Upstairs Atlanta Reviews

Upstairs Atlanta 3
Upstairs Atlanta 4
Upstairs Atlanta 5

Marissa Donker · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Upstairs Atlanta Goes Above and Beyond!

We cannot thank Upstairs Atlanta enough (thank you doesn't even really do it justice) for their time, support, availability, flexibility, and overall awesomeness! They truly made the entire process so enjoyable, from start to finish. The entire team was incredible and the whole day and evening was seamless. The welcomed every phone call and every meeting with open arms. We highly recommend Upstairs Atlanta for any event!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Heusel · Getting married on 10/31/2020

While it hasn’t been our wedding yet, working with Russell Simon as my sales and venue consultant has been an ABSOLUTE pleasure

The whole vibe of Upstairs Atlanta is as low-key to as fancy as you’d like to make it. The wedding we attended in September of 2019 helped us realize that we wanted to absolutely be married here for our own wedding on Halloween and the team is incredible. We can’t wait to see how our own wedding turns out and can’t thank them enough for making this such a smooth process.

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Randy

Randy Lieberman · Married on 08/06/2019

Awesome, affordable venue in heart of Atlanta

Kelsey Sanders, Russell Simon and the team at The Upstairs Atlanta have done a phenomenal job of creating a roomy yet intimate, classy yet intimate venue for all types of events. From the start, they communicated proactively about cost, decor and outside vendors. I loved that they were flexible to almost anything we could imagine. The outdoor space we utilized two vendors and in-house games of cornhole and big Jenga, for instance. Kelsey was able to build out a seating chart based on the number of attendees and help with the flow of cocktail hour, dinner and drinks. Our wedding reception sat around 120 and it was the perfect number for the size of the venue. If you're not familiar with the area, the venue is close to Ikea right off of Northside Drive. It's very accessible for guests coming from all directions in Atlanta, and also centrally located for guests going to after parties in Midtown/Buckhead/Westside or hotel blocks in Midtown/Downtown. All in all, we had a great experience. It checked all of the boxes for us as a venue and was a more intimate and affordable option than others in the area.

Upstairs Atlanta 6
    Sent on 10/19/2019

Mary · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful Experience!

We had our wedding a few weeks ago at Upstairs Atlanta and it was absolutely perfect! The venue is beautiful and such a great location. We had the best experience working with Kelsey and the entire team at Upstairs. Kelsey is very responsive and remembered every small detail about our day. I would recommend Upstairs for any event!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Bethlehem · Married on 08/04/2018

We cannot thank Upstairs Atlanta enough for hosting our wedding of 140 guests! They hired their own additional staff to accommodate our large party and truly there wasn’t anything we couldn’t ask and they wouldn’t accommodate. Plus, it’s BYOB, I repeat, it’s BYOB for a wedding!

They provided long rectangle farm tables that seat 8 guests each, tolix chairs (up to 150), high tops for the cocktail hour, a bar inside and outside, a lounge area, friendly bar staff, and the mixers were part of an all-inclusive rate. Definitely request a quote, you will be blown away by the pricing.

A nice bonus if you need, is a room full of random decor you could borrow if you don’t feel like spending money on extra stuff.

They also had a stunning bridal suite and views of the Atlanta skyline from their parking lot! These perks came in handy for our photos.

Side note: parking is minimal, but if you plan to party, Uber/Lyft anyways. We did and we didn’t need to use their additional lot next door, which is an option for a fee.

Best venue in Atlanta if you’re looking for BYOB with a great in house team. The space is very versatile, so you can create almost anything in there!

Upstairs Atlanta 7
    Sent on 08/17/2018

Alex · Married on 08/11/2017

Awesome new venu and the management team made it so easy to put on an amazing event. Our rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch

Sent on 08/29/2017

Latoya · Married on 10/10/2014

Upstairs Atlanta is a sexy and intimate venue with a hint of of rustic. With indoor and outdoor space available, this beautiful site is great for engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions and everything in between. The owners and staff are extremely accommodating, attentive and ready to work with you to meet all of your needs. As an added bonus, make sure to check out their Escape Rooms as a fun team building exercise for the family, bridal parties and Engaged couples!

Sent on 05/09/2017
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful Wedding Venue

We loved hosting our reception here - the staff is very helpful and attentive to your preferences!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Ryan · Married on 08/12/2017

Upstairs Atlanta was an incredible venue for my rehearsal dinner with 70 guests. The layout worked extremely well, the bar is convenient and the staff was over the top accommodating. The new farm tables were perfect for the vibe too! The A/V worked seamlessly for our music, slideshow and speaches. Thanks Kyle and Sarah for all your help!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Lori · Married on 08/12/2017

Kyle and Sara went above and beyond to make our wedding rehearsal dinner outstanding. They were helpful and easy to work with . The farm tables that Kyle made provided a great pallet for us to work off of to make the atmosphere enchanting. I have and will continue to recommend this venue to others for events posting anywhere between 50 and 150 .
    I have no complaints.

Sent on 08/21/2017

E Forslund · Married on 05/17/2019

Beautiful venue!

Upstairs Atlanta was a beautiful venue for our wedding day. Industrial, modern, indoor AND outdoor space! The team here knows what they’re doing and they do it well!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Rachel · Married on 04/12/2017

WM Events hosted a corporate event at Upstairs Atlanta and our client was thrilled with the originality of the space. Our bar staff was incredibly happy with the built in bar too! This space has incredible potential to be a one of a kind venue, especially when the Escape Room games open downstairs. The Upstairs Atlanta team is willing to work with you on flexibility in order for your event to run smoothly and be everything you want it to me.

Sent on 05/09/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

4.2
      3.0

A Lovely Wedding Venue

I chose Upstairs Atlanta based on their relaxed space that offers a great deal of flexibility with the layout, the event, the timing, and decor. The team changed in the 10 months that I planned my wedding, so I was a bit concerend about the turnover. But, Kelsey worked with us pretty well to ensure our vision was met. We had three meetings with the Upstairs team, and I don't think they are as detail-oriented as I am, so a few things fell through the cracks on our day, but nothing to cry over. Although their event staff says they can coordinate things to the full extent, I am glad I hired a friend of mine to be my wedding coordinator. We had 72 guests, a full open bar, a DJ, an MC, a florist, and a photographer. Upstairs worked well with my vendors and they all were very courteous to myself and my guests, which is so important. They event let us keep our decorations at the venue and come back another day to pick them up. They didn't try to charge us for extra things- their fee structure is very simple, which is so important. Overall, i'd recommend this space to have your event, just be sure to rely on others to help ensure your vision is met and check in on any vendors the venue is using to help out, like the bartenders. I'm sure they'll progress as they've only been open since March 2017. Thanks Upstairs!!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah Patterson · Married on 08/31/2019

3.8
      2.0
      3.0

Beautiful Venue, Tough if Planning on Your Own

I planned and coordinated our entire wedding and in several instances had great difficulty getting in touch with the staff at Upstairs Atlanta to get answers to my questions and set up meetings. The venue is amazing- modern industrial, great value for the price, especially due to BYOB but the communication was a real challenge and frustration throughout the wedding planning process. We would definitely recommend the venue, but beware of the challenges you may encounter.

Upstairs Atlanta 8