Uptown Sound Reviews

212 | McKinney, TX

212 Reviews for Uptown Sound

Andrea · Married on 08/29/2015

Aaron was amazing!!! I had the hardest time finding a DJ...I met with three others before meeting with Aaron, and I just never got the right vibe from them. I didn't do many of the "traditional" wedding rituals at my reception, and Aaron was totally cool with it and never made me feel like I was a doing a disservice to my guests the way the other DJ's had. I had to change venues last minute and he was very flexible. The new venue didn't provide ceremony music like the other one had, and he threw in ceremony music for FREE!! He knew how stressed I was, and I really appreciate him alleviating some of that stress. We had no idea what we wanted for ceremony music and he had a ton of suggestions. We didn't decide our first dance song until about 5 days before the wedding, but he didn't complain and even edited it down for us last minute. He even edited my father/daughter dance to include a section I wanted the night before the wedding at 11 PM...he's seriously the best. He was super appropriate and fun the whole night, and there was never dead airspace. He stuck to my do not play list, and played all my requested songs. He was super polite & professional with all my guests. I am so glad I booked with Aaron & Uptown sound, and I highly recommend him to any other brides!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/13/2015

Uptown Sound & Mason helped make our wedding reception incredible!

We booked Uptown Sound (Mason McDrew) based on a recommendation from a friend and we couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!! Mason is friendly and very easy to work with . He met with my husband and I multiple times before the wedding to get to know us so he could get a vision for a reception that fit our style and personality. He helped us choose specialty songs, uplighting, and even worked through a timeline of the reception with us.

Mason worked with our wedding coordinator to ensure the reception ran smoothly and we didn’t have to worry about a thing besides having a great time. He played all of the songs we requested and got a feel for the crowd keeping them dancing all night! We had lots of guests tell us after the wedding how wonderful our DJ was and we couldn’t agree more! Thank you, Mason!!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Lyssa · Married on 06/12/2015

If you want a DJ who can be professional, attentive, competent, and fun then look no further than Uptown Sound. We had Mason as our DJ and he did a spectacular job! I have worked with Uptown Sound many times and knew that they would not disappoint. Mason was professional and answered all of our questions graciously. He took mine and my husband's quirky taste in music and made sense of it! He was always available to talk about our timeline, and any changes we made were effortless. It made our special day all the more special and enjoyable.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Uptown Sound was so easy to work with. Mason McDrew was our DJ, and he exceeded our expectations! We met with him a few times before the wedding, and he always made us feel so comfortable. Such a friendly and welcoming guy! He made sure to work really hard before the wedding to understand exactly what type of music we wanted to hear at our wedding, and best of all, on the day of our reception, he kept everyone dancing the whole night. Many of our guests remarked about how great Mason was and took down his name for their own upcoming weddings, so you really cannot go wrong with Mason McDrew and Uptown Sound in general. They really are so professional and responsive when dealing with any need you may have. We also rented a photo booth through Uptown Sound. It was exactly what we wanted since it was an Open Concept Booth. This allowed our guests could take larger group photos. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Mary · Married on 05/15/2015

Mason was great! he was the perfect DJ, never did the annoying announcing stuff. he played what we wanted and got the crowd dancing. he also helped us with different song lists to sample to get the perfect one for each part. you never realize the importance for picking songs for cutting cake, tossing the bouquet, etc! he was very helpful!

Sent on 05/29/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2015

Aaron was amazing! From the moment we booked him he was key to helping our big day become a successful event. He listened to my husband and I's very eclectic taste and points of view, met with us more than once to talk about details, and gave experienced advice and ideas for our wedding. He sent us sample edits of our aisle song, father daughter dance, and mother son dance songs before the ceremony so we could practice for the big day. Aaron also took time out of his very busy schedule to met us at the venue prior to the event to make sure everything would run smoothly.

He really is detail oriented and insightful. He was a master of his craft and my husband and I would recommend him for your big day! He is highly sought after and a skillful disc jockey. *Also, one of my guests who attended scooped him up for her wedding! Looking forward to seeing him again!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Charli · Married on 05/09/2015

We first heard Aaron perform at one of our good friends weddings. We had a blast and loved every song that he played. We knew we had to hire him for ours and he did not disappoint! My husband and I met with Aaron multiple times before the wedding. He wanted to get to know us as a couple and find out the music that we listen to. Music and dancing are everything to my husband. Aaron played every song that we requested and added his flare into it. I cannot rave enough about how much fun our wedding guests had dancing. They basically had to be pulled off the dance floor toward the end. We had a last minute rain scare and ended up using a tent for the cocktail hour. Aaron came to the rescue was able to set up additional speakers in the tent so there would be some type of music during that hour. Aaron also was able to make announcements for us during the wedding and commented on certain songs that we had requested for individual friends and family. He is very thorough and even provided us with a list of all of the songs played at our wedding afterwards. I would definitely recommend Aaron for any special occasion!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Katie · Married on 05/09/2015

Mason did our lighting and was the dj on our wedding day. We could not be happier with him and how the reception went. My husband and I have the craziest taste in music...we are all over the place. Somehow mason was able to figure us out and play music we loved all night long. Everyone danced all night. Mason was so helpful, kind, and patient. We would absolutely recommend him and uptown sound!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Scott · Married on 05/02/2015

My bride and I could not have asked for a better DJ than Aaron. We knew after leaving our first meeting with him that he was our guy, and boy were we right. He tailors all the music to your preferences and goes above and beyond to ensure your reception runs smoothly. Not having been involved in wedding/event planning before my own wedding, I was surprised at how involved Aaron was through the entire evening. He essentially was our coordinator throughout the whole reception and made sure we stayed on track with our timeline, along with checking up with my bride and I to see if we needed anything. Seriously, without him I firmly believe our reception would not have been the awesome, dance-filled, energetic fiesta that we were hoping for. Thank you so much, Aaron and Uptown Sound!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Cat · Married on 04/25/2015

I worked with Aaron to do uplighting for our wedding and he was easy to work with and very responsive. He was extremely helpful and I loved the colors he helped us select for our reception.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Amanda · Married on 04/25/2015

Aaron was a joy to work with - so easy and stress-free. We got married at one of the hardest venues in Dallas for vendors to setup, the Arboretum. Aaron not only strung cafe lights and setup two sound systems, but he was ready and playing music at 6 when guests started arriving. He is the best! He kept my new husband (and all of the guests) on the dance floor who NEVER dances. In fact, my husband told me the next day that he wanted to go dancing because he had so much fun at the wedding. The credit goes to Aaron and all of the great songs he was playing. We can't wait to get our photos back to see all of the crazy dancing that went down. Thanks for everything, Aaron!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Diana · Married on 04/18/2015

Mason and the entire team at Uptown Sound were absolutely incredible, not only to work with but during our reception. They were constantly available through texts and emails throughout the entire process. We met Mason about 9 months before our wedding, I like to plan ahead, he was so professional and calming that my fiancé and I barely had any questions to ask Mason and neither one of us wanted to look anywhere else. We sent Aaron a note that we wanted to go ahead and book Mason and that we also wanted to book a Photo Booth. Aaron was very quick in sending over the proposal. The thing that we loved was that the the DJ wasn't an hourly rate but a flat rate for unlimited music throughout the reception, which is hard to find. We met with Mason about a month before the wedding and he walked us through the timeline and which songs we had to pick. He was so patient with us, because we were both stressed and not at all prepared for the meeting. We told Mason we liked all sorts of music and he did a great job of finding a balance of genres. Aaron is great at shortening the speciality songs which is great because I do not like being the center of attention, and the versions do not sound choppy at all. Aaron makes them sound great and no one could tell that they were altered. On the day of the reception, Mason and the gentleman who handled the photo booth were very professional. We actually had the power go out 3 times during the reception due to a storm and Mason went and found me first to make sure that I was ok and then just picked right back up when the power turned back on. No one left the dance floor until the very end, unless they were going to the photo booth :). Everyone raved about the gentleman at the photo booth as well and Aaron sent us the link to the photo booth pictures just a few days later. My husband and I missed the photo booth end time and he even turned the machine back on just to let us take a picture. I highly highly recommend Uptown Sound! Thank you!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/11/2015

Aaron was an amazing wedding DJ! We could not have asked for better! Aaron covered our ceremony and reception and both went perfectly. He met with us several times and really took the time to get to know us and the type of music we wanted at the event. He really made our wedding night extra special! I was able to relax and enjoy the night knowing that he had things covered. He kept the music going the whole night and kept people dancing with the great music! He went above and beyond his job and even checked to see if we needed anything throughout the night. I cannot thank him enough and he really cares making your day special. Our wedding would not have been as great without him.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Megan · Married on 03/28/2015

Aaron from Uptown Sound is a total pro. He keeps everything moving along according to plan with his microphone and his music. If you are looking for a DJ that will take charge of the flow of the evening from beginning to end without ever making it about himself by getting corny or jokey - Aaron is your guy. He said what needed to be said no more, no less. And had a great sense for the music the room was looking for in the moment. At the end of the night people were just saying that they had fun in general without even knowing they were complementing Aaron - which is exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Rebekah · Married on 03/21/2015

Mason McDrew was our DJ with Uptown Sound and our wedding was unforgettable!

We had another DJ in mind (family friends) who was already booked. They recommended Uptown Sound, and we met with Mason a few times before our event. One of the things we I liked most is that Mason really listened to what I had to say (and I’m sure I came across as fairly demanding)!

I knew he was the right guy when he started offering suggestions… such as changing the themes of the music throughout the night to move our event along in the direction we wanted! I’ve dealt with a lot of DJs before and no one had even suggested that!

Although we came pretty prepared, with a list (and youtube addresses) of every song we HAD to have, and which versions… Mason did an excellent job filling in the gaps! He knew how to cut down a long song, when to extend a song, and where it was okay to announce or talk over a part of a song! The party flowed smoothly, and that had a lot to do with Mason & Uptown Sound! As someone else said: “There were no awkward pauses, transitions to slow songs, or songs that were played for too long. The transitions between songs were seamless, and the mix between current and older music had guests of all age groups dancing”. AND dance we did! All night!

Afterwards is what made it truly special. We received an email a few days later asking if we were happy with his service. He gave us a copy of the CD of the music for the ceremony. We asked for the entire playlist of the reception (so we could make our own CD), and he offered the playlist. We are so happy and highly recommend Uptown Sound!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Haylee · Married on 01/17/2015

Mason was the DJ at our wedding & it could not have been more perfect. Not only did he do an awesome job with the music and feeding off the crowd but we had a little snafu with our wedding day coordinator and he took over and made everything flow perfectly. Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and people are still talking about how amazing our DJ was! Pricing was reasonable and our uplighting looked perfect, too! We wish we could do the whole thing over again :)

Sent on 02/01/2015

Aaron is wonderful to work with. He went above and beyond to not only make sure the lights looked wonderful but that the night ran smoothly. He is a great DJ that is fun and really good at what he does. I received compliments all night on how wonderful and nice he is. Thank you for everything on our wedding day!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Elisa · Married on 12/27/2014

We threw several changes at Aaron during the wedding/ceremony (same venue), including changing the ceremony music from live to pre-recorded, cutting several songs, and rearranging events. He handled everything smoothly and really helped lower my stress level! I never felt like I was inconveniencing him or causing a problem by making a change. He checked with me when other people were making changes (like adding speeches).

During the planning process, he also gave some great suggestions that I wasn't even aware I needed to be aware of! For example, for the anniversary dance he had people join the dancing progressively instead of leaving, so at the end of the song everyone was on the floor. He also suggested having a private first dance while the guests were preparing for the sendoff, which was one of my favorite moments from the whole wedding.

Aaron provided an all-around exceptional level of service that went far beyond being the DJ. For example, for our buffet-style dinner, he walked around and dismissed tables (after asking what the order should be!) so there wasn't a huge line. He also stopped by our sweetheart table as we were eating to check on us and get drinks! We provided a few favorite songs and general genres we like, and as a DJ, he played a perfect blend of our songs/genres, guest requests, line dances, and current pop songs.

I almost wish I was getting married again so I could work with this company again!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Kelsey · Married on 12/20/2014

Aaron did a great job for our wedding. He was timely and affordable.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Amy · Married on 12/13/2014

Aaron was awesome! He played music that everyone would love, and the dance floor was never empty. I have had so many guest tell me how great my D.J was!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Shannon · Married on 11/22/2014

If you are looking for someone who is a Master of Ceremonies - someone who is professional, courteous, and interested to meet your needs and wants - Mason with uptown sound is your DJ.

I was really worried about finding the right fit for our event. I have been to many weddings where the DJ's are overly involved - dancing with guests, making inappropriate comments, playing the music THEY like - instead of what the guests hear.

As soon as I met with Mason, I knew he was our guy. After our first appointment, I knew I didn't need to look anymore and cancelled all my appointments with the other vendors I had contacted. His only concern was formatting our wedding how we wanted it to be formatted. He offered suggestion when we asked for them, and gave us time to make up our minds about things we needed time to think about. He did the music for our ceremony and reception. Everything went off without a hitch, He was one of our first vendors there, set up and ready to go.

Other things we liked: Mason has a calming personality, and is very kind. He worked with a coordinator to make sure everything went smoothly. Uptown sound was extremely easy to work with, both Aaron and Mason were very responsive and easy to get a hold of whenever we needed them.

As a further compliment to them, they were recommended to me by my friend whose wedding I attended. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Sent on 12/15/2014

We recently had Mason DJ and do the up-lighting at our wedding. We met with Mason a few times before the wedding to sort out the details and give him our song choices. He was calm and professional and really made us feel at ease. Aaron edited our songs down seamlessly. I think we had the greatest dance party of all time. Our guests stayed on the dance floor till the very last song.

Last minute we wanted to hire a videographer and Aaron worked with us to find someone two days before the wedding. He also helped us to design a custom package to fit our needs.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Shirley · Married on 11/01/2014

What a stunning job Uptown Sound did with the uplighting at our daughter's wedding. I hadn't even thought about lighting the columns, cake or certain tables. We called them at the last minute and they did a beautiful job. Very professional, flexible and a great value. I wish we had known about them earlier since they also have DJ capability. But I can only honestly recommend for Up Lighting.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/01/2014

With only a month until our wedding, we were scrambling to find a videographer. Someone recommended Uptown Sound and showed us their own short wedding video they had just received from them. We loved the creativity and incredible quality shown by that video, and reached out to Aaron hoping that they would be available. Luckily they were, and we are so happy with the finished product! The videographer was so easy to work with. He was laid-back and comfortable in his role, which is so needed on a day as crazy as your wedding day. Our video captures our personalities and everything we wanted our wedding to be. We are so grateful to have such a quality video to eternalize our favorite day! Aaron went above and beyond to work with us and was always willing to accommodate any crazy request we had. I highly recommend using Uptown Sound for videography!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Jaclyn · Married on 10/24/2014

Uptown Sound did a fabulous job for us - especially with the choas Aaron inevitably had to handle at our wedding. The venue changed our set up last minute, the ceremony started late because my sister was stuck and my husband's father had a slight health scare right in the middle of the reception - but Aaron controlled the flow of the wedding so well none of it even seemed to interrupt the energy of the night. I didn't realize how important it is to hire a DJ that not only knows how to play good music, but also how to be a good master of ceremonies. Aaron is a true professional and a delight to work with -- he made everything really easy. I highly recommend him not only as a DJ, but also for his video and light services. I did a lot of price comparisons and he offers great rates for the high quality of services he provides.

Sent on 01/15/2015