Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Caroline
    Caroline C. Married on 06/18/2021

They made everything so easy

I didn’t hire a day-of-coordinator and really didn’t need to! The girls I worked with were so so helpful from seating charts, to rehearsal dinners, to helping us decorate.

Caroline-

Thank you for the 5 star review! We loved being a part of your day! We are so glad you were able to enjoy all of the amazing services we offer including a top rated staff! We wish you both every happiness! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
    J. Fountain Married on 04/25/2021

Love at 1st Sight

We fell in love with the venue after our 1st walkthrough. The entire Venue 1902 team was great from beginning to end. They are responsive and really work hard to provide all the details and information you need before you ask any questions. They are affordable and I love that the venue offers so much space inside, outdoors, upstairs, and downstairs to accommodate everyone's needs.

I love that the venue hosts open houses so you can go back as many times as you need before your wedding to visualize your day and all of the details in your wedding space.

They are organized and patient. They provided so many details like measurements, table sizes, inventory of what they offer etc.. so I could have all the details handy while communicating with other vendors.

Everything was beautiful. Can't believe I got married in such a beautiful, historic location. We received so many compliments about the unique qualities of the venue.
    Thank you to Venue 1902 from The Fountains!

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

Jyra- Thank you so much for the wonderful review and allowing us to be a part of your love story! Your wedding was truly gorgeous and we loved being a part of your love story! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
  • J. Barnes
    J. Barnes Married on 04/25/2021

Wedding bells were ringing

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall was the perfect location for our daughter's wedding. Spacious and elegant is how our guests described this historic Venue. The staff was warm, friendly and very helpful. Bells ringing after the pronouncement of the marriage and the sparkler exit was such a special and unexpected surprise for our guest. We loved every moment of our daughter's special day.

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We love getting to know and work with so many awesome families! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
    Kelsey G. Married on 04/11/2021

The Best Venue Ever!

This was the first and only wedding venue I looked at. From the minute I walked through the doors I knew this would be the place where I married my best friend! Lisa was so helpful and kind the day we toured, she helped me see my vision. Through the whole wedding planning process they were so supportive. Like any bride I would freak out about something late at night and email them, they would respond so quickly!! Always knowing exactly what to say to help calm me down. The week of the wedding arrive and it was forecasted to rain on my special day. The team at Venue 1902 did not blink an eye, they contacted me and helped me make a rain plan. I loved that they had the option to moved the wedding inside only two hours before the ceremony!! Who does that? The rain did come and we had to move the wedding inside, I wasn't dissapointed though! Looking back on it now, I think it was even better inside. The coordinators helped me create a new vision upstairs the day of, they were all so calm and handled the rain like it was nothing! They truly made my wedding the best day of my life. I recommend this venue to everyone I know getting married! They make dreams come true!

Kelsey-
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We loved being a part of your day and so happy that our rain back up plan was able to be implemented and your dream wedding was still dreamy! We wish you both every happiness! xoxo- The Venue 1902 Team
  • Aj Orsini
    Aj Orsini Married on 03/27/2021

Beautiful venue!

I’m so happy to have picked this venue, it’s simply gorgeous and has everything you need! Our guests couldn’t get over how beautiful it was and everything came out perfect! Definitely recommend them.

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

AJ- We loved working with you to create the gorgeous Boho Wedding of your dreams! We wish you both every happiness!
    XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team!
    Morgan Married on 03/20/2021

Truly remarkable & a day we will never ever forget!

Firstly, thank you Venue 1902! Words truly cannot describe how thankful we are with Lisa and the team at Venue 1902. From the beginning, they answered all my countless questions and requests, making me feel at ease, especially getting married during a pandemic. They made me feel so comfortable and made sure everything was done the way we had envisioned. When arriving to the venue, Lisa and her team greeted us with open arms and helping hands. They were there for anything we needed and made decisions when I couldn’t. They were beyond thorough and made our special day more than we could have ever dreamed of! Without a doubt, Venue 1902 is an incredibly remarkable venue for any event, especially a wedding. Thank you from the new Mr. & Mrs. Hooks!

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

Morgan- Thank you so much for the 5 star review! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of our Love Story! We wish you both every happiness!
  • Annie
    Annie D. Married on 03/12/2021

1,000/10!!! Best wedding experience ever!

