Uptown Drive Reviews

Uptown Drive 6
Uptown Drive 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 02/02/2019

Best Wedding Band Ever - Book them now!

Our experience with Uptown Drive was top notch from the beginning. Greg was incredibly responsive and took the time to answer all of our questions. Day of - they were the hit of the night. It’s been almost two months since our wedding, and people still can’t stop gushing about them. Seriously, we cannot recommend this band enough. Not only were they the highlight of the evening, they were the leader that kept everything running smoothly. They were just so on top of it all. They ended the night with the song, “Shout” and came down to the dance floor and danced with us, instruments in hand! Booking Uptown Drive was by far the best decision we made. They took our wedding to the next level. Book them now. You won’t regret it.

Kimberly · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing, money well spent, best part of the night!

By far, the best decision my husband and I made - We are almost a month post-wedding, and my friends and family STILL rave about how great Uptown Drive was.
    Uptown Drive isn't just a wedding band. They are true entertainers and performers. Not only was the music selection amazing (we actually asked for the playlist so we can keep on listening to the set list!), but they interacted with the crowd and played alongside us as well! My guests were AMAZED. They had never seen a band like this before! Absolutely would recomend Uptown Drive to anyone! We are so so so so pleased with our choice in band :)

• Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Preble · Married on 12/29/2018

The best band out there.

BOOK THIS BAND. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

We had the wedding of the year because of this band. They are so energetic, so much fun, and keep everyone on the dance floor. Our dance floor was packed from start to finish and all of their songs are exceptionally amazing. If I could do it again, I would book this band over and over and over and over. If you like to party and get down on the dance floor, you need to book this band.

Greg is extremely sincere and kind and listened to all of my requests without hesitation. He helped the wedding flow so well. Even when my timeline got thrown a little off by our caterer running behind, he reassured me that everything was fine and got everything back on track and running smoothly, which I am so grateful for. Greg is a great emcee and he really goes above and beyond.

This band is one of a kind. I have been to many many weddings, and maybe I am biased because they were our band, but they are the best band I have ever seen. My family and I plan to actually go see them when they play in Austin!!

These guys are the best. Stop looking around and book this band.

Natalie Kitten · Married on 12/15/2018

Absolutely amazing!!!

This is the best money you could possibly spend on your wedding! I first heard Uptown Drive at a friend's wedding three years ago, and that was the day I decided I wanted a band at my own wedding. They are excellent performers and would come off stage to interact with the crowd, and the music was fantastic! They know their audience well, and are so fun and easy to work with. My mom and I communicated with Greg and had a wonderful experience with him. He is prompt, organized, and so so nice! They were very flexible and worked with us when our stage was too small. They definitely know the ins and outs of weddings, and unlike many other bands, when you hire Uptown Drive, you know exactly who your performers will be as it is the same group that performs every time! This band is the way to go!

Arden Roeder · Married on 11/24/2018

Reception Goals!!

When we booked Uptown Drive for our wedding, my husband and I had never seen them play live, but my parents said they were the best event band they had ever seen so we were blindly trusting their opinion.
    WOW. This was maybe the best decision we made in the entirety of the planning process!! I am not exaggerating when I say we had the time of our lives at our reception. Our guests were on the dance floor all. night. long. and the crowd really never thinned out even when they switched up the songs! Even some of my husband's friends who I figured wouldn't be much into dancing were on the dance floor with us all night! Everyone loved when the band went onto the dance floor to play, and we even got to jump on stage for the last song.
    Our wedding was more than four weeks ago and every time I run into someone who attended, they still want to talk about how fun the reception was!
    Our highest priority with wedding planning was to make sure our guests had a great time, and Uptown Drive helped us make this dream a reality!! Cannot recommend them highly enough!

Uptown Drive 8
    Uptown Drive 9
    Uptown Drive 10
    Uptown Drive 11
    Uptown Drive 12

Megan · Married on 11/10/2018

Such a fun night!

Uptown Drive was fantastic. Everyone was on the dance floor all night and people are still raving about how much fun they had! Would definitely recommend to all of my friends. Highly recommend!

Krystan Farnish · Married on 11/09/2018

Excellent!

I can’t say enough great things about Uptown Drive! When my husband and I first started planning our wedding, we wanted to check out a few bands in person before making any decisions. Greg was so accommodating with our crazy schedules and helped us make it work to come see them live at a corporate event. Even at this corporate event, they were so high energy! Greg even came over to us mid-set to greet us and see if there were any songs we really wanted to hear. He also took time after their set to come talk to us, get to know us, and answer any questions we had. After seeing them play live, we knew we wanted them to play at our wedding. We were really amazed by their professionalism from the very start. Greg is amazing to work with, very responsive to emails, and willing to do whatever he can to make his clients happy. We also had the band learn a song for our first dance - they were so accommodating with the learning the song and even sent us a recording of the band playing the song before our wedding so we could practice our first dance to the band’s version! The live version of the song turned out beautifully, along with the rest of the music they played. During the reception, people were raving about the band, and 2 months later, people are still telling me about how much they loved our wedding band! They will engage your wedding guests during the entire night and really know how to get the party started! They had every single one of our guests up dancing throughout the night. Plus, every member of the band is incredibly talented. Many of our wedding guests told us and our parents that our wedding was the most fun wedding they have ever been to, and I think this was largely due the band. I would highly recommend them to any bride/groom looking for a fun, professional wedding band. I would absolutely pick them as our wedding band if I had to do it all over again! Thanks so much for making our wedding so memorable, Uptown Drive!

• Dana

Dana · Married on 11/03/2018

The BEST Wedding Band

Greg and his team know how to get a party started! Everyone had a little too much fun and the dance floor was never empty! Our wedding planner recommended them and we were sold as soon as we saw them play at Baker Street one Friday night. So fun and easy to work with - we had a blast!! Our wedding reception wouldn't have been the same without them.

• Kimmi

Kimmi Gibbs · Married on 10/30/2018

Is this real life?

I was recommended Uptown Drive by my bestie who has been in the local Austin music industry for years. We wanted a fun band, that could sing and entertain.. and that we enjoyed being around. I spoke to Gregg on and off for several months leading up to the wedding. With conversation numero uno, I felt like I was chatting with a friend. Leading up to the week of the wedding, Gregg helped us nail down last minute decisions like a pro. The band is top notch professionals and AMAZING performers. I honestly have never experienced a band like this at any wedding and I'm not being biased. We felt so special and our guests all complimented the band. Literally our only regret was not booking them longer and extending the venue hours to later, because everyone wanted to party with these guys until the wee hours. I cannot say enough positive things. "You get what you pay for" could not pertain more. I almost hired a band that was slightly cheaper, maybe about $1k which is nothing to snub your nose at. But WOW did we get quality by going with Uptown Drive. If you are spending a ton for a beautiful wedding, do not skimp on the entertainment. They truly made the reception epic. :) Thank you Uptown Drive, will never forget the memories you helped us make. - Kimmi & Matt

Uptown Drive 13
    Uptown Drive 14
    Uptown Drive 15

David Thomases · Married on 10/20/2018

Our Hearts Will Go On

We could not be happier with Uptown Drive and the entertainment they provided. To start, Greg was super accommodating in our needs for music for the ceremony, dinner, and dancing. For dinner specifically, we had guests asking "What are these covers? We haven't heard these versions played before!" as if the music was pre-recorded. It wasn't. Uptown Drive was playing over where they were set up, away from dinner, and pumping their audio out to us at dinner. And they were still putting on a show for anyone who wandered over. Once the party got started, it was more than we had ever wished for. It was the most that either of us had ever danced at a wedding (well, it was OURS, I guess...), and the party was ON. Uptown Drive went above and beyond to get the song list ready that we wanted for our wedding, and they sounded great the whole time. They are totally complete and professional entertainers, and we hope we get to go to another of their performances sometime soon!

Jordan · Married on 10/13/2018

Looking for a Party? Hire Uptown Drive!!

Looking for a band that will get the party started and no one will want to stop dancing or leave the dance floor? Look NO FURTHER! I cannot begin to describe how wonderful and amazing Uptown Drive is. After searching and going to look at numerous bands, Uptown Drive was #1 on our MUST HAVE list! I knew I had to have a band for my wedding but I cannot begin to tell you how amazing and wonderful the band is to work with. Greg was so easy to work with, he worked with both my dad and I and answered all our questions and was extremely easy to get a hold of and on top of his game, and that was just the booking process!!

Throughout the entire wedding planning process and picking out songs from their extensive repertoire, Greg was so friendly and willing to help with whatever we needed!

