Up Do Specialist Reviews

76 | Ashburn, VA

76 Reviews for Up Do Specialist

Jennae Duarte 路 Married on 09/22/2019

Devin is extremely talented and an absolute joy to work with.

Devin is absolutely wonderful. From the moment I contacted her on Wedding Wire she responded within the hour. She did a fantastic job on my daughters and my hair during the trial. The day of my wedding, it extremely hot and did the most beautiful updo ever. She is so talented and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Up Do Specialist's reply:

Thank you so much Jennae! Yes it was very hot on your wedding day!! I鈥檓 so glad we went with an updo on your hair you looked Stunning馃ぉ

Lindsi 路 Married on 09/21/2019

Skilled, efficient and responsive

Devon executed perfectly what I asked for on my wedding day - an effortless-looking style that stayed looking beautiful allllllll day. She also did a GREAT job with my naturally curly haired bridesmaid who looked stunning with a little enhancement to her natural curls. We were all excited to look like more refined versions of ourselves. They were also super efficient the day of. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Up Do Specialist's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsi! You looked absolutely stunning as did your bridal party! Thank you for having my assistant and me a part of your special day XO

Maryam Parsa 路 Married on 09/21/2019

The Best Hairstylist I have ever seen in my life

I had the pleasure to work with Ms. Devon on my wedding day which was September 21st, 2019.
    Finding a great hairstylist who knows different types of hair is very hard now a days. I was very lucky to get to know and work with Ms. Devon. She is professional, has great techniques. She styled my hair, my mom's hair and my bridesmaids's hair and everyone loved their hair . I have thin hair and she made my hair look full and beautiful without using any extension on my wedding day. My hair lasted all night even though I danced and moved a lot. In addition; she is an amazing and kind person. Me my mom and bridesmaids are very thankful for her beautiful work.
    Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Roxanna

Mrs. 路 Married on 09/14/2019

Mrs. Roxanna

Devon is amazing! She鈥檚 the freakin the best!!! From beginning to end, everything was done with perfection, professionalism & with the best care. I am soooo happy I found her on Instagram & chose her for my wedding day! I did my trial appt on the same day I was having my engagement photos & my hair looked beautiful. Then came my wedding day, I had all my girls & my mom get their hair done by Devon as well... oh my god... they all looked so beautiful!!!! I mean just look at her work on Instagram, it speaks for itself & even more when it comes to you & your special day. And when it came time to do my hair on my wedding day, I was blown away by how amazing my hair looked... as I look back at all my wedding pictures... I鈥檓 just so happy that I had Devon do my hair. She鈥檚 just sooo good! I鈥檓 gonna have her do my hair for future events & already told all my friends & family about her! I wish she could do my hair everyday :) Also, she finished early with all the girls & and me & was so kind & stayed a little longer for my photog to capture her skills in action. Thanks Devon!!! You鈥檙e the best!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Up Do Specialist's reply:

Thank you sooo much Roxanna! It was a pleasure styling all of you! You looked absolutely stunning 馃槝馃槝

Mary Ann 路 Married on 06/29/2019

Devon is the very best!

I found Devon with tons of searching online. I had a hard time finding fantastic updos on all the knot and wedding wire websites until I found her! She listens to exactly what you wanted and can look at a picture she鈥檚 never seen before and recreate the hairstyle. Every piece of my updo was in place the entire day! It was flawless. Our day was long starting hair at 6:30 am and ending at 11:00 pm! My sister kept commenting how her hair always falls out and stayed in the entire time! My bridesmaids, matron of honor, and mom all loved their hair. They kept talking about how fantastic she was. She brought an assistant for a reasonable fee and she was fantastic as well ! Thank you for making us feel absolutely beautiful on my special day !

Sent on 08/06/2019

Up Do Specialist's reply:

Thank you so much Mary Ann!! It was such a pleasure styling you and your bridal party! You look so stunning! I wish you many many years of love and joy on your new chapter of life XO!!
  • Rachel

Rachel 路 Married on 10/06/2018

Exceeded all expectations!!

Devon was amazing! She is extremely talented, dedicated, flexible, friendly, and fun. She worked with me to find a style I loved most for my wedding day, and did a great job on hair for my entire bridal party!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Kate 路 Married on 06/15/2018

Amazing hair!

