Vanilla Bake Shop Reviews

Vanilla Bake Shop 2
Vanilla Bake Shop 3
Vanilla Bake Shop 4
Vanilla Bake Shop 5

Yuko took care of us from start to finish, and was professional AND genuine. Thank you Yuko! Don't ever change! Looking forward to working with you again...even though we live in Orange County, it is worth the drive.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Excellent wedding cakes and service and experience. Overall just awesome and great

Sent on 10/21/2015

Devran · Married on 08/30/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Kim Robinson at Vanilla Bake Shop. We had our wedding at the Fairmont and were able to select a couple partner vendors to make our wedding cake. Our tasting was very enjoyable and of course delicious! Kim was more than willing to help us customize our cake and select 2 different flavors. She worked with me on the design and was very flexible with my requests for sizing, shapes and monograms. The cake was not only DELICIOUS (not just said by me, but my many of our 250 guests) but it was also absolutely beautiful. A big thank you to Kim and her team for making us a wedding cake to remember!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2014

We used Vanilla Bake Shop for our wedding cake on 8/30/14. They did not disappoint. We brought some inspiration photos to our first meeting and they were able to transform our ideas into a beautiful cake. (Almost too beautiful to eat!) All of their flavors were so delicious! We went with the triple berry cream and chocolate truffle for our cake. The wedding cake was just as delicious and moist as the cake in our tasting. Yuko was available to answer all of our questions and was a true pleasure to work with. We would certainly recommend VBS for anyone's dessert needs and plan on using them in the future!

Sent on 10/17/2014
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/02/2014

Having been a huge fan of Vanilla Bake Shop for years (i live blocks away and can never resist walking in to get something as i walk by the shop), this was a no brainer choice for my wedding cake.

The process was so easy, they are at this point a well-oiled cake machine! I met with Kim, who sat with me for an hour doing cake tasting, discussing our colors, what design we like. I brought in pictures and ideas, so I didn't have to look through their thick folder of wedding cake pictures.

When discussing colors, Kim even pulled out a color booklet, to get the pantone color numbers right. She was super sweet about updating the shade of blue I needed on the cake. The actual cake itself was a two tier of chocolate with choco buttercream, and dark chocolate with salted caramel filling. So delicious- i wanted to keep the whole cake to myself!

This is one place i'll be relying on for a long time, for any cake needs. Everything they make is delicious, so head down to any of their shops in LA and grab a cupcake, a caramel bar (my fave!) or two.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Jamie · Married on 06/28/2014

Kim was amazing to work with!!! She custom made a beautiful cake just for my occasion with amazing flare and amazing flavors!! Can't wait for another party so that I can order another!!!

Sent on 07/12/2014
  • F

Francine · Married on 06/28/2014

Thanks to amazing Yuko and her team, the best wedding cake I've ever had ended up being our own! She also worked with us on the challenges of keeping the cake outdoors by the beach, carving our own cake stand, and allergies. Vanilla was by far the freshest and highest quality of the bakeshops we tasted, and the fleur de del, spicy carrot, and triple berry flavors we went with were out of this world. Worth the price. Vanilla Bake Shop will always be special, thank you!

Sent on 09/13/2014
  • Starr

Starr · Married on 05/17/2014

Delicious, gorgeous and elegant are the first words that come to mind! This bake shop is actually down the street from my house and one of our favorites in general so my husband and I were super excited to hear that Terranea uses them as their recommended cake vendor. Yuko and her bakers created an absolutely gorgeous and delicious desert table for our wedding reception. The macaroons were to die for! Our wedding cake was simple and stunning, we were asked to provide some trim for the cake as our design included feathers and rhinestones. I just went to Michael's and bought what I could find and Yuko's design looked amazing all said and done. Although Vanilla Bake Shop was nothing new to us we will definitely be back!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Ellie · Married on 04/12/2014

Vanilla Bake Shop was the preferred cake vendor for our wedding venue (Terranea Resort) so that made our decision easier and we didn't have to pay a cake cutting fee. Our cake tasting there was sooo delicious and we loved the two flavors we picked for our wedding cake (red velvet and 7-layer milk & dark chocolate)! Yuko from the Santa Monica location was great to work with and we loved the design of our cake.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Stacy · Married on 11/09/2013

Yuko was extremely helpful at Vanilla Bake Shop, and we ended up with an amazing wedding cake that our guests were talking about even days later! We went to a tasting and were very impressed with all of the amazing cake variations, they all tasted so good! What mattered to us most was the taste and quality of the cake, and we were totally amazed with how well it turned out, and of course it also looked great!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Yuko was really easy to work with and responsive to emails. The cake that she made that day was more beautiful than the one she had sketched and I was shocked when I saw it. We did a 3-tier cake with a different flavor each level - carrot, flor de sol (I think thats what its called, some chocolatey carmel deliciousness), and red velvet. It was DELICIOUS. I can't believe how delicious that cake was. We did extra sheet cake so there would be enough for my guests and I got to take home the top layer and freeze it for our anniversary. Can't wait to eat it again!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Jennie · Married on 09/07/2013

It was an absolute pleasure working with Yuko at Vanilla Bake Shop! My cake turned out beautifully and it was exactly what I wanted based on my description and the pictures I showed her. The cake itself was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Ariana · Married on 06/29/2013

Awesome wedding cake!! Turned out so beautiful and it was absolutely delicious. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/06/2013

The cake and cupcakes were so yummy!! All of the guests commented on them and ate them all night long! Everything was beautiful and more than expected. The team is so friendly as well.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Rose · Married on 05/04/2013

Working with Yuko at the Vanilla Bake Shop was a true pleasure.