I have to tell you when it came to the big day, this is the MOST interactive band I have ever seen!! The got people out on the dance floor AND KEPT them on the dance floor, even when they took breaks the songs that were played during their breaks, no one left. I have received SO many complements on how amazing this band was and how they kept the party "hopping". They even incorporated our Alma Mater's Fight Song and brought that into one of their routines!! You will not find a more interactive, on the dance floor with you, playing the hits and oldies to keep all generations on the dance floor band than Uptown!! We had all generations out dancing, from our youngest and Uptown Drive's newest fan, my 1 year old cousin, to my 92 year old grandpa. I beg you to find any other band that can do that!

Thank you Greg and Uptown Drive for making our wedding "one hell of a party", that people are STILL talking about 3 weeks later!

Jessica Miller · Married on 10/07/2018

Absolutely amazing!

I do not even know where to begin! My husband and I were SO happy with the entire experience of working with Uptown Drive. Greg was great to work with before the wedding. Very responsive and helpful. So friendly and easy to work with. The band was AMAZING! Our friends and family have been raving about how fun and good the band was. So talented and fun! They get involved with the crowd, great entertainers and awesome musicians! This was definitely money well spent and I will be recommending them to all friends having a wedding or any other event in Texas. They did great with reading the crowd and kept our dance floor packed the entire time! They appeal to groups of all ages. They have a great set list and will work with you if there are any specific songs you are wanting to be played. Thank you Uptown Drive for making our special night so fun!

Uptown Drive 16
    Uptown Drive 17
    Uptown Drive 18

Amy Jordan · Married on 09/15/2018

Uptown Drive is THE BEST!

Uptown Drive is, without a doubt, THE BEST band in Austin, Texas for weddings and beyond!!! Greg Williams was wonderful to work with during the months prior to the event, and he and his bandmembers did an OUTSTANDING job at our wedding reception. They all are so incredibly talented and are amazing entertainers. They truly are like no other . . . young and old alike at our event commented over and over and over on how great they were. They created a fun way to celebrate a most happy and joyous occasion and they did it in a way that involved everyone there. I highly recommend them and would use them again in a heartbeat. Weddings are an expensive undertaking - the money we spent on Uptown Drive was some of the best money we spent! They were outstanding and I cannot say enough good things about them. Love love love!!!

Ragan · Married on 05/12/2018

Uptown Drive came recommended through a friend of a friend for my wedding and they did not disappoint! Before we booked them my mom and I made an impromptu trip to from Fort Worth to see them. I met Greg before their set and got to chat with him and they even worked some of the music I said we liked in so we could hear it!
    Leading up to the event Greg was awesome, always getting back to us quickly if we had any questions. He even checked in with us the week before to go over music selection and our play/don't play list and to make sure he said our last name correctly. My dad had a certain song he wanted for the father daughter dance and they had no problem learning that for him. The dance floor was packed all night and they really kept the party going! Everyone at the wedding loved them, guests and vendors alike! If you're looking for a fantastic band this is it!

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 05/05/2018

Amazing and unforgettable wedding band!!

Uptown Drive a dream come true for our wedding! Greg was prompt and responded to all questions as soon as possible. On the day of, all of our guests were blown away by the professionalism and munsicality of the group. We would not have changed one aspect of our experience - Uptown Drive is the perfect wedding band!!

Uptown Drive 19
    Uptown Drive 20
    Uptown Drive 21
    Uptown Drive 22

Michael · Married on 04/27/2018

Hiring Uptown Drive was the single best decision we made for our wedding. Working with Greg was very easy and he was very responsive to our questions, needs, and music we wanted played. The set list and performance amped up our wedding guests and turned a normal wedding reception into a rockin’ concert performance. Highly recommend- they aren’t cheap but they are worth every penny! Thank you Uptown Drive!!

Laura · Married on 04/20/2018

I cannot say enough good things about uptown drive to truly capture how amazing our wedding night was. They absolutely killed it!
    My husband and I can’t even count the number of people who told us they loved the band and have never heard a better band at any wedding, ever. Their renditions of Cheerleader, michael jackson songs, and backstreet boys were definitely the hits of the night and kept everyone on the dance floor.

You will absolutely love the energy and excitement they bring to the party - it was hands down the best vendor decision we made. Not only was the sound quality top notch, but they were professional and fantastic to collaborate with in the planning stages. We totally wished our wedding had 3 more hours of dancing and singing with Uptown Drive.

