboe for the ceremony, a piano player for cocktail hour, and Tara and Co. for the reception. The guests were absolutely dazzled with the music! Each segment of the evening had wonderful musicians!

Many people commented on how good Tara and Co. were and I heard things like "there's nothing like the perfect band to make a reception spectacular." Tara and her band when above and beyond. When one of the brides (a former musical theatre performer) was asked by guests to sing, Tara graciously stepped aside and the band backed up the bride. It was a very special!

Do not hesitate to hire Venus Ensembles for your wedding! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Amy, 7/28/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Venus Ensembles provided us with a duo (violin and violist) for our wedding ceremony. It was a pleasure to work with Jessica, who owns the company. She is so knowledgeable and helpful, and she made the entire process simple and stress-free. The music at our wedding was beautiful and enjoyed by all. Thank you, Venus Ensembles!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/1/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jessica did a beautiful job at my daughter's wedding, assembling a montage of music and managing the day, from pre-ceremony through cocktail hour, with grace and professionalism. My daughter had very specific ideas about what she wanted, including pieces of music I thought would stump any musical ensemble, but Jessica went to work finding sheet music for every request. When we weren't sure which types of musicians to include, she offered several ideas, never trying to grab more money than necessary to make the day lovely. The wedding took place on a scorching, humid day just past noon. I feared Jessica and her musicians might melt, along with the bride. But she handled every detail with not a single complaint and managed to move the musicians from a park-like setting to the indoor reception with grace. I highly recommend Venus Ensembles. You will not have to worry about a thing, where music is concerned!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Venus Ensembles is a great choice for brides and grooms who want a custom song list for their ceremony. During the planning phase, Jessica was incredibly responsive and helpful.

Profile Picture User2606624, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Venus Ensembles was an amazing addition to entertainment for our wedding. We had a quartet which performed a range of classic rock to alternative renditions of U2 and Rolling Stones during the cocktail hour of our reception. Their performance added such a unique, elegant yet modern touch to our event.  I highly recommend Venus Ensembles!

Profile Picture User2610800, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We were extremely pleased with how Venus Ensembles came through for us both before and on our wedding day. Since they were recommended to us by a trusted friend, I was pretty confident going into it that they would deliver for us. Jessica was really on top of things administratively in terms of asking details about the date, venue, our music choices, etc. without being overly burdensome.

And on what was a clearly busy and somewhat stressful time before our ceremony, I appreciated Jessica's low key approach to meeting me beforehand and working out the last minute logistical details given the late start and somewhat erratic and inclement weather.

I also thought it was marvelous how the quartet stretched the music when I signaled Jessica that the processional was taking a little longer than planned. I think our guest were also quite impressed – a few friends asked about you and complimented your tasteful performance. Venus Ensembles also clearly won over my father (who is no slouch when it comes to classical music) as evidenced by his coming over to meet you after the ceremony.

Venus Ensembles really is the sine qua non for couples who want to have outstanding music at their wedding.

Profile Picture Paul, 5/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

It was a pleasure working with Venus Ensembles. Jessica was very professional, and was prompt in answering any question we had. Did I mention the music was phenomenal? One of my guests never heard a live string trio before and was blown away by how good they were. Thank you Jessica for making my wedding special!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/12/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We loved working with Venus Ensembles! They made our ceremony absolutely perfect! We got so many compliments on their performance before the ceremony as guests arrived, the ceremony, and the cocktail hour. Beautiful music!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/20/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Venus Ensembles were excellent! Jessica went above and beyond to make my wedding day special and put much effort into dealing with the music director of my Church. She sought out sheet music and keep in constant communication with me and the "not so easy to deal with" church limitations . I don't think many others would have the type of patience that Jessica displayed throughout the entire planning process! On the day of, the musicians were professional and the music was beautiful; we're still getting compliments on the ceremony music!

Profile Picture Ryan Ann, 11/5/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I still can't stop thinking about how good they were! I'm so thankful that I was able to have a flutist and violaist play at my ceremony. It really made a lasting impression on me. The musicians that played at my ceremony were super-professional and friendly. It was relaxing and peaceful to have live pre-ceremony and ceremony music. It was an amazing deal and quality was outstanding! Jessica, the owner, was very communicative and willing to work with my tastes and budget. Book them!

Profile Picture Roseann , 10/1/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Venus ensembles was exactly what we were looking for. We hired a string quartet for the ceremony and a jazz trio for the cocktail hour and both were wonderful. Jessica is an absolute professional and so are the musicians she works with. They are exactly what you are looking for. They had everything in line days before the wedding and I didn't even need to speak with them on the night of the wedding, which was great because there were so many other things to take care of. If you need ceremony musicians hire Venus, you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Scott, 9/4/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Venus offers a wide array of musical styles. For us, we wanted classic rock for our all of our ceremony music, including the prelude songs. We had the string quartet play Wonderful Tonight, Hallelujah and All You Need Is Love for our ceremony music and it was perfect. Everyone told us how beautiful the music was. I found Jessica to be really easy to work with and her prices fair.

Profile Picture marisa, 7/9/11, 12 Reviews