Uptown Drive Reviews

Uptown Drive 4
Uptown Drive 5

Christy Martin · Married on 07/09/2019

Best band ever

I cannot get over how amazing they were! Fun, helpful, kind, entertaining, and professional! They truly made the night the best night possible and threw in some amazing surprises for us!

Uptown Drive 6
    Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Arden

Arden Beyer · Married on 06/01/2019

Incredible

My husband and I recently got married on June 1st and we had Uptown Drive at our wedding! Working with Greg and Uptown Drive was a great experience and he was so helpful throughout the whole process. Everyone complimented our band at the wedding and even the weeks following! 10/10 would recommend having them at your wedding.
    They were so good at interacting with the crowd and getting people on the dance floor which was also a major bonus and we loved that!!

Uptown Drive 7
    Sent on 07/22/2019

Taylor Carlson · Married on 05/11/2019

BEST Wedding Band Ever!!

Booking Uptown Drive was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! They were an absolute HIT! Not only is the band extremely talented, they are high energy, interactive, and kept the dance floor full the entire night! We received endless compliments from guests regarding Uptown Drive for weeks after the wedding, everyone had a blast! We are truly thankful for having Uptown Drive celebrate with us, they made our special day better than we could have ever imagined!

Uptown Drive 8
    Uptown Drive 9
    Uptown Drive 10
    Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Bryce

Bryce Jones · Married on 04/27/2019

Uptown Drive - The Absolute Best

I can't recommend Uptown Drive enough, they were amazing. Having a stellar band for our wedding (Apr 2019) was of the upmost importance to my wife and we could not have been more pleased. I'm not kidding when I say people overtook the dance floor for 3 hours straight, jam after jam, it was unprecedented. There were a lot of sore legs the next day, that's for sure. They interacted with the crowd throughout the entire performance which kept everyone constantly engaged and dancing. My wife crowd surfing off the stage during one of their final songs was probably the highlight. She actually never left the dance floor all night, my best man was on drink refill duty so she wouldn't have to. Her sister has already booked Uptown Drive for their wedding next spring and a couple other friends are planning to use them for their weddings as well. You will not be disappointed and your party goers will rave about it for months after, as they did for us. Make sure to add the brass section, really ties the performance together.

Sent on 08/01/2019

M · Married on 04/13/2019

Uptown Drive is the best wedding band!

Uptown Drive was phenomenal for our wedding! Not only did we have the best night of our lives dancing and celebrating our marriage, but our friends and family literally could not stop complimenting them even to this day. We went to see Uptown Drive at Baker Street Pub as part of our wedding research and knew they would do a great job after the first time we saw them, but they exceeded our expectations by a mile on our wedding night!

When we think back to the day, my husband and I both had the same favorite memory, standing on stage when Greg took us up during the last song and looking down at all of our favorite people on the dance floor! The music was wonderful but the attention to detail (like that moment and also making a special shout out for the first song we ever danced to), performances, coordinated dances, crowd involvement, and song choices were hands down better than any wedding band we’ve ever seen (and we've been to a lot of weddings).

Thank you Uptown Drive for a making our wedding night the most epic dance party we could have ever imagined! Best decision we made for our wedding - they are a must have!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Emily

Emily Endacott · Married on 04/06/2019

Wedding 4/6/19

they made the night! we didn’t want the night to end they were so fantastic. Guests are still messaging us about them and where they go watch them perform. Best money we spent on the wedding day!

Sent on 04/09/2019

David Madden · Married on 04/05/2019

Advice from a seasoned wedding band musician: Choose this band.

Dave Madden here, voted Best Music Arranger at the AMP Austin Music Industry Awards and Top 10 Best Keyboardists as voted by the Austin Chronicle's Music Poll. I'm a member of the Recording Academy and a voting member for the Grammy's. I've given a TED Talk on music. I've also played hundreds of wedding receptions. I know the musicians that make up virtually every major wedding band in Austin.

I chose Uptown Drive to play my wedding. They killed it, like I knew they would, and like they always do.

Austin boasts an embarrassment of musical riches. There are tons of great bands out there. Many of them would probably do an amazing job for your wedding. But Uptown Drive is a sure thing. They're going to wow your family and friends. They're going to summon an unforgettable party out of thin air.

Uptown Drive 11
    Uptown Drive 18
    Uptown Drive 19
    Sent on 10/20/2019

Justin · Married on 03/31/2019

Awesome night with packed dance floor

Greg and uptown drive were a pleasure to work with from the beginning. They are very responsive to suggestions and song requests, and can make your vision come to life! I received many compliments on the band, and as the title suggests, people couldn’t stop dancing. Would highly recommend this group.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Holly · Married on 03/27/2019

Best wedding band ever!

Uptown Drive will not disappoint. They are incredible musicians and the nicest people. Greg called me immediately and answered all our questions. The Band even learned a song for us! He called 1 week before the wedding to finalize all songs, and announcements. He listened to what our daughter wanted, and did it all! The dance floor was FULL the entire night, and everyone will agree the band made the evening. The Band members danced on the floor with the guests, and had the Groom come up on stage. This Band was the best money spent all night. FUN, FUN, FUN!
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I wish we could do it all over again with Uptown Drive!!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Anna

Anna Bahme · Married on 03/16/2019

Incredibly talented, unique, and kind!

Uptown Drive is the best! They played at our wedding in March and made the reception so exciting and memorable. They played awesome sets that were perfectly curated, energetic, and interactive! I remember being at the reception, looking around at people dancing, and being in total awe of how much fun everything was. A huge part of that was because of Uptown Drive. I HIGHLY recommend them! Guests from the wedding are still talking about how fun the band and dancing was!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Courtney · Married on 03/15/2019

Amazing band

Uptown Drive made our wedding a night we would never forget. The band was interactive and got everyone out on the dance floor. The variety of music was absolutely perfect for all ages. Our guests danced all night long! So perfect. Not to mention, their communication and availability for phone calls/emails was top notch. Would definitely recommend to anyone getting married!

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Whitehead · Married on 03/08/2019

Fantastic! Best band ever!

We booked Uptown Drive for our August wedding. First of all, Greg was fantastic to work with. Very responsive and organized. Most importantly, the band is AMAZING!!!!! They kept our guest on the dance floor all night long. They even played our first dance live! I can not say enough good things about this band. The song selections, showman ship, professionalism are all top notch. You will not regret booking this band for your wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 02/02/2019

Best Wedding Band Ever - Book them now!

Our experience with Uptown Drive was top notch from the beginning. Greg was incredibly responsive and took the time to answer all of our questions. Day of - they were the hit of the night. It’s been almost two months since our wedding, and people still can’t stop gushing about them. Seriously, we cannot recommend this band enough. Not only were they the highlight of the evening, they were the leader that kept everything running smoothly. They were just so on top of it all. They ended the night with the song, “Shout” and came down to the dance floor and danced with us, instruments in hand! Booking Uptown Drive was by far the best decision we made. They took our wedding to the next level. Book them now. You won’t regret it.

Sent on 03/18/2019

Kimberly · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing, money well spent, best part of the night!

By far, the best decision my husband and I made - We are almost a month post-wedding, and my friends and family STILL rave about how great Uptown Drive was.
    Uptown Drive isn't just a wedding band. They are true entertainers and performers. Not only was the music selection amazing (we actually asked for the playlist so we can keep on listening to the set list!), but they interacted with the crowd and played alongside us as well! My guests were AMAZED. They had never seen a band like this before! Absolutely would recomend Uptown Drive to anyone! We are so so so so pleased with our choice in band :)

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Preble · Married on 12/29/2018

The best band out there.

BOOK THIS BAND. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

We had the wedding of the year because of this band. They are so energetic, so much fun, and keep everyone on the dance floor. Our dance floor was packed from start to finish and all of their songs are exceptionally amazing. If I could do it again, I would book this band over and over and over and over. If you like to party and get down on the dance floor, you need to book this band.

Greg is extremely sincere and kind and listened to all of my requests without hesitation. He helped the wedding flow so well. Even when my timeline got thrown a little off by our caterer running behind, he reassured me that everything was fine and got everything back on track and running smoothly, which I am so grateful for. Greg is a great emcee and he really goes above and beyond.

This band is one of a kind. I have been to many many weddings, and maybe I am biased because they were our band, but they are the best band I have ever seen. My family and I plan to actually go see them when they play in Austin!!

These guys are the best. Stop looking around and book this band.

Sent on 02/20/2019

Natalie Kitten · Married on 12/15/2018

Absolutely amazing!!!

This is the best money you could possibly spend on your wedding! I first heard Uptown Drive at a friend's wedding three years ago, and that was the day I decided I wanted a band at my own wedding. They are excellent performers and would come off stage to interact with the crowd, and the music was fantastic! They know their audience well, and are so fun and easy to work with. My mom and I communicated with Greg and had a wonderful experience with him. He is prompt, organized, and so so nice! They were very flexible and worked with us when our stage was too small. They definitely know the ins and outs of weddings, and unlike many other bands, when you hire Uptown Drive, you know exactly who your performers will be as it is the same group that performs every time! This band is the way to go!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Arden Roeder · Married on 11/24/2018

Reception Goals!!

When we booked Uptown Drive for our wedding, my husband and I had never seen them play live, but my parents said they were the best event band they had ever seen so we were blindly trusting their opinion.
    WOW. This was maybe the best decision we made in the entirety of the planning process!! I am not exaggerating when I say we had the time of our lives at our reception. Our guests were on the dance floor all. night. long. and the crowd really never thinned out even when they switched up the songs! Even some of my husband's friends who I figured wouldn't be much into dancing were on the dance floor with us all night! Everyone loved when the band went onto the dance floor to play, and we even got to jump on stage for the last song.
    Our wedding was more than four weeks ago and every time I run into someone who attended, they still want to talk about how fun the reception was!
    Our highest priority with wedding planning was to make sure our guests had a great time, and Uptown Drive helped us make this dream a reality!! Cannot recommend them highly enough!

Uptown Drive 20
    Uptown Drive 21
    Uptown Drive 22
    Uptown Drive 23
    Uptown Drive 24
    Sent on 12/24/2018

Megan · Married on 11/10/2018

Such a fun night!

Uptown Drive was fantastic. Everyone was on the dance floor all night and people are still raving about how much fun they had! Would definitely recommend to all of my friends. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Krystan Farnish · Married on 11/09/2018

Excellent!

I can’t say enough great things about Uptown Drive! When my husband and I first started planning our wedding, we wanted to check out a few bands in person before making any decisions. Greg was so accommodating with our crazy schedules and helped us make it work to come see them live at a corporate event. Even at this corporate event, they were so high energy! Greg even came over to us mid-set to greet us and see if there were any songs we really wanted to hear. He also took time after their set to come talk to us, get to know us, and answer any questions we had. After seeing them play live, we knew we wanted them to play at our wedding. We were really amazed by their professionalism from the very start. Greg is amazing to work with, very responsive to emails, and willing to do whatever he can to make his clients happy. We also had the band learn a song for our first dance - they were so accommodating with the learning the song and even sent us a recording of the band playing the song before our wedding so we could practice our first dance to the band’s version! The live version of the song turned out beautifully, along with the rest of the music they played. During the reception, people were raving about the band, and 2 months later, people are still telling me about how much they loved our wedding band! They will engage your wedding guests during the entire night and really know how to get the party started! They had every single one of our guests up dancing throughout the night. Plus, every member of the band is incredibly talented. Many of our wedding guests told us and our parents that our wedding was the most fun wedding they have ever been to, and I think this was largely due the band. I would highly recommend them to any bride/groom looking for a fun, professional wedding band. I would absolutely pick them as our wedding band if I had to do it all over again! Thanks so much for making our wedding so memorable, Uptown Drive!

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 11/03/2018

The BEST Wedding Band

Greg and his team know how to get a party started! Everyone had a little too much fun and the dance floor was never empty! Our wedding planner recommended them and we were sold as soon as we saw them play at Baker Street one Friday night. So fun and easy to work with - we had a blast!! Our wedding reception wouldn't have been the same without them.

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Kimmi

Kimmi Gibbs · Married on 10/30/2018

Is this real life?

I was recommended Uptown Drive by my bestie who has been in the local Austin music industry for years. We wanted a fun band, that could sing and entertain.. and that we enjoyed being around. I spoke to Gregg on and off for several months leading up to the wedding. With conversation numero uno, I felt like I was chatting with a friend. Leading up to the week of the wedding, Gregg helped us nail down last minute decisions like a pro. The band is top notch professionals and AMAZING performers. I honestly have never experienced a band like this at any wedding and I'm not being biased. We felt so special and our guests all complimented the band. Literally our only regret was not booking them longer and extending the venue hours to later, because everyone wanted to party with these guys until the wee hours. I cannot say enough positive things. "You get what you pay for" could not pertain more. I almost hired a band that was slightly cheaper, maybe about $1k which is nothing to snub your nose at. But WOW did we get quality by going with Uptown Drive. If you are spending a ton for a beautiful wedding, do not skimp on the entertainment. They truly made the reception epic. :) Thank you Uptown Drive, will never forget the memories you helped us make. - Kimmi & Matt

Uptown Drive 25
    Uptown Drive 26
    Uptown Drive 27
    Sent on 10/30/2018

David Thomases · Married on 10/20/2018

Our Hearts Will Go On

We could not be happier with Uptown Drive and the entertainment they provided. To start, Greg was super accommodating in our needs for music for the ceremony, dinner, and dancing. For dinner specifically, we had guests asking "What are these covers? We haven't heard these versions played before!" as if the music was pre-recorded. It wasn't. Uptown Drive was playing over where they were set up, away from dinner, and pumping their audio out to us at dinner. And they were still putting on a show for anyone who wandered over. Once the party got started, it was more than we had ever wished for. It was the most that either of us had ever danced at a wedding (well, it was OURS, I guess...), and the party was ON. Uptown Drive went above and beyond to get the song list ready that we wanted for our wedding, and they sounded great the whole time. They are totally complete and professional entertainers, and we hope we get to go to another of their performances sometime soon!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda Pomilla Hagood · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic Austin Band!

I had a wedding with Uptown Drive, and we now have the best spread of dancing images ever! They were great at reading the crowd, keeping energy up, having smooth transitions. You want them at your wedding! Can't wait to work with all of you again!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Jordan · Married on 10/13/2018

Looking for a Party? Hire Uptown Drive!!

Looking for a band that will get the party started and no one will want to stop dancing or leave the dance floor? Look NO FURTHER! I cannot begin to describe how wonderful and amazing Uptown Drive is. After searching and going to look at numerous bands, Uptown Drive was #1 on our MUST HAVE list! I knew I had to have a band for my wedding but I cannot begin to tell you how amazing and wonderful the band is to work with. Greg was so easy to work with, he worked with both my dad and I and answered all our questions and was extremely easy to get a hold of and on top of his game, and that was just the booking process!!

Throughout the entire wedding planning process and picking out songs from their extensive repertoire, Greg was so friendly and willing to help with whatever we needed!

I have to tell you when it came to the big day, this is the MOST interactive band I have ever seen!! The got people out on the dance floor AND KEPT them on the dance floor, even when they took breaks the songs that were played during their breaks, no one left. I have received SO many complements on how amazing this band was and how they kept the party "hopping". They even incorporated our Alma Mater's Fight Song and brought that into one of their routines!! You will not find a more interactive, on the dance floor with you, playing the hits and oldies to keep all generations on the dance floor band than Uptown!! We had all generations out dancing, from our youngest and Uptown Drive's newest fan, my 1 year old cousin, to my 92 year old grandpa. I beg you to find any other band that can do that!

Thank you Greg and Uptown Drive for making our wedding "one hell of a party", that people are STILL talking about 3 weeks later!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Jessica Miller · Married on 10/07/2018

Absolutely amazing!

I do not even know where to begin! My husband and I were SO happy with the entire experience of working with Uptown Drive. Greg was great to work with before the wedding. Very responsive and helpful. So friendly and easy to work with. The band was AMAZING! Our friends and family have been raving about how fun and good the band was. So talented and fun! They get involved with the crowd, great entertainers and awesome musicians! This was definitely money well spent and I will be recommending them to all friends having a wedding or any other event in Texas. They did great with reading the crowd and kept our dance floor packed the entire time! They appeal to groups of all ages. They have a great set list and will work with you if there are any specific songs you are wanting to be played. Thank you Uptown Drive for making our special night so fun!

Uptown Drive 28