VanBee & Co. Reviews

35 | Saranac Lake, NY

35 Reviews for VanBee & Co.

VanBee & Co. 1
VanBee & Co. 6
VanBee & Co. 7

Caeli Vilandre · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!

Planning a wedding from 5+ hours away can be very challenging, especially when the venue is a family home and doesn't have your typical wedding infrastructure in place. Katy and her team made the process SO MUCH EASIER! Katy is super organized, very detail-oriented and her passion absolutely shines through in all the work she does. She is very professional but has such a kind, friendly demeanor that she felt more like a friend than a wedding planner!

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Katy's team that was on site as well. Colette and Eileen made our vision come together so perfectly. Every single one of our guests raved about how no detail was missed and how absolutely perfect our wedding was, a few mentioning it was the best wedding they've ever been to! Colette and Eileen were very attentive throughout the night (Colette even saved my dress from a blunder with an appetizer going flying!) but not overbearing.

I cannot recommend this team enough. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and I can honestly say I will miss being in communication with them as I thoroughly enjoyed their company!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    VanBee & Co. 8
    VanBee & Co. 9
    VanBee & Co. 10
    VanBee & Co. 11

Glynis Jones · Married on 08/24/2019

Katy and her team are AMAZING!!

Katy was fabulous to work with, from the earliest stages of finding a venue and booking DJs, she was there with advice at every step of the way. She kept me on my timeline, and helped take away stress with her experience working with vendors in the area.
    Hands down the best part of working with Katy was actually having her there on the wedding day. She helped keep everything moving smoothly during the getting ready process, and made every finishing detail perfect- from flowers on the cake, to getting our champagne glasses filled at the head table. She went above and beyond, fluffing my dress before walking down the aisle, and helping to take our dog out (who participated in the ceremony!). And to top it off, when we woke up the morning after the wedding, Katy had neatly arranged our card box and guest book in the room, and had our welcome sign and flowers there to greet us as we walked out of our cabin the morning after the wedding. Beyond anything else, having her and her team there gave me peace of mind that made it so I didn't have to worry about a thing and was able to fully enjoy my wedding. I cannot recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 09/27/2019
    VanBee & Co. 12
    VanBee & Co. 13
    VanBee & Co. 14
    VanBee & Co. 15
    VanBee & Co. 16

Jessica Bagley · Married on 08/10/2019

Go for it, Katy is a 10/10!

Katy was the perfect wedding planner for us for a number of reason, but if you decide to work with her, know that you will get top level execution, organization and care from her whenever/wherever you may need it.

Chris and I were overwhelmed when we started thinking about our wedding. There are so many decisions to make and things to prepare. Once we added Katy to our process through a friend referral, everything became a lot easier and way more fun.

She comes with spreadsheets of wedding checklists and timelines to help you brainstorm and get started. Then she holds regular meetings with you to review and keep track of all the little details in every step along the way.

She knows upstate NY so well and has all the connections in the area, which is how we found most of our vendors as we planned long distance from CA. She collaborates with other vendors easily. She even met with our venue owners multiple times in our absence to work out logistics and save us trips across the country.

Day of the wedding, we did not have to lift a finger. Katy took care of everything, which gave us the opportunity to enjoy the day worry/planning-free. She was on point with everything from decor to scheduling to last call shuttles, and she didn’t miss a beat.

As a person, she is also open-minded/non-judgemental, which makes her easy to confide in and trust. She is also honest and great with setting expectations. She cares about your experience throughout the process and during your day, which means she is always looking out for what’s best for you.

We couldn’t have been happier with her, or more glad she is a large part of our memories from this experience. We highly recommend her as a wedding planner. Choosing her was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Working with her is bound to be one of the best decisions you make for yours.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 07/27/2019

Could not have been a better experience

My Wife and I live in California but wanted to have our wedding the Saranac Lake region. Planning the wedding from across the country presented some challenges, so we hired VanBee & Co to help us. We were looking to mostly manage the planning process and vendors, but have VanBee & Co keep us on track and help with local coordination, especially day-of.