If I could put 1,000 stars for this review, I would! From the second I walked in for my first tour of Venue 1902, I knew this was the place I was going to get married. It is absolutely gorgeous on the inside and out. Lisa and Taylor helped me along the way by answering a million questions and making sure everything was set for my wedding day. I'm not used to leaving things in other's hands so I was very anxious the morning of the wedding when it came to putting my vision to life. Taylor, my day-of-coordinator checked in on me multiple times throughout the morning assuring me that everything was running smooth and just as planned. I know that there are usually minor hick-ups at a wedding but I can seriously say mine was perfect. We had zero issues thanks to the amazing staff at Venue 1902. I recommend this Venue to anyone searching to have the best wedding experience possible.

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

Annie- Thank you for the wonderful review! We loved being a part of your love story and wish you every happiness!
  • Catherine
    Catherine R. Married on 02/10/2021

Picture perfect, amazing, fantastic - not enough words to describe!!

From start to finish your staff went above and beyond what we could have hoped for. My daughters wedding day was picture perfect to say the least. Emily and Katie and their staff were not only professional, they had everyone at ease and made the day stress-free for all of us. They were so friendly and helpful, always smiling and calm. If there were any glitches we had no idea. The venue is so beautiful and spacious, but the real beauty in this amazing place are the people that are there to make your day amazing and memorable. There was no need to hire a wedding planner, we were treated to a wonderful team which was part of our whole package. Thank you for sharing your staff and venue with the Rohan and Wild families. Only wish we could give you 50 Stars!!!!!!

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review! We are so happy that we met and exceeded your expectations! It was our privilege to be able to be a part of your daughter's wedding!
    XOXO, The Venue 1902 Team
  • Lauren
    Lauren P. Married on 01/31/2021

My dream wedding come true

From the first day we visited the Venue 1902 we were in love with the idea of saying "I do" at this beautifully historic building. The staff was kind, informative and incredibly helpful throughout the whole process. Their inclusion of a day of coordinator was a huge addition for our day. As a bride and groom on a budget we were not going to be able to hire a day of coordinator, decorators, or anything much more then what was required; The staff helped with ideas for a wedding at Venue 1902 within our budget.
    Taylor (our venue 1902 day of coordinator) made sure everything went smoothy, that everyone knew where to be and when to be there.
    In addition to an amazing staff, the venue itself is perfect. Everywhere we turned there was another beautiful place for a perfect picture. Venue 1902 is a dream venue for a beautiful day.

Lauren-
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are over the moon happy that we got to be a part of your love story! We wish you both every happiness! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
  • Morgan
    Morgan E. Married on 01/21/2021

From Business to Friends

We do not have enough wonderful things to say about this venue! The women who have created this business have done so with such grace, love, respect, kindness, generosity and excellence! From the moment we walked through the doors of this beautiful venue, we fell in love with its atmosphere and beauty! We are allowed to take a few tours with family and friends before the wedding and each time we felt us becoming friends with Aleshia and staff. Everyone there treated us like family, like royalty, like we were/are the most important people, every.. single.. time! The day of the wedding was even more spectacular than we could have imagined!! Several staff members came in to check on us to make sure our day was going perfectly! They moved furniture around to make our LGBT wedding exactly how we envisioned it and we couldn't be more thankful for that! I could go on and on about this venue and everyone who helped us out while planning and organizing our wedding, but you will just have to see for yourself!!! Our perfect day was perfect because of Venue 1902 and everyone who was there to make it the best day ever!!! THANK YOU!!! We love you!!

Morgan-
    Thank you for the wonderful review! We loved being a part of you and Dania's love story and we are so happy to have been able to help in creating your best day ever! We are blessed to get to meet and work with awesome couples and their families! We wish you both every happiness! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
    Chrissy Married on 12/31/2020

Event Planner | Chrissy

I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed working with the wonderful ladies at Venue 1902. From beginning to end, they made dreams reality. It was such a great professional, experience and I will absolutely be sending brides back. :) thank you to the team at Venue 1902! A beautiful evening it was!

