Vancouver String Quartet Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Scott D. Married on 08/20/2021

Vancouver String Quartet was Superb!

We hired the Vancouver String Quartet for our daughter's wedding ceremony. The four musicians arrived early for their warm up. They performed a lovely prelude before the ceremony, the entrance of the wedding party as well as the recessional (exit). They even stayed after for a few more songs as guests were exiting the venue. Alistair was flexible and easy to work with. The quartet was professional and the music was superb! Several of our guests mentioned that the addition of the strings created an absolutely perfect ceremony!
  • Kari
    Kari D. Married on 06/19/2021

Exceeded expectations

The Vancouver string Quartet blew me away with their talent. They are extremely professional and provide top of the line quality quartet music. I am a bride that got married June 2021 and originally suppose to had been married 6/2020.
    When I was walking down the isle, listening to the music, it was everything I have ever hoped for in ceremony music. It was more than I could have ever imagined it to be. Setting the mood to exactly what we wanted. We even requested the group to learn two new songs for us and they were perfect.
    We had so many changes and vendors fall through from the previously scheduled date but the Vancouver String Quartet kept their word in every way. I plan to use them in the future for other events. Thank you all for everything!

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

It was a pleasure playing music for your wedding ceremony. Great special song choices. What a beautiful outdoor wedding venue. Best wishes to you and your husband!
    Victoria S. Married on 10/10/2020

Great musicians who adapted to the conditions very well

Despite the outstanding heatwave that hit the weekend of our wedding they were fantastic. They adapted with us as we changed the wedding program and moved events from outside to inside. Would definitely recommend the Vancouver String Quartet.
  • Raghad
    Raghad B. Married on 06/20/2020

Caring, professional, and respectful!

Matt was responsive and caring. Although I was not familiar with the songs, he walked me through how to make my picks... he was very professional and put my satisfaction first!
  • Sarai
    Sarai S. Married on 09/20/2019

Romantic setting!

I LOVED everything about the quartet! They were amazing and in point. They knew exactly what to do and what to play. I recommend them 100%.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! We loved playing music for your wedding ceremony and enjoyed playing your song choices. What a beautiful day and wedding venue. Best wishes to you and your husband!
  • Aaron
    Aaron Married on 08/24/2019

Great and professional

They were professional, showed up on time, played the songs we requested, and added to the ambience of the venue.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

It was a pleasure to play for your wedding! All the best to you and your bride! Hope you continue traveling the world together.
    J And Married on 08/17/2019

Positive, wonderful and beautiful music.

Professional and exceptionally talented musicians. They enhanced and added to the beauty of our daughter's wedding. I highly recommend them. We received many compliments from our guests.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you very much! It was a pleasure to play for your daughter's wedding! It was beautiful.
    Best wishes!
    Elisa Married on 06/01/2019

Beyond beautiful

Coming down to isle to live music was a dream. They sounded so beautiful and were so talented. It was more then what I dreamt it would be. All the guest loved them.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

It was a pleasure to play for your dream wedding! All the best to you and your husband!
    Liana Married on 05/26/2019

Exceptional service!!

Vancouver String Quartet were extremely professional and provided exceptional service! The music was stunning and everybody loved them! It was truly a dream wedding.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

It was a truly a pleasure to play for your wedding! All the best to you and your husband!
    Sarah Married on 05/25/2019

Lovely addition to our tiny wedding!

We had the Vancouver String Quartet play at our intimate home wedding. Without a wedding planner or clear direction, the two players quickly settled in and started to entertain our guests. The music was beautiful and made our special day elegant and memorable! Highly recommended.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Our violinist (Elizabeth) and cellist (Erik) loved playing music at your wedding! Love the attached picture you sent. All the best to you and your husband!
    Leila Married on 06/29/2018
    We hired Vancouver String Trio for our outdoor June wedding. They were so friendly and professional, Matt walked us through everything and even asked questions I hadn't thought of. We had them play a special request (Flaming Lips Do You Realize)for the bridal processional and thinking of it still brings me to tears! It was so beautiful and perfect! They arrived in black, and although I wasn't there to witness it, they set up and knew exactly what to do. They are true professionals! I would recommend them to anyone who is considering a string quartet/trio/duo for their wedding. I wish I could give them 6 stars! Our guests were so impressed and have commented on it quite a bit. Thank you, Matt & company

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure to play for your wedding at the Historic Overlook House. All the best!
    Linda Married on 05/26/2018
    Amazing job they did. Matt's communication was top notch and they learned a song for my daughters wedding that helped it be extra special

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! The wedding at the Victorian Bell was beautiful. All the best!
    Laura Married on 07/02/2017
    They were so easy to work with and did such a great job! I had so many comments from my wedding guests about how great the string duo was. I highly recommend them!

