173 Reviews for Uptown Sound

Liability Insurance (6)
Projector (3)
Sound/PA System (3)
Microphones (2)

This company is AMAZING. After the initial planning meeting with Mason, I felt so at ease because he walked us through each thing and tailored everything to our wants. I was concerned about the song that I was walking down to and getting the timing right and he absolutely got it perfectly. So so thankful to have had Mason as a DJ-- I completely put the night in his hands!

Profile Picture Adalee, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mason was the DJ for our wedding and he is so wonderful. He gave us great advice and helped walk us through every step of the wedding process. He is also an incredible human being and such a kind soul. We were so happy to have him be a part of our day. :)

Profile Picture Megan, 6/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Mason was the DJ for our wedding on April, 22nd and he was absolutely amazing! From our first meeting, he was very professional, answered all of our questions thoroughly, and seemed to be very attuned to helping us in any way that he could in order to make our experience great. He was extremely easy to get along with, was very responsive to emails and texts, and provided great resources to help us pick out certain songs during the wedding. My family wasn't very big on dancing, so Mason had great ideas in order to pull people onto the dance floor. He was also the announcer for the wedding and was very professional throughout the entire night. I would highly recommend Mason and Uptown Sound for all of your DJ needs. I am very impressed with the service and would choose them again in a heart beat!

Profile Picture Meagan, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hands down the best DJ I could have asked for our wedding! Very professional!

Profile Picture Steven, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

There are not enough words that could describe how amazing Uptown Sound was for our wedding in McKinney Tx on 2.17.18. They were extremely responsive, very easy to get ahold of and always happy to answer any and all questions that we had...not to mention a few last minute additions! We got married at The Cotton Mill and Uptown Sound provided beautiful cafe lighting over the ceremony space outside and did the sound as well. We had an acoustic guitarist playing the music and the fades in and out were PERFECT. They did uplighting for the reception and the lights changed colors with the music-it was great! We loved our monogram gobo on the wooden wall. It was so pretty and a great addition! We also added a photo booth that was super fun with props and picture print outs for the guests. Mason was our DJ and oh my goodness- my wedding was the most fun wedding I have ever been to! I did not leave the dance floor. He did an amazing job of playing an awesome variety of music including some Cajun tunes for my hubby's Louisiana family. At the end of the night they turned the lights down and the dance floor was completely packed and everyone had their LED lights in the air. It was just perfect. Both of our families love to dance and just had the best time! They also did the videography...we received our preview video the other day and let me tell you- it has people in tears that dont even know us! They did the most beautiful job capturing the love that surrounded our day. We also had a drone and got aerial footage of the beautiful venue. Planning your wedding? Do yourself a favor and book with Uptown Sound! They have so much more to offer than just a DJ service. Mason & Aaron Thank you so much for giving us the most PERFECT day!- Katherine & Cody Hebert 2.17.18

Profile Picture Katherine, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography

Aaron is amazing! He not only played great music he helped keep my wedding on track. He helped direct guests and was flexible when the schedule suddenly had to change. I would totally recommend Uptown Sound for any party!

Profile Picture Natalie, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I met Mason from Uptown Sound at a friends wedding. My husband and I were impressed with his work and hired him for our daughter's wedding.

Mason worked with the bride and groom on their music selections for the special moments, their likes and dislikes regarding music. His selections for the evening, based on their choices, were spot on, and our guests were impressed with the play list.

I would not hesitate to use Uptown Sound again should I need a DJ for an event.

Profile Picture Patricia, 1/14/18, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We needed Aaron's services, not for a wedding event, but for our 18th daughter's birthday debut. He was extremely easy to work with, easily accessible through email, text or phone correspondence. He listened to how we envisioned the special event to be and did a spectacular job that night. We strongly believe he went above and beyond our expectations, from doing a beautiful job with our lighting needs, preparing each part of the event's program ahead of time, cutting the cake, to putting our guests at ease as he emceed through the night. And most importantly, we do not recall the dance floor ever being vacant from the time the music played. Thank you for helping us make that night so special Aaron. We will always have our great memories, thanks for everything you have done for us!

Profile Picture Jojo, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Working with Aaron was wonderful! He was a hit and I got numerous compliments on how much they liked the DJ from guests after the wedding. I used our suggestions and picked great songs throughout the night.

