Ventosa Vineyards Reviews

62 Reviews for Ventosa Vineyards

• Jenna

Jenna · Married on 04/10/2021

The best wedding venue!

Where do I even begin? Ventosa was amazing! RJ helped us every step of the way. We didn't even need a wedding planner. He took care of it all. They were so understanding with COVID & let us push back a full year (we are from out of state). They did everything they could to make our day perfect. The grounds are beautiful. Picture perfect. The food was amazing as well. Everyone is still raving about the sirloin. Absolutely incredible!

Sent on 04/13/2021
  • Jennifer

Jennifer W. · Married on 09/12/2020

Incredible so far

Beautiful, everyone is very nice and RJ was extremely informative and think he will do an incredible job on making our dream wedding come true for 2020.

Sent on 02/16/2019
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 09/21/2019

RJ is amazing- Very helpful, willing to go to great lengths to make our day very special =) I am so happy to be having my dream wedding at Ventosa!!

Sent on 03/06/2018
  • Lum

Lum · Married on 09/21/2019

Best wedding venue ever!

My husband and I were married at Ventosa Vineyards in September 2019, and cannot say enough about how wonderful our experience was! RJ and his team were flawless in their coordination every step of the way making the process that much easier, as my husband and I were planning the wedding remotely. Ventosa provides a list of recommended (i.e. vetted) wedding vendors on their homepage, so my husband and I selected several for our wedding...they were all awesome, it's clear that Ventosa only works with A+ service providers! As busy as RJ was, he was always very responsive for any request, needs, or questions we had.

The grounds at Ventosa are beautiful, and pictures do not do it justice. The views of the lake are stunning, and the Tuscan theme to the architecture makes you feel as if you really are in Italy. On the big day itself, Chris and Phyllis were our primary coordinators and did a phenomenal job assuring that everything went smoothly. I was actually a bit surprised at just how smooth everything went, there was an event in the main ballroom the evening before that looked quite packed, but the following day everything was picture perfect for our ceremony and reception in the ballroom! Our wedding ceremony went off without a hitch, and the weather could not have been better for the time of year. For our wedding reception, the ballroom was immaculate and the food was exceptional. We had a pre-wedding tasting to sample the food options several months beforehand, these were more like full dinner meals and not your average tasting of small pieces of choice...they do not mess around with their food/drink, it was all amazing! Many of our guests told us our wedding was the best and most beautiful they had ever been to, and were all really impressed with Ventosa as a whole.

Kudos to RJ, Chris, and the Ventosa team - My husband and I could not have imagined our wedding day being any more amazing, in large part to you all being so great at what you do so THANK YOU!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Ventosa Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much, Lum for leaving this great review! We're so happy you chose & trusted us to make your wedding day perfect!
  • Pat

Pat O. · Married on 09/04/2019

Made out Daughter's Wedding Day Amazing!

RJ Passalacqua and his staff at Ventosa were simply wonderful throughout the whole process of planning our daughter's recent Labor Day Weekend Wedding! The bride and groom grew up in this area but moved out of state so planning a wedding can be somewhat difficult. RJ and Chris were wonderful though and answered any and all of our questions. RJ's relaxed nature made our daughter and son-in-law confident that everything would go off without a hitch. The venue is simply outstanding! We had the ceremony on the lawn next to the property where the photographer (Deb McGwin Photo & Design) got a ton of beautiful outdoor photos. The banquet hall where we held reception was stunning, the food was delicious and the views of the vineyards were breathtaking. All of the guests (many from out of town) raved about the venue, the service and the amazing views! Thanks RJ for making out daughter's dream come true!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Ventosa Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much, Pat for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are so humbled that you all trusted us to make your daughter's wedding day perfect!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/05/2018

Fall winery wedding

RJ was wonderful to work with. He answered all of our questions quickly and professionally. When we had new ideas about different aspects of the decorations or the way the reception would go he was always open to them and made it happen. The food was excellent! All of our guests raved about it. Ventosa is just gorgeous. The terrace was wonderful to watch the sunset over the water and some of our guests even wander around the vineyard during cocktail hour.

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 09/22/2018

110% Recommend for a wedding venue!

My husband and I got married at Ventosa in September of 2018. Our engagements was 14 months long and there was not 1 day of disappointment when dealing with the staff here. We planned our wedding from Florida so I was constantly e mailing RJ... he not only responded fast but met and exceeded all of my expectations and was so helpful! I received so many messages about how beautiful everything was the day of our wedding and how great the staff was. I have no complaints and would 100% recommend Ventosa for any event you may be planning.
    If you are in town for a short time visit their wine tasting and cafe, best pizza ever!

