Uptown Sound Reviews

Uptown Sound 7
  • Baylee

Baylee Compton · Getting married on 04/04/2021

Absolutely Wonderful!

Mason was the DJ for our wedding and he was an absolute joy to have there! The most important things to us on our wedding day was good music, good food, and good people. Thanks to Mason and Uptown Sound, we hit every mark!! He was very professional and super fun. Mason didn't over power the mic and he made sure to keep the flow of the night going. The music was fabulous, too! The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had a blast! Thank you again, Mason!!! Our wedding would not have been the same without you.

Sent on 05/05/2019
    Uptown Sound 8
    Uptown Sound 9
  • Sarah

Sarah Kirsch · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Fantastic DJ!!

Aaron was the best!! Before the wedding he was awesome to talk with about specifics and was really flexible. During the wedding he always gave me a heads up before he announced anything to the guests and just made sure the reception ran smoothly. The best part - THE MUSIC WAS SUCH A GREAT MIX. We had guests dancing the entire time. I'd absolutely recommend Aaron to the next bride & groom!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Maryam · Married on 08/09/2019

Lots of fun and VERY professional

Aaron with Uptown Sound made our day extremely fun and incredibly smooth. He met with us initially to go over some important questions and then a second time to go over day of planning and songs. It was actually a lot of fun. On the day of the wedding, he set up early, made sure to give us and the bridal party the run down and work with our day of coordinator. We even caught a glimpse of him helping set our guest favors out on each table which he definitely did not have to do! He helped everywhere he could which was so nice of him. The set list he played was incredible. Perfect timing with the "must haves" and read the room to keep everyone dancing. We had a half Persian and half American ceremony, reception, and audience and he pulled off the perfect mix for both cultures. We highly recommend Aaron for your wedding. Great guy, very professional, and a lot of fun.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Ethan

Ethan Hettwer · Married on 06/05/2019

Uptown fantastic

Aaron was super helpful in both the DJ and organizational parts of our wedding. He helped us consider things that we may have missed and was almost an impromptu planner. He always jumped right in asking how he could help make our lives easier on the day of the wedding. Very helpful, very responsive, very flexible, was just amazing. Thank you Aaron, we couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Megan Hornberg · Married on 05/25/2019

Aaron was amazing.

Aaron was absolutely amazing. From the music to the ceremony to the reception. He helped us so much through the night one of my friends there asked if he was my wedding planner because they always saw him working. The lighting we added in made my venue even more beautiful. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Elizabeth Masson · Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing Experience

Our experience with Uptown Sound was fantastic. Mason was so accommodating, professional and kind to us as we worked through all of the decisions they needed from us! He was amazing at the wedding and we could not have asked for anything more!! Thank you Uptown Sound and especially Mason for helping us make our special day even better!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Val

Val · Married on 05/04/2019

Uptown Sound is top notch!

We worked with Mason and I can’t say enough about how great our experience was. From the start, Mason helped us determine a timeline, called out different times we’d need different songs, and tolerated all of our questions. On our wedding day, I found him setting up and asked him to cut a song for the ceremony, and he took the time then and there to do it. He did a great job keeping the flow of the event. The groom and officiant were mic’d and easy to hear. He was very professional (dressed in a suit) and found us throughout the night to remind us of the timeline. One of our guests even commented about how well it all came together, specifically referencing the DJ. ALL AROUND AWESOME!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Reid Corbin · Married on 04/20/2019

Mason was great!

Mason DJ’d our wedding and exceeded expectations. He listened to what we wanted and did exactly that. He showed up early and really helped facilitate our wedding. We could not have been more pleased. If you are thinking about booking uptown sound do it and feel confident, these guys are great!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing overall experience

Aaron was incredible and we couldn’t have been more pleased with our choice in DJ. He is extremely professional and easy to work with. He’s very prompt and organized. He made our wedding ceremony and rehearsal a breeze and was diligent about playing all of our specific songs and then some. Not only did we love the excellent job he did, but so did our guests! Don’t even think twice— book Uptown Sound!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/15/2019

Best Decision I Made

Using Uptown Sound was the best decision my fiancé, and I made when it came to essential vendor choices for our wedding. I worked with Aaron, who was there for us throughout the whole process. He sat down with us with a detailed planning session and truly listened to our vision and wants for the wedding (and was excellent at filling in the gaps with great suggestions too!). I can't communicate how much stress of uncertainty was lifted off our shoulders knowing we would have great entertainment/music (a huge part of the wedding!) on our special day. On the wedding day, Aaron worked with my fiancé and our Day of Coordinator, and I make sure everything went as planned and ran smoothly. He is a fantastic "MC" and definitely knows how to cater to a crowd (I would imagine all Uptown Sound DJs are just as good). Our guests were dancing all night long! We highly recommend Uptown Sound for any wedding or special event DJ needs and beyond

Sent on 04/17/2019

Lauren Mcdaniel · Married on 03/09/2019

Mason was awesome!

