36 Reviews for Velvet Sky Bakery

Cookies (1)
Groom's Cake (1)
Gluten Free (1)
33 Velvet Sky Bakery Reviews

Cupcakes and cake were both delicious and beautiful! Jordan was a delight to work with and delivered everything on time.

Profile Picture Leah, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our venue partners with Velvet Sky and so we were happy not to have to shop around much (although we did taste/consult with a couple others to be sure). Aside from our initial consultation, the bakery and venue coordinated flawlessly without our involvement.
While I know most guests don't eat or pay much attention to wedding cake, we were happy to verify that the cake was moist and the frosting well-balanced (not icky sweet!). Based on one or two example photos and our own description, the baker sketched exactly what we had in mind...and then executed it beautifully! Our cake was really beautiful and delicious. My husband was joking that we should eat the top layer immediately (but we'll see if we can wait until our first anniversary to devour it!).

Profile Picture User7413585, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Jordan and her team are absolutely amazing! We met them at an open house for our venue and my husband and I knew right away that we wanted to use them for our wedding. They made a small top layer for us to cut and then we did a cupcake tower. The cake was absolutely incredible and the cupcakes were devoured. Additionally we had velvet sky make cookies as our thank you gifts and they were just as delicious as everything else! Jordan was so easy to work with as well. We had a great experience and would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jenn, 1/2/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Cookies, Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We worked with Velvet Sky as part of our Hotel package. The hotel hosted a tasting for the cake flavors, which was lovely and super fun. As we were from out of town, all communication with the Bakery was by phone and email, however, Jordan captured exactly what we wanted - design, colors etc. and we could not have been happier with the cake. Jordan was easy and responsive to work with. She suggested ideas which we went with and on the day the cake was splendid.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 12/28/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup

Delicious cake. Jordyn was wonderful!

Profile Picture Michelle, 12/27/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Jordan has been lovely to work with so far!
Really responsive and flexible, and her cakes are beautiful.

Having a cupcake tower for the wedding. Can't wait to see how it turns out and will post a follow-up review then.

Profile Picture User5341019, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We got a ceremonial cake from Velvet Sky and mmm mmmm mmmm it was good!!!! I sent them 2 pictures of what I we wanted for inspiration, had a quick phone call, didn't even do a tasting (we kind ran out of time - our fault), and they made our pokemon inspired cake dreams come true! I was worried because we needed to use a decent amount of fondant and I was warned by many that it isn't so tasty, but this one was delish! Our cake was a mix of white cake and red velvet, with an icing in between. So good!
We decided to chow down on our topper over the next week and love every minute. I was a struggle even to put a single piece away for out 1-yr.
Oh and the guests loved the look and taste too!
Thanks again!

Profile Picture User4658689, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Groom's Cake

We had a cupcake tower with a small tiered cake on top. The cupcakes (and cake) were absolutely delicious and beautiful. The groom and his mother have celiac and so half of the cupcakes were gluten-free and they were just as delicious as the regular cupcakes. The combination of the cupcakes and an ice cream bar was a huge hit.

Profile Picture User5535649, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free

Jordan and the Velvet Sky team were absolutely amazing to work with! Our cake turned out just as we imagined it and the process was effortless. We didn't even have to touch base with Jordan leading up to the days before our wedding since she had worked with our venue in the past, they were so renowned and trustworthy we knew everything would go as planned on our big day! The best part of our entire experience, the look on everyone's faces after their first bite of our delicious chocolate and cream cheese cake!

Thank you Velvet sky bakery for making our wedding so tasty!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/4/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I found this bakery online and am very thankful that I did. I ordered a cupcake wedding dress for my Sister's Bridal Shower and it look beautiful and taste delicious!! The staff were EXTREMELY helpful and always have a such a pleasant attitude whenever I came in. Go here for if you plan on ordering for an event. You'll be very glad that you did!

Profile Picture User5316147, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The owner/designer was very professional and friendly. Most of all, she was patient in helping us design the perfect cake for our wedding...which wasn't easy considering our tastes were so varied. There is a good array of design, flavor and cake choices and this bakery seemed more willing to accommodate our needs more than others.