From the start, Katy listened intently for what we wanted and then helped us create a plan to get there. We started by meeting once a month to ensure we were making progress, and Katy was able to ask us questions to fill in a lot of details we didn't think about. Katy was also very well connected in the Saranac Lake region and personally knew many of the vendors we had selected. As the wedding got closer we started meeting more frequently. Katy also helped pick up some of the slack with some vendor coordination and brought on Colette and Eileen to handle day-of coordination.

The wedding day could have been more smooth. I found that I really had nothing to do or worry about except enjoy our beautiful wedding and celebration together. It was perfect.

I have several friends who did not engage a planner for their wedding, and they have all more or less regretted the decision. You should be able to fully engage in and enjoy your wedding day instead of having to worry about vendors, timelines, and small issues that may come up. I highly recommend VanBee & Co. - they are friendly, professional, effective, and really care about making your day special.

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie Marine · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing!!!

Katy is amazing!! She is professional, thoughtful, and detail oriented. She knew all the right questions to ask, and did’t overlook a thing during planning. The day of the wedding, Katy & her staff made sure everything ran smoothly, and I never stressed a bit! My wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Katy & VanBee Co!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Megan · Married on 10/08/2018

Best decision we made!

Hiring Katy from VanBee Co was the best decision we made for our wedding. She took our vision, made it come to life, and somehow made it even better! Wedding planning was initially a struggle for us but Katy made the process enjoyable and we actually looked forward to our monthly calls. Living 5 hours from our venue should've been stressful, but she made every aspect of planning easy for us. Our wedding day would not have been as special as it was without her guidance and support. We will always be grateful to Katy for all of her help and for making our dream wedding become reality!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Decision Ever: Highly Recommend Katy and Her All-Star Team!!

My husband and I cannot recommend Katy and her team highly enough! Katy was integral to the planning process--making sure everything was done calmly, with plenty of time, and with very little stress, considering the enormity of the task at hand! She gave advice when we asked for it, and enthusiastically, warmly, and realistically supported the ideas we had. Every step of the way, I felt that our plans and ideas were being fully realized by her. She never let ANYTHING drop: she is highly organized and clearly passionate about her job. She is kind and wants to help make this the best day of your life. While highly organized--she is also very calm, which makes you feel that she's in control in a completely NON-stressful way.

I am also organized, but with Katy, I felt that I didn't have to be constantly worrying about all the things I didn't know I didn't know! Her expertise and guidance constantly reassured me that everything would be fine and that nothing would be forgotten.

We also had Katy the day of our wedding, as our on-site wedding coordinator. While I highly recommend Katy as your wedding planner AND on-site coordinator, I know that sometimes people only opt-in for the day-of on-site coordinator. If this is you: DO IT!! I can't recommend it highly enough. That way: you can sit back and relax and dreamily float through your big day with literally no stress, focusing on enjoying your family and friends and new partner, and let Katy handle all the details and timing and everything in between. She was also the one to work with all of our vendors: again, a total game-changer for us. Our wedding would have (literally) been completely different without Katy and her team. We can't thank her enough!!!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 09/22/2018

Essential for Planning in the Adirondacks

Not a single complaint here. VanBee & Co is 100% worth every penny. Katy has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to wedding planning and you can't go wrong with her team's level of service, commitment, and dedication to making your wedding as painless as possible. We could not have done it without you guys!

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Corinne

Corinne Becker · Married on 09/22/2018

A perfect day due to VanBee!

We worked with Katy from VanBee & Co. for our wedding, and could not have had a better experience. Katy went above and beyond to make sure not just our wedding, but our engagement party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and welcome party were absolutely perfect. Our wedding was truly so much more special than we ever could've dreamed, and that is largely due to the efforts of VanBee. It's easy to get stressed when planning such a big event, but my confidence in Katy always reassured me. From start to finish, I knew that no matter what, she would be there making sure we had the best day of our lives. You cannot go wrong using VanBee- they are extremely responsive, professional, and affordable. We highly recommend using them for your big day!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa Cochran · Married on 09/15/2018

Stress free

Planning an outdoor wedding with a tent in the Adirondacks can be tricky - especially when living in Colorado while planning. Hiring Katy and her team was a no-brainer as we could never have accomplished it all to make our wedding so successful. They were just on point and organized throughout the entire year of wedding planning. She was able to make local contacts with ease and her recommendations were on point with our style and budget.

