UpDos For I Dos Reviews

UpDos For I Dos 6
UpDos For I Dos 7
  • Ashley

Ashley · Getting married on 10/16/2020

All I want to write is I love you. Living in philly, a wedding in Annapolis was a little overwhelming. The bride found updos for I dos online, stalked their instagram, and hired them right away. I've had horrifying experiences with hair and makeup before so I was skeptical before getting my "makeover" by two stylists I've never met. I was stressed for NO REASON. Both Ashley and Caitlin were AMAZING. Not only did they do an AMAZING job (the entire bridal party mad me tear up and I'm not an emotional person), but they were super sweet and so so talented. 1000000% would recommend this company to anyone.

Sent on 11/19/2016
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Lusignea · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Quality work, professional, and fun

I'm thrilled we chose UpDos for I Dos for my bridal party hair and makeup services. After several poor hair services and cakey makeup experiences with other professionals throughout the years, some of my wedding party was hesitant to have professional services with someone they did not know personally. However, they are so glad they worked with the girls of UpDos for I Dos because they looked and felt beautiful as a result of their services. We would all work with them again in a heart beat. On top of that, they were quick to respond to my communications during the planning process, professional and on-time the day of, as well as relaxed, fun, and fit right in with my group. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 05/03/2019

Kate Guilfoyle · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Great experience from start to finish!

From start to finish, Up Do's was a dream to work with! Ashley was so extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process, always answering my questions promptly and patiently and being flexible when changes had to be made. At my trial and on the actual day, Jeimy and Jen were both so talented at their respective work, fun and warm to be around, and just a perfect fit for my mom, my bridesmaids, and me! I highly recommend Up-Dos for I Dos to anyone!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Christian-Lambert · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect natural look!

Samantha and Lori were friendly, professional, and so easy to work with! All details and expectations were clearly spelled-out ahead of time, and they finished all five wedding-day appointments (plus one last-minute add!) in plenty of time. I never wear a full face of makeup, but Samantha somehow made airbrush and lashes look completely natural on me! Lori nailed my hairstyle on the first try during my trial, and replicated it exactly for the big day. Great to find artists that accentuate your best qualities without falling into the "pancake face" trap.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Ayda Panosyan · Married on 10/26/2019

Hair and Makeup for Wedding

I can’t say enough about Up Dos for Dos!! Prompt responses to emails, made everything so easy to understand. Leandra and Erin were incredible! The hair and makeup was exactly what I wanted! Absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Christina Herndon

Chriatina · Married on 10/26/2019

Wedding Hair

We had such a great experience with UpDosForIdos! Lori was so friendly, professional, and talented! 2 weeks before my wedding I had a change of heart with how I wanted to style my hair. This was no problem for Lori and she was able to give me the exact style I wanted the morning of my wedding. My bridesmaids and I even received compliments on our hair all night. We were so happy with UpDosForIDos and would definitely recommend to any bride.

Sent on 11/11/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 8
  • Marissa

Marissa Baly · Married on 10/13/2019

10/10 recommend UpDos For I Dos!

UpDos For I Dos was fantastic for our wedding. They did my hair and makeup and my mom's and bridesmaids. The artist was so kind, efficient, professional, and we all looked like models! I totally recommend working with them, especially Ashley and Jeimy. You will feel beautiful!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Kora

Kora Sileo · Married on 10/12/2019

Maid of honor

They were excellent! I asked Amy to braid my hair into a rose and she somehow managed to do it. They were both so friendly and did such a great job with all of the bridesmaids. They were truly wonderful and I would recommend them 100%.

Sent on 10/22/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 9
  • Lauren

Lauren Goldstein · Married on 10/12/2019

Highly Recommend!

We LOVED Ariel and Leandra. They stayed right on schedule and took care of each one of my eight bridesmaids, flower girl and me! Both ladies had taken detailed notes during my hair and makeup trial which made everything so easy. Also, my makeup and hair lasted ALL night. Ahead of time, Ashley is so prompt in responding and was so kind with all of my changes. I highly recommend UpDos For I Dos for your wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Erin

Erin Gorman · Married on 10/12/2019

Professional, talented and so fun to work with!

I am so thrilled with my choice to hire the UpDos for I Dos team for my wedding last month! Ashley was a total dream to work with in the lead up and both Liseth & Heather were so sweet, talented and professional - it made the whole process and day of simply amazing! Ashley answered my endless emails rapidly and never left me wondering, and they were super flexible with some last minute changes. The trial night was so fun, the room was buzzing with future brides and both artists listened to my thoughts and pulled my vision through in a flawless way! On the big day, my bridesmaids and I were so happy with the way our hair and makeup turned out - again, incredible talent from the ladies who were with us all day! The best part was how they treated my flower girl with the full hair experience and then sitting in the chair for lipgloss and "shimmer", she had the best day of her life :) Thanks to the whole UpDos for I Dos team for a seamless process and incredible hair and beauty!!!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Curth · Married on 10/05/2019

UpDos For I Dos completed my perfect wedding look!

