Velvet Sky Bakery Reviews

37 Reviews for Velvet Sky Bakery

37 Velvet Sky Bakery Reviews

S. Brooks-Moore · Married on 10/16/2018

Cupcake Spectacular

I recently ordered a cupcake tower for my wedding. The design, cost and taste all exceeded my expectations. The design was exactly what I imagined when the baker and I sketched it and the taste was definitely velvet and delicious. I will definitely continue to do business with this gourmet bakery. Thanks for making my special day truly beautiful.
    -S. Brooks-Moore

Leah · Married on 09/09/2017

Cupcakes and cake were both delicious and beautiful! Jordan was a delight to work with and delivered everything on time.

Bebe · Married on 11/04/2016

Our venue partners with Velvet Sky and so we were happy not to have to shop around much (although we did taste/consult with a couple others to be sure). Aside from our initial consultation, the bakery and venue coordinated flawlessly without our involvement.
    While I know most guests don't eat or pay much attention to wedding cake, we were happy to verify that the cake was moist and the frosting well-balanced (not icky sweet!). Based on one or two example photos and our own description, the baker sketched exactly what we had in mind...and then executed it beautifully! Our cake was really beautiful and delicious. My husband was joking that we should eat the top layer immediately (but we'll see if we can wait until our first anniversary to devour it!).

Jenn · Married on 01/02/2016

Jordan and her team are absolutely amazing! We met them at an open house for our venue and my husband and I knew right away that we wanted to use them for our wedding. They made a small top layer for us to cut and then we did a cupcake tower. The cake was absolutely incredible and the cupcakes were devoured. Additionally we had velvet sky make cookies as our thank you gifts and they were just as delicious as everything else! Jordan was so easy to work with as well. We had a great experience and would highly recommend them!

Jonathan · Married on 12/28/2015

We worked with Velvet Sky as part of our Hotel package. The hotel hosted a tasting for the cake flavors, which was lovely and super fun. As we were from out of town, all communication with the Bakery was by phone and email, however, Jordan captured exactly what we wanted - design, colors etc. and we could not have been happier with the cake. Jordan was easy and responsive to work with. She suggested ideas which we went with and on the day the cake was splendid.

Michelle · Married on 12/27/2015

Delicious cake. Jordyn was wonderful!

Jordan has been lovely to work with so far!
    Really responsive and flexible, and her cakes are beautiful.

Having a cupcake tower for the wedding. Can't wait to see how it turns out and will post a follow-up review then.

Katherine · Married on 10/24/2015

We got a ceremonial cake from Velvet Sky and mmm mmmm mmmm it was good!!!! I sent them 2 pictures of what I we wanted for inspiration, had a quick phone call, didn't even do a tasting (we kind ran out of time - our fault), and they made our pokemon inspired cake dreams come true! I was worried because we needed to use a decent amount of fondant and I was warned by many that it isn't so tasty, but this one was delish! Our cake was a mix of white cake and red velvet, with an icing in between. So good!
    We decided to chow down on our topper over the next week and love every minute. I was a struggle even to put a single piece away for out 1-yr.
    Oh and the guests loved the look and taste too!
    Thanks again!

We had a cupcake tower with a small tiered cake on top. The cupcakes (and cake) were absolutely delicious and beautiful. The groom and his mother have celiac and so half of the cupcakes were gluten-free and they were just as delicious as the regular cupcakes. The combination of the cupcakes and an ice cream bar was a huge hit.

Nicole · Married on 10/04/2015

Jordan and the Velvet Sky team were absolutely amazing to work with! Our cake turned out just as we imagined it and the process was effortless. We didn't even have to touch base with Jordan leading up to the days before our wedding since she had worked with our venue in the past, they were so renowned and trustworthy we knew everything would go as planned on our big day! The best part of our entire experience, the look on everyone's faces after their first bite of our delicious chocolate and cream cheese cake!

Thank you Velvet sky bakery for making our wedding so tasty!

I found this bakery online and am very thankful that I did. I ordered a cupcake wedding dress for my Sister's Bridal Shower and it look beautiful and taste delicious!! The staff were EXTREMELY helpful and always have a such a pleasant attitude whenever I came in. Go here for if you plan on ordering for an event. You'll be very glad that you did!

Lynn · Married on 07/18/2015

The owner/designer was very professional and friendly. Most of all, she was patient in helping us design the perfect cake for our wedding...which wasn't easy considering our tastes were so varied. There is a good array of design, flavor and cake choices and this bakery seemed more willing to accommodate our needs more than others.

I used Velvet Sky for my wedding cake and cake pops. Jordan created a cake pop holder that was exactly the look I wanted! She was so easy to work with and the look turned out beautiful. She coordinated the colors to my wedding colors and helped us pick out the perfect flavors. The cake/cake pops were delicious and beautiful! She also made separate cupcakes for my dad, who is gluten free, with no problem! I definitely will be using this bakery for any future cakes or desserts!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Velvet Sky Bakery's reply:

Thanks so, so much for your positive review!! It was a pleasure working with you and creating your cake pop tower! I sincerely appreciate you spreading the word. Congratulations to you both again and I hope to make many more creations for you in the future - keep me in mind for your anniversary :) All the very best, Jordan
  • User5100727 · event on: 03/22/2015

Got a cake for my sisters bridal shower and it came out beautiful!

I used Velvet Sky Bakery about 10 times before my wedding and when it came time for picking a wedding cake bakery, there was no one I would even consider but Velvet Sky Bakery. Thank you for our amazing, delicious and fun nesting doll bride and groom cake. Jordan, working with you is always a pleasure, so much so that I opted out of the cake that was included in my wedding venue package just to use your business! Your attention to detail and creativity cannot be duplicated! Jordan is extremely patient and professional and never criticizes anyone's (sometimes crazy) ideas (like mine). Even though I live in DC now, I will continue to use Velvet Sky Bakery every chance I get for future special occasions. My cake was even more perfect than I imagined!

Paul · Married on 04/25/2015

The staff are amazingly professional and always in great moods. They are incredibly simple to contact and communicate with and have done a phenomenal job on our wedding cake. We can't wait to buy more! If we were closer to them, I'm sure we'd be at their store on a daily basis!

Raven · Married on 07/26/2014

From the tasting to the cake cutting, we were more than happy with the fine workmanship of Jordan at Velvet Sky Bakery. After showing her a few photos at the tasting, she sketched up a custom designed cake that was more than we imagined. The tasting allowed us to mix and match different frostings and cakes for each layer! While wedding cakes are often gorgeous, Jordan's cake was gorgeous and delicious. Many of our guests continue to ask us where the cake was from and what the flavors were that they had. Velvet Sky offers a great customer experience and delivers a phenomenal product!

Lindsay · Married on 02/22/2014

Jordan did out cupcake tower/wedding cake for our small wedding. It turned out wonderful and it's safe to say our guests are officially hooked on Velvet Sky's cupcakes. It was definitely the focal point of out reception. I'm really happy with how everything turned out.

Kelly · Married on 09/07/2013

Velvet Sky Bakery was amazing. They designed a Philly cake for our wedding in 2013. The best part is, the added Rocky on the back! Not only was the cake unique, it was also delicious. Not to mention the price was extremely reasonable! Would recommend them to anyone who wants a cake that is yummy and a little extra special!

Velvet Sky Bakery 1
    Velvet Sky Bakery 2

Varusha · Married on 07/27/2013

The staff at Velvet Sky Bakery made our cake exactly what we imagined. They were so helpful and willing to do whatever we wanted. The cake and cookies (wedding favors) were absolutely divine!

Jill · Married on 07/20/2013

Jordan and her team at Velvet Sky did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. Our top priority was to have a cake that tasted delicious, and Velvet Sky absolutely delivered. Jordan patiently listened to our preferences about the cake's appearance and was very generous in offering us samples of cake flavors to try. The cake was delicious and looked just like the picture we shared during our meeting with Jordan. Velvet Sky delivered the cake as promised. I would highly recommend Velvet Sky!

Melissa · Married on 06/08/2013

The Cake and cupcake tower that my husband and I got for our wedding was AMAZING. The flavors were so good and they were far from small by any means. We ordered quite a few more than we actually needed assuming that we would have cupcakes to take home and the guests ate them ALL. They were a hit! Jordan was professional and friendly and took our vision and turned it into a one of a kind art deco cupcake tower that truly reflected our personalities and the style of our wedding. Thank you so much Velvet sky for bring a whole of sweetness to our big day!

• Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 12/29/2012

Delicious!! I have a gluten allergy and they helped created the wedding cake of our dreams! it was a perfect cake, one tier or red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, and the second was a blueberry cake with lemon buttercream frosting, and it was perfect, delivered in a snow storm and Jordan is a amazing cake designer can't wait to go purchase some cupcakes to enjoy :) highly recommend!!

Heather · Married on 08/18/2012

Velvet Sky did a custom cupcake tower for us with a square cake on top that my husband and I could cut during the reception. We had a tasting at their bakery and immediately knew they were the right vendor to go with. Their cupcakes are DELICIOUS. They accommodatied our requests for colored icing and custom fondant decorations and the final product looked wonderful. Everyone raved about the cupcakes - how cute they were and how yummy. I'll definitely keep buying baked goods from Velvet Sky!