Anna · Married on 09/08/2018

Having our wedding at Ventosa was a dream- from the first time we toured the venue, we felt listened to and taken care of by RJ and his staff. They worked with us throughout the 2 years leading up to the wedding to make sure we had everything we needed to make the day perfect. The day of, they were extremely accommodating and helpful, allowing family to come early to set up and move things as needed but they did the majority of the set up themselves. Our day-of coordinator Chris was so lovely to work with and made sure everything ran smoothly. We didn't stress or worry at all and were able to enjoy the day without any glitches. The venue itself is so beautiful and gives a fantastic view of Seneca Lake. The food was excellent- hands down the best food I've ever had at a wedding, and all our guests agreed! I would so highly recommend Ventosa for a wedding- it was better then we ever dreamed our wedding could be.

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 09/01/2018

The best day ever

Our wedding at ventosa was perfect! RJ made the planning process so easy and seamless. From the time we toured the venue to the day of the wedding we knew we were in the right hands and made the right decision about our venue.

Both the ceremony location and ballroom are beautiful. The food was excellent and the best food I’ve ever had at a wedding.

We got married in September and we still have friends and family talking about the venue and food.

We couldn’t have asked for a better location or team for our wedding day! Thank you, Ventosa!

Ventosa Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for your great review, Bridget! We're so glad we could help make your day perfect!

Amber D. · Married on 08/17/2018

So Amazing!!

We got married on 8/17/18. Our wedding was perfect. Thank you to all of the staff at Ventosa for all that you do!

Courtney G. · Married on 07/21/2018

Amazing!!!

We got married at Ventosa this past July! It was perfect and even better then we could have imagained!!! Everyone went above and beyond to make sure the day turned out perfectly! It is truly an amazing venue and all of the staff are awesome! I would highly recommend Ventosa to anyone!!!! All of our guests loved it there and couldn’t stop talking about how beautiful of a venue and how tasty the food was!!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Ventosa Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for your great review, Courtney!!! We're glad we could help make your day perfect!

We are in the middle of wedding planning and are already bragging out the customer service and professional we have received from Ventosa Vineyards staff. The views are breathtaking and we cannot wait to taste their variety of foods. Everyone we talk to raves about it!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Ventosa Vineyards's reply:

Thanks! We look forward to further working with you to ensure your day is absolutely perfect! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns along the way!

Marc · Married on 08/19/2017

RJ and his team made the wedding planning seamless and answered every question we had. RJ was very professional and made us feel like we were his number one priority. They were very flexible with their options and took all the stress out of our wedding. Everything went smoothly and they kept us on track with the timeline. Our guests loved the food and said it was one of their favorite weddings. The service was top notch to make sure we had everything we wanted. You cannot beat the views of the lake and vineyard. We were very happy how everything turned out. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a venue.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Laura · Married on 08/19/2017

Highly recommend!!

Everything about our wedding was amazing and our family and guests have frequently told us that it was the best wedding they’ve been to. The view is amazing, food was delicious and RJ and his staff were helpful throughout the whole process. Worth every penny we spent!

Jackie · Married on 06/23/2017

We recently had our rehearsal dinner at Ventosa Vineyards, our wedding ceremony in the front yard of Ventosa, & our wedding reception in the Vista e Bella banquet room. It was all PERFECT! The scenery was beautiful, food was A++, & the service was exemplary! The manager RJ is a master of his trade! We weren't sure about the weather since the wedding was outside. RJ had several other plans to consider if it rained. A wedding is a really stressful time, but RJ was on top of every thing and took all of the stress right away by taking care of it all! He fixed any issues the day of so quickly & efficiently, no one even knew of them. The head of waitstaff, Phyllis quickly saved the day by helping fix my bustle after the hooks were ripped! Chef David created a new dish for the rehearsal dinner that was delicious, as was the food during the reception! People wanted me to ask if they could get some extra prime rib to take back with them. 2 weeks later, people are still talking about it and several guests told us it was the best wedding they had EVER been to! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Stephen J. · Married on 06/23/2017

Beautiful wedding venue!!

My wife and I got married at Ventosa and everything was perfect! WE had 300+ people are were confused about a lot and not sure what to do since we had no wedding planner. It wasn’t until we talked to RJ at Ventosa that everything made sense. He gave us recommendations, told us what he would take off our plate and coordinate, as well as organize all of our vendors the day of the wedding. That was finally when we felt like everything was falling into place. Our day was perfect…thanks to Ventosa for being a big part of that! The food is also high quality. Our friends are still telling us that was the best wedding they have attended.