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

We loved working with you as well! What a beautiful wedding!! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
    XO- The Venue 1902 Team
    Kristin M. Married on 12/13/2020

Fabulous, magical wedding

Our experience at Venue 1902 , for my daughter’s wedding was wonderful beyond words. From the very beginning, the planning process with Lisa, Kim and Alicia was such a pleasure. These ladies always made us feel important, and they were patient and helpful with our many questions and requests for vendors. Also, I highly recommend having their chalk-artist, Ashley make your signs; she did beautiful work, and made many signs for us that were unique and made our day so much more personal and special. She is also an absolute sweetie - thank you for being so much fun , Ashley!! Once our BIG DAY arrived, we were met by our day-of planners Savannah & Shannon. These girls worked so hard and anticipated my needs before I could even ask! Alicia, thank you for your special attention ( I am so grateful - for ALL of it). Then Katie took over as our evening Coordinator - that girl was like magic - she seemed to do the work of 12. She ensured our reception space was set up beautifully (despite a flower vendor snafoo). The evening just flowed, and I did not have to think about a anything- what an invaluable feeling! By the end of the evening, Katie and her crew had packed up all of our decorations, signs, extra booze, etc , so it was ready, and she and the valets loaded it into our cars as well. It was a fine-tuned process, and as I said, words do not seem sufficient, but thank you, thank you, thank you to all the ladies and gentlemen at Venue 1902 that made our day special for our daughter and husband.

Kristin,

We absolutely loved being a part of Katie and Brad's wedding! Thank you so much for the glowing review! Each of our families mean the world to us and we are so blessed to be able to get to know you and work with you!
    XOXO,
    Aleshia and the Venue 1902 Team
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee T. Married on 12/04/2020

Your dream venue!!

Venue 1902 is nothing short of a premier wedding venue! To say these ladies have it figured out would be an understatement! Planning our big day was so seamless with the guidance of everyone with the venue, from the initial tour , to the final walk through, to the day of, I never once worried that there would be any surprises. The venue provides you with a list of preferred vendors which lets be honest is a very helpful tool when you have a million things to book, look at and taste! The morning of our wedding we had Taylor as our coordinator, she was so sweet and helpful the day of the wedding I'm pretty sure I called her a god sent angel a few times.

The venue is the picture perfect place to get married. Both inside and outside the property there are so many beautiful places to get your perfect pictures. We had our wedding in the garden, cocktail hour downstairs and reception upstairs and honestly it was perfect. The fact that rain or shine Venue 1902 has a plan is also so reassuring! Another plus, I didn't use much of our budget on decorations because the venue truly shines on its own.

I would recommend this venue to anyone that is looking to have a smooth and seamless wedding!

Ashlee-
    Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We know there are so many options for you to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us to help you have your best day ever! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
  • Kelly
    Kelly K. Married on 11/29/2020

1st Visit to Venue 1902

I immediately felt like the staff were there to take care of me and give me an excellent tour of their facility. They were professional, warm, and you could tell they love their venue.

Kelly,
    Thank you so much for the review! We plan on you having that same feeling every time you come to Venue 1902! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
  • Liz
    Liz K. Married on 11/28/2020

Beautiful venue and amazing staff

We fell in love with the beauty of Venue 1902 in early 2019 when planning for our wedding in February 2021. The venue and surrounding location were the perfect location for our special day. We liked downtown Sanford with its bars and restaurants, and is close to where we grew up and our friends/families. We loved that it was a vintage school house, with on-site getting ready facilities, plenty of space for a large wedding, and indoor/outdoor optionality. We knew it was the perfect venue and location to host our wedding weekend. From the beginning, the staff was flexible, helpful and supportive as most of our wedding planning was done remotely from San Francisco, CA. Then, the COVID pandemic happened, throwing our plans into uncertainty. Under these difficult and ever-changing circumstances, the venue staff completely met our high level of service expectation. They stepped up big to help create OUR perfect day. Coming from CA and SF, where COVID life is much different, they listened to our concerns and were supportive at every step. They never dismissed what I am sure at times felt like crazy ideas and overly conservative precautions. The open houses were extremely helpful in our long distance planning process as my mother was able to visit the venue to help us visualize our plan over FaceTime or with videos. Aleshia and the Venue 1902 staff welcomed her as if she were the bride! We also found the decor room on this virtual family open house to be useful. We were able to see the farm tables, some of the lounge decor, and table runners. They even set up a runner on the farm table to help us see what the color would look like. Venue 1902 was flexible in a variety of ways, which were crucial in executing a perfect day. First, they allowed us to move our date up allowing us to celebrate with our close family and friends over the Thanksgiving break, which meant we could see our families for one of the 2020 holidays. Next, in order to accommodate what we felt was most safe, they worked with us to have our entire wedding including ceremony and luncheon reception outdoors before sundown. This meant cocktail hour with a lounge and bar area on the front lawn. There were many ways in which the execution of our day was outside of the norm, but were handled with professionalism and attention to detail. Overall, we had the perfect 2020 wedding day for us. The Venue 1902 staff were incredible in helping us execute our vision including decor, safety protocols, and order of events. Their vendor recommendations were thoroughly vetted, even for less-common services like wedding streaming, and we were impressed with the quality of each of the vendors. There were several times that we went referenced their vendor list or called for a recommendation. Aleshia is an amazing human and will give her all to make sure she understands what you both as a couple want for your day and then do everything she can to make it happen. We cannot thank Aleshia, Taylor, Carly and the rest of the Venue 1902 staff enough. Beyond the beautiful building and backdrop, the people of Venue 1902 made our special day exceptionally memorable.

