Uptown Sound Reviews

182 | McKinney, TX

182 Reviews for Uptown Sound

182 Uptown Sound Reviews

Ryan · Married on 09/22/2018

Mason came highly recommended from a couple that both my wife and I know personally and from the start we could see why. Mason and the team with uptown sound are amazing and very professional. You can’t ask for a better DJ for your special day.

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Aaron for our wedding music. He is very professional and definitely knows his trade. We have eclectic taste in music and he helped guide us to styles that would be popular for all of our guests, and I have to say that the dance floor was always full! He also spent an evening with us working through specific music for certain points in our day-off timeline, and was an excellent MC on the night of the wedding making sure our guests new what events were coming up. We have gotten several compliments from our guests on how much fun the dance floor was and how great the music selections were. I would definitely work with Aaron again if I have the chance, and highly recommend him to anyone looking for an even DJ!

Susan · Married on 09/08/2018

Aaron was recommended to me by a friend who used uptown sound for DJ services for their wedding as well. They told me that he was a great DJ and got everyone dancing. And that held true at my wedding. He’s very detailed and professional. Very down to earth guy and knows his music. My wedding guests enjoyed themselves and noted the music transition was perfect. I used them for lighting services too and they were beautiful!

I also hired uptown sound for videography. I have not received the video yet so I cannot review that part of the service yet. But it was great that I got to bundle the services and received a nice discount. The videographers were never in the way and I didn’t feel like they were in the room most of the time even though they were shooting.

I highly recommend Aaron and his team!

Paul · Married on 07/28/2018

Aaron and his team knocked it out of the park for my daughter’s wedding last weekend. We knew as soon as we met with him that he would make the day great but what really sets him apart is his preparation and planning before the event. He made it fun, helped every step of the way and was so responsive as changes popped up. Even at the last minute he was there doing whatever it took to make the day perfect. His videographer and even the photo booth were icing on the cake making my daughter's wedding the greatest! I highly recommend Uptown Sound for any event where you are planning entertainment!

Uptown Sound 1
    Uptown Sound 2
    Uptown Sound 3

Adalee · Married on 06/16/2018

This company is AMAZING. After the initial planning meeting with Mason, I felt so at ease because he walked us through each thing and tailored everything to our wants. I was concerned about the song that I was walking down to and getting the timing right and he absolutely got it perfectly. So so thankful to have had Mason as a DJ-- I completely put the night in his hands!

Megan · Married on 06/03/2018

Mason was the DJ for our wedding and he is so wonderful. He gave us great advice and helped walk us through every step of the wedding process. He is also an incredible human being and such a kind soul. We were so happy to have him be a part of our day. :)

Kate · Married on 05/12/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Aaron--he was definitely one of the reasons our wedding reception turned out to be such an amazing time! Prior to the big day, he was professional and calming as he took us through the timeline of the night. Every question I had, he had an answer that was even better than what I could have imagined. Our dance floor was full ALL NIGHT--not an exaggeration! He even worked with my groom for a surprise last dance that topped off the best day ever. If you are on the fence about booking Aaron, DO IT. You won't regret it!

Meagan · Married on 04/22/2018

Mason was the DJ for our wedding on April, 22nd and he was absolutely amazing! From our first meeting, he was very professional, answered all of our questions thoroughly, and seemed to be very attuned to helping us in any way that he could in order to make our experience great. He was extremely easy to get along with, was very responsive to emails and texts, and provided great resources to help us pick out certain songs during the wedding. My family wasn't very big on dancing, so Mason had great ideas in order to pull people onto the dance floor. He was also the announcer for the wedding and was very professional throughout the entire night. I would highly recommend Mason and Uptown Sound for all of your DJ needs. I am very impressed with the service and would choose them again in a heart beat!

Steven · Married on 04/22/2018

Hands down the best DJ I could have asked for our wedding! Very professional!

