Velocity Reviews

45 | Milwaukee, WI

45 Reviews for Velocity

Erika · Married on 06/01/2019

Book this band!

We were so impressed with Velocity! Everyone is still talking about how great the band was! They kept the dance floor packed all night! Would recommend them to anyone looking for a band!

Sent on 06/27/2019

loretta datonberry · Married on 09/01/2018

ridiculously good

Our wedding was great and all, pretty dress, beautiful decor, all that stuff, but I don't think anyone in attendance remembers ANYTHING except for the band. Seriously, my husband's godmother had to be physically removed from the venue by her husband because they needed to leave and she couldn't stop rocking out. My little nephew was so inspired that he actually thought he invented the air guitar. Velocity kept the evening flowing, kept the energy pumping, and could not possibly have been more fun. The planning leading up to the event was professional and easy as well. My husband and I are seriously considering getting a divorce just so we can have another wedding with this band.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2018

Perfect band for any wedding

They are amazing! Played at our wedding and were just awesome. People were dancing non stop and they were so friendly, accommodating, and easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Colleen Fehring · Married on 07/14/2018

If this band is still available - book it now!!

Velocity was more than a perfect band for our wedding ceremony and reception! They knew how to get the dance floor moving and the dancing did not stop all night with our over 250 guests! The ceremony songs were beautiful and they worked with us (mainly me due to a case of bridezilla) to ensure our ceremony and reception would be exactly as we hoped for. Our venue for our ceremony and reception was Turner Hall and Velocity was the perfect fit for it. To top how awesome this band is I requested a last minute song "Scenes from an italian restaurant" as a surprise to my husband - this song is over 10 minutes long and they had never played it before but Matt said "we will try and learn it for you!" and learn it they did! They killed it! We see them at Summer Fest every year as well!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Matt Black · Married on 06/09/2018

Best wedding band around

These guys are pros. Brought the house down. Very accommodating and everyone raves about them- we still get compliments on having a stellar band 6 months later.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Christmas · Married on 05/19/2018

The entire experience of working with Velocity was wonderful from beginning to end. Booking was easy, and the planning leading up to the wedding was a breeze. Working with Matt really put my mind at ease. We exchanged several emails and then met in person a few weeks before to go through all the details and itinerary. On the day of the event, they were nothing short of incredible. They set up, played a flawless set, and kept the dance floor packed all night. The set was absolutely perfect. We loved every second, and our guests continue to rave about the band and vocalists, months after the wedding. Seriously guys, Velocity is great, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/16/2018

John · Married on 05/12/2018

Velocity was an amazing band with a huge range. They kept our whole wedding party dancing and entertained all night!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Alex · Married on 02/24/2018

Velocity was amazing! We had a full dance floor from when the band went on at 0730 to when they ended at midnight. We also added the DJ service which was incredibly helpful, kept us from having to worry about who was going to take care of music during the breaks and what we were going to play, would absolutely recommend. I would 100% recommend Velocity to anyone looking for a fantastic variety band for their event.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Danielle · Married on 12/02/2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Outstanding band. My guests danced all night and were begging for “one more song”. The dance floor was literally always full. We received so many compliments on Velocity. We also got awesome uplighting and instrumentals for during dinner. Worth every penny. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Brynn · Married on 11/25/2017

Velocity really added to our wedding making it exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2017

If you are looking for a band that will get a crowd dancing and is very talented, I would strongly recommend Velocity. Velocity was nothing short of amazing! The dance floor was occupied at all times and people are still calling us asking "What was the name of your wedding band again?". We have gotten so many compliments on the band!

Being the Bride I was worried that I wouldn't get to fully enjoy the dancing part of the night, since I would be busy talking to everyone, however, Velocity had enough people on the dance floor that I could make my rounds and chat and dance at the same time. I literally danced the sole right off of one of my shoes that night.

The music was absolutely incredible. It was everything we imagined/wanted and more for our wedding. We had so much fun and would definitely hire them again. I cannot say enough about Velocity, they will not disappoint!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

Velocity exceeded my wildest expectations. Really great musicians that impressed all of our guests. A great value, I didn't think we'd be able to afford such a large (and talented) band for so little.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Dan · Married on 10/08/2017

We hired Velocity for our wedding last weekend at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. Matt Anton was responsive and helpful throughout our interactions, and he provided good suggestions and honest answers. For the ceremony, we had saxophone, piano, and guitar and chose four songs to be spread out for the processional. I can't tell you how perfect there arrangements sounded. The saxophone as the lead was soulful and gorgeous on Etta James's "Sunday Kind of Love," Otis Redding's "That's How Strong My Love Is," Sam Cooke's "Nothing Can Change This Love," and the Beatles's "Something." It was exactly as I dreamed it would be, if not better. They nailed it.

For the reception, we had an eleven piece band complete with horns. The musicians were incredibly tight, fed off the crowd, read the crowd well, and each musician had shining moments throughout the evening. We had four singers, and all were phenomenal. The band delivered a raucous version of the Hora and got the entire room on their feet. Other highlights included "Into the Mystic," "Tennessee Whiskey," "Don't Stop Believing," "American Girl," "Sweet Child of Mine," and "Shout." Matt made sure to play our chosen entrance song and first dance songs, and he was concise and helpful in his announcements. I had many many friends and family members come up to me to praise the band. One friend had been to 66 weddings in the past five years, across the country, and said this was the best wedding band he'd ever seen.

