Uptown Sound Reviews

212 | McKinney, TX

212 Reviews for Uptown Sound

Katie · Married on 07/14/2017

Our wedding was pure perfection, and a huge part of that was because of Mason, from Uptown Sound. Everyone was commenting on how awesome our dj and music was, and they all had a blast! Mason got so into the music as well, which really helped to get everyone else pumped up!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Stacy · Married on 06/17/2017

Uptown sound was amazing before and during our wedding!!! Aaron was always quickly responsive to emails and very helpful whenever we had questions. He also gave us a deal for using them for both DJ and videography which helped save us some money. Aaron was so organized before the wedding which made us less stressed. He was also an awesome DJ that day! He worked with my wedding coordinator to make sure everything was on track. Our guests loved his music choices throughout the whole day! He's also super nice and professional.
    Uptown sound was also great for videography! I barely noticed they were there which I'm sure will make the video a natural portrayal of our day. They were also very nice and professional!
    Highly recommend uptown sound!!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

We had Mason DJ our wedding and he was fantastic! Extremely professional and quickly responded to our requests. He had good suggestions to get everyone dancing and the dance floor was full the whole time with a large range of ages. We also did the photo booth through uptown sound which was great. Guests loved the booth. They received print outs right after taking the photo and then we received an online album a few days after the wedding.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Melanie · Married on 06/03/2017

Uptown Sound and Aaron did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding reception. He is much more than just the "music guy". He really helped keep the flow of the entire reception going from the very beginning to the very end. He knew exactly what was going on at ALL times. It gave me a great deal of comfort in knowing that so many details were in his hands. He worked very well with our wedding coordinator(Embrace the Day Events) to keep me updated on anything that I needed to be aware of, but allow all of us to not worry and have a lot of fun! The music and dancing were great! He even worked in special music for Superfrog, the TCU mascot! The dance floor was full all night and all our guests had a great time!

Sent on 06/13/2017
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/26/2017

Aaron was AMAZING!!!!! He really helped us pick some amazing songs and he made sure to choose songs everyone loved for the reception. I have had so many people telling me how much they loved him and how great he did! I even saw my husbands grandma out on the dance floor a couple times and she has horrible knees and walks with a cane! I wish I could get married every month just so Aaron could be our dj. He was so nice and just overall really helpful!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Emily · Married on 04/08/2017

Aaron is seriously one of the best decisions we made! He kept the dance floor FULL!!! He really listened to our interests and we felt so comfortable at the wedding with him at the mic. The FLOW of the wedding was perfect. He was unobtrusive and communicated with our other vendors to make sure cake cutting/bouquet toss was all in order before announcing. He had everything needed for the Ceremony (multiple microphones, stands, etc.) and even Mic'ed our harp player last minute. He cut shorter versions of the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance songs for us to choose from, secured a karaoke version of a song for my sister to sing to, and even put together a mash up of songs for a Groomsmen Dance-off. Everyone LOVED him!!! Also, he dressed professionally (something I've seen other DJs not do)! We loved him!!!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Catherine · Married on 12/28/2016

Aaron was a pleasure to work with! We were so happy to have him as part of our big day! He really listened to the music choices that we asked for, we had a great selection of fun and upbeat songs to dance to. His shortened songs were wonderful for our dances, it is done seamlessly!! We truly appreciated it as none of us were overly comfortable dancing in front of a room full of people! Aaron always responded quickly to emails and was so easy to work with. He understood the atmosphere we were hoping for and always addressed the room in a friendly and professional manner. We cannot thank you enough for making our night so wonderful!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Mary · Married on 12/03/2016