Mason was our DJ for our wedding and we were impressed with him from the very beginning with how he communicated to us so quickly and was able to help us through the whole process. He made our vision of having a party during our reception come true. We had a great time and he was so efficient with his work. Would HIGHLY recommend. Uptown sound knows how to make their customers happy! They are great!

Sent on 03/17/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Svejkovsky · Married on 02/02/2019

Made the night!

We were directed to Uptown Sound by our wedding planner and knew from our first meeting with Mason he was the perfect choice. We had a wide range of ages and music tastes and Mason kept people on the dance floor the WHOLE night! Everyone commented on what a great music selection we had and it was all because of Mason. He even helped us with our music choices for specific moments such as cake cutting to help with the overall tone of the night! Mason listened to everything we wanted and gave great advice from his past experiences!

Hire Uptown Sound, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/08/2019

Al Ver · Married on 10/07/2018

Awesome Service!!! Thank you Mason

Uptown Sound was recommended by another couple who had recently gotten married. We heard they were great, very helpful and involved in making everything go smooth, so we decided to hire them for our wedding. They were absolutely right!

Mason was our assigned DJ, and we could not be any happier after having gone through this experience with him! What a professional team of people. He truly cared to make it a special day, not just helping us with our music selection, but everything in between.

We were very pleasantly surprised that he took the time to get to know us and develop a connection prior to our wedding day. Even though we had a pretty good idea of the sequence of events at the reception, Mason –very respectfully- chimed in from his own experience and his suggestions were extremely helpful. Having him overseeing our plan, directing our reception as MC, and volunteering to help us with our little special requests (like the creation of the “shoe game” questions) was such a breeze. He is a very professional and friendly DJ who will not disappoint you! His attention to detail made us feel assured that everything would go great the day of, and that’s exactly how it went.

Mason: Thank you very much for everything you did! It was a pleasure working with you. You went above and beyond to make our wedding special… For that we are eternally grateful!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Ryan · Married on 09/22/2018

Mason came highly recommended from a couple that both my wife and I know personally and from the start we could see why. Mason and the team with uptown sound are amazing and very professional. You can’t ask for a better DJ for your special day.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Aaron for our wedding music. He is very professional and definitely knows his trade. We have eclectic taste in music and he helped guide us to styles that would be popular for all of our guests, and I have to say that the dance floor was always full! He also spent an evening with us working through specific music for certain points in our day-off timeline, and was an excellent MC on the night of the wedding making sure our guests new what events were coming up. We have gotten several compliments from our guests on how much fun the dance floor was and how great the music selections were. I would definitely work with Aaron again if I have the chance, and highly recommend him to anyone looking for an even DJ!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Susan · Married on 09/08/2018

Aaron was recommended to me by a friend who used uptown sound for DJ services for their wedding as well. They told me that he was a great DJ and got everyone dancing. And that held true at my wedding. He’s very detailed and professional. Very down to earth guy and knows his music. My wedding guests enjoyed themselves and noted the music transition was perfect. I used them for lighting services too and they were beautiful!

I also hired uptown sound for videography. I have not received the video yet so I cannot review that part of the service yet. But it was great that I got to bundle the services and received a nice discount. The videographers were never in the way and I didn’t feel like they were in the room most of the time even though they were shooting.

I highly recommend Aaron and his team!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Ipo

Ipo Kahanu · Married on 09/08/2018

Exactly what we were looking for!!!

My husband and I had our wedding in Sept 2018. You know how they say pick the top 3 things about your wedding that’s most important to you? Well a DJ was in our top 3. We wanted a DJ with credentials and who knew their music. My husband is from New York born and raised. I am Hawaiian but born and raised in Dallas, Texas. So, we come from diverse backgrounds and both enjoy an array of music (old, new, hip hop, Hawaiian reggae, Jamaican, soul, etc.). So, to find a DJ that could take all our tastes in music and incorporate them throughout the reception was very important to us. The Uptownsound website really helped us in understanding the services they provide. My husband talked to Mason our DJ and they hit if off right away. Mason seemed to know exactly what we were looking for. Then once my husband and I met Mason to go over our timeline and make final song selections, it was even more apparent that he was the right fit for us. We appreciated how organized he was taking notes about the wedding day and asking all the right questions. There somethings that we hadn’t thought that Mason helped us with. During the wedding, Mason knew the timeline and stayed on track throughout the night. He also prepped us for what was coming next. Our wedding had some added elements that aren’t typical in all weddings (e.g. my family performed music, grooms cake surprise, bride surprised by groom and groomsmen). Even though there were so many different elements, Mason kept the flow of the night smooth and steady without missing a beat. We would recommend Uptownsound and Mason to all couples looking for a DJ for their wedding day. They will not be disappointed. Thanks Uptownsound and Mason!!!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Paul · Married on 07/28/2018

