Uptown Sound Reviews

212 Reviews for Uptown Sound

• Kate

Kate D. · Getting married on 03/03/2023

Amazing Fairytale Experience

Mason at Uptown Sound was all we could ever want from our wedding DJ. It felt like a fairytale. Brenda at Oak + Ivy highly requested this trustworthy business and they delivered such a great experience.

Sent on 03/28/2021
  • John

John W. · Getting married on 06/10/2022

Responsive, Professional, and Liked by All

We had a really great experience with Deitrich and Uptown Sound! Both him and his colleagues were extremely helpful in explaining what all information they needed from us, and responding quickly to our questions and requests. They were able to accommodate all of our song cut requests, some of which we were afraid were too complicated. Deitrich really shined on the night of the wedding itself. We had many guests talk about what a great DJ we had, and how well he read the room the entire night. We were incredibly pleased with him, but I think that the many positive reviews from our guests speak volumes more than our own endorsements!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Maci

Maci · Getting married on 02/02/2022

Mason did great. He played good music and was very helpful on our wedding day.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Eddie P. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Simply the BEST!

We got married November 2020, and could not have asked for a better DJ/emcee to work with on our wedding day. Deitrich was amazing to work with leading up to our wedding. He arranged a meeting a few months prior where we were able to work with him to work on the timeline and picking out the perfect song for each moment on our special day. Throughout our wedding Deitrich did a great job playing music that kept the crowd dancing and having fun all night! He did a great job with announcing all of our wedding party and parents. Everyone kept complimenting how great our wedding was and how much fun they had, and good music is a big part of that. 5 out of 5 would recommend and work with again in the future!

Sent on 12/07/2020

Kristen K. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Couldn't have done it without Mason!!

Our experience with Mason and Uptown was by far one of our best vendor experiences! Mason was instrumental in helping to create our timeline and kept the reception on track! we couldn't have done it without him!

Sent on 12/10/2020

Rlong · Married on 05/03/2021

Great job!

Aaron and his team did a great job at my daughter's wedding. He not only was our DJ but also did our up-lighting, photo booth and videography. We highly recommend Uptown Sound - very professional and talented.

Sent on 03/12/2021
  • Baylee

Baylee C. · Married on 04/04/2021

Absolutely Wonderful!

Mason was the DJ for our wedding and he was an absolute joy to have there! The most important things to us on our wedding day was good music, good food, and good people. Thanks to Mason and Uptown Sound, we hit every mark!! He was very professional and super fun. Mason didn't over power the mic and he made sure to keep the flow of the night going. The music was fabulous, too! The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had a blast! Thank you again, Mason!!! Our wedding would not have been the same without you.

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Chen

Chen W. · Married on 10/10/2020

More Than I Asked For!

Mason made this entire process incredibly easy. I was quite nervous not having a wedding planner nor a coordinator during the reception, but Mason took care of it all. The entire wedding process went so smoothly, and better than I had expected.

He was very responsive to every email and text. Had a solution for every question I had - Keep in mind, this was during the pandemic so I had a lot of questions and he was so calm and reassuring. He was still so optimistic and that energy just helped me a ton.

Mason was very detailed which helped my fiance (now husband) A LOT. I believe this played a key factor why everything at the wedding went so smoothly. He was an amazing MC and brought great energy to the reception. He was also very flexible - The groomsmen thought of a game to play on the spot during the reception and Mason was totally opened to it.

I just can't imagine having this wedding without Mason from Uptown Sounds. Thank you so much and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Sara

Sara G. · Married on 08/08/2020

Excellent DJ experience

Mason from Uptown Sound was our DJ for our wedding on Aug 8th. In spite of a pandemic and many restrictions, he was always flexible and adaptable and helped to make our wedding run smoothly. Very grateful for his professionalism and skills.

Sent on 08/16/2020

Brittany W. · Married on 07/11/2020

Amazing to work with!!

Aaron and Mason were awesome the whole way through! They respond quickly and made adjustments to songs as we needed. Easy to work with, fast response, and Mason was AWESOME as our DJ the night of! Many of our guests stated he is one of the best DJs they have witnessed at a wedding. We let him choose our songs for most of the night and he did great and kept the crowd dancing and partying! We would highly recommend them for any occasion! We also used them for uplighting and a photobooth. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/16/2020
  • Kylie

Kylie M. · Married on 05/02/2020

Would absolutely recommend!

Mason helped us have a perfect night! He was so responsive and flexible and did whatever he could to make sure our wedding was perfect for us. His professionalism and communication is top notch and he was very eager to help however he could and provide his expertise, which helped us a lot in crafting the vision for our wedding. Thanks so much Mason for making our dream night a reality!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Tracy

Tracy S. · Married on 04/09/2020

We could not have asked for a better experience!

Aaron was amazing – he not only does an incredible job with the music, but he kept the entire evening organized and flowing smoothly. He got people out on the dance floor and really went out of his way to make sure that all the guests were having a great time. He worked seamlessly with the wedding coordinator on the timeline to announce the wedding party, when to eat, when to make toasts and most importantly, when to dance! I cannot say enough wonderful things about him – he made a special day simply perfect! I have been to plenty of weddings in my lifetime and I can say that without a doubt, Aaron delivers better than any other DJ’s that I’ve experienced.

Sent on 09/06/2020
  • Kevin

Kevin G. · Married on 04/01/2020

Just the way you like it

My wife and I hired Uptown Sound for our wedding and couldn't be happier with our decision. All of the correspondence we had leading up to the big day was very professional and responsive.

Mason met with us before the wedding to go over how we wanted the ceremony to play out and the kind of music we wanted. We layed out how we wanted things to go and he made suggestions where appropriate. I didn't know exactly what music we wanted, but Mason was familiar with our favorite dance club and was able to get a feeling for the vibe we wanted.

On the day of the wedding he showed up in plenty of time to make all of the necessary preparations and sound checks before the guests arrived. Mason gave the officiant a lapel microphone that worked for all three of us. I really appreciated this because all of the guests were able to hear everything, and it didn't require the bride or groom to have their own microphones.

The music during the reception was exactly what I imagined and all of our guests had a blast. He played all of the songs that we had specifically requested and kept the music flowing to match the mood of the dance floor. They even mixed our first dance song to make it shorter without disrupting the flow of the song.

In the days following the wedding we had several guests comment on how much they like the music. Everyone had a blast and I would absolutely recommend hiring Uptown Sound to anyone!

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Peyton

Peyton C. · Married on 02/29/2020

Mason killed it.

Very impressed by the professionalism of Mason but also by his ability to go with the flow and improvise. He coordinated something awesome with my best man and I had no idea it was coming.

We also made a playlist for the reception but some of the songs didn’t hit the crowd so I asked Mason to take over and do his thing and I’m so glad I did. The party took off after he took the reigns and he also went above and beyond on a few other things that weren’t even his responsibility. If you read this Mason you gave us one of the most memorable nights ever and you brought a really good energy to the room.

Thanks man!

Sent on 03/03/2020

Mary · Married on 11/09/2019

Highly Recommend

MASON KILLED IT!!!! Perfect timing on all the music. Great DJ!!! Very personable has a great attitude. I would recommend him to anybody for any occasion

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah K. · Married on 11/05/2019

Fantastic DJ!!

Aaron was the best!! Before the wedding he was awesome to talk with about specifics and was really flexible. During the wedding he always gave me a heads up before he announced anything to the guests and just made sure the reception ran smoothly. The best part - THE MUSIC WAS SUCH A GREAT MIX. We had guests dancing the entire time. I'd absolutely recommend Aaron to the next bride & groom!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Lauren S. · Married on 10/19/2019

Mason McDrew

Mason was SO awesome. He was really easy to work with during the whole process and was super patient (I was for sure not the most put-together bride). Mason had a lot of really great ideas and was prepared for things that I hadn’t even thought of.

The music itself was great day-of. He was able to work with us to have the specific songs we wanted as well as cut songs when needed. He managed the night well (as I’m sure you know, dj’s are a HUGE part of keeping a wedding on track/in order!).

I definitely recommend. Great guy who truly wants to make you happy and your day special. Even rolled with my fiancé’s bad jokes during our meeting.

(Pictures added were only from my preview, so I don’t have a ton of options! Tried to pick ones of everyone obviously tearing up the dance floor because the music was lit.)

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn D. · Married on 09/07/2019

Danced all night!

Mason and Aaron at Uptown are the best! I've been to FOUR weddings that Aaron has DJed and knew I was in good hands with Mason for my own wedding at Gather in Downtown McKinney. Mason was so patient with all our music requests and incredibly timely and professional. He absolutely nailed the feel we were going for throughout the evening and I received multiple compliments on how great our wedding music was. Could not recommend Uptown enough!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Maryam · Married on 08/09/2019

Lots of fun and VERY professional

Aaron with Uptown Sound made our day extremely fun and incredibly smooth. He met with us initially to go over some important questions and then a second time to go over day of planning and songs. It was actually a lot of fun. On the day of the wedding, he set up early, made sure to give us and the bridal party the run down and work with our day of coordinator. We even caught a glimpse of him helping set our guest favors out on each table which he definitely did not have to do! He helped everywhere he could which was so nice of him. The set list he played was incredible. Perfect timing with the "must haves" and read the room to keep everyone dancing. We had a half Persian and half American ceremony, reception, and audience and he pulled off the perfect mix for both cultures. We highly recommend Aaron for your wedding. Great guy, very professional, and a lot of fun.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Ethan

Ethan H. · Married on 06/05/2019

Uptown fantastic

Aaron was super helpful in both the DJ and organizational parts of our wedding. He helped us consider things that we may have missed and was almost an impromptu planner. He always jumped right in asking how he could help make our lives easier on the day of the wedding. Very helpful, very responsive, very flexible, was just amazing. Thank you Aaron, we couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Megan H. · Married on 05/25/2019

Aaron was amazing.

Aaron was absolutely amazing. From the music to the ceremony to the reception. He helped us so much through the night one of my friends there asked if he was my wedding planner because they always saw him working. The lighting we added in made my venue even more beautiful. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Elizabeth M. · Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing Experience

Our experience with Uptown Sound was fantastic. Mason was so accommodating, professional and kind to us as we worked through all of the decisions they needed from us! He was amazing at the wedding and we could not have asked for anything more!! Thank you Uptown Sound and especially Mason for helping us make our special day even better!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Val

Val · Married on 05/04/2019

Uptown Sound is top notch!

We worked with Mason and I can’t say enough about how great our experience was. From the start, Mason helped us determine a timeline, called out different times we’d need different songs, and tolerated all of our questions. On our wedding day, I found him setting up and asked him to cut a song for the ceremony, and he took the time then and there to do it. He did a great job keeping the flow of the event. The groom and officiant were mic’d and easy to hear. He was very professional (dressed in a suit) and found us throughout the night to remind us of the timeline. One of our guests even commented about how well it all came together, specifically referencing the DJ. ALL AROUND AWESOME!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Reid C. · Married on 04/20/2019

Mason was great!

Mason DJ’d our wedding and exceeded expectations. He listened to what we wanted and did exactly that. He showed up early and really helped facilitate our wedding. We could not have been more pleased. If you are thinking about booking uptown sound do it and feel confident, these guys are great!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing overall experience

Aaron was incredible and we couldn’t have been more pleased with our choice in DJ. He is extremely professional and easy to work with. He’s very prompt and organized. He made our wedding ceremony and rehearsal a breeze and was diligent about playing all of our specific songs and then some. Not only did we love the excellent job he did, but so did our guests! Don’t even think twice— book Uptown Sound!

Sent on 04/22/2019