We were so happy with Up Dos For I Do! The girls had my mom, the bridesmaids and I looking beautiful, with long-lasting hair and makeup styles exactly to our specifications. They were also right on time, and done with a few minutes to spare, which was SO helpful for our other vendors to keep on track. I was looking for simple and timeless hair and makeup and they hit the nail on the head - I really felt beautiful on my big day.

Sent on 10/22/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 10
    UpDos For I Dos 11

Laura · Married on 10/05/2019

Never felt more gorgeous!

I cannot speak more highly of Jeimy (makeup) and Jennifer (hair)! They truly were the reason everyone felt so confident and gorgeous on our wedding day. I received hair and makeup trials before the wedding day, which was so much fun and just solidified that I had made the right choice with UpDo For I Dos. On the wedding day, they perfectly replicated my looks from the day of the trial. My grandmother, mother, mother-in-law, and bridesmaids could not have looked more beautiful. It was such an incredible feeling to feel beautiful in my own skin! They enhanced my features but still made the look natural and romantic. I will forever be grateful for UpDos For I Dos and their amazing team!

Sent on 11/04/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 16
    UpDos For I Dos 17

Colleen · Married on 09/28/2019

Timely and Talented

I found UpDos For I Do’s on Instagram after seeing their beautiful portfolio of wedding hair and makeup. Our hair and makeup artists were fantastic! After my trial, I sent feedback to the owner, who shared it with the artists, and they were open and accommodating to my requests. My hair and makeup, along with my bridesmaids’, were absolutely beautiful! I felt like the prettiest version of myself on my wedding day. They were also early and completely prepared when they arrived.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing team!!

I highly recommend UpDo's for I Do's. Ashley, the owner, was so quick to respond to my (apologetically) numerous emails regarding the details of how I wanted my hair and makeup and all of my questions. The team is extremely organized and detail-oriented. I loved my trial in their cute studio - it was such a fun process and made me feel so at ease already knowing what my hair and makeup would look like on my big day. Jess did my hair and Jeimy did my makeup and both were PHENOMENAL. We also had Jen and Jay do the hair and makeup for the rest of my bridesmaids as well and seriously everybody looked incredible. The team was on time (early!) and got through 14 people (yes I said 14) in 4.5 hours. They even had time for touch-ups at the end! I hired 4 people because my group was so large and I definitely recommend doing that if you have a large bridal party. My bridesmaids wore their hair in every which way - down, half up half down, braids of all kinds, up-dos, partly back, hollywood glam waves, and more and the team executed every hairstyle flawlessly. Everyone looked like supermodels! I also love that they take critique seriously instead of getting offended like so many other artists (i.e. if someone wants to tweak / change something a little bit they were always very accommodating and open to it). My bridesmaids also loved their honesty in letting them know which looks they though would work well for their hair given length, thickness, etc. Also everyone's makeup looked STUNNING. I highly recommend adding on lashes / airbrush!! Thank you guys so much for making everyone look like supermodels!

Sent on 10/15/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 18
    UpDos For I Dos 19
    UpDos For I Dos 20
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Loeb · Married on 09/21/2019

Great company, great do's!

I can't say enough about how great this team is! I was very indecisive of my hair and makeup and ended up doing two trials with the team, but it was totally worth it. I loved having them come to our hotel room to do all of our hair and makeup - it made the entire day feel relaxed. We ordered in and took our turns with Amy and Sam. They are hilarious and flexible with some last minute changes - which took a lot of pressure off of me. Everyone looked amazing and I felt so beautiful. One of my bridesmaids literally doesn't ever wear make up and this was her first time wearing mascara, but Sam did such an incredible job with her, she looked natural and gorgeous! We had myself, four bridesmaids, my mom and mother-in-law and it took about four hours to get all of us done.

Sent on 10/03/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 21
    UpDos For I Dos 22
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 09/21/2019

Loved our hair stylist Jess!

I was married on September 21, 2019. I booked UpDos for I Dos in October of 2018. We interacted with and used an artist from their Linthicum Heights location in MD. I followed them on Instagram and found a few hair photos I liked for inspiration. From this, I was able to tell if there was a single artist's name that was attached to a few of those hair designs. It turns out I really liked Jess's work, and she was available so they assigned her to us! Our hair trial was simple and personal, and I loved the style she created. It only took one attempt! She replicated this look beautifully on my wedding day. We also did a hair trial for my mom, who is very sensitive about how she looks, and Jess was super patient and sweet. I cannot say enough good things. On the big day, Jess was efficient but quality was not lacking. All of my girls had fun with her and loved their styles. She did 7 full hair styles and one last minute add-on in 5 hours. I communicated with Ashley when I hired this company and signed contracts. She was extremely quick to respond and simplified everything for me. You won't regret hiring UpDos for I Dos!

Sent on 10/08/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 28
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 09/21/2019

Loved my hairstyle!

Jessica B. did such an amazing job! She listened carefully and gave me exactly what I wanted. She was willing to make any changes needed to meet my exact expectations. My bridesmaids and mom all looked beautiful too and had nothing but great things to say. Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/07/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 29
    UpDos For I Dos 30
    UpDos For I Dos 31

Andrea Pacheco · Married on 09/20/2019

Very Personable

Loved Heather and Alex! They were very easy to work with, and were most concern with your needs and your style you are looking for. They gave their own professional feedback and worked with you so you have the look you were dreaming of. I'd recommend UpDos to anyone looking for an amazing makeup and hair artist on your special day or occasion!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Blake · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Talent!