Profile Picture J, 10/21/17, 12 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mason was amazing! He was so helpful with choosing our songs and especially with the timeline of the wedding since we didn’t have a wedding planner! He exceeded our expectations. He had great recommendations for getting people on the dance floor and keeping them there and he did just that! We got many, many compliments on the DJ from guests!

Profile Picture Andrea , 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Deitrich with Uptown Sound did an amazing job with our wedding! Very professional and thorough. He was able to put together a great playlist for the reception based on our preferences and was extremely easy to work with. He kept things moving and had a great personality. I highly recommend Uptown Sound and DJ Deitrich!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Aaron was the BEST DJ! He did a fabulous job for our ceremony and reception sound. He got people on the dance floor, played great songs that we asked to play and fit the genres we like. He was recommended from 2 of our friends who's
weddings he also DJ'd for. Very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. We received several compliments and thought he did great.

Profile Picture Jill, 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

If I could, I would give uptown sound 10 stars in every category! Our wedding was on 09/22/17, we hired uptown sound for dj/emcee, videography, and uplighting. Aaron was definitely our best vendor choice. He was so great to work with, very friendly and professional. He was quick to answer any questions and flexible with our needs. We had a good mix of guests from all generations with different music tastes. Everybody was on that dance floor nonstop. Aaron played the right music at the right time keeping everybody entertained. He kept us right in time with all the announcements and special dances. Chris and Chet were our videographers from uptown sound. They worked so well and professionally with our photographers. We just received our preview video and were overwhelmed with joy. They captured the day and our personalities so well. We've received so many compliments on it and can't wait to see the full video. I highly recommend Aaron and his crew to all couples!!

Profile Picture Supaya, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

It was a miracle - one week until the wedding and our DJ situation had changed. We needed someone to DJ, MC and run sound at the ceremony. We called Aaron at Uptown Sound and had a meeting within 24 hours on a Sunday afternoon! He was very professional and knew his stuff. The "agenda" we had previously tried to make took several hours and was incomplete, and it took only 30 minutes to put together an amazing agenda for our wedding ceremony and reception! We had the general flow, but he helped us define it and it ended up working flawlessly.

Aaron also was really good about respecting the natural flow of the celebration, working with the delays of Bride+Groom talking with all the guests :) but always making sure we knew what was next.

Also, he was the legendary Aaron K on Radio Disney back in the day. How epic is that? Seriously, would recommend for anything, especially weddings. Thanks Uptown Sound!

TL;DR: Aaron put together the BEST DJ/MC service in a single week! Couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture PB, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Uptown sound was amazing before and during our wedding!!! Aaron was always quickly responsive to emails and very helpful whenever we had questions. He also gave us a deal for using them for both DJ and videography which helped save us some money. Aaron was so organized before the wedding which made us less stressed. He was also an awesome DJ that day! He worked with my wedding coordinator to make sure everything was on track. Our guests loved his music choices throughout the whole day! He's also super nice and professional.
Uptown sound was also great for videography! I barely noticed they were there which I'm sure will make the video a natural portrayal of our day. They were also very nice and professional!
Highly recommend uptown sound!!

Profile Picture Stacy, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

Uptown Sound and Aaron did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding reception. He is much more than just the "music guy". He really helped keep the flow of the entire reception going from the very beginning to the very end. He knew exactly what was going on at ALL times. It gave me a great deal of comfort in knowing that so many details were in his hands. He worked very well with our wedding coordinator(Embrace the Day Events) to keep me updated on anything that I needed to be aware of, but allow all of us to not worry and have a lot of fun! The music and dancing were great! He even worked in special music for Superfrog, the TCU mascot! The dance floor was full all night and all our guests had a great time!

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Aaron was AMAZING!!!!! He really helped us pick some amazing songs and he made sure to choose songs everyone loved for the reception. I have had so many people telling me how much they loved him and how great he did! I even saw my husbands grandma out on the dance floor a couple times and she has horrible knees and walks with a cane! I wish I could get married every month just so Aaron could be our dj. He was so nice and just overall really helpful!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/26/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Aaron is seriously one of the best decisions we made! He kept the dance floor FULL!!! He really listened to our interests and we felt so comfortable at the wedding with him at the mic. The FLOW of the wedding was perfect. He was unobtrusive and communicated with our other vendors to make sure cake cutting/bouquet toss was all in order before announcing. He had everything needed for the Ceremony (multiple microphones, stands, etc.) and even Mic'ed our harp player last minute. He cut shorter versions of the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance songs for us to choose from, secured a karaoke version of a song for my sister to sing to, and even put together a mash up of songs for a Groomsmen Dance-off. Everyone LOVED him!!! Also, he dressed professionally (something I've seen other DJs not do)! We loved him!!!