I am going to be honest, my husband and I were hesitant on booking a DJ for our wedding after we had been to some bad DJ run wedding receptions. We were worried that we were going to have a New Jersey night club reception – LOL! Boy, how wrong were we!!! We met with Aaron and our view of DJs changed 180 degrees! Aaron is extremely profession and he LISTENS!!!!! He put mine and my husband’s fears at ease and helped us create an amazing playlist and reception timeline! Our once fears turned to excitement! Aaron is a great communicator and never once pressured us on any decision. Our reception was AMAZING thanks to Aaron! He was such a great DJ and kept our guests entertained the whole night! We got so many compliments from our guests (they loved Aaron’s presentation style)! Aaron actually saved our reception day too. We were told our venue reception lights had dimmers --- unfortunately we found out the hard way 5 minutes before our wedding that was not the case. Aaron swooped in and helped create gorgeous soft lighting that set the romantic mood of our reception! Aaron we want you to know how much we appreciate you and all that you did for us for our wedding! We cannot recommend Uptown Sound enough – thank you for changing our minds about DJs!

Sent on 02/02/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/12/2016

We used Uptown Sound for our wedding in Fort Worth at the T&P Station and our ceremony at the Marty Leonard Chapel. They were exactly what we wanted in a DJ. We used Jay the DJ that the owner Aaron set us up with. They were both professional and fun! He answered all of my email and questions promptly. Jay kept everyone on the dance floor all night and even one of our friends wants to use them at their wedding. This is an easy and great decision on using this company.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Kelcie · Married on 11/05/2016

We worked with Mason from Uptown Sound and he was such a pleasure to work with. He was very knowledgable on several types of genres, music groups, and songs. We had a brief meeting before the big day and talked through the events of the evening and what we wanted our guests to hear. The ceremony and reception music was just what we asked for and all our guests were on the dance floor all night. Mason did not hog the microphone, but made the necessary announcements throughout the event. I would highly recommend Mason from Uptown Sound as he was professional and very good at his work!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Hannah · Married on 10/29/2016

Our experience with Uptown Sound was wonderful. We had another DJ booked almost a year out, and a few weeks before our wedding, they needed to pull out for personal reasons. My mom got online and found lots of amazing reviews for Uptown Sound, and decided to check them out. I'm so glad she did, because they were able with such short notice to take us on! Mason was our DJ and we spectacular. He was so friendly and professional, and was easy to reach for all of our questions and needs. He even made suggestions to help get people dancing that we hadn't thought of! I would highly recommend them for any wedding or event. Very friendly, professional, and created an amazing experience for us and our guests.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Cynthia · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of working with Aaron by recommendation of our venue's wedding coordinator. It was a huge plus that he was familiar with our venue. We met with him twice prior to the big day and he was SUPER friendly and easy to work with. First, we got to know each other and on the second visit, we buckled down the details. He offered genuine advice when we were stuck and he accommodated some unusual requests with no hesitation. After these meetings, it really felt like we had a friend (and not some hired DJ) running our wedding. On our wedding day, he had a HUGE part in making sure our wedding ceremony and reception went on exactly as we planned and it was perfect! Everyone loved him and he even cut down our first dance song to a comfortable amount of time for us....something I later found out not every wedding DJ did...and for this I'm truly thankful! Bottom line, we trusted Aaron with the most important day of our lives and he delivered way beyond our highest expectations. Thanks, Aaron! :)

Sent on 01/12/2017

Evelyn · Married on 10/16/2016

Uptown Sound was an excellent choice for our wedding. We used their DJ services, lighting, and got a photo-booth from them as well. Mason, our DJ, was not only a huge help in pointing out things we didn't think of (like needing a song to play while we cut the cake), but he quickly learned our tastes and made the perfect suggestions for different points in the night. He was even able to obtain the obscure cover we wanted to use for our first dance, and made no complaints when we had to change the father-daughter dance song a couple of weeks out!

At the wedding itself, Mason handled the ceremony music wonderfully, played an engaging but relaxed mix of music during cocktail hour, kept the songs low enough to allow for easy conversation during dinner, and got anybody inclined to dance up and active when it was party time! He was able to easily emcee the wedding without being obnoxious like some DJ’s can be. Several guests complimented his music choices, and he happily accommodated any of their requests as the night went on. The uplighting Uptown Sound set up during the reception looked lovely, and the photo-booth was a big hit with guests--the guestbook that came with it was also a huge hit, and made for some hilarious viewing when we looked at it the next day.