Photo credit: Nuva Photography, Orlando

Liz-
    Thank you, for the wonderful review! We loved working with you and Michael and your families to create your perfect day! We wish you both every happiness! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
  • Nicole
    Nicole M. Married on 11/19/2020

Look no further. This is it (:

Absolute perfection! This was the first venue I toured and I remember walking to my car thinking, “Did I really just find my venue on the first shot?” Venue 1902 is an incredibly beautiful venue and I cannot believe how great the staff are - they truly go above and beyond the call of duty to make your wedding day magical. This venue knows exactly what they are doing and it was so comforting knowing they had everything handled. I never once felt nervous or unsure during the whole wedding process or wedding day - they were that fantastic!!! Everything went smoothly and I cannot express how many compliments we got from our guests about how wonderful Venue 1902 was. Thank you for everything!!!

Nicole-

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We loved being a part of your love story and we wish you both every happiness! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team!
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie M. Married on 11/12/2020

Amazing Venue and Team!

As a wedding coordinator, I have worked three weddings at Venue 1902 and every single one has run so flawlessly thanks to the team at Venue 1902. Not only is the space beautiful and versatile but they have the wedding day down to a science! Everything goes so smoothly and all the ladies there are heaven to work with. I would highly recommend this venue to any couple!!

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

Thank you Stefanie! We love working with you! Any Couple would be lucky to have you on their team! XOXO, The Venue 1902 Team
  • Leilani
    Leilani Married on 11/09/2020

Just booked!

We fell in love with the location as soon as we pulled up. The venue has so much history and character you just cant get anywhere else. Even the bell was restored, which they let us ring. Super cool! We loved Aleshia's energy. She's honest, quirky, and down to earth, making our tour and booking process easy and comfortable. Loved that what you see is what you get. There are no hidden fees or surprises. I'm so excited to finally start planning our wedding for next fall!!!

Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall's reply:

Loved getting to know you Leilani! We can't wait to work with you guys, as you plan an amazing wedding at Venue 1902!
  • Syd
    Syd H. Married on 09/25/2020

We love them beyond words

The team at Venue 1902 at Preservation Hall are absolutely wonderful. We had to move our wedding earlier this year from a different venue due to Covid-19 and found ourselves at square one after planning for over a year. We started looking for new venues near Orlando, FL when we came across Venue 1902 - it didn’t take us long to decide that this place was perfect. The icing on the cake was when we reached out Aleshia and she was so kind and prepared to make our day special. She has bent over backwards for us and we cannot express the gratitude we feel towards her and the whole team over there because without them I truly don’t know where we would be or if we even would've been able to put on our wedding. This venue offers a lot amenities that help to make the day special and that was a real load off of our backs with the replanning process happening and Aleshia has been a bright shinning light in all this crazy that is going on from the virus. If you get the opportunity to work with this venue, please don’t hesitate they are worth it in every possible way!

Syd and Tara-
    Thank you a million Thank you's ! We are so blessed to work with such wonderful couple's and we are so happy you chose us to host your wedding! We are over the moon happy to get to work with you both! XOXO- Aleshia and The Venue Team
  • AnnieG10/1
    Annie G. Married on 09/20/2020

Incredible venue, even more amazing staff

This is a beautiful, wonderful place to get married.