Profile Picture Emily , 4/8/17, 1 Review
4.7

Mason was our DJ and was excellent. He was extremely professional and listened to us as customers. He seemed very organized and worked hard to remember small details of likes/dislikes and also people involved with the wedding. On the wedding day he helped in keeping everything running smoothly and killed it on music for the dancing. We were so pleased with the service we received and it was money well spent.

Profile Picture Vicky, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC

Aaron was a pleasure to work with! We were so happy to have him as part of our big day! He really listened to the music choices that we asked for, we had a great selection of fun and upbeat songs to dance to. His shortened songs were wonderful for our dances, it is done seamlessly!! We truly appreciated it as none of us were overly comfortable dancing in front of a room full of people! Aaron always responded quickly to emails and was so easy to work with. He understood the atmosphere we were hoping for and always addressed the room in a friendly and professional manner. We cannot thank you enough for making our night so wonderful!

Profile Picture Catherine, 12/28/16, 5 Reviews
4.1

Uptown Sound provided white backdrop draping, uplighting, and cafe lighting for our ceremony, and uplighting for our reception. Aaron created a beautiful candlelit-type feel in both spaces that transformed our mostly wood venue into a cozy space for our December wedding. It was magical, and we could not have been more pleased.

Profile Picture Tara, 12/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

I am going to be honest, my husband and I were hesitant on booking a DJ for our wedding after we had been to some bad DJ run wedding receptions. We were worried that we were going to have a New Jersey night club reception – LOL! Boy, how wrong were we!!! We met with Aaron and our view of DJs changed 180 degrees! Aaron is extremely profession and he LISTENS!!!!! He put mine and my husband’s fears at ease and helped us create an amazing playlist and reception timeline! Our once fears turned to excitement! Aaron is a great communicator and never once pressured us on any decision. Our reception was AMAZING thanks to Aaron! He was such a great DJ and kept our guests entertained the whole night! We got so many compliments from our guests (they loved Aaron’s presentation style)! Aaron actually saved our reception day too. We were told our venue reception lights had dimmers --- unfortunately we found out the hard way 5 minutes before our wedding that was not the case. Aaron swooped in and helped create gorgeous soft lighting that set the romantic mood of our reception! Aaron we want you to know how much we appreciate you and all that you did for us for our wedding! We cannot recommend Uptown Sound enough – thank you for changing our minds about DJs!

Profile Picture Mary, 12/3/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

We used Uptown Sound for our wedding in Fort Worth at the T&P Station and our ceremony at the Marty Leonard Chapel. They were exactly what we wanted in a DJ. We used Jay the DJ that the owner Aaron set us up with. They were both professional and fun! He answered all of my email and questions promptly. Jay kept everyone on the dance floor all night and even one of our friends wants to use them at their wedding. This is an easy and great decision on using this company.

Profile Picture Whitney, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

We worked with Mason from Uptown Sound and he was such a pleasure to work with. He was very knowledgable on several types of genres, music groups, and songs. We had a brief meeting before the big day and talked through the events of the evening and what we wanted our guests to hear. The ceremony and reception music was just what we asked for and all our guests were on the dance floor all night. Mason did not hog the microphone, but made the necessary announcements throughout the event. I would highly recommend Mason from Uptown Sound as he was professional and very good at his work!

Profile Picture Kelcie, 11/5/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our experience with Uptown Sound was wonderful. We had another DJ booked almost a year out, and a few weeks before our wedding, they needed to pull out for personal reasons. My mom got online and found lots of amazing reviews for Uptown Sound, and decided to check them out. I'm so glad she did, because they were able with such short notice to take us on! Mason was our DJ and we spectacular. He was so friendly and professional, and was easy to reach for all of our questions and needs. He even made suggestions to help get people dancing that we hadn't thought of! I would highly recommend them for any wedding or event. Very friendly, professional, and created an amazing experience for us and our guests.

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews