Val Vista Lakes Reviews

103 | Gilbert, AZ

103 Reviews for Val Vista Lakes

• Amy

Amy · Married on 11/15/2020

Beautiful Venue and Friendly Staff!

We toured the venue this month and it was lovely! Mackenzie was very friendly and helpful. It was an informative tour and we're looking forward to the open communication as we plan our wedding. We've booked this venue and can't wait for our special day!

Sent on 06/24/2020
  • Wayne

Wayne Chin-Duncan · Married on 02/22/2020

Val Vista Lakes Wedding Venue 02/22/20

Janet, Janel, and Mackenzie were amazing working with us to use Val Vista Lakes as our venue. They were so informative in giving us our first tour and answering any questions while we were looking for a venue and even more responsive with our questions after we signed with them.

We picked Val Vista Lakes because it's such a beautiful venue with a beautiful reception area with a window wall that looks out to the lake and hardwood floor and chiavari chairs inside. We loved that we could choose all of the vendors that we worked with and ended up using several of the vendors that were on Val Vista's recommended list. It definitely made our wedding feel more like us and less like a package that we had no agency over.

On our wedding day, the grounds and reception area were both immaculate and all of tables and chairs were ready for us to setup before we arrived at the venue. Mackenzie was also there in case we needed anything but the rest of our vendors were already experienced with Val Vista Lakes so the entire day went very smoothly. We had 162 guests (17 tables) and the reception area was a good size to seat all of them and still have room for the dance floor and room for the bar. You could probably comfortably seat another 3-4 tables. Also, because the venue also has the living room area, lawn, patio, beach, and garden areas there was plenty of space for our guests to mingle around during the cocktail hour and reception.

Our wedding was just perfect and we can't thank Val Vista Lakes enough for being a part of our day.

Sent on 03/08/2020
  • Brandi

Brandi and Jacob Delaney · Married on 10/19/2019

Desert paradise!

Janet, Janel, and Mackezie made our wedding day so easy! They kept in contact months before our wedding day, made sure that we knew what to expect and help plan our day of to a T. They worked with our day of planner seamlessly bringing the all around vision of our wedding day together and I can say honestly 100% say that it was so much more than we expected! It was the best day of our lives and all of these reps worked so hard to make sure it was. The ceremony space, reception, cocktail hour space, brides room, kitchen, literally everything was perfect and we had 200 people at our wedding! We are so thankful that we chose them and recommend them with the highest honors!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Amber

Amber Welker · Married on 09/21/2019

Such a beautiful day! Awesome Venue!

So I’m gonna give you future brides a little heads up about Val Vista Lakes. In the summer - up until September 30th - Val Bista Lakes will give you a great deal to book their venue because that’s Arizona wedding off-season (cuz it TOO DANG HOT!). There are three areas you can rent at Val Vista Lakes (aside from the conference hall but that’s not wedding related): the reception hall, the grassy oval (good for a ceremony), and the Palm Patio (perfect for a cocktail hour. With any rental you have to at LEAST rent the reception hall (which you could use as your ceremony and/or reception area), but you can also the grassy oval, palm patio, or both! I ended up renting both and booked my wedding date for September 21st and got 25% off the rental! So if I’d booked any other time of year (fall through early spring) I would've had to pay $5600 but it ended up only costing me $4200(and that’s including the deposit that was later refunded to me)! And The great thing about Val Vista Lakes is that when you book with them, yours is the ONLY event going on at that Venue, no competing for parking, no wandering guests. And you can also take pictures just about anywhere around the venue, in the pretty beach lagoon, or up on the hill and around the waterfalls, it’s gorgeous!
    The rental only comes with tables, chairs and your choice of special color lighting in the reception hall, but that was perfect for me cuz I could choose whoever I wanted for my vendors(which was a rather unusual bunch lol). Also you could rent more things on top of the space such as a boat (it IS by a lake!), a TV to show video or slideshows and Chiavari chair upgrades. I didn’t end up renting those cuz I couldn’t afford them but they were still really cool options!
    The event managers were really helpful and very communicative and at the end of the event they even gave me this beautiful frame as a gift! How cool is that??

Sent on 11/21/2019

Stepheny Hof · Married on 03/20/2019

Fabulous venue

Working with the ladies at. Val vista lakes was seamless. The venue and the grounds are beautiful!