Hats off to you all -- we are recommending you to anyone who will listen.

THANK YOU SO MUCH -- you helped make our wedding into (what our friends are calling) the wedding of the decade.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/22/2017

Velocity was our wedding band and they were truly incredible! Our guests never left the dance floor and we received so many compliments! They absolutely perfected our night! We also had a jazz trio for dinner service and I loved them so much- it was the most surreal backdrop to the evening. I cannot say enough good things about this band and company!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

If you have one thing that will make or break your wedding it is the music selection and you CAN NOT go wrong with booking Velocity for your wedding band. They were the absolute greatest from start to finish. Very prompt with communication and they offer the whole package at a very competitive and reasonably priced rate. We booked them off of previous reviews from wedding websites and boy did it pay off ten fold. The dance floor was PACKED from start to finish even with an open bar far from the dance floor. Our wedding night was the most magical evening and we received an uncountable number of comments about how fabulous and on point our band was! So if you are looking for an awesome, energetic, fun band - don't look any further Velocity is the right choice!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2017

Our guests couldn't tell us enough how great they thought the band was! Jason and Matt were awesome throughout the process and I would highly recommend to others!!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Heather · Married on 06/17/2017

These guys are UNBELIEVABLE. I was so nervous as I wasn't able to see them perform but they absolutely exceeded my high expectation. Seriously, that is all anyone is talking about from our wedding-the band! From the moment they walked on stage, people filled the dance floor and they didn't leave until the very last song. They covered songs I never thought they would be able to, and were so flexible and accommodating with my less than traditional scheduled. We decided to book them for an extra hour and I wish I would've booked them 3 more. None of the cliche wedding music from these guys. Thanks Velocity for making my wedding band dreams come true!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Elyse · Married on 06/10/2017

We absolutely loved Velocity!! The dance floor was packed the entire time! We couldn't be more impressed with the professionalism and quality of this group. Highly recommend for any party! They learned a song for our first dance and nailed it :) can't wait to throw another huge party just to have them perform again.

Sent on 08/23/2017

David · Married on 05/27/2017

We learned about Velocity through a friend of ours, and boy are we ever grateful. A live band was high on our wish list if we could find room in the budget, and we were elated at how competitively Velocity is priced. The maxim is you get what you pay for, but Velocity bucks the trend: They are a top-quality band available for a very reasonable price by Chicago wedding standards. And I mean top-quality! We thought maybe we'd bit off a little more than our venue could chew with a seven-member band, but Velocity made due with the tight squeeze they were given and never complained. They set up without a hitch while the upright bassist and keyboardist provided the perfect background jazz accompaniment to our cocktail our for a modest extra fee. Using their PA system for speeches was easy, and the band crafted a fantastic playlist right in line with our preferences (which they surveyed beforehand). My wife and I both love to dance, and some of our best memories from our wedding are of the band absolutely rocking the night away. They were a huge hit among our family and friends. Having two singers really expands their repertoire, and the multitude of instruments gives them such a full, diverse sound. Wedding bands can be hit or miss, but we hit a home run with these guys and couldn't recommend them more highly.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Anna · Married on 04/08/2017

I would highly recommend Velocity! They were perfect, played just what we asked for, were easy going ad laid back! Thank you so much for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Elise · Married on 10/29/2016

Velocity was an excellent wedding band choice! They were easy to work with, had great customer service, played an excellent playlist, kept the party vibe going and the dance floor full the entire night. Their personalities are fun and our guests were seriously impressed! Book Velocity if you love to DANCE!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/22/2016

We were so thrilled with Velocity and would book them again in a heartbeat. They really added that extra special something to our wedding reception, and the dance floor was full all night. We could not believe how great the band sounded, and they even learned our first dance song the week of the wedding. The song was not in their current repertoire and we did not expect them to do that, as in my opinion it was not a very easy song to learn and perform. They not only learned it, but crushed it! We had multiple guests comment on the quality of the band and how much fun they were. They were a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process as well. Matt at ACA Entertainment was extremely responsive to any questions we had and even worked out an arrangement with us to help us get a microphone set up at our venue for the ceremony. Again, we would recommend working with Matt and Velocity to anyone. Your wedding will be taken to a whole new level!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Mary · Married on 09/10/2016

This band was everything I expected. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole time!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Emmett · Married on 08/12/2016

Without exaggerating, this is the best wedding band I have heard. They are extremely professional, flexible, and absolute first-class musicians. The most impressive thing was their versatility. (Country, Swing, Pop, "Oldies," Rock, everything!) They had the place rocking from the first song all the way until the end of the night. Not to mention, they come at a very reasonable cost! If you can swing it, try and go for the 9 piece, it's worth it. If you can't, they are still great!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Justin · Married on 07/16/2016

Velocity was the hit of our wedding. They played such a great variety of danceable music that they appealed to every age group. Plus, they played the music well - they are a very talented group of musicians. Lastly, they were very accommodating with respect to logistics as well as song requests. They even learned a new song for our first dance! A+, can't wait for our next big event, so I can have Velocity back again.

Sent on 08/28/2016