The hair and makeup stylists did an AMAZING job. All my bridal party got exactly what they asked for. Stylists were also very personable, making it an easy going and fun time. I original did a trial with another studio and decided to change to Up Dos for I dos. I'm very glad I did because they came to us to do our hair and makeup and they did my hair and make up better than my trial! I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out! Not to mention, it lasted all night! Plus my flower girl loved getting her hair done and some shiny lip gloss!

Sent on 10/10/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 32
    UpDos For I Dos 33
  • User5246463 · Recently married

Beautiful Hair and Makeup, Patient and Efficient Artists

I could not have been happier with the service that we received from UpDos for I Dos. Our hair and makeup artists arrived at my parents' house and set up right on time and they were extremely efficient - they were able to get through the entire bridal party in time for the photographer to arrive and did an incredible job! Our artists were so patient with the many rowdy children around and even humored me as my cat sat in my lap for pictures while I got my makeup done.
    Everyone's hair and makeup was stunning and it lasted through a very hot and humid day. We all felt beautiful!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Kristel

Kristel Tupja · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely amazing and stress free!!

Working with UpDos for I Dos, and Leandra specifically, was just phenomenal. The company was recommended to me by my girlfriend who also used them for her wedding. Ashley Riddle was always responsive with my inquiries and notes. As for the actual day, Leandra was so patient and thorough with her work. Three of the ELEVEN (!!) women she worked with had very curly and thick hair, and she did an amazing job! As for my hair, it was everything I had imagined!

Sent on 09/12/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 34
    UpDos For I Dos 35

Lauren · Married on 08/17/2019

Dream HMU Team

Firstly, I was impressed by the quick communication I had with the company from the beginning. When planning a wedding from abroad, it gave me a sense that I could trust the company, and that was a first step in the right direction.

Secondly, the website had all of the useful and clear information about costs and services. I was glad to see the other positive testimonials as well as sample photos. Overall, I had a very positive impression about the company, just within the first few moments of checking them out.

Once I had to plan for the trial HMU session, I was greeted by friendly faces in the Fairfax centre and everything went smoothly and as planned. Leandra was helpful and flexible with me and Erin had a really lovely manner about her. Both of them impressed me with their professionalism as well as their talent.

On the day of the wedding, both arrived on time and their set up was quick. All of the girls who had services done looked beautiful and it was impressive how quickly everything was done. Leandra and Erin were professional and fun, but most importantly, they made a great effort to make sure the girls looked flawless. They also were wonderful at giving tips for some of the girls who didn't know exactly how they wanted their hair done or their make up done. I was impressed from start to finish.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Peggy

Peggy T · Married on 08/03/2019

Hit it out of the park!

The Updos girls were amazing! Recommended by friends and they were an awesome choice! From the first contact to set up hair and makeup trial for our daughter’s wedding to the wedding day, we were all so happy. The trail went well and she knew that she could trust Jessica and Leann! They listened so well and helped guide her through her look. I knew all the bridesmaids were going to be happy and excited the day of the wedding too. They were on time and so easy to work with, they made us all feel special and kept the mood of the day light and happy. When this mother of the bride was asked how she wanted to look... I said ten years younger! I think they delivered 15 :) !! We would happily recommend Updos for I do’s and we give a huge shout out to Jessica and Leann.

Sent on 01/06/2019
    UpDos For I Dos 36
    UpDos For I Dos 37

Anna G · Married on 08/03/2019

Beautiful Hair and Makeup!

Loved working with UpDos for I Dos! They were recommended to me by my photographer as being on time, efficient and doing work that lasted the whole night, and she was not wrong.
    The girls were so lovely and knowledgeable during my trial, they quickly understood what I was looking for and made the whole process relaxed and easy.
    The day of the wedding they showed up exactly on time and quickly setup everything they needed. What could have been a stressful few hours was instead a relaxed time. They were efficient and worked well together, allowing everyone to get done in a timely manner and the girls were so fun! They were quick to throw in a joke and join the conversation and it really felt like getting ready with great girlfriends. They were also able to add on my flower girl at the end and do a quick braided look and a little mascara for a very excited 7 year old.
    The makeup lasted all night for all 5 of us (a mixed range of ages and skin types) through August heat and sweat and continued to look as great at 11pm as it had at 6 when we started.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • W

William Fisher · Married on 08/01/2019

On-site is worth it

The UpDos for I Dos team was very professional and great to work with. I put off finding hair and makeup services until I was about two months out from the wedding, and they made it incredibly easy to schedule trials, complete the contract, and work with my planner to finalize logistics. Amanda (for hair) and Kate (for makeup) did a great job on everyone in the party, including both mothers and two young junior bridesmaids. Everyone was pleased with their styles and the hair and makeup lasted all day in 100+ degree heat and humidity! It was a great value for the convenience of having them come to us to get ready, and I would highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 08/26/2019