Valley Forge Catering Company Reviews

23 Reviews for Valley Forge Catering Company

• Will

Will Shen · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Best Catering Service!!

Mike and Andy are definitely a pleasure to work with. I've never worked with a catering vendor before in my life, and I'm a bit nervous regarding all the food and such because I've heard some bad stories regarding wedding food. However, Mike and Andy are absolute professionals and they let us taste their food prior to signing our contract. We were very satisfied with the food, particularly the salmon and Buffalo chicken, and we decided to go with them for our wedding catering. At the day of our wedding, not only did we have a nice full open bar for all guests, but also nice Chinese miso soup that we did not expect to be that good, good enough that our friends and family from China almost ate them all as soon as the banquet started. And the signature drink though, I can only say WOW: so good, so fruity, and is absolutely my personal favorite (I'll try to make it at home, but I doubt it will be that good)!!!!

Overall, I would highly recommend any couple who has high standards of catering food to contact Mike and Andy, particularly the ones who chose Washington Memorial Chapel and the White Library as the venue because Mike and Andy know the place more than anyone else and they know how to make your special day even more spectabular!

Cheers,
    Tina & Will

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith Lorenz · Married on 10/12/2019

Best day ever.

All thanks to Andy and Michael!

We had our wedding at Freedoms on October 12, 2019! From the moment we stepped foot on the campus we were sold. Michael and Andy were amazing to work with, the grounds were gorgeous, and the food was out of this world! My husband, Ben, and I were blown away by the attention to detail and how smoothly everything went. They took care of it all. We received nothing but compliments from our guests about the food, venue, and staff. We could not have asked for a better day and it's all thanks to them!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Christine Cocozza · Married on 10/05/2019

Extremely flexible, friendly and detail oriented

What can I say, Mike and Andy did everything right. We have zero complaints, as everything went fantastically. They worked with us through thick and thin. They reminded us of things when we forgot, kept us on schedule, and they worked with us when we surprised them. They know how to hold a fantastic event and cause no stress, even when we cause them stress.

The food is seriously some of the best we have had, let alone at a large event. Our guests raved about the fish, potatoes, pork belly, lamb chops, it would be easier to list things that weren't raved about. The staff was also extremely friendly. A few of our guests were very elderly or disabled, and I've been told that they felt very welcomed. Our guest in a wheelchair said she has never been taken care of as they did for her, and she greatly appreciated the lengths they went to help her. Mike and the staff also made sure we were taken care of throughout the night as well.

I cannot stress how much they worked with us to make everything perfect. They were not afraid to show us why something we wanted might be a bad idea, but also would do it if we wanted. When we have another event that needs catering, we will not be looking anywhere else, as I don't think there is better.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie Malone · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Day of My Life

Hire this vendor, they do it all. Andy, Michael & their staff are amazing. They want to make it the best day of your life & they deliver. Great prices for quality food & service. Our guests had a wonderful time & have been sending us complements since the wedding two weeks ago!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Amy · Married on 07/13/2019

Fabulous Experience

Michael and Andy at Valley Forge Catering made our wedding reception perfect. They were helpful, responsive and flexible during both the planning process and the night of the event. They had great ideas and attention to detail while also being open to suggestions. The food was delicious and The Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge was beautiful. I would highly recommend them for a wedding reception or any other event.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Tessi · Married on 12/28/2018

We'd have the reception here again!

First of all, the food was really delicious. That's not a small feat, considering that the menu was custom selected to represent two cultures, Welsh and Korean.
    Second, as if the quality of the food wasn't enough, Michael was incredibly easy and down to earth. His recommendation for table placements and seating, order of events (we had a Korean ceremony as part of the reception), etc. helped in so many ways. Michael was like an amazing knowledgable uncle who's responsive, caring, and just takes care of you before, during and after the event.
    Finally, for all that, the price was really, really good.
    Really, really happy we went with Valley Forge Catering Company!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Caroline Griffith · Married on 10/20/2018

If you don't want a run of mill wedding, look here!

If you are looking for the wedding you've been pinning before you even met the mate then this is your place! Andy and Mike do not treat you as a sale, they treat you as a person who has a vision for a day that begins a new chapter in life. They listen to your thoughts, and help you to truly envision this day. They had ideas for my ideas and brought their years of expertise to the table for the better. We had the most perfect day and not only because the rain only lasted for a few hours. Andy, Mike and the entire team put me at such ease. They knew what I needed before I needed it, they kept me abreast to the schedule and overall I never had to worry about a thing because they definitely had it under control. The staff was phenomenal, one of the most professional I've seen even in comparison to other weddings and country clubs. They made every guest feel important, and treated them like a member of their family. I cannot say enough, and thank you is not even close to what I want to say to express my gratitude. My husband and I were sold from the first meeting(him for the price and me for knowing we'd have the wedding of the year) even to the point that I changed my date which I vowed not to change because I knew we would have the perfect experience and we did. It's been 4 months but the amount of texts we still get complimenting the food, service and venue are overwhelming and special.