My husband and I were over the moon when we discovered Venue 1902 when planning our wedding. We said before going in "ok, this is the first place, we can't book today, we're just looking." On the walk out to the car, we'd already decided we'd call back and book as soon as we got home.

The team was amazing. Aleshia was incredible, and we had so much fun on our tour. She also pointed us to specific vendors that she trusted based on our specific ideas and preferences, which was an enormous help.

Lisa was also wonderful, and super prompt every time I reached out with a question!

Unfortunately, due to COVID, we needed to cancel. The team was still great then, too. They gave us a number of options that they certainly were not obligated to do, and wished us the absolute best moving forward.

It's a beautiful venue, it's so much more affordable than so many other direct competitors while offering more, and it's got a great staff. Highly recommend.

Annie-
    Thank you so much for the sweet review! We loved working with you and getting to know you both! We wish you all the best going forward !
  • Lauren
    Lauren J. Married on 04/25/2020

Amazing staff

My fiance and I were looking around for venues near the church we are having our ceremony at. When we saw Venue 1902, we immediately knew we wanted our reception here. Their outdoor area (where ceremonies are normally held) is absolutely beautiful. This venue is an old school (built in 1902), and they have kept on of the rooms an original classroom. This will make for amazing pictures! Lisa, the owner, was so nice! You can tell she actually cares about the client, and is not just there to get clients in and out for the money. My fiance and I wanted to show our parents the venue after our first meeting, and she was nice enough to let us schedule another appointment to wander around and show our parents. I cannot wait to have our wedding at this venue, and I am sure I will be writing another review afterwards!

Lauren,
    Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so excited to be a part of your Love story! We are honored that you chose us to host your wedding! XOXO
  • Sarah
    Sarah L. Married on 04/24/2020

Beautiful historic schoolhouse!

We knew before we even set foot inside the building that we wanted to get married at Venue 1902. This place is just so beautiful! We chose very minimal decorations because we just didn't feel like we needed it. The building is just gorgeous on its own. And I can't say enough good things about the staff! We had to push our wedding date back 3 months due to COVID and they were so accommodating. And they were wonderful about answering my many questions leading up to our wedding. We didn't have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding because they were so on top of things. We took our time getting ready and enjoyed being in this beautiful place with our family and friends. All of our guests just gushed about this place and we all had a fantastic time!

Sarah-
    Thank you for the sweet review! We are so blessed to get to know and work with amazing couples! We wish you every happiness! XOXO- The Venue 1902 Team
  • Tess
    Tess M. Married on 04/18/2020

Dream Wedding Venue

Venue 1902 was the most perfect venue for our big day. We toured several venues and none of them could customize our wedding quite like Venue 1902. Lisa and her team are extremely organized and hard working. They constantly went above and beyond to fulfill our needs and make sure we were happy. Even during a worldwide pandemic, the team helped us reschedule and reconfigure the entire wedding a month later. The wedding was absolutely PERFECT.

At this point in a review, you typically begin to list cons and pitfalls of the venue. However, I can tell you from personal experience that Venue 1902 has absolutely no cons. If you are considering booking Venue 1902 for your wedding, do not think twice. They will make sure your wedding is everything you have dreamed of and more. Thank you Lisa and the Venue 1902 team. -Mr. & Mrs. Melnick

Tess-

You were just a stunning Bride and we were so blessed to work with you and Ryan! We wish you both every happiness !
    XOXO- The Venue 1902 team
    Alejandra E. Married on 04/11/2020

Our Dream Come True

I won’t be able to say enough about how truly impressed and overwhelmed we were with what we received from Venue 1902 from our very first visit up until our wedding day. From start to finish, this staff has been so doting, sweet, understanding, and hardworking - ALWAYS putting their couples first. As a quarantine bride, this year has been stressful and crazy, but Venue 1902 eased all my fears when it came to the wedding itself. They took all precautions to keep guests safe. A huge thank you to Lisa and the staff at Venue 1902. I’ll never forget what a beautiful time we had!

Ali-
    We loved being a part of your wedding and planning! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We wish you every happiness!