Profile Picture Lynn, 7/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I used Velvet Sky for my wedding cake and cake pops. Jordan created a cake pop holder that was exactly the look I wanted! She was so easy to work with and the look turned out beautiful. She coordinated the colors to my wedding colors and helped us pick out the perfect flavors. The cake/cake pops were delicious and beautiful! She also made separate cupcakes for my dad, who is gluten free, with no problem! I definitely will be using this bakery for any future cakes or desserts!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5180762, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I used Velvet Sky Bakery about 10 times before my wedding and when it came time for picking a wedding cake bakery, there was no one I would even consider but Velvet Sky Bakery. Thank you for our amazing, delicious and fun nesting doll bride and groom cake. Jordan, working with you is always a pleasure, so much so that I opted out of the cake that was included in my wedding venue package just to use your business! Your attention to detail and creativity cannot be duplicated! Jordan is extremely patient and professional and never criticizes anyone's (sometimes crazy) ideas (like mine). Even though I live in DC now, I will continue to use Velvet Sky Bakery every chance I get for future special occasions. My cake was even more perfect than I imagined!

Profile Picture User5550671, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

The staff are amazingly professional and always in great moods. They are incredibly simple to contact and communicate with and have done a phenomenal job on our wedding cake. We can't wait to buy more! If we were closer to them, I'm sure we'd be at their store on a daily basis!

Profile Picture Paul, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

From the tasting to the cake cutting, we were more than happy with the fine workmanship of Jordan at Velvet Sky Bakery. After showing her a few photos at the tasting, she sketched up a custom designed cake that was more than we imagined. The tasting allowed us to mix and match different frostings and cakes for each layer! While wedding cakes are often gorgeous, Jordan's cake was gorgeous and delicious. Many of our guests continue to ask us where the cake was from and what the flavors were that they had. Velvet Sky offers a great customer experience and delivers a phenomenal product!

Profile Picture Raven, 7/26/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jordan did out cupcake tower/wedding cake for our small wedding. It turned out wonderful and it's safe to say our guests are officially hooked on Velvet Sky's cupcakes. It was definitely the focal point of out reception. I'm really happy with how everything turned out.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 2/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Velvet Sky Bakery was amazing. They designed a Philly cake for our wedding in 2013. The best part is, the added Rocky on the back! Not only was the cake unique, it was also delicious. Not to mention the price was extremely reasonable! Would recommend them to anyone who wants a cake that is yummy and a little extra special!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The staff at Velvet Sky Bakery made our cake exactly what we imagined. They were so helpful and willing to do whatever we wanted. The cake and cookies (wedding favors) were absolutely divine!

Profile Picture Varusha, 7/27/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

Jordan and her team at Velvet Sky did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. Our top priority was to have a cake that tasted delicious, and Velvet Sky absolutely delivered. Jordan patiently listened to our preferences about the cake's appearance and was very generous in offering us samples of cake flavors to try. The cake was delicious and looked just like the picture we shared during our meeting with Jordan. Velvet Sky delivered the cake as promised. I would highly recommend Velvet Sky!

Profile Picture Jill, 7/20/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The Cake and cupcake tower that my husband and I got for our wedding was AMAZING. The flavors were so good and they were far from small by any means. We ordered quite a few more than we actually needed assuming that we would have cupcakes to take home and the guests ate them ALL. They were a hit! Jordan was professional and friendly and took our vision and turned it into a one of a kind art deco cupcake tower that truly reflected our personalities and the style of our wedding. Thank you so much Velvet sky for bring a whole of sweetness to our big day!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/8/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious!! I have a gluten allergy and they helped created the wedding cake of our dreams! it was a perfect cake, one tier or red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, and the second was a blueberry cake with lemon buttercream frosting, and it was perfect, delivered in a snow storm and Jordan is a amazing cake designer can't wait to go purchase some cupcakes to enjoy :) highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 12/29/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Velvet Sky did a custom cupcake tower for us with a square cake on top that my husband and I could cut during the reception. We had a tasting at their bakery and immediately knew they were the right vendor to go with. Their cupcakes are DELICIOUS. They accommodatied our requests for colored icing and custom fondant decorations and the final product looked wonderful. Everyone raved about the cupcakes - how cute they were and how yummy. I'll definitely keep buying baked goods from Velvet Sky!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/18/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious, eye popping. Variety. Fun. Elegance. We got it all. Jordan worked with us to figure out what we wanted, which was a tower of mini cupcakes, with a beautiful, fool-the-eye traditional cake on top for us to cut. It looked like a pair of beautifully wrapped gift boxes, stacked at an angle, with edible ribbon... People were fooled, then impressed.

Jordan offered us many flavors to choose from, and suggested we pick our 8 favorite ones. She also was accommodating for dietary restrictions, and generally helpful about making her delivery and pickup of the metal tower totallly effortless for us. my only regret: how few I got to eat on my wedding day! :)

Profile Picture Joseph, 10/2/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Awesome cake and awesome flavors. wish I could write more than 50 char. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Joanie, 10/2/10, 2 Reviews