Katherine · Married on 02/17/2018

There are not enough words that could describe how amazing Uptown Sound was for our wedding in McKinney Tx on 2.17.18. They were extremely responsive, very easy to get ahold of and always happy to answer any and all questions that we had...not to mention a few last minute additions! We got married at The Cotton Mill and Uptown Sound provided beautiful cafe lighting over the ceremony space outside and did the sound as well. We had an acoustic guitarist playing the music and the fades in and out were PERFECT. They did uplighting for the reception and the lights changed colors with the music-it was great! We loved our monogram gobo on the wooden wall. It was so pretty and a great addition! We also added a photo booth that was super fun with props and picture print outs for the guests. Mason was our DJ and oh my goodness- my wedding was the most fun wedding I have ever been to! I did not leave the dance floor. He did an amazing job of playing an awesome variety of music including some Cajun tunes for my hubby's Louisiana family. At the end of the night they turned the lights down and the dance floor was completely packed and everyone had their LED lights in the air. It was just perfect. Both of our families love to dance and just had the best time! They also did the videography...we received our preview video the other day and let me tell you- it has people in tears that dont even know us! They did the most beautiful job capturing the love that surrounded our day. We also had a drone and got aerial footage of the beautiful venue. Planning your wedding? Do yourself a favor and book with Uptown Sound! They have so much more to offer than just a DJ service. Mason & Aaron Thank you so much for giving us the most PERFECT day!- Katherine & Cody Hebert 2.17.18

Uptown Sound 4

Natalie · Married on 01/27/2018

Aaron is amazing! He not only played great music he helped keep my wedding on track. He helped direct guests and was flexible when the schedule suddenly had to change. I would totally recommend Uptown Sound for any party!

Patricia · Married on 01/14/2018

I met Mason from Uptown Sound at a friends wedding. My husband and I were impressed with his work and hired him for our daughter's wedding.

Mason worked with the bride and groom on their music selections for the special moments, their likes and dislikes regarding music. His selections for the evening, based on their choices, were spot on, and our guests were impressed with the play list.

I would not hesitate to use Uptown Sound again should I need a DJ for an event.

Jojo · Married on 11/12/2017

We needed Aaron's services, not for a wedding event, but for our 18th daughter's birthday debut. He was extremely easy to work with, easily accessible through email, text or phone correspondence. He listened to how we envisioned the special event to be and did a spectacular job that night. We strongly believe he went above and beyond our expectations, from doing a beautiful job with our lighting needs, preparing each part of the event's program ahead of time, cutting the cake, to putting our guests at ease as he emceed through the night. And most importantly, we do not recall the dance floor ever being vacant from the time the music played. Thank you for helping us make that night so special Aaron. We will always have our great memories, thanks for everything you have done for us!

Laura · Married on 11/11/2017

Mason from Uptown sound was the DJ at our sons wedding this past weekend. He was amazing! The service was fantastic. The meetings were organized and helped my son and daughter-in-law to choose all of their music. There were so many little details we did not think of but Mason had it all under control. He was incredibly professional during the event, had all of our must haves cued up throughout the night too. So happy we used Uptown Sound for the kids wedding!

J · Married on 10/21/2017

Working with Aaron was wonderful! He was a hit and I got numerous compliments on how much they liked the DJ from guests after the wedding. I used our suggestions and picked great songs throughout the night.

Andrea · Married on 10/21/2017

Mason was amazing! He was so helpful with choosing our songs and especially with the timeline of the wedding since we didn’t have a wedding planner! He exceeded our expectations. He had great recommendations for getting people on the dance floor and keeping them there and he did just that! We got many, many compliments on the DJ from guests!

Jill · Married on 09/23/2017

Aaron was the BEST DJ! He did a fabulous job for our ceremony and reception sound. He got people on the dance floor, played great songs that we asked to play and fit the genres we like. He was recommended from 2 of our friends who's
    weddings he also DJ'd for. Very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. We received several compliments and thought he did great.

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

Deitrich with Uptown Sound did an amazing job with our wedding! Very professional and thorough. He was able to put together a great playlist for the reception based on our preferences and was extremely easy to work with. He kept things moving and had a great personality. I highly recommend Uptown Sound and DJ Deitrich!