I've never been taken care of so well as I was on my wedding week and day-of. The personal attention was positively overwhelming. Any issues were taken care of without us needing to worry. And when the unforseen insects decided to invade our outside reception and 'bug' our guests, the team ran to the store and bought citronella candles.

While I had very specific requests and ideas about how I envisioned my wedding, they never balked or blinked an eye. I had many of my own decorations for my wedding and she took what I had and ran with it. Katy came up with ideas that never would have crossed my mind and made every single tiny detail so special. And even items I hadn't thought of, they were on it - quickly, professionally and with grace. She found resources for my every need: sign makers, hair stylist, DJ and even babysitters! I never once had lack of confidence that my wedding would not go as planned with Katy and her team in charge. Not once did I feel stressed about the planning or decoration aspect of the wedding when the weekend finally arrived. I would definitely recommend Katy and her team to anyone looking to get married in the Saranac Lake area - They are the BEST!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Nina · Married on 09/08/2018

Best Wedding Coordinator EVER!

Katy and her team were phenomenal! I had a very clear vision of what I wanted- so didn't work with her as closely in event design. But she was essential in pulling everything together, and making my vision for our guests experience come to life. She's responsive, pro-active, and just generally great to work with. Super flexible in her approach based on what you need. Over the course of the weekend she was handling any surprises that came her way without ever adding any stress to my experience. I was actually able to ENJOY my wedding and time with my friends. She has great relationships with local vendors (we used her recommendations for flowers and photographer and were thrilled with both) but she was also really flexible about working with new people. We had a catering company based out of state that we really wanted to work with and she was super helpful in making that happen-which logistically isn't necessarily that simple! Anyways- VanBee/ Katy are the best!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Caitlin · Married on 08/25/2018

Highly recommend VanBee & Co!

Katy and her team were fantastic!! They made the wedding planning process much less stressful. They were incredibly helpful, got things done, and were enjoyable to work with. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about VanBee & Co!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Mackenzie Haskins · Married on 06/23/2018

Superhero Katy

Katy was incredibly helpful! She was kind and flexible. She listened to my preferences and paved a way for them to happen. On my wedding day, she was a superhero. I didn't have to worry about anything. It rained at our outdoor venue and Katy flew into action: arranging the items in the tent to look beautiful and accommodate the ceremony, she explained to the wedding party what would change, she made sure everything was perfectly put together. Nothing went amiss. I was able to enjoy my day.

Sent on 10/18/2018
    VanBee & Co. 17
    VanBee & Co. 18
    VanBee & Co. 19
    VanBee & Co. 20
    VanBee & Co. 21
    VanBee & Co. 22

Hannah · Married on 06/16/2018

Katy and her team are absolutely amazing to work with! She has a talent for juggling and her attention to detail is like no one I've ever met. She literally thought of everything and then some. She was very professional, responsive and outgoing which made our vendors work seamlessly together. She took care of all of the last minute prep throughout our wedding week and morning of which really allowed me to be present for the festivities. She is also very flexible and will do as much or as little planning as you need - there is no pressure for a minimum number of hours or certain percentage of your budget. If you want to really enjoy your wedding and be able to take it all in you should absolutely hire VanBee & Co!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2018

Katy from VanBee & Co is by far the most exceptional wedding coordinator that I have ever seen. As an event planner myself, I hired Katy as I was planning a destination wedding in Lake Placid, NY. Being far away and dealing with some difficult venue issues - Katy made the entire process seamless and enjoyable. We had 4 days of multiple events including rehearsal dinners, welcome BBQ's, boat rides, spa days, golf courses, cocktail hours, receptions and a farewell brunch. Katy didn't flinch one time. She was on top of EVERY detail, even things I didn't think of. She was available at all times, literally ahead of me on every question or concern. I can not recommend her services enough. She is spectacular. She even dealt with a difficult vendor with ease. I had absolutely no anxiety or concern the entire 4 days because I knew it was in her hands. Seriously, a true honor and pleasure to work with her.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Emilie · Married on 09/16/2017

VanBee & Co is fabulous. Couples should feel free to trust Katy's advice and expertise - she knows what she's talking about!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 09/09/2017

Katy, Nicole, VanBee & Co. were absolutely extraordinary. We first met Katy over coffee in March in -10 degrees weather to discuss a September wedding. (Visioning a September wedding while the wind is whipping across the lake requires some imagination). She immediately understood what we wanted -- a fun outdoor wedding at an Adirondack great camp. She pointed us to local vendors (rental company, flowers, photographer, catering, band, hair/make-up) who did a great job making this vision come true. It was clear they all greatly enjoyed working with her and respected her. The wedding came off beautifully primarily because of Van Bee & Co.'s dedication, willingness to changing circumstancess (cold weather), great attitude, and consummate professionalism. I cannot say enough wonderful things!