Linda · Married on 04/20/2018

There are not enough words to describe the level of professionalism, showmanship, and excellence Greg and Uptown Drive provided for our daughter’s wedding in April! Greg was a pleasure to work with from day one and helped make the music planning easy even from faraway New Jersey! Of course, the wedding reception was wonderful on so many levels, but thanks to the great music, fantastic voices, and amazing showmanship of Uptown Drive, we, and our guests, didn’t stop dancing, didn’t stop smiling, could not say enough about what fun this band brought to our very special celebration! Uptown Drive was the delicious icing on a very delicious cake! We have no doubt that Greg and his band mates will elevate any special occasion to an event you will keep smiling about long after it is over!

Rachel · Married on 03/24/2018

Book them now, if you can. Don't hesitate.

We wanted our wedding to be a great party with great music, and Uptown Drive delivered in such a major way. They are so talented and they make it really fun. Everyone at the wedding was raving about the band; saying it was the best wedding band they'd seen. It was nice and it was true--and it's really what you want at your wedding, for your guests to be raving about how much fun they're having.

Also, my now-husband is very particular about music, so their range, for him, especially the Motown, was part of the appeal. Definitely add the brass.

We'd had the pleasure of seeing them perform in Austin prior to the date, and we're hoping to catch them in Austin again soon. They're just great.

Uptown Drive 23
    Uptown Drive 24

Lauren · Married on 03/09/2018

Uptown Drive was the best wedding band! The variety of music kept people dancing all night long. Greg was very responsive and was so easy to coordinate with. They traveled about 5 hours for the event and was on time for everything! Greg even helped coordinate and pick songs for during the ceremony which was a HUGE help! They provided all emceeing and music during breaks which went very smooth. The band was very entertaining and interactive with the crowd! Multiple people have told me after the fact that this was the best wedding band they have heard! I would totally hire this band for another event in the future!

Jim · Married on 03/09/2018

I booked Uptown Drive for an out of town wedding having never heard them. Greg was wonderful to deal with. Always responded promptly and answered all my questions and made me feel at ease through the whole process. Over the years I have learned that the band makes a wedding. And let me tell you Uptown Drive is great. We had a challenging room for sound and the manager of the venue told me in his 30 years he had never heard a band sound so good. Total professionals all the way. The music was outstanding and had everyone dancing all night. You should book Uptown Drive!

• W

William · Married on 02/02/2018

When planning our wedding, we both agreed that the band was a key component to throwing an amazing and memorable party. Uptown Drive was the perfect choice for our wedding! They were responsive and made sure that we had a great time as well as our guests. Everyone was on the dance floor until the end of the night and we keep getting compliments on the amazing band. I would recommend Uptown Drive 10 out of 10 times!

Julia · Married on 12/31/2017

I can't rave more enthusiastically about Uptown Drive! My (now) husband and I both care a lot about music,and the process of picking a band for our wedding was super important and super intimidating. There's no shortage of options when choosing a band, but weeding through them all was really overwhelming. We watched so many videos, but it was really hard feeling completely confident in who to choose (particularly because we live in Washington, DC and were getting married in Houston, so couldn't scope out our choice in real life). That said, we kept coming back to Uptown Drive because of the quality of their recorded performances, their range of songs (Motown to The Weekend), and their past reviews were so, so strong!

Before choosing Uptown Drive, I'd reached out to several bands and kept getting connected to the same few people who worked for groups representing multiple bands. That agency model was frustrating, confusing, and I kept getting the feeling that I was being fleeced. On the other hand, with Uptown Drive, Greg was my one point of contact from beginning to end. Greg was super responsive to every question, really easy to work with, and I was confident from the jump we were in great hands!

Fast-forward to our actual wedding day, the entire Uptown Drive team was amazing. From ceremony music, to conspiring with our friends to surprise us with a flash mob, to "Auld Lang Syne" at midnight – they didn’t miss a beat. We got so many compliments about how great the band was, and they kept everyone from our 20-year-old cousin to 80+ year-old grandparents dancing all night! All of the musicians and singers are so talented, and we can't recommend them more highly!

I think if anything, my only warning is that as good as their videos and recordings are, they don't do Uptown Drive justice – they were so, so, so fun in real life. If I could give 10-stars for our full experience working with them, I would!

Taylor · Married on 12/30/2017

They were awesome and SO much fun! Truly could not have asked for a better band. Grandparents, friends, parents- everyone loved them. We appreciate their variety of music- were super easy to work with and plan and made our wedding night one we will never forget!