Sent on 12/24/2018

Julianne · Married on 06/17/2017

An amazing place all around and would highly recommend to anyone seeking a romantic, waterfront view alongside a beautifully manicured outdoor space. RJ is fantastic along with his staff and the food was amazing, along with of course their delicious wine selections! So many wonderful attributes at this venue, all of our guests had an amazing time here!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Kathy · Married on 05/06/2017

Could not have asked for a better place to have our Daughter's wedding reception. They were very accommodating and the service was excellent. They went out of there way to make sure we had everything we needed and the food was Phenomenal!!!! Highly recommend!! RJ is the manager and he worked with us through everything and we couldn't of been more happy with everything!! Thanks RJ and the Staff at Ventosa Vineyards for helping to make our daughter's wedding day very memorable!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Jillian · Married on 04/22/2017

Our wedding at Ventosa was absolutely more than we could have ever imagined. My fairytale dream wedding actually came true! RJ and his staff are unbelievably attentive and made us feel SO comfortable and confident the entire time. RJ's friendliness from the start made me feel so relaxed and ready to plan a wedding! Every possible question we had, RJ answered right away. He never made me feel bad about asking even the smallest thing! The venue itself is breathtakingly gorgeous. All of the guests could not stop talking about the grounds and how beautiful everything was. The food was DELICIOUS, and everything went so smoothly. I honestly have ZERO complaints and I cannot stop raving about Ventosa. Thank you SO much RJ & Staff. Words cannot even begin to express our gratitude for everything you did for us. We can't wait to come back again & again!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2016

It's going to be hard to write this review without getting choked up...that's how amazing our experience was at Ventosa Vineyards.

From the second my husband and I stepped into this venue we knew we were getting married there. From the Tuscan ambiance in reception room, the full back terrace over looking the most breathtaking view of the vineyards/lake, and the WINE...oh man...the wine...I'm a club member now.

The second we sat down with RJ, we instantly felt part of the Ventosa family. In all of our venue hunting, we couldn't find a place more accommodating than Ventosa (and with better views). Not one part of the planning process were we told "no" by the team. I am someone who becomes easily stressed out, and even planning from New York City was a breeze with RJ on top of it. He's super responsive and always has the answers to any and all questions. Not only is RJ extremely professional, accommodating, and elite in this business, but he is also someone you'd be honored to call a friend. At the end of the process my husband and I really felt like we gained a new friendship.

The ceremony rehearsal and actual ceremony was run and directed by RJ's assistant, Aileen (she was also there all during the reception). What can I even say about Aileen?! She was organized, knew how to deal with our crazy family and friends, and made sure everything went smoothly. At the end of the long night, my sister spilled red wine all down the front of my dress...and there Aileen was with a bottle of Shout! patting me down in the kitchen saving my dress!!

All we heard from our guests was how amazing the food was, and how this was one of the best weddings they've ever attended.

My husband and I plan to come back to Ventosa at least once a year to celebrate our amazing night. Ventosa will ALWAYS be our special place. To RJ and Aileen (Karen, Ivory, Dan and everyone else)- thank you thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Nina · Married on 08/06/2016

It was a dream to have our wedding at Ventosa! Everything worked out perfectly and they were so friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this place!!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Linda · Married on 07/30/2016

Our daughter's wedding here was nothing less than spectacular. Their day was perfect. Planning this day went so smoothly with RJ and his staff and we cannot thank them enough! The venue was gorgeous when it was all put together. The food was excellent and the service was so prompt and courteous. Despite such a large bridal party, everything was moving along without a hitch. Do not hesitate to check out this beautiful venue. We are all so grateful for every wonderful aspect off such a wonderful day. Stopfel-Maher Wedding 07/30/16

Sent on 12/28/2016

Tanya · Married on 06/05/2016

We had our June 2016 wedding at Ventosa and it was amazing! The managers (RJ and Aileen) and staff are incredibly helpful. They're extremely responsive and professional. The venue itself is spectacular. You can't beat Ventosa's view of Seneca Lake for the ceremony and reception. The food and wine are also delicious. We received compliments from our guests on both. Your in great hands if you select Ventosa for your wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Laura · Married on 06/04/2016

I can’t even begin to describe how wonderful it was to work with the staff at Ventosa Vineyards for our wedding. The moment we walked in, we knew it was where we would get married. The venue speaks for itself; it has an absolutely beautiful banquet room, but the views and vineyard are what really sold us. R.J. and Aileen were beyond amazing from the day we walked in to tour the venue, to the day of the wedding. They are very responsive to emails, and made the entire planning process very easy. They fulfilled every wish we had, and our day could not have gone more perfectly. They are very organized, and took care of making sure the day went smoothly. The entire Ventosa staff was attentive to our guests and to us. The food is absolutely delicious. We got compliments from so many guests, saying it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. You will not be disappointed with Ventosa Vineyards. We plan to go back routinely to visit!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/07/2016

Amazing venue and staff - RJ and his crew are second to none. Incredibly responsive, flexible and easy to work with - not to mention amazing view, yummy food and perfect ballroom space.... I am so glad we chose Ventosa for our day - it was perfect and thanks in big part to them - my vision came to life and I could not be happier with Ventosa

Sent on 05/22/2016