Sent on 04/11/2020

Evie O · Married on 03/16/2019

Best decision

We’re so happy we chose Val Vista Lakes. We got married on 3/16/19 and everything was perfect. The staff is helpful and responsive, the updated ballroom is gorgeous and the grounds make for beautiful pictures. I loved that we were able to bring in all our vendors and customize our perfect wedding. I would absolutely recommend- in fact, I already have. A friend of mine is getting married there in March of next year.

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 02/09/2019

Such a beautiful venue

The Val Vista Team was really great to work with from our initial visit all the way through the wedding day. This venue really feels unique and being able to bring in all your own vendors really makes things flexible.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Marie · Married on 02/18/2018

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Val Vista Lakes couple of months ago and we are very happy we picked this place as our wedding venue. The place is absolutely beautiful. There are multiple spots for awesome photos. We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was. Not only is the place beautiful but the staff are very accommodating. They are quick to respond to my inquiries and are very professional. Mackenzie was absolutely wonderful to work with. She assisted us the day of our wedding and the rehearsal. She made sure we got everything that we need and is just very helpful throughout the process.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Michelle · Married on 11/04/2017

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Val Vista Lakes on 11/4/2017 and everything was perfect. The staff leading up to and the day of were so great and helpful the entire time. The venue is so gorgeous that you don't even need to decorate, which really helps a lot. Every guest complimented how beautiful the venue was and how nice the staff was. Mackenzie was the true MVP. She assisted us the day of the wedding leading up to the ceremony and I would have been seriously lost without her. Val Vista Lakes, thank you sooooo much for everything!! Your staff made my wedding experience amazing!!!

Sent on 11/16/2017
  • Melia

Melia · Married on 04/22/2017

i absolutely loved working with Janet and Angie and Val Vista Lakes! They were both so helpful during the planning process. the venue is stunning!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Alexandria · Married on 04/09/2017

Just got married here last Sunday on April 09, 2017! With all the venues we looked at and with what we were wanting we couldn't have got any luckier to have found this place! Janet and Angie were so helpful the entire year of planning and all the questions we both had. The venue is absolutely beautiful and kept in wonderful condition. There were people outside swimming during our ceremony and the parents had the little kids extremely quiet and behave and the older kids were also very respectful, you couldn't even tell they were there! Loved the fact that you could bring your own alcohol as long as you had licensed bartenders, loved that you could be there at 10am, and really loved how much we saved by doing it on a Sunday! I would highly recommend any wedding or party here! We loved everything about it and our special day!

Sent on 04/15/2017
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 03/12/2017

Beautiful venue! Very reasonable rates and allow you to bring in your own vendors for no additional cost. (Which is cheaper than any inclusive packages!)
    Responds to emails prompt responses and works with your schedule.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Danielle · Married on 12/14/2016

Staff was great and helped a lot!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2016

This has got to be one of the most beautiful places to have a wedding ceremony at. The grounds are amazing. Janet and Angie were wonderful. They helped us plan and answered my many emails promptly. They both were there the day of our wedding making sure everything was moving along as planned. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding and reception. Very Very nice!

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • pumpkingirl

shannon · Married on 10/28/2016

If you're looking for an outdoor garden wedding and spacious indoor reception, you MUST check out Val Vista Lakes in Gilbert. It's perfect and the wedding coordinator isn't pushy and will work with you in regards to payments and your date. I suggest the more advance notice you give, the likely your date will be available. Don't wait til the last minute. Book as soon as possible! Oh, they have TABLES AND CHAIRS! Yay!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Janelle · Married on 04/29/2016

Val Vista Lakes is the best venue! When my fiance (at the time) and I parked to do our consultation we knew immediately we wanted to getting married there. Then we met Janet and Angie, two AWESOME ladies to work with- thank you guys! The venue was clean, the ceremony grassy circle was gorgeous, great landscape, beautiful waterfall, it was exactly what we pictured for our ceremony spot. Very San Diego-like! Cocktail patio was perfect for our guests. Great spacious patio with tables & chairs with a nice bar on the lake. And of course the reception is always the most fun! We wish they offered a reception to be outside but the inside worked just as fine! Perfect setup, tables/up graded chairs/bar/full kitchen/stage/dance floor/bathrooms/ etc. It was the perfect night for my husband and I. I will say, without Angie and Janet we would have been lost. They were so quick to reply to emails (within a couple hours), they were right next to us as we made decisions and offered wonderful advice. Go to VVL if you are looking for your venue to be outside by water, green grass, waterfall as your background, friendly service, elegant and classy. Thanks VVL! We absolutely loved our experience and do it all over again if we could!