Sent on 11/25/2017
  • Corey

Corey · Married on 08/26/2017

100% Worth Every Penny!

Katy and crew were so on the ball! There are things, like spraying for bugs, that I would never have thought of on my own. She was flexible as far as being there as little of as much as we needed her. Every person I have seen after the wedding tells me it was the best they've been to and had so much fun. I know that this is all because we hired VanBee. Great ideas, zero stress, flexible, detail oriented and just super cool to work with.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    VanBee & Co. 27
    VanBee & Co. 28
    VanBee & Co. 29

Kelly · Married on 07/15/2017

I Loved working with Katie and her team! She made our wedding fun, relaxed, beautiful with amazing food and service. Would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/14/2017
    VanBee & Co. 30
    VanBee & Co. 31
    VanBee & Co. 32
    VanBee & Co. 33
    VanBee & Co. 34

Katie · Married on 07/08/2017

These guys are wedding angels! So professional and organized plus creativity. Exceeded expectations and worth every penny. If you are a bride who has anything else going on besides your wedding (a job or a life) get the VanBee team on your side and save your sanity! Love them so much.

Sent on 11/14/2017

VanBee & Co.'s reply:

We love you too Katie and Colin! Such a beautiful couple.
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/01/2017

Our wedding coordinator with VanBee & Co. was absolutely wonderful! Katy was so helpful, professional, and fun! We could not have imagined planning our cross continental wedding without her guidance. She helped keep us on budget and stress free throughout the entire process. Katy kept everything running smoothly during the reception and helped set up in the rain making sure our outdoor ceremony went off without a hitch. We would 100% recommend choosing Katy for all of your event needs big or small.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Kristina · Married on 10/01/2016

Katie and her staff did an amazing job at my October wedding. We had a little under 250 people and they killed it! Leading up the the wedding day there were so many little details I forgot to fill Katie in on and thought to myself "oh crap," but she magically just knew every single thing that I was thinking and needed and everything was perfect. I can not stress enough to future brides how amazing it is to have a vendor that is professional and on point to just let you be able to feel relaxed and at ease on your big day. Thank you so much Vanbee & Co. for helping me have the most perfect day and an event that my guests are STILL raving about! Youre not just a vendor but your personal relationship you form with your clients is amazing.

Sent on 11/21/2016

lindsey · Married on 09/03/2016

If you're getting married in the Saranac/Lake Placid region, Katy and VanBee & Co. should be vendors you're working with. Born and raised in the area, they have tons of local knowledge and relationships to help you design the wedding you're envisioning. They can do as much or as little as you'd like. Their on-site service was phenomenal and helped me and my husband to worry about very little wedding weekend. Beyond that Katy and her team are just great people. We can't wait to keep seeing them as we return to Saranac for upcoming honeymoons we liked them so much.

Sent on 11/17/2016

G · Married on 08/27/2016

Katy was indispensable , it made the entire wedding experience more fun for the entire family. There are so many details when planning a wedding outside a catering facility, where all those details are taken care of for you. You need Katy! She is a delight to work with, warm and friendly, and always with a big smile and can do attitude. As a member of theSaranac community, Katy has many valued connections with quality people and vendors. Any request made by our family was promptly responded to. Katy is hard working, very creative, and has a keen intuitive nature... All wonderful qualities for making your event a perfect success! Gil

Sent on 11/17/2016

Erin · Married on 07/30/2016

In my mind there is no better company than VanBee and Co. You will not find a more professional coordinator than Katy VanAnden. She knows all the tricks and has the experience you want on your big day. She kept me feeling so secure and calm. I knew I was in good hands the entire time. I give her the highest of recommendations.

Sent on 11/23/2016