What you want in a vendor, ultimately, is somebody who is extremely organized, a good communicator, courteous, and produces a high-quality product. You want the sense to be conveyed that she is trustworthy and competent. That sums up Yuko in a nutshell.

From the very first emails (which she responded to immediately, by the way), she was impressive. From the cupcake tasting itself, I knew it would be a successful partnership, and my wedding guests would be treated to delicious cupcakes that looked beautiful, to boot. The bill payments were organized and easy to make. Never did I have to worry about any detail being lost in the mix. They were flexible and detail-oriented throughout.

On the day of my wedding, we received so many compliments about the cupcakes. I would welcome the opportunity to work with them on any other event in the future!

Well done, and thank you!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Rebecca · Married on 04/20/2013

Great cake!! Yuko helped us pick a style we liked and matched our colors perfectly. The Dulce de Leche cake was so yummy and the cake was absolutely adorable. We coupled a small wedding cake with tons of baby cupcakes and two additional round cakes. You probably only need to order 1/2 to 2/3 or the recommended servings. We had tons left over, but it was absolutely delicious.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Angela · Married on 04/20/2013

Our cake and dessert table was everything we hoped for. Our only regret is not ordering more desserts because our guests cleared out our dessert buffet in a blink of an eye! The cake itself was even more delicious than I remembered from our tasting. Yuko was very professional, friendly, responsive, and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Susanna · Married on 11/11/2012

Got referred to this Bakery through my venue, they indicated them as prime vendors. Other than going to the tasting and pick the cake I wanted I barely had to do anything. Bakery and venue people work together on confirming details of delivery together, saving a bunch of headache for me. My florist delivered some flowers to them and they just decorated my cake at the venue. Easy, simple, no pain and it looked beautiful. Also it was delicious, they have a great selection of wedding cakes and they are also open to come up with solutions that fits best to your budget. Most of their cakes are fairly complex but if you want to save money just ask to simplify either the decor or the cake itself and they work with you till they make you happy.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Seriously the best cake!! They offer a variety of flavors and create amazing cakes!! They really worked within our budget and created a beautiful cake for our special day!!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Nicole · Married on 07/21/2012

Yuko is fantastic!
    We enjoyed a very yummy tasting at the shop, where Yuko created a detailed sketch of our cake.
    Yuko also worked with me on some delicious cake pops and a surprise grooms cake that was perfect!
    Our cakes were delicious and gorgeous. Job well done!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Giulianna · Married on 06/02/2012

I contacted Yuko, the wedding and events liason, a little over two months before my wedding only to learn I should have contacted her a lot earlier!!! OOPS! Yuko was so accomodating, despite their busy schedule, and fit us into her calendar for a quick appointment to discuss our wedding cake design! She managed to schedule us AFTER HOURS just so we could meet with her!! she was such a sweetheart!!

We had a variety of designs to choose from or create our own, but I found one of her sample designs and made my own personal twist to it, which fit perfectly! The samples were, delicious of course!!

we ended up choosing two different flavors for different tiers, strawberries & cream and dark chocolate (YUM)!!

Yuko then communicated with my wedding coordinator regarding delivery time and everything went smoothly on my wedding day! The cake was scrumptious!!! I would definitely go with them again!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Emily · Married on 05/19/2012

Loved my cakes they were delicious and we had tons left over and it kept for three days after before we had to go on our honeymoon and leave them behind! Red velvet and dark chocolate cakes were amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2012

I would highly recommend Vanilla Bake Shop for your wedding! They were one of several bakeries I could choose from as part of a wedding package at Shutters on the Beach. For starters, I was impressed with the bakery's customer service and organization. My husband and I were not able to schedule a proper time to come in for a tasting, and the owner graciously prepared a to-go tasting package that we could enjoy together at home. After the tasting, I scheduled time to meet with Kim, the cake designer, and brought my mom and MIL along to join. Kim was very patient with all the ideas the 3 of us presented and came up with a beautiful design. I was very happy when I saw the cake on my wedding day - it was just like she had drawn out for me a month earlier and it was beautiful! Great job VBS!!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Jaimie · Married on 04/29/2012

Yuko, the cake designer we worked with, is amazingly talented. Our cake was absolutely gorgeous and was even better in person than the beautiful drawing that Yuko provided after the tasting. We got tons of compliments not only on how pretty the cake was but also on how delicious it tasted. We apparently had issues with guests moving to different tables so that they could get two pieces of cakes-it was that good! We had two flavors-berry short cake and fleur de sel. Both were fabulous. We had planned on freezing our top layer of cake, but wound up eating it the next day because it was so yummy. I highly recommend Vanilla Bake Shop.

Sent on 12/26/2012

Kathy · Married on 04/28/2012

I love Vanilla Bake Shop! First, their cupcakes, cakes, cake lollipops, dessert shots are so yummy. Second, I can't say enough about how patient and helpful Yuko was. She helped me put together my dessert table and when I freaked out about how big this one apothecary jar was she calmed me down. When I changed my cake she was accommodating.

It's a cute little shop with Great cupcakes and a great wedding esthetic. We just love'm.

Sent on 05/09/2012