Aaron and his team knocked it out of the park for my daughter’s wedding last weekend. We knew as soon as we met with him that he would make the day great but what really sets him apart is his preparation and planning before the event. He made it fun, helped every step of the way and was so responsive as changes popped up. Even at the last minute he was there doing whatever it took to make the day perfect. His videographer and even the photo booth were icing on the cake making my daughter's wedding the greatest! I highly recommend Uptown Sound for any event where you are planning entertainment!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Uptown Sound 10
    Uptown Sound 11
    Uptown Sound 12

Adalee · Married on 06/16/2018

This company is AMAZING. After the initial planning meeting with Mason, I felt so at ease because he walked us through each thing and tailored everything to our wants. I was concerned about the song that I was walking down to and getting the timing right and he absolutely got it perfectly. So so thankful to have had Mason as a DJ-- I completely put the night in his hands!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Megan · Married on 06/03/2018

Mason was the DJ for our wedding and he is so wonderful. He gave us great advice and helped walk us through every step of the wedding process. He is also an incredible human being and such a kind soul. We were so happy to have him be a part of our day. :)

Sent on 06/18/2018

Kate · Married on 05/12/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Aaron--he was definitely one of the reasons our wedding reception turned out to be such an amazing time! Prior to the big day, he was professional and calming as he took us through the timeline of the night. Every question I had, he had an answer that was even better than what I could have imagined. Our dance floor was full ALL NIGHT--not an exaggeration! He even worked with my groom for a surprise last dance that topped off the best day ever. If you are on the fence about booking Aaron, DO IT. You won't regret it!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Meagan · Married on 04/22/2018

Mason was the DJ for our wedding on April, 22nd and he was absolutely amazing! From our first meeting, he was very professional, answered all of our questions thoroughly, and seemed to be very attuned to helping us in any way that he could in order to make our experience great. He was extremely easy to get along with, was very responsive to emails and texts, and provided great resources to help us pick out certain songs during the wedding. My family wasn't very big on dancing, so Mason had great ideas in order to pull people onto the dance floor. He was also the announcer for the wedding and was very professional throughout the entire night. I would highly recommend Mason and Uptown Sound for all of your DJ needs. I am very impressed with the service and would choose them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Steven · Married on 04/22/2018

Hands down the best DJ I could have asked for our wedding! Very professional!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Katherine · Married on 02/17/2018

There are not enough words that could describe how amazing Uptown Sound was for our wedding in McKinney Tx on 2.17.18. They were extremely responsive, very easy to get ahold of and always happy to answer any and all questions that we had...not to mention a few last minute additions! We got married at The Cotton Mill and Uptown Sound provided beautiful cafe lighting over the ceremony space outside and did the sound as well. We had an acoustic guitarist playing the music and the fades in and out were PERFECT. They did uplighting for the reception and the lights changed colors with the music-it was great! We loved our monogram gobo on the wooden wall. It was so pretty and a great addition! We also added a photo booth that was super fun with props and picture print outs for the guests. Mason was our DJ and oh my goodness- my wedding was the most fun wedding I have ever been to! I did not leave the dance floor. He did an amazing job of playing an awesome variety of music including some Cajun tunes for my hubby's Louisiana family. At the end of the night they turned the lights down and the dance floor was completely packed and everyone had their LED lights in the air. It was just perfect. Both of our families love to dance and just had the best time! They also did the videography...we received our preview video the other day and let me tell you- it has people in tears that dont even know us! They did the most beautiful job capturing the love that surrounded our day. We also had a drone and got aerial footage of the beautiful venue. Planning your wedding? Do yourself a favor and book with Uptown Sound! They have so much more to offer than just a DJ service. Mason & Aaron Thank you so much for giving us the most PERFECT day!- Katherine & Cody Hebert 2.17.18

Sent on 03/16/2018
    Uptown Sound 13

Natalie · Married on 01/27/2018

Aaron is amazing! He not only played great music he helped keep my wedding on track. He helped direct guests and was flexible when the schedule suddenly had to change. I would totally recommend Uptown Sound for any party!

Sent on 02/15/2018