Any services we received from Uptown Sound were not only well worth the money, but worth well more than we paid! Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Corley · Married on 10/15/2016

A dependable and experienced DJ/MC makes such a huge difference in a wedding - they literally set the tone for the day. And let me tell you... Mason McDrew with Uptown Sound ROCKED! Seriously, we couldn't have asked for a better MC/DJ!

He executed everything perfectly from start to finish. Oh. My. Gosh. We had a blast at the reception and got so many compliments on Mason - he completely owned the space, transitioned everything with ease, and picked the exact songs to keep the party going.

In one word: Flawless. Cannot recommend Mason enough!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Chelsea · Married on 10/15/2016

I cannot leave enough stars for Aaron at Uptown Sound. From our very first meeting, he took the time to know us as a couple - and understand our vision for our wedding. Our wedding ceremony was so beautiful, and he was so helpful with the timeline (we had a '1st wedding' minister) and helping us select every song. For our reception, we let Aaron know that we wanted to have a HUGE PARTY and have our guests dancing all night long. Our dance floor was PACKED all night, and he played our requested songs (including Mambo #5 which is a hugely underrated party song). He also ensured that each point in our timeline was executed, or adjusted if we needed more time on a particular event. Aaron also did the uplighting for our event, and pinspotting. Our reception was beautiful.

On a personal note, I so appreciate the effort and time he put into making our wedding so special. I remember coming out of my bridal suite to see him setting up, and I was totally panicking about everything going perfect. I guess he could tell because he took the time to reassure me that everything was fun and give me a hug. It is so evident that Aaron at Uptown Sound wants your day to be the absolute best. My day was perfect, and Uptown Sound played a huge part in that.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Kimberly · Married on 10/14/2016

You can't go wrong with Uptown Sound. Mason McDrew ensured that our outside ceremony needs were professionally taken care of as well as during the reception followed by dinner in the most elegant barn thanks to his lighting that enhanced its beautiful qualities. Guest of many ages commented on how fun the evening was. Mason didn't steer us wrong when it came to his recommendations on music during the different stages. Uptown Sound will see your wedding / event through - from the beginning to the end --- and will make certain that you are completely satisfied with their services. We can't thank you enough Uptown Sound - we will keep you in mind for ALL of our future events.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2016

We had Deitrich from Uptown Sound DJ our wedding and were so happy with his work. I really enjoyed both of the times I met with him before the wedding to talk about the type of music we wanted, and the flow of the reception. I could not have asked for better music at our reception! He gave the perfect amount of energy when he spoke. The flow of the night went exactly how i wanted as far as playing some older popular songs and top 40 earlier in the night, and then playing awesome dance music a littler later. Pretty much everyone at our wedding danced and we all danced all night because it was one great song after another. I highly recommend using Deitrich from Uptown Sound as your wedding DJ

Sent on 11/03/2016

Caroline · Married on 10/08/2016

Aaron is fabulous! We used him for the lighting at our wedding and we were absolutely blown away with how good it looked. I was extremely particular with the lighting because I believe it sets the mood and can completely transform a venue. Not only was he able to accomplish all of that, but he was extremely accessible and flexible. He was the only vendor I had that you could call up basically 24/7 and ask a question or change your mind about something. He was also the only vendor that showed up to the wedding run through! He will walk you through every step of the way!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/02/2016

Mason of Uptown Sound is amazing, and there's no other way to put it. With every interaction I had with Mason, he was professional, made me feel like he had everything under control (which he did!), and easy to communicate with. Without a doubt, you MUST go with Mason McDrew for your DJ needs. He DJ'ed my brother's wedding, too, so I KNOW he's great!!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Candice · Married on 10/01/2016

Mason with Uptown Sound was our DJ for our wedding and I can not say enough great things about his services. My older sister had used Aaron with Uptown Sound for her wedding five years ago who was also AMAZING. Aaron was unavailable for my date so he recommended his associate Mason. Mason was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was by far the most accommodating of all my wedding vendors. Mason was very organized and prompt in returning emails, phone calls, and text and seemed very passionate about making sure the wedding was everything I wanted it to be. Not only did he do a fantastic job at feeling the vibe of the crowd so that they stayed dancing all night long, he also helped with making sure things ran smoothly during the night and keeping everybody on schedule. He had great suggestions for special dances, and for the rest of the wedding music I gave him free reign. His song selections were perfect, everybody young and old were up dancing for almost the entire night and the next morning every one commented on how much fun they had at the wedding! They also did a fabulous job with the editing of all the music for things like the processional, recessional, cocktail hour, and garter toss, they were able to make everything I wanted music wise happen. I also changed my floor plan 2-3 times and they gave me no fuss at all about it, as well as making some other last minute changes, they were super flexible and accommodating. There were no equipment malfunctions, and all equipment was very unobtrusive and the sound was able to fill the room easily without being to loud for the guests closest to the speakers. My family has used Uptown Sound for two weddings and they are worth every penny. You don't realize it until the day of how your dj can really make or break your wedding. I would definitely recommend Mason again to anyone who is thinking of having a dj for the wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2016

We were skeptical about hiring a DJ because we didn't like how cheesy some of them were. We had met with a couple other DJs in the area and didn't click with any of them... until we met Aaron with Uptown Sound!

Aaron really listened to what we wanted. He played all the music we like and even played a few "party - starters" that we hadn't even thought of. He was a skilled Master of Ceremonies and kept the event on schedule in a professional manner. Aaron's fun personality made it even more enjoyable. People that didn't normally dance, were dancing. Everyone said they had such a great time and I owe it all to Uptown Sound.

I recommend them highly! Worth every penny!!

Sent on 01/29/2017

Peggy · Married on 09/18/2016

Choosing Aaron Kannowski with Uptown Sound to act as DJ, as well as do lighting, for my daughter’s wedding was a Big Win for all involved! Many of our guests remarked on his wonderful, warm speaking voice and great mix of music.

Aaron has the ability to really listen to the Bride and Groom’s vision of their event, then help them shape that idea into seamless reality. Aaron is highly responsive, organized, and a great communicator both on an individual level and with a crowd. He has a state-of-the-art sound system and is able to complete the package with beautiful and affordable lighting which makes the whole room glow with wedding magic.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Andrea · Married on 09/18/2016

My husband, my family, and I were completely thrilled with Aaron from Uptown sound as our DJ/MC and for our wedding lighting. Wedding planning can feel like chaos at times but with Aaron every detail was smooth, well-planned, and well-delivered. He was such a pleasure to work with all throughout the process and was such a hit with everyone on the big day. He was the PERFECT DJ/MC for us. He is a great listener and truly tailors the experience to be right for the couple. He also had wonderful recommendations whenever we were looking for ideas.

I highly recommend Aaron and Uptown Sound. 5-star experience!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Molly · Married on 09/10/2016

Mason transformed our wedding reception into the best dance party! We live in Houston so Mason was nice enough to skype with us to come up with what type of music we wanted to plan for our Mckinney wedding. We told him our favorite songs and which ones we wanted to play at certain times and he listened exactly! I was worried that a DJ might talk on the mic the whole wedding like others I had seen but Mason wasn't like that at all. He did a great job making the wedding flow. The dinner music was great and then everyone was up and dancing as soon as they were done with dinner! I received so many compliments on the playlist- I would recommend Mason to any bride!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Leah · Married on 09/04/2016

Mason was an outstanding DJ! We met before the wedding to discuss the timeline and music genres and he was such a big help! All of my guest commented on how fun and awesome our DJ was!

Sent on 09/14/2016