Sent on 02/26/2019
  • Joanne

Joanne · Married on 09/08/2018

Best wedding food you will ever have

Valley Forge Catering was the best decision we could have made for our wedding! The venue itself is beautiful and spacious, with views overlooking a valley of trees of one side and an adorable brick patio on the other. There's a separate lobby for cocktail hour and tons of options for an outdoor ceremony!
    The owners, Michael and Andy are wedding professionals who will take care of you like you're family. Michael was amazing with day of coordination, getting people to transition to dinner, and overall ensuring the wedding flowed beautifully! While Andy made the most delicious food, his French culinary background really shined through. All our guests raved about the meal for months afterwards! Together they are simply a brilliant team that balances expertise in their field with the heart and care you'd wish to find on your big day.
    Our experience was nothing short of amazing; if you don't want a cookie cutter wedding package go with Valley Forge Catering. Michael and Andy will work with you to have your dream wedding, while still being more affordable than the pre-packaged places. And most importantly THE FOOD IS SO GOOD!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

Andy and Michael were the dream team! Anything we wanted, they were happy to do! From the food, to extra staff, to our awesome bartenders, they seamlessly managed the whole day! They were great about meeting in person and going through the whole day, our vision, taste testing etc. Wouldn't recommend anyone else!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Karen N · Married on 06/09/2018

The Best Catering Company EVER!

You will not regret your decision to work with Valley Forge Catering! Andy and Mike are THE BEST!!! They are so accommodating and go far above and beyond to make your day perfect. They have an insane amount of experience in this industry and you will truly will not find anyone better!
    Aside from their service, professionalism, and experience, their food is OUT OF THIS WORLD! 9 months later, my wedding guests are still RAVING about the food, saying that they have never eaten better food at a wedding. It made our wedding that much more memorable for everyone who attended.
    Trust me when I say, you will not regret your decision to hire Valley Forge Catering!

Sent on 01/25/2019

Beth · Married on 05/19/2018

Our wedding was on May 19, 2018. From the time we booked Michael and Andy until our wedding day, the whole process was 100% positive. I never felt stressed because they eased any concern of ours that came up. Michael responded to emails or phone calls within less than one day. They were fun, friendly, and truely love what they do. Their staff is phenominal. I felt like they were part of our family. The venue was beautiful and was perfect for our 80 guests. The food-perfect. This is not your typical banquet food. They were flexible with payments as well. We will absolutely hire them again im the future and you should too!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Dianne · Married on 04/28/2018

There are so many good things to say about Michael, Andy and their incredible staff!!! From the very first telephone call to inquire about Valley Forge Catering Company's services to the day of our wedding on April 28, 2018 and even chatting after our wedding. The professionalism, attention to detail, the warmth, the laughs, the beautiful unique venue and the food! Oh the food! So delicious. When researching caterer's to potentially have our reception at our new home, I came across Valley Forge Catering Company. After meeting with Michael and Andy at the Freedom's Foundation at Valley Forge, we just loved the venue and felt very welcomed and at ease with Michael and Andy. We looked at other venues/caterers and didn't get the same vibe. We are so happy with our choice, I can't even put into words.
    Some members of my family have Celiac Disease, which means they HAVE to be gluten free. Other family members/guests are gluten intolerant or sensitive. When discussing the menu, we discussed gluten free items. At our tasting.... WOW.....they made almost the entire menu 100% gluten free!!! You would never know it! The sauces, the breading and dessert, so delicious! It was so nice that we didn't have to worry about our guests. If they had allergies, you name it, they had it covered! In the planning process any questions, answered. Any concerns, put you at ease. Stressed... joke coming your way. Day of the Reception... flexible. I had the opportunity to meet some of Michael and Andy's staff prior to the day of our reception. Very impressed. That day and the day of our wedding, they couldn't do enough for us or our guests. So pleasant and non-obtrusive, many of our guests mentioned the staff member by name. I said to my husband when we sat at our table, 'I feel like I'm in a dream'. Michael even held the top of our wedding cake in their freezer for a little while as we had forgotten it the night of the reception. Truly wonderful experience!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Hannah · Married on 04/14/2018

Our wedding at Freedoms Foundation with Valley Forge Catering Company was better than I even imagined! Mike and Andy are great to work with; they care so much about their food and the work they do and it shows. They give great advice and are happy to make your wedding into whatever you want it to be - whether it's recreating a recipe from a restaurant you ate one time or helping you stick to a minimalist budget, they'll do it for you with a smile and expertise. Everything went off without a hitch the day of our wedding. The food was amazing (as many of our guests commented), the service was great, and space was gorgeous. If I ever need to throw another big party, I know who to call - I certainly recommend working with Mike and Andy any day of the week. Thanks guys!