Sent on 05/26/2016
  • Sumit

Sumit · Married on 03/28/2016

Such a hassle free experience dealing with the management of Val vista. They helped us by providing all the details needed to plan out our wedding. Angie was always available over the phone in case any plan needed to be changed, even if at the last minute.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Pat · Married on 10/19/2015

This is an absolutely beautiful setting for a wedding. The event planners are very helpful and courteous. The lakes, pools, waterfalls, palm trees are just stunning. The wedding was all we could have hoped for. We highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/23/2015
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 06/07/2015

Val Vista Lakes was great the whole way through. The venue is beautiful, there are so many beautiful spots to take pictures. Janet was always quick to respond to our questions and made so many helpful suggestions for our wedding. Angie was great on the wedding day, she helped everything run smoothly.

Sent on 09/11/2015

I had my wedding at Val Vista Lakes and it was perfect. Janet was so easy to work with, the venue is absolutely beautiful and everyone is still raving about it. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone with a larger size wedding since they can handle up to 200 guests with no problem and your pictures with their beautiful scenery will be awesome

Sent on 05/27/2015

Christine · Married on 03/22/2015

It's a beautiful place! The only complaint I have is that the area for the ceremony isn't completely shut off to the residents during the ceremony.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Lisa · Married on 03/15/2015

We were really impressed with the Val Vista Lakes. It is a gorgeous venue and just what we wanted without going to another state. It's a cross between garden and beach feel. The venue is reasonably priced especially for what you are getting. All the staff were very helpful. I was grateful for Janice's help on the big day.

Sent on 06/27/2015
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/07/2014

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place for my wedding. It was the most amazing setting and Janet and the Val Vista Lakes staff were beyond helpful. I would highly recommend having your wedding at this venue, it was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Carly · Married on 11/06/2014

Janet was absolutely amazing throughout the whole wedding planning process and the day of! She promptly answered all of my emails/phone calls whenever I needed answers or had silly questions. We originally started looking at venues the in May last year and Val Vista Lakes was the first place we looked. We immediately fell in love with this beautiful venue but looked around for several more months. We ended up coming back to Val Vista Lakes to take another look and just knew it was the perfect one. We loved that they are so flexible and allow you to choose any vendors that you want. We were able to save a fortune picking out our own vendors and purchasing our own alcohol to be served. Janet and Erin were amazing the day of the wedding at coordinating getting everyone seated, getting the bridal party lined up and walking on time and making sure everything went smoothly!

Thank you so much Val Vista Lakes for making our day so beautifully perfect!

Sent on 11/28/2014

Jim · Married on 11/02/2014

Good venue for our wedding. Highlights were the ceremony area outside, awesome waterfalls and a really, really great place for wedding pictures. Started off working with Janet, what an awesome lady. Nice to work with and had a great attitude before we booked, showing us around, while we booked the wedding, and all the way up until the day of the wedding!

Our wedding was on Nov. 2nd 2014 and the grounds were in great shape. The winter lawn looked perfect. Everything we asked for for the ceremony was in place with the chairs. On our actual wedding (I believe her name was Erin) as working with us and was extremely polite and helpful.

Venue is in great shape, we probably came here 15 times before the wedding to look at things, measure a few things, show parents, etc. and the staff never had a problem with it (however, go earlier in the morning when you do this so you do not get in the way of anyone else who has the area reserved for the day)

Outside cocktail bar was great. A lot of space and right on the water.

Inside reception area has a lot of space and we were told it can hold up to 200 people. We had somewhere around the neighborhood of 10 plus the vendors and never felt cramped.

We also had rented the boat for the evening as a gift for our guests. The gentleman that took people on boat rides was exceptionally nice. What a great guy. The guests that took a boat ride all commented on how nice and polite he was.

We were able to bring in our own vendors as well which is a great way to save some money if you have the time to do so. We liked it so we could really pull off the wedding how we wanted to. If you do have alcohol served (I couldn't imagine not doing this) you do need to have a licensed bartender, but I was given a list of several companies they recommend.

For the money this place was a sure bet. It really looks a lot more expensive than the price that was charged. Thanks!

Jim and Sarah McAllister