Urban Set Bride Reviews

58 Reviews for Urban Set Bride

• Emily

Emily · Getting married on 11/14/2020

Best bridal shop ever!

I had the best experience with Urban Set! First things first...you are the only bride there, so all the attention is on you. There aren't any distractions or your stylist getting pulled by three other brides for assistance. Speaking of my stylist, Melissa was extremely helpful, fun/bubbly, and not pushy at all. When I first arrived, I was kind of nervous but she made me feel right at home! I never once felt like a decision had to be made that day. Although, I did because I mean c'mon the gowns are gorgeous. The shop itself is so cute! We had an absolute blast at my bridal appointment! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Getting married on 10/16/2020

Love this shop!

Urban Set Bride was the first dress shop that I visited. Hunter helped me pick out some beautiful dresses! We had the salon to ourselves since we went during the week and I loved it! Hunter helped me narrow my choices and defined what I was looking for. She was a great help! My favorite thing about Urban Set Bride is that they have a beautiful exclusive collection from a local designer, Audrey Joyce, only at this shop. I haven’t picked my dress yet but the one I found here is my #1 so far!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Genevieve · Getting married on 08/29/2020

The best of the best

I went to 3 bridal shops in 2 different states before finding ~the one~ at Urban Set. I can easily say my experience at Urban Set was hands-down the best. The ladies here are EXPERTS and are so much fun to be around! USB also has a really wide variety of styles (e.g simple & classic, romatic, boho, lace, etc), colors AND sizes. Christine made me feel so at ease trying on many different dress styles and she and Jennifer took their time giving me advice in person and over email when I was stuck between two colors. I am so happy I got my dress here AND that I have the amazing Heather at the Hive working with me to plan the big day. I highly recommend working with Urban Set & The Hive for a true dream team.

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 05/24/2020

exceptional team and customer service!!

Finding my dress at Urban Set has been the best part of my wedding planning experience thus far! I was so happy that my sister-in-law and Mom were able to be there and help me "say yes to the dress" back in July. Christine made me feel so comfortable and helped make the experience so celebratory and fun for all of us! As we were going through the collection and commenting on what we liked about each dress, Christine was casually observing and making mental notes about our comments so that she knew exactly what we were looking for! I loved supporting their women-owned business so much that I went back there a few months later to get my veil too. Thank you for all that you do to make your brides feel special!!

Sent on 03/17/2020

Urban Set Bride's reply:

Thank you, Jackie! You are so sweet! Especially in these times, these reviews mean the world to us. Congratulations again! - Christine
  • Amy

Amy Gerrard · Married on 12/28/2019

I couldn't recommend Urban Set Bride more

I couldn't have imagined a better wedding shopping experience. I loved that I could see the gowns they have in stock online before my appointment, and that I was able to send my stylist some of my favorites before I arrived to look and try things on. I had so much fun trying on wedding dresses, and even the ones that weren't my style were beautiful and high quality. Jennifer was so patient while I tried on my final two over and over. I ended up picking one and cancelling all of my other bridal appointments. I can't imagine having a better experience or going somewhere with a better staff or selection. Thank you so much Urban Set Bride!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Lauren · Married on 12/21/2019

Couldn't Ask for A Better Dress-Shopping Experience!

I cannot recommend Urban Set Bride enough! Hunter was an absolutely fabulous consultant, whose open, laid-back vibes made me comfortable and ready to find the perfect gown. She offered helpful suggestions and ideas and took all my thoughts on my likes and dislikes to find "the dress". There was absolutely no pressure to purchase the dress on my first visit, and they were wonderful in accommodating a second visit a few days later so my family could see the dress before I made my final decision. I had the pleasure of meeting Christine and Jennifer on my second visit and they were just as amazing as Hunter! So glad I was able to "say yes" to my dress at a local, woman-owned business in Richmond! I cannot recommend Urban Set enough!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Hilary

Hilary Shields · Married on 11/23/2019

Wonderful! Highly recommend!

Highly recommend to anyone looking to hire for a special event!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/19/2019

Love Urban Set!