DEVON IS AMAZING! I am so glad that I got to work with her!

I had planned to get my hair and makeup done through a service called Veluxe and I changed my mind at the last minute - about a month before the big day. I inquired with a few hair stylists who were not available for my wedding and when they weren't available, I asked for recommendations...This led me to Up Do Specialist and I am so so happy it did! She was so kind and responsive! I went out to her house for a trial about 2 weeks ahead of the wedding. I showed her just a few pictures and let her work her magic! We tried two different styles - an up do and half up/half down. She took several photos at all different types of angles and sent them to me to review and then decide before the big day. The morning of, she came to my hotel suite, set up and got to work! She did my hair, my mom's hair, and a few of my bridesmaids - everyone looked SO beautiful!

I absolutely loved how flexible she was and how she made me feel calm! Even when I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, I could trust her to make sure I looked great!

I ended up going with an updo, and it was so great - kept me cool since it was summer and stayed all night long!

HIGHLY recommend working with her!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Alexis 路 Married on 05/11/2018

There are not enough words to say how grateful I am for Devon and her talent!!! She styled my hair last October for my best friends wedding when I was a bridesmaid so I knew I wanted her to do my hair for my wedding and she made it absolutely PERFECT!!!! <3. I got so many compliments and I loved her work so much!!!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Brooke 路 Married on 11/04/2017

Devon is amazing! She is so friendly and fun to be around, and did a great job on my hair and all of my bridesmaids. Our hair all looked beautiful and natural (not overhair sprayed!) and still looked good at the end of the night. You need to book Devon for your wedding/engagement pics!!

Kim 路 Married on 09/30/2017

I had hired Devon with Up Do Specialist to do hair for me, my bridesmaids and the moms on my wedding day and she was hands down the best choice I could have made. You can literally show her any picture of a hair style and your hair will look exactly like what you had asked for when she is done with you. My hair is thin and straight and doesn't hold curls for long periods of time (of course I wanted curls on the day of my wedding and with my dress I wanted somewhat of an up-do). I had a feeling my hair would fall out throughout the night but it didn't! It was still curly and in the same place as when Devon left me earlier that day. I couldn't believe it!!!!

Devon was so friendly and easy to talk through ideas and looks. All of my girls felt the same way and were thrilled with how their hair turned out. Devon was very responsive when I had questions and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process. You will not be disappointed if you hire Devon for your wedding; she is the absolute best!!

Katie 路 Married on 09/23/2017

I was referred to Devon, The Up Do Specialist, by another hairstylist, and I am SO glad I had the chance to work with her for my recent wedding.

Not only was she prompt, professional, and helpful during the planning process, she also took the time to review hairstyles I sent her, suggested products I could use to help achieve the look I wanted, and was flexible the day-of in accommodating an extra updo for a bridesmaid on-the-fly.

Her talent and experience really speaks for itself though her work.
    Her creations are absolutely stunning in pictures and even more so in person.
    Each style she crafted for myself, my bridesmaids, my mom, etc. was so unique (we had everything from half-up and curled, to fishtail braids, to full-glam updos), which helped make every one of us feel confident and beautiful.

I cannot thank her enough for being a party of our big day and would highly recommend her to any future bride!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Molly 路 Married on 08/05/2017

Devon was fantastic to work with for my wedding. I absolutely loved my hair and so did ALL of my bridesmaids, which is rare. Everyone couldn't stop talking about how beautiful they felt. She listened to each person's requests and made suggestions that worked out perfectly. Devon was professional and fun to work with and she finished all 8 of my maids, me and my mother and mother-in-law EARLY. She also stayed later than expected because there was an issue with my flower crown. She waited for the florist to come back and fix it so she could make sure that she could place it for me. Even afterI told her she didn't have to. She went above and beyond and I couldn't have been happier or felt more beautiful. Definitely book her asap!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Jennifer 路 Married on 06/03/2017

I highly recommend Devon and her work speaks for itself. I comissioned Devon for my wedding and I absolutely loved how my hair and my bridesmaids hair turned out. I recently had my hair cut and I'm very picky about my long hair and it now looks so much healthier and I couldn't be happier. So much that I now have my mom going to her. Devon is the best!

