Up Your Do Reviews

187 | Jenkintown, PA

187 Reviews for Up Your Do

Jessie · Married on 03/30/2019

Simply the best! Couldn't recommend enough!

Bonnie and her team were absolutely amazing on our wedding day!! They were able to tackle 8 bridesmaids, a mother of the bride, a mother of the groom, and me with plenty of time to spare and time to make sure everyone was happy!! I even through Bonnie a curveball by changing my hair just the week before. She did such an amazing job and was just so wonderful with every person in my bridal party. Could not recommend Up Your Do enough!!!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/23/2019

It was perfect!!!

We hired Bonnie to do my and all my bridesmaids hair for the wedding. She was absolutely a dream to work with. She is SO talented, and LISTENED to everything my girls wanted. Not to mention, shes so fun to talk to and keeps you calm on the day of. I would recommend her over and over again. Thank you SO much Bonnie and Jill for all your hard work for my special day!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 02/02/2019

Jill is amazing!

Jill was absolutely amazing. My hair trial looked great but after reviewing the pictures it felt like the hair style I chose wasn't "me". So Jill figured out a way to fit me in for a second trial two days before my wedding! When I told her how stressed I was, she let me know that if I needed to take minute to breath on the day of she would make that happen and take me away from any drama. The hairstyle she did for me looked EXACTLY like the picture I showed her (honestly, maybe even better) and she made me feel and look like a princess. I HIGHLY recommend hiring her!!
    (attached photos by Tyler Boye)

Sent on 03/23/2019

Hallie · Married on 12/28/2018

Amazing work!

I hired Up Your Do to handle the hairstyling needs of my wedding party and the hairstyling for myself and my daughters the night of the rehearsal dinner. I had a very positive experience with Jill (owner) and really loved the work she did on both days. On rehearsal day, we went to her shop (Starlit Salon) and I was lucky enough to have Jill style my hair. I absolutely LOVED it. I have very fine/straight hair that does not hold a style easily yet Jill managed to get my hair styled in a way that held all night. I got a TON of compliments on the style that evening – including from my hairstylist whom I have used for 25+ years!!! My daughters’ styles were equally as lovely – relaxed yet done enough to look like they were ready for a special occasion. On the actual wedding day, Jill did one bridesmaid and handled three groomsmen, which included three unplanned trims/cuts. The bridesmaid’s style was simply stunning and despite several hours of extreme dancing, it held all evening. The guys faired equally - great styles that fit their faces and hair types. I must disclose that I did not use Jill to do my hair on the wedding day, but that was NOT from lack of confidence in her skills. It is clear she knows her craft and knows what tools/products to use depending upon hair type. Simply, my long-time hairstylist is a friend and was there as a guest of the wedding in addition to styling my hair. Ironically, Jill did my friend/hairstylists hair for the wedding and she raved all evening about how much she loved what Jill did. NOW that is a compliment!!! I wished I lived closer to Jill as I would seriously consider using her regularly for my styling needs. If you are looking for someone to do your wedding party, get you ready for a special night out, OR just looking for a new stylist, I would HIGHLY recommend Jill, her shop (Starlit) and her wedding styling firm (Up Your Do)

Sent on 01/09/2019

Kirsty · Married on 11/23/2018

Jill is the best!

Jill is THE BEST! I've been a bridemaid many times over and haven't had the best experiences when it comes to wedding hair, so when it came time for my own wedding, I wanted to find someone I really loved (but who was also affordable!). I used The Knot to find Jill, and took a chance with someone I had never worked with. After my trial, I knew I had made the right choice. She styled my hair exactly as I had described, and to top it off, was so nice and easy to talk to while she was doing my hair. Prior to the wedding day, she helped me plan by providing a schedule for my bridesmaids. For the day of, she arrived early and was all set up for the first bridesmaid as soon as she arrived. She was so nice and professional the entire morning, and even stayed while I finished my makeup to make sure my hair didn't get messed up in the makeup process. All my bridesmaids loved their hair and commented on how she made the morning that much more fun because she was so sweet. I would recommend any bride to use Jill and Up Your Do for your wedding day!

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 11/09/2018

Bonnie is the best!

I can not say enough about how awesome Bonnie was the day of my wedding!! She took the time on each girl and gave them exactly what they wanted. She perfected my hair and made me feel beautiful! Bonnie was so easy going, on time if not early, and just wonderful to work with. Thank you so much for helping make our day perfect!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Valentina

Valentina D. · Married on 10/21/2018

highly recommended!

Jill did a fantastic job! She worked on my hair and that of my four bridesmaids and completed our looks in less than the allotted time. We were all super-impressed by Jill's skill, creativity and professionalism. She is also a very kind and funny person and was a hoot to work with both during the hair trial and during our special day. I highly recommend this vendor's services!

Sent on 11/22/2018
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Hairstylist

Danielle did such a beautiful job with everyone's hair! My bridesmaids and flower girl were able to choose the styles that fit them best and Danielle delivered on all fronts. My hair was absolutely perfect & I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Allison · Married on 07/07/2018

Bonnie was absolutely amazing to work with and I highly recommend her! From the trial to the wedding day, Up Your Do was so responsive to my emails and working with the makeup artist (who came to their salon to do my makeup trial so I could get the full look). Bonnie did such a beautiful job on my hair, plus my bridesmaids and my mother. Our hair lasted the entire day and everyone loved their hairstyle. I highly recommend Bonnie and Up Your Do. I felt so beautiful the entire day!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Jodi · Married on 06/22/2018

I cannot say enough about how amazing and professional Jill is. On the day of the wedding she arrived early to set up and as able to style me, my five bridesmaids, and my mom within just a couple hours. Everyone loved their hairstyle, which held all night long. Jill was accommodating to helping pick the best style for everyone and making them look great. I would highly recommend Jill to anyone and will continue to use her!!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Maritsa · Married on 05/20/2018

Jill was absolutely awesome! When I've described to her what I'd like to do with my hair, she nailed it the first time! All my bridesmaids and my mom were so happy with their hair and felt absolutely beautiful. I felt amazing and confident, thanks to Jill. The beautiful work, reasonable prices and upbeat attitude made my experience with up your do simply perfect. I highly recommend Jill.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Josh · Married on 05/20/2018

(written by my wife) Jill is a magical hair unicorn. From blowouts, to updos, to extensions, to flower girl braids, she did it all for us! Not to mention fit in a last minute cousin. She created absolutely gorgeous updos that photographed beautifully and lasted all day. She is literally the BEST.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Siobhan · Married on 05/19/2018

Jill was absolutely amazing! She did the hair for myself (bride) and my entire bridal party (8) plus some family members. Everyone LOVED their hair. She is so calm, cool and collected. She does hair with ease, all the girls showed her a picture of what they wanted and they were ecstatic when their hair turned out just like the picture if not better! She even finished the entire party’s hair earlier than expected. She’s JUST that good. I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Kathleen · Married on 04/28/2018

Jill and the Up Your Do team are amazing. I have worked with Jill for years now and she has done my hair for various other events, so it was an easy choice to enlist her help for the wedding. She is flexible, responsive, fun, kind, and last, but not least, incredibly talented! She will work with you to make sure your hair is exactly as you want it and that it will last for the whole day! She is also great at helping you pick a style if you don't have an exact idea in mind. It was a wonderful experience working with Jill and I was thrilled with my hair!

Sent on 05/07/2018
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 04/28/2018

Bonnie was GREAT to work with! From the trial to the day of my wedding, she listened to exactly what I wanted, adjusted accordingly and I LOVED how my hair looked! All of my bridesmaids were also thrilled with their hair! Would recommend Bonnie 10 times out of 10!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Ashley · Married on 12/01/2017

Jill is the absolute best! She was recommended to me by my photographer, and after looking through a few photos, I immediately knew she was the one. Hair is so important on your wedding day, and there is really something to be said about being confident that you have the best stylist for your big day—I knew from day one that I had that stylist! She is nothing short of phenomenal at what she does and I felt more beautiful than I ever have on my wedding day, thanks to her! Jill made the entire process seamless from start to finish. She was always very responsive and was happy to answer any questions I had as they arose. The trial was perfect as she carefully listened to what I wanted and encouraged me tell her what I liked/did not like. She is incredibly patient and willing to keep working until she gives you exactly what you want. On the day of the wedding, I decided that I wanted to go with a more classic updo than what I had originally asked for at my trial. Jill did not miss a beat. She was able to envision the new look I wanted and she executed it perfectly! She also did the updo’s for 7 of my bridesmaids and every single one of them was in love with their hair that day. I truly appreciated how she came early and was so flexible and easy-going while working with my makeup artist to keep everyone on a schedule. Her calm presence is a big plus when your nerves are going full speed on the morning of your wedding! Hire Jill. She is a true professional and will give you the hair you have always dreamt of. I am still blown away by how amazing she is and how beautiful she made everyone look that day. I would recommend her to everyone needing any type of hair service. I am excited to get to work with her again as one of my bridesmaids was so in love, she hired her on the spot for her wedding! Thank you for making my day so special, Jill!

Sent on 02/16/2018

Natalie · Married on 11/05/2017

Jill was absolutely phenomenal!  I cannot say it enough,  I went in after having multiple trials that left me in tears thinking nobody would be able to style my hair (curly and thick) how I wanted and have it last. Turns out I just hadn't found the one and Jill was it!  She styled my hair better than I ever imagined and I wasn't even 100% sure what I wanted done.   I just knew a general overview, half up and curled.   I booked two trials to get it absolutely perfect,  and my headpiece made it so much more wonderful!  Jill is simply the best!  My Maid of Honor and mom both came with me for the trial and my maid of honor booked her for her wedding on the spot. Our weddings were just one week apart and everyone raved about our hair and all of the wedding parties hair at both weddings!  JILL, YOU ARE THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST!! Believe me you do not need to look any further, I had a big wedding party (12 people total getting hair and Jill did it all on her own because I had a budget and she did it flawlessly!  I recommend her to all every bride to be!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Kelly · Married on 11/04/2017

I recently had Michele do my hair for my wedding. I couldn’t have asked for a better stylist. During the whole process, Michele was great with communication. She was on time and always very professional. She made my day extra specia and definitely made me feel like a one of a kind bride. I received so many compliments on my hair. I would recommend her to any one who is looking for an awesome hairstylist for their wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2018
  • Maxwell House Mrs.

Christina · Married on 10/27/2017

Jill was simply a wonderful addition to my wedding vendors. Don't be fooled by her beauty and youth, Jill is an amazingly talented and experienced hair stylist. She made my bridesmaids, my mom, my flower girls, and, most importantly, me, look absolutely gorgeous for my wedding. My hair was perhaps the thing that I was most pleased with on my wedding day (even more so than my exquisite custom made dress). Looking at the photos from the wedding, my husband stopped counting the number of times I said, "oh my god, my hair looks so good!" She was equally talented and creative with my bridesmaids and my flower girls' hair.

Jill was so enjoyable to work with. She was incredibly sweet, thorough, and funny. She kept me calm when I started getting jittery and kept the mood light and fun during the whole preparation stage. In fact, she did such a stellar job that my day of wedding coordinator actually requested her contact information after the wedding was over so that she could include her as one of her valued vendors. In other words, I highly recommend Jill and think she would make a substantially beautiful impact on your wedding day!

Sent on 06/27/2009

Maja · Married on 10/21/2017

I had the pleasure of having Bonnie of Up Your Do as my wedding-day stylist and I also worked with Jill who is the owner to coordinate everything. Jill was very friendly and helpful in making sure that I had a plan that worked for me. We had a very early start-5am to be exact for our morning wedding and Jill and Bonnie made it work! Bonnie was punctual and showed up looking fabulous and being in a cheerful mood-at 5am! And she stayed fabulous and cheerful throughout the morning while making me, my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law look fabulous. Bonnie was incredibly helpful at my trial and helped me pick the perfect hairstyle and head piece for my dress and personal style. She is friendly and professional and a good listener. She is able to give advice and also listens to what you want and she will not stop until you look perfect! Up Your Do was wonderful to work with and they took soo much pressure off of me. I also find the pricing to be quite reasonable compared to many other on-site hair styling businesses. I should also mention that I have a lot of hair and it is quite thick and does not hold curl easily. My hair held the curls from 5am through the entire day and into the next. I highly recommend working with Up Your Do for all of your special event needs-they are awesome!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

100% recommend!

Jill did my hair and hair for all of my bridesmaids for our wedding. At my trial, Jill completely understood what I was envisioning and got it right on the first try. My day of hair looked just like my trial hair and didn’t move one bit all day. Besides everyone’s hair turning out perfectly, Jill was a pleasure to work with. Due to COVID we had to change the location of our wedding fairly last minute and Jill was totally flexible. Our schedule got a little out of sync the day of for various reasons and Jill didn’t sweat it at all and still got us all done on time. So glad to have found Jill and Up Your Do. I would 100% recommend!!

Sent on 11/10/2020

Molly · Married on 09/15/2017

Jill was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. When I went in for my trial, I showed her a few pictures and she knew exactly what to do right away! On the day of my wedding, I was not feeling well at all and she made for such a comfortable, easy going environment. She was so calm and really worked well with the makeup artist. Everyone was so pleased with their hair and I loved mine! Jill was very professional and always answered all of my emails right away! I wish she lived closer because I would definitely go to her for any occasion! Highly recommended! Jill is not only extremely talented, but also so sweet and wonderful to work with. Thanks again Jill!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

I had a great experience working with Jill and Bonnie. A few weeks before the wedding there was a schedule conflict on their behalf and they made arrangements to reschedule my trial despite my limited availability. I provided Bonnie with photos of what I had in mind and she delivered exactly what I was looking for. She was the sole stylist for a party of 9 ladies, Bonnie worked efficiently and everyone looked wonderful! I definitely recommend Up Your Do and going with Dylan Michael Cosmetics for make up. Both businesses share a salon and it made coordinating the schedule and services very convenient, especially since I was arranging everything from out of state.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Allison · Married on 08/19/2017

Up Your Do could not have been a better choice for hair for me and all my ladies! We had a large group of 12 for hair and Jill initially handled all logistics and coordinated to have JoAnne and Megan for our day. JoAnne and Megan were so fantastic, and everyone looked stunning. JoAnne handled my hair and half of our squad and let me just say, she is so much more than amazing hair! First, my hair ended up being exactly what I wanted so you can't ask for more than that. But she also is such a great person that you will want her there with you on your big day! You are bound to have many emotions that day and for me she kept me cool, calm, collected, and with perfect hair :). Thank you so much ladies! Up Your Do is the real deal!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Helen · Married on 08/19/2017

Jill was wonderful to work with. I did not know what I wanted to with my hair, and she helped me figure it out - trying a few different things at my trial just a few days before the wedding with the perfect selection of a hair piece. I did my hair trial with her and my makeup trial with Lauren of Dylan Michael Cosmetics, and they helped make for a relaxing day the day before all of the guests started arriving. Everything also went very smoothly on the day of. I’d highly recommend Jill - she was fantastic.

Sent on 02/18/2018