Up Your Do Reviews

188 | Jenkintown, PA

188 Reviews for Up Your Do

Helen · Married on 08/19/2017

Jill was wonderful to work with. I did not know what I wanted to with my hair, and she helped me figure it out - trying a few different things at my trial just a few days before the wedding with the perfect selection of a hair piece. I did my hair trial with her and my makeup trial with Lauren of Dylan Michael Cosmetics, and they helped make for a relaxing day the day before all of the guests started arriving. Everything also went very smoothly on the day of. I’d highly recommend Jill - she was fantastic.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Julie · Married on 08/12/2017

Jill was wonderful to work with in the planning and coordination leading up to the wedding, and JoAnn, our wedding day hair stylist, did an absolutely amazing job!! I decided that I wanted to change my hair style a bit from what we had done in the trial, and it turned out completely perfect. I felt beautiful and confident, and it lasted all day/night! Not only did I love my hair (which is not always easy for me to say), but my bridesmaids were JUST as happy with theirs. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Sue · Married on 06/24/2017

Jill is amazingly talented! She's very professional and so down to earth. We were all so happy with the way our hair turned out. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Kristin · Married on 06/10/2017

Up Your Do was an absolute pleasure to work with. Jill Kozar, the owner, was beyond responsive and helpful in both setting up a trial in coordination with my makeup artist, and with scheduling specific time slots for myself and my bridal party for the morning of. She made everything as easy as possible. Bonnie was our hair stylist and she was kind, accommodating, and so talented with the different hair types and styles requested. My bridesmaids, Mom, and I were extremely happy with our hairstyles that lasted throughout the heat of the day and dancing at night. Bonnie also did a great job in making sure that the placement of my updo was just right so that it wouldn’t be uncomfortable at the base of my neck (because that’s never fun!). She even showed my matron of honor exactly where to place my veil when the time came to put it on. I can’t thank Jill and Bonnie enough! I highly recommend Up Your Do and especially Bonnie.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Christine · Married on 06/10/2017

I initially selected Jill to do hair for my wedding based off of online reviews; however, it turned out my cousin used her for her wedding a year before mine so I got a live preview : ) Jill and her team are incredibly talented and I found her prices to be, comparatively reasonable. My girls and I all had very different style preferences and she nailed all of them (will send professional pics once received). I only had to give her a few pictures of styles that I like and she, seemingly effortlessly, gave me the exact look I was going for. On top of being talented, she was very responsive, friendly, and patient while we were going back and forth between hair and make up. The morning of, she stayed doing touch-ups until the last minute. Could recommend Jill more (along with Cindy at Dylan Michael for makeup - her salon counterpart with a separate business). Thank you for making me and my girls look/feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2017

Jill is absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough about her professionalism and abilities. I have never met a hairstylist with such a great and calming personality and such natural styling skill! She did onsite hair for all of our bridesmaids and some additional family members on the day of our wedding. She was fabulous at planning a hair schedule for the wedding day before the big event, arrived early, and easily kept to her schedule and accommodated for unexpected surprises! Every single woman looked stunning and was so happy and impressed with her work. She managed totally different hair types and dealt gracefully with ladies who didn’t know what to do with their hair the day of. Our hair lasted all day- through a windy lakeside ceremony, hundreds of hugs, and lots of dancing. We got compliments from everyone we talked to and our pictures look amazing. We even all still had amazing wavy hair the next day at brunch! We did trials before the wedding and Jill helped guide us to styles that would look fantastic and last. She really can do anything and then even tweak completed hairstyles in seconds. The hair salon is beautiful and my mom went for a pre-wedding hair cut, which was the best trim she had ever gotten! We cannot thank her enough and you’d be crazy to use anyone else.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Marielle · Married on 05/27/2017

I had a fantastic experience with up your do! Bonnie did my hair, and it turned out beautifully. It looked beautiful even after a windy ceremony and long night of dancing. I was sent pictures after my trial, communication with up your do was timely & responsive, and my large wedding party was able to get their hair done with time to spare. If anyone is debating about whether or not to get their hair done at their house (vs at a salon), I highly recommend it - especially with up your do! It made for a relaxing and fun morning with my wedding party.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Kelly · Married on 05/26/2017

Jill has an amazing ability to create the exact style you are looking for. She is so calm and fun to work with. Not only did she communicate well prior but she also takes Venmo! We had 15 girls and Jill
    Worked so quickly we finished early, leaving more time for pictures before. Every girl was so happy with Jill's work. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/13/2017

I was worrying a great deal about trying to figure out the best greatest hair style for my wedding... and even though I had no clue, Jill was like a magic 8 ball! She makes her incredible work seem effortless as she engages in fun conversation while creating a true piece of art. I loved my wedding day hair; it held throughout the whole day and I even had some adorable curls to enjoy the next days. Jill also did the hair for my two sisters and the grooms two sisters. It was easy and everyone looked outstanding! Thanks again, Jill.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Jacqui · Married on 05/06/2017

Jill Kozar of Up Your Do had been my dream wedding hairstylist for years. I had worked with her several times throughout my bridesmaid years, and each time, my hair was intricately and beautifully styled. As soon as wedding planning came to fruition, I contacted Jill, yet to my disappointment, she was already booked. After several imperfect trials, finding a hairstylist went to the wayside. An odd twist of events led to her sudden availability on my wedding day. Jill helped me choose a style that captured the look I had envisioned and she executed it skillfully. Each curl, bun, twist, and braid embodied her talent and dedication to her craft. All of our “do’s” looked AMAZING!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Jaime · Married on 05/06/2017

I had a great experience with Up Your Do. My hair stylist was Joann and she was wonderful to work with! I was so impressed how everyone’s hair came out the way they wanted it to in a very timely manner at that. Everyone looked so beautiful! She was so sweet and ready to accommodate to everyone’s needs and wants for that day. It was a pleasure working with Up Your Do and I would recommend them to anyone in need of a hair stylist!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Laura · Married on 03/11/2017

My daughter was married March 11, and the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia, and we hired Jill from Up Your Do for our hair. We had nine bridesmaids, including her sister who was Maid of honor, and parents and grandparents of the bride and groom.
    Jill is so very wonderful to work with. She listens very well to what your vision is, and works to please you, without ever losing patience. Moreover, she is a gifted stylist, and equally professional and generous in her approach and commitment to clients. She kept the timeline perfectly, and if anything, we finished earlier than we anticipated, so much of the tension of the day was diffused. Additionally, she went to another hotel to do the hair of my elderly mother, who was unable to get to our location during the day. I cannot speak highly enough in support of Jill and her team, and would highly recommend that you use her services.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 02/18/2017

I highly recommend Jill for any special event!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Samantha · Married on 01/14/2017

Love, love , love Jill! She was patient with me and I went back and forth on hair styles and I was never afraid to tell her if I didn't like something. She and Bonnie did such a great job day of and I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Jacey · Married on 12/18/2016

What a perfect vendor! Jill was so accommodating and just has such a calming energy about her that is perfect for the day of your wedding! She was able to add several women at the last minute and also stayed an hour longer than she needed to just to have time to show me how to put my veil in after I had my dress on. She also was willing to do the hair of two family members not in the bridal party at the last minute. I would choose her again in a heartbeat and am trying to get my sister to choose her for her wedding next year!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Kait · Married on 12/10/2016

Jill is the best to work with, I got lucky and she actually did hair for my brother/SIL's wedding back in May and I knew as I was getting mine done, I HAD to have her do my own wedding on 12/10. Between Jill, the value, her skills, and the fact that she travels to you to get it done, there is honestly no one better in my opinion in the area. My hair looked perfect the day of my wedding, stayed almost entirely in place until the next morning, and was everything and more than I could have asked for, my bridesmaid agreed about their own hair! Not to mention, Jill is a breeze to get along with, so friendly, works efficiently and makes the morning of getting ready for the wedding even more fun (and no complaints when we had to start by 6AM). I can't recommend Jill enough , many thanks to everything you did for me and my bridal party!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Bari · Married on 10/29/2016

Jill and her team are amazing. My sister in law had Jill and her team for her wedding a few years ago, so as soon as we started wedding planning I wanted to see if Jill and her team were available! Jill answers emails really quickly and is very flexible when my schedule changed a few times! Bonnie did my hair the day of my wedding, and she made me feel relaxed and calm. Not to mention she did my hair exactly how I wanted and all of my girlfriends looked amazing! Highly recommend!!!!!!

Sent on 04/28/2017

I had a wonderful experience with both Jill and JoAnn of Up Your Do. From start to finish I coordinated with Jill to schedule my trial and come up with a day-of timeline for hair styling for myself and 4 bridesmaids the morning of my wedding. JoAnn was the hairstylist who actually did our hair the morning of the wedding and she was phenomenal. She arrived right on time and was such a wonderfully positive and upbeat presence to have in the room as we all got ready. All of my bridesmaids were thrilled with how their hair turned out and all of our hair held up the entire day through the end of the night. I LOVED my hair...JoAnn was worth every single penny!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Jess · Married on 09/04/2016

Up Your Do! is FABULOUS. I got a chance to work with Bonnie for my 9/4 wedding at the Lake House Inn. And she absolutely exceeded my expectations! She was punctual, very professional, and a lot of fun! My hair looked absolutely incredible and stayed in the entire night without any issues. I got so many compliments on my hair and my bridesmaids hair. It was a wonderful experience, and I would recommend Jill's company and Bonnie to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/23/2016

Jill and JoAnn of Up Your Do were wonderful to work with. Jill is very responsive to emails and handled everything from signing the contract, scheduling the consult, and setting a day-of timeline in a super efficient way. We booked JoAnn to work with and she was just such a pleasure. I showed her one picture at the consultation, she worked her magic, and I loved it right away. On the day of, she arrived well ahead of time and made sure she had all her equipment out, heated up, and ready by the time the first bridesmaid was scheduled to start. After finishing everyone's hair, she went back and touched-up everyone's bobby pins, hairspray, etc. and even packed a little emergency bobby pin buddle for my maid of honor to throw in her bag in case anyone's hair started to fall. Plus, she was just so sweet and nice to hang out with in the hotel room all day. I just truly feel like both JoAnn and Jill cared about making sure everything was perfect for us and, from start to finish, they made things as easy as possible. I would highly recommend! I love working with them.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/03/2016

Jill is an exceptionally wonderful hair stylist! She did my hair for my rehearsal dinner and for my wedding, and I can't say enough wonderful things about her. Jill single-handedly did a fantastic job on me and on the16 bridesmaids, mothers, grandmothers, flower girls, and other relatives on my wedding day. She was set up and ready to go well ahead of schedule in the morning, she helped the day run smoothly, and she had everyone finished in time. Everyone loved their hair. Some of my bridesmaids were concerned about curls staying through the day, but Jill worked her magic and everyone's hair looked perfect through the day, evening, and even into the next morning! Not only is Jill extremely talented, she is sweet, patient, and easygoing. She styles hair with such ease and calm, and she helped to make the morning fun for all of us. Jill has been my go-to hair stylist for the last 15 years, so having her there on my wedding day was one of the easiest decisions I made. I could not have imagined my day without her. I cannot thank you enough, Jill, for being such a wonderful person and the best hair stylist!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Rebecca · Married on 05/28/2016

Jill was amazing! She had myself, 6 bridesmaids, my mom, and the flower girl and she stayed ahead of schedule the whole time! Even when some of the bridesmaids wanted changes to their hair, she was so accommodating and understanding, making sure the day was perfect! She was so efficient and easy to work with. She also answered my MANY concerns and questions via email the weeks before the wedding. Able to meet at her salon for a trial and she came to our bridal suite in the hotel for our wedding day. She was just wonderful! Would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/01/2016
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/28/2016

I honestly cannot thank Bonnie from “Up Your Do” enough for doing such an amazing job with the hairstyles for me and my 11 bridesmaids on my wedding (05.28.2016). Bonnie was so personable, professional, talented and helpful. She addressed any and all questions or concerns I had. She met with me for two trials because I had absolutely no idea what I wanted. She was so patient through both trials and made any adjustments requested. My hair on my wedding day was absolutely gorgeous and flawless. It was exactly what I hoped it would be and more! My bridesmaids looked absolutely gorgeous as well. Thank you for doing such an incredible job. I would highly recommend you to anyone!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Carly · Married on 05/20/2016

Where do I even begin?! Jill Kozar is hands down the most talented hair stylist I've ever worked with! She made me and my bridesmaids look absolutely stunning. When I was supposed to go in for my trial, there was a huge snow storm and I wasn't able to make it in for my appointment. Jill was so accommodating and let me rescheduled for when it worked best for me. My trial went so smoothly and I hit it off with her right away. A couple months later I saw another hair style that I loved and asked her if we could scratch the hair from the trial and do something completely different. The day of the wedding she arrived early and was ready to go when all my girls got to the hotel. She went above and beyond and made me feel like the most beautiful bride. I would 100% recommend Jill Kozar and Up Your Do to any bride! She is one of a kind and I promise you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Amelia · Married on 04/30/2016

I cannot saw enough good things about Jill! From the very beginning, she was very responsive to emails and when we met, she was so friendly and helpful! I was overwhelmed with choosing my hair style and she made the trial very enjoyable! I've never seen anyone tame my wild thick curly hair better! Also, I could've chatted with her for hours. I knew she was perfect for my wedding and she didn't disappoint! I loved my hair, better than I ever expected! I highly recommend Jill!

Sent on 05/19/2016