Sent on 04/26/2018

lorrie · Married on 11/05/2017

We can't say enough good things about this venue and caterers Michael and Andy. All of guests loved the food and beautiful lobby and reception area. We used the chapel, which was absolutely wonderful. These caterers are gracious hosts, didn't cut corners, worked with us to make the day specialized for us. The servers and bartenders were friendly and professional.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Valley Forge Catering Company is owned by two of the nicest most genuine people in this business. Mike and Andy are so attentive to detail and to quality that you would not believe they can produce such amazing food for large weddings. They will not put out a single piece of food that isn't perfectly prepared. My bridesmaid, for example, is a vegetarian and told Andy this was the first wedding she had ever been to that the green beans had any seasoning (meanwhile Andy seasoned them perfectly!).

Both are also so attentive to the bride and groom. Mike ensured both my husband and I had our own personal wait staff so that we could enjoy cocktail hour food and drinks. They legit just followed us around as we took pictures! Mike also saw that we were going around and talking to people during dinner and made sure to bring our food to our table, since we had a buffet. Not only did he bring everything we liked, but the exact way we liked it! He remembered how we liked our steak prepared from our tasting, and lo and behold, perfectly cooked steak was sent to our table! These little things set them apart from other vendors!

My one piece of advice to other brides when thinking about using the Freedoms Foundation for your event: Don't overlook it because it is not your stereotypical wedding venue ballroom. You can create an amazing wedding if you work with this company! I personally wish I could issue them 5000 stars, instead of 5, so take my advice and book with Valley Forge Catering Company!!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Elaina · Married on 11/07/2015

The Freedoms Foundation was the perfect venue for our fall wedding. The atmosphere was amazing and the food was out of this world. Valley Forge Catering Company was more than just a caterer. They were the perfect wedding planners and most wonderful people to work with for my special day! People are still talking about our wedding and want us to host another party there because they had so much fun and the food was top notch. I can't convey how happy we are that we had our wedding at the Freedoms Foundation with the Valley Forge Caterers... Andy and Mike made our special day PERFECT!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Paul · Married on 11/29/2014

Professional, well organized, creative ideas, wonderful food...took a significant amount of stress out of the procress and attended to everything...we started with a caterer and finished with friends - a truly wonderful experience

Paul and Jayne

Sent on 02/19/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/20/2012

Connie, Andy & team were fantastic. Connie worked with us on our strict budget to have a classy & fun wedding celebration. The food was absolutely delicious and the team was super. Connie's attention to detail and responsiveness made for a flawless day. So pleased. Would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Kate · Married on 10/08/2011

I cannot say enough great things about Ludwigs Gourmet! Working with Andy and Connie was a wonderful experience. Connie was quick to respond to emails and help me out with designing a classic and elegant reception. Andy was absolutely amazing helping us choose our menu and being a great friend when I wasn't sure what to decide about all those 'little details.' The food was so delicious, all of my guests raved about it for weeks after the wedding. Everything was perfect for my wedding and Ludwigs definitely made it happen!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Shannon · Married on 06/05/2010

Ludwig's catering met all of our needs. Andy met with us to determine a menu based upon our tastes/preferences. The presentation of the food exceeded our expectations. The staff were curtious and professional. Our guests are still talking about the food that was served that night! I highly recommend this caterer! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/10/2011

Terri Ann · Married on 05/23/2009

I would give 5.0. The service was exceptional. They were very professional and it was the best day of our life and we did not have to worry about one detail. I have recommend them and will continue too.

Sent on 01/24/2011

Carrie · Married on 10/18/2008

I was so pleased in all of the work we did with Ludwig's Catering. Connie and Andy did so much more than our food.
    Connie helped to arrange rentals, coordinate the schedule before the day of as well as keep it running on the day of, and was great with any kind of questions we sent her way.
    Andy was in charge of our food, which was FABULOUS. Everyone commented on how our food was delicious and different from the norm (because they let us custom design our menu). They were so open to ANYTHING and gave us as much control as we wanted. The details I was very picky about Connie let me be picky and controlling over, and the ones that I wasn't interested in dealing with they took care of as long as I provided them with enough information.
    The day of the wedding, everything ran quite timely and I felt like they were constantly there making sure things were running smoothly. Afterward, we didn't have to deal with them much, as they did a great job making sure things were all wrapped up and tucked in and, short of a thank you note, everything was done the night of!

Sent on 11/11/2008

Nicole · Married on 10/17/2009

3.0
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

Connie's food is delicious, and it is great that she handles rentals and some decoration of the reception venue if you use the Freedoms Foundation. Food prices are reasonable depending on your selections, her menu is large, and she did work with us to cut costs. Vegetarian meals are available and delicious.

However, her communication is mediocre and she lacks the attention to detail required to truly be an effective wedding planner. Many emails and phone calls went unanswered for weeks.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Valley Forge Catering Company's reply:

We now respond to all emails on the day received, I think you will find our service requests to be very responsible.