I can’t recommend Urban Set highly enough! Their shop in Churchhill is so cute and unique. They only do one appointment at a time, so I knew I would have their undivided attention and I wasn’t getting distracted by other people. I worked with Jenn who was absolutely amazing. While I had scoured their website before my appointment and had an idea of which dress I would end up with, she helped me be absolutely positive. She pulled dresses that were similar to my top dress but with one thing different (skirt, neckline, etc.), and it really helped me focus in on what I liked and didn’t like. We narrowed down the top picks, and I was confident in the dress I chose. Jenn was calm, positive, and so personable. She made me feel confident, comfortable, and there was no pressure to buy right away. I also got my veil from Urban Set, because it matched my dress perfectly. I tell everyone to go to Urban Set for their wedding gown; they won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Graham · Married on 10/05/2019

Inclusive, Warm, Genuine, Welcoming

Saying yes to my wedding dress at Urban Set Bride was easily one of the best experiences of my planning process. Urban Set offers an intimate, comfortable, and fun environment to try on dresses. I had the opportunity to interact with Hunter, Christine, and Jennifer in my visits to the store, and all three are absolutely incredible and so warm, welcoming, and genuine. I LOVE that Urban Set is inclusive of all sizes and identities. It was also important to me to buy my dress from a local, women-owned business that gives back to the community, and Urban Set checks all of the boxes and more. They have a great variety of beautiful dresses. I was looking for something classic with a slight boho vibe and eventually said "yes" to a gorgeous Lillian West gown. I loved that they only saw one bride at a time, and I think that my mom, grandma, and two bridesmaids who came with me had almost as much fun as I did! If you are at all nervous about trying on dresses (like I was!), go see the ladies at Urban Set!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Takisha

Takisha · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Bridal shop in VA!

There’s so many great things I can say about this place I don’t even know where to start. The best mother/daughter duo in the bridal business! The best bridal shop in VA! A beautiful boutique. The environment is so warm and inviting. My bridal stylist for the day Hunter was the best hand down! She made me feel so comfortable. She treated me with kindness. I truly could tell she loved to help people and all things bridal. She gave so much information about each dress I tried on making my decision easier. She was perfect! She helped me find my dream dress. If you’re looking for the wedding dress of your dreams don’t look any further this is the place to go.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Mary

Matthew · Married on 09/21/2019

Dream dress I didn't know I wanted!

I had so much fun with the ladies at Urban Set! The private appointment gave it a really special feeling and I was in very good hands. The dress I ended up buying was something I had said I didn't want, but they convinced me to at least try! Highly recommend their great selection, and Christine, Jennifer and Hunter are all amazing women and made me feel so welcome!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing experience

Hunter and Jennifer made my wedding dress shopping experience incredible! They listened to what I wanted and provided suggestions based on their experience. I would have NEVER tried on my dress, but I'm so happy they encouraged me to because it was perfect for body type. My dress arrived quickly and it was easy to store onsite until I was ready for fittings. My dress shopping experience was fun and memorable thanks to the incredible team at Urban Set!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Chidi Uche · Married on 06/29/2019

As special as can be...

There are very few words one can use to describe the experience of searching for and finding a wedding dress. If you're lucky you have a girlfriend or two, perhaps several, and maybe beloved mother-like figure to go through the process. I had some anxieties about looking for the dress, concerns about cost, and worried that I didn't have "the right" people with me to go through the experience (I didn't have a gaggle of bridesmaids and my mom lives on the other side of the country). The ladies at USB, particularly Hunter and Christine, made the whole experience unparalleled. It was about finding the dress that fit my body, personality, and would give off all the energy I hoped to emulate on my big day. And in between they made sure I had fun along the way. Ball gowns, lace, sexy, form-fitted, veils -- the whole kitten caboodle. USB was the first shop I went to and I found my dress that day but they encouraged me to try other dresses on, take as much time as I needed and even let me come in to try it on again when my Mom finally came to visit. They were SO helpful and patient with my mother and MIL and found the perfect balance so everyone was comfortable and kind to one another. Let's be honest, this can be stressful. I can't sing their praises enough! Plus, shout out to a female-owned, Black-owned business with a bridal network that is unparalleled in the central VA region. They know EVERYONE!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Kit · Married on 06/08/2019

Great personalized experience

Urban Set Bride is just one part of the owner's stellar wedding planning skills. Christine's shop is intimate, but I found so many options. This was not the first shop I went to, and in the end, Urban Set had the dress for me!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2019

Incredible

I was not looking forward to trying on wedding dresses...I don't like trying on regular clothes. I had an okay experience at another dress shop, so I was a bit hesitant for my 2nd appointment at Urban Set. Enter Hunter. She made me feel relaxed and put me at ease immediately. I love the privacy of having the space to yourself and Hunter was open to me trying on any and everything. She guided me through several styles and I credit her completely with helping me select the perfect dress. I fell in love the moment I put it on and couldn't have been more pleased. They also give teacher discounts! I also purchased the most beautiful hair piece to go with it. I felt the most beautiful I've ever felt on my wedding day and I thank Urban Set for the part they played in that! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/04/2019

Robyn · Married on 03/30/2019

Extremely helpful and honest with the best dresses for your look!