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! Your outdoor wedding at Horning's Hideout along the creek was beautiful. Congrats to both of you!
    Cambry Married on 05/28/2017
    We hired the Vancouver String Quartet for our wedding; we asked so much of them; 4 special arrangements of pop songs for our ceremony. They delivered and exceeded our expectations! The songs sounded amazing; exactly like the original versions with a beautiful orchestrated sound. Matt was very easy to work with and communicated quickly with me via phone and email. I was so thrilled having them at our wedding and cocktail hour and would absolutely recommend them!

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! Your wedding at the Oregon Golf Club was beautiful. Our arranger, Cynthia, enjoyed arranging the pop songs you requested. They were so fun to play and made it into our repertoire gig books! All the best to you!
    Connie Married on 04/30/2017
    Matt--We were so blessed by you sharing your musical talents with us at our wedding at Ainsworth House. Many of our guests mentioned how much they enjoyed your music, and your performance was beautiful, especially "Hallelujah." Thank you so much, God Bless! Connie & Walt

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

You had a beautiful wedding! Thank you for your kind words and best wishes for your marriage!
    Charlie Married on 04/01/2017
    Highly recommend. The quartet made our event special and were flexible when we made changes. The performed at multiple venues and were accommodating about the music choices. They played beyond the planned time and performed beyond my expectations. When you plan a wedding it's nice to know you can rely on the vendors who do more than you expect. It makes the event go much more smoothly.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

We loved being a part of the wedding and reception and are glad we could add the right music to the special event!
    Best wishes to you and your family!
    Lewis Event on: 02/20/2017
    Matt, a member of the string quartet was hired to play for my 90th birthday celebration. His music, professionalism, and willingness to perform from table to table was just what we wanted. He accepted this assignment even though his wife was going to the hospital for the birth of their firstborn son following his performance. There were many compliments about his wonderful music, so we thank Matt for his performance that night.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! Playing strolling violin at your birthday party and dinner for your 150 guests was indeed a pleasure. Congrats to you and blessing of great health this next decade!
    Marge Married on 01/02/2017
    My daughter and her finance are both accomplished musicians, as were many of our wedding guests. We all were pleased and impressed at the quality of the wonderful music provided by the Vancouver String Quartet! They were super easy to work with, able to play traditional classical repertoire for the ceremony and lighter music for the reception with equal expertise and enthusiasm! Well worth the money spent, we highly recommend this group!

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much! We really enjoyed playing music for your daughter's wedding ceremony and reception! Best wishes!
    Nathan Married on 01/02/2017
    The Vancouver String Quartet played for my sister's wedding at the Marshall House in Ft. Vancouver and they were amazing! Matt personally worked with the bride in advance and their arrangements fit the occasion perfectly. The guests were thrilled when they learned we paid all four musicians to stay an extra hour for the reception. Truly a highlight of the night. High quality, professional, great communication, easy to pay in advance online. I would highly recommend...Worth every penny.

Vancouver String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure to play for your sister's elegant wedding and reception! Best wishes!
  • User2676193 2+ years ago
    The Vancouver String Quartet was amazing. They were very professional, and was able to accommodate to our wedding needs, and song choices. We would highly recommend them for any wedding or event. Thank you so much for making the wedding so memorable!
    Lea Married on 09/05/2015
    Thank you for the beautiful music at Amanda's & Brad's wedding. It was perfect!!! What a blessing!! "Home" sounded amazing. I'm so glad the weather cooperated too, lol. It was a pleasure working with you. You made the planning process so easy. Please pass on my sincerest gratitude to the rest of the quartet!!! Again, thank you for a magical night!!

If you are looking for an added/must have touch of elegance, class and formality, the Vancouver String Quartet is the answer!!! They are amazing and so easy to work with!!
    Dani Married on 08/22/2015
    The Vancouver String Quartet played at a wedding I coordinated this weekend in Hood River, OR. They did an amazing job. Obviously very trained musicians, they played beautifully as guests arrived and were seated, helping set a romantic mood. They played music for the ceremony and were on mark with timing and never let there be an awkward moment of silence. I will definitely be recommending them to future clients. It really is treat to work with vendors who are professional and excellent artists. And you can never go wrong with live music for your ceremony. It really does enhance the event!
    Levis Married on 02/02/2015
    What a thrill to have this string quartet at the wedding. Very professional, punctual, and musically fantastic. Received many positive comments about their music afterward. Then it came to my attention that they were featured on the premiere episode of "The Librarians" on TnT. Sounded great on that too. Highly recommended group!
    Shawn Married on 10/04/2014
    I heard the string quartet play for a wedding and reception at the Empress Estates in Woodland. I was impressed by the wide variety of music the quartet presented. This group really added to the classy atmosphere at the wedding! I know they catered to the bride and groom's personal taste in songs.
    I would hire this group and would recommend them to anyone looking for great music at an event.
    Riannon Married on 09/20/2014
    The Vancouver String Quartet was a great company to work with. Very professional and helpful in every way. I appreciate their fast communication via email as that was the best way I could communicate. Matt was the one that coordinated everything and he was great. They were also affordable which was important to us as we were paying for our wedding by ourselves! I highly recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a quartet for their special event!