Supaya · Married on 09/22/2017

If I could, I would give uptown sound 10 stars in every category! Our wedding was on 09/22/17, we hired uptown sound for dj/emcee, videography, and uplighting. Aaron was definitely our best vendor choice. He was so great to work with, very friendly and professional. He was quick to answer any questions and flexible with our needs. We had a good mix of guests from all generations with different music tastes. Everybody was on that dance floor nonstop. Aaron played the right music at the right time keeping everybody entertained. He kept us right in time with all the announcements and special dances. Chris and Chet were our videographers from uptown sound. They worked so well and professionally with our photographers. We just received our preview video and were overwhelmed with joy. They captured the day and our personalities so well. We've received so many compliments on it and can't wait to see the full video. I highly recommend Aaron and his crew to all couples!!

PB · Married on 09/03/2017

It was a miracle - one week until the wedding and our DJ situation had changed. We needed someone to DJ, MC and run sound at the ceremony. We called Aaron at Uptown Sound and had a meeting within 24 hours on a Sunday afternoon! He was very professional and knew his stuff. The "agenda" we had previously tried to make took several hours and was incomplete, and it took only 30 minutes to put together an amazing agenda for our wedding ceremony and reception! We had the general flow, but he helped us define it and it ended up working flawlessly.

Aaron also was really good about respecting the natural flow of the celebration, working with the delays of Bride+Groom talking with all the guests :) but always making sure we knew what was next.

Also, he was the legendary Aaron K on Radio Disney back in the day. How epic is that? Seriously, would recommend for anything, especially weddings. Thanks Uptown Sound!

TL;DR: Aaron put together the BEST DJ/MC service in a single week! Couldn't be happier!

Katie · Married on 07/14/2017

Our wedding was pure perfection, and a huge part of that was because of Mason, from Uptown Sound. Everyone was commenting on how awesome our dj and music was, and they all had a blast! Mason got so into the music as well, which really helped to get everyone else pumped up!

Stacy · Married on 06/17/2017

Uptown sound was amazing before and during our wedding!!! Aaron was always quickly responsive to emails and very helpful whenever we had questions. He also gave us a deal for using them for both DJ and videography which helped save us some money. Aaron was so organized before the wedding which made us less stressed. He was also an awesome DJ that day! He worked with my wedding coordinator to make sure everything was on track. Our guests loved his music choices throughout the whole day! He's also super nice and professional.
    Uptown sound was also great for videography! I barely noticed they were there which I'm sure will make the video a natural portrayal of our day. They were also very nice and professional!
    Highly recommend uptown sound!!

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

We had Mason DJ our wedding and he was fantastic! Extremely professional and quickly responded to our requests. He had good suggestions to get everyone dancing and the dance floor was full the whole time with a large range of ages. We also did the photo booth through uptown sound which was great. Guests loved the booth. They received print outs right after taking the photo and then we received an online album a few days after the wedding.

Melanie · Married on 06/03/2017

Uptown Sound and Aaron did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding reception. He is much more than just the "music guy". He really helped keep the flow of the entire reception going from the very beginning to the very end. He knew exactly what was going on at ALL times. It gave me a great deal of comfort in knowing that so many details were in his hands. He worked very well with our wedding coordinator(Embrace the Day Events) to keep me updated on anything that I needed to be aware of, but allow all of us to not worry and have a lot of fun! The music and dancing were great! He even worked in special music for Superfrog, the TCU mascot! The dance floor was full all night and all our guests had a great time!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/26/2017

Aaron was AMAZING!!!!! He really helped us pick some amazing songs and he made sure to choose songs everyone loved for the reception. I have had so many people telling me how much they loved him and how great he did! I even saw my husbands grandma out on the dance floor a couple times and she has horrible knees and walks with a cane! I wish I could get married every month just so Aaron could be our dj. He was so nice and just overall really helpful!