Super happy to work with Christine and her crew! USB was so helpful and knowledgeable about the dresses and the accessories too! Working with a smaller store was the best idea! They spend more time with you and you know they truly care about each bride.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Emily · Married on 12/01/2018

There is NO better bridal shop than Urban Set. Period. The vibe of the shop is so relaxed and fun, and my group had a blast with Christine. She made me feel so comfortable even though I was trying on dresses out of my comfort zone. I seriously want her in every dressing room with me because she is so honest but still builds so much confidence in you. Urban Set has such a huge selection of gowns in REAL sizes, not off-the-runway sizes, across the board. You can actually see what your body will look like in the dress because instead of clipping dresses that can't close to your bra, they're clipping excess fabric in all the right places. We went to a different shop right after Urban Set and there was no comparison. Urban Set's dresses are gorgeous (you can stalk them on Instagram) and so reasonably priced. After my experience, friends cancelled their appointments with other shops and only went to Urban Set. I can't praise them enough. Picking out my dress has been the best part of wedding planning so far, and it's all thanks to Christine.

Sent on 03/16/2018
  • Emily

Emily Lancucki · Married on 11/11/2018

Best. Shop. Ever.

These women are amazing. Not only do I love my dress, and not only was the process stress free and fun- but they went way way way above and beyond to help me with details I was struggling with. I loved every dress I tried on and could have easily picked a dozen. By far the best shop I visited in Richmond/DC. This is a business that we need in Richmond, and I can’t wait to recommend it to friends and relatives who are getting married in years to come!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/03/2018

Urban Set Bride is THE place to get your wedding dress! I made the trip down from DC and was so impressed with their selection and service. Christine put me at ease immediately - she's knowledgeable and hilarious. They had a great selection of plus-size samples, but she was also great at picking out straight-size samples that I could fit into and get a sense of how it would look on me - she's a wizard with the clips! I'm so glad I visited and excited to be an Urban Set Bride.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Emily · Married on 11/03/2018

Right after I got engaged, I knew the first place I wanted to look was Urban Set Bride. I have heard NOTHING but good things from them and the wonderful people that work there. In fact, I was so confident in USB that I didn't even schedule appointments anywhere else...
    I knew that when I went to go look for a dress that I wanted a very personalized experience and that is what you get there. I didn't even know where to begin! They have such a beautiful selection. I am an extremely picky person, so I figured I would go in and maybe select 3-4 to try on, however, I ended up finding so much more than that. Honestly, I was not excited about looking for dresses. I am so critical of myself and was nervous about how I would choose a dress. However, from the minute I walked in the door there I felt so comfortable and ended up finding a dress that I fell in love with! I highly recommend Urban Set! You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 01/04/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie Lapinski · Married on 10/13/2018

Best bridal experience

I felt absolutely comfortable and calm while trying on dresses. I was so worried about this process and they made it one of the easiest things I had to do. No pressure and no stress. I absolutely would recommend them to any bride looking for a dress, they are wonderful people and so helpful! I also loved my dress!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Catherine · Married on 09/29/2018

I am honestly so happy I found my dress at Urban Set Bride. The entire experience was positive. I found the dress of my dreams & it made me feel so confident on my big day!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

Great ladies, wonderful experience!

Wedding dress shopping was one of my favorite experiences during my wedding planning, and I have Jennifer and Christine to thank! They were so friendly to me and my family and the entire experience was wonderful. They only have one bride in the store at a time, so you have all of their attention. Also, they never pressure their brides into buying. In fact, they want you to sleep on your decision. I was thrilled to come back the next week to say YES to my dress!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

They made finding my dress a breeze

I found the dress of my dreams at Urban Set Bride, with the help of their fantastic staff. Jen found the perfect dress for me after I went through all of the ones I thought I would love after looking online. They are so professional, friendly, and super helpful. Love the ladies at Urban Set Bride and would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Quinnchel

Quinnchel · Married on 08/18/2018

Hands down the best bridal shop in RVA! I am absolutely in love with my dress. The entire process was amazing. I worked with Christine and she was so kind and patient...erased all nervousness. GO HERE YOU WILL LEAVE WITH A BEAUTIFUL GOWN AND AWESOME EXPERIENCE!

Sent on 08/15/2017