Sara 路 Married on 11/12/2016

Devon was recommended to me after a friend of mine's hairstylist recommended her. BEST DECISION EVER! Devon is hands down the best in the area and do anything you imagine! I set up my trial with her and after sending some pinterest pictures she got the look I wanted in 1 try! She and an assistant did 10 women in about 3 hours. She was on time and even gave us some extra bobby pins and hairspray for the night. Devon has become my regular hairstylist and is just an amazing person all around. I only trusted her to put in my veil on my wedding day and asked if she would stay to do it which meant so much to me =). If you are looking for wedding day or special occasion you must book with Devon! Can't recommend her enough! Also follow her IG to see her latest work!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Jessica 路 Married on 10/15/2016

Devon is dream to work with. Very professional and punctual. She worked with many different hair types to create beautiful looks for everyone in my bridal party. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Thank you Jessica!
    It was such an honor styling you and your bridal party! Congratulations on your new wonderful chapter of life :)

Maria 路 Married on 08/20/2016

Very professional, attentive, and talented!! We all loved her!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Thank you Maria!

Truly a pleasure working with you!

Ally 路 Married on 05/29/2016

I absolutely LOVE Devon. She did an AMAZING job for my wedding a couple of weeks ago, and I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone! I was initially referred to Devon by other vendors, and I had my trial 6 months before my wedding. I told her what I wanted and showed her some pictures, and on the first try my hair looked perfect - exactly what I was looking for. We kept in touch leading up to my wedding day, and we created a hair schedule for me, my 10 bridesmaids, and mothers. On the day of, she arrived super early, and she was on-schedule through all of the girls that needed their hair done. She had kept pictures of my hair from the trial and remembered exactly what I wanted. My hair, all of the bridesmaids' hair, and the moms looked beautiful, and I was so beyond happy with the outcome. Overall, the whole process, from start to finish, went so smoothly, and Devon is super sweet, responsive, and incredibly talented. Her prices are very fair as well! Definitely use her!!!!!!! I will be recommending her to everyone.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Thank you Ally!
    Such a pleasure working with you and your bridal party! You were a stunning bride and beautiful inside and out :)

Lindsay 路 Married on 04/09/2016

I was lucky enough to work with Devon Baltimore for my wedding day hair look (April 2016). I'd met her previously while a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding and loved the natural, soft feel of her work. Everyone truly looked like the best versions of themselves that day with classic, polished looks. Going into my own wedding, I knew I had to entrust my hair with Devon. I absolutely hate pictures of myself, so when it came to my hair and make-up, so I knew I was going to be picky and very much so a high maintenance bride.

Devon was extremely patient with me. She listened to what I thought I wanted and didn't make me feel bad when I completely changed my mind. Because I did change direction, I ended up having a second trial to make sure I felt great about my wedding day look. Devon was happy to accommodate and it put my mind at ease knowing I was going to love the end product. One less thing to worry about among a sea of wedding details!

Day-of, Devon and her assistance traveled from VA to Annapolis, MD arriving by 6:30am to get through 12 looks before noon. Everything went right on schedule with plenty of time for touch ups before we had to to take off for the ceremony. The ladies looked lovely; I could not have been more happy with the results.

I highly recommend Devon to any bride who wants to work with someone whose dedicated to making their clients happy, who is reliable, and whose also fun to be around. Thank you for helping make my big day relaxed and beautiful!!

Sent on 01/16/2017
  • User4154799 路 2+ years ago

Devon did my hair and my bridesmaids hair for my wedding and did an incredible job. Each person wanted something different and complicated and she executed perfectly. She truly has a gift. She is also such a warm person who kept me at ease on my wedding day which was so comforting. I absolutely loved her.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Kirby 路 Married on 06/20/2015

Devon is AMAZING! She did a fantastic job on my hair and all of my bridesmaids hair!! I absolutely LOVE her and she is seriously the sweetest person ever too!

Sent on 10/01/2015
  • User5645566 路 2+ years ago

Not only did Devon create beautiful hair styles for me and my bridesmaids, she was also an incredibly calming and lovely presence to be around on my day! She was great, and incredibly skilled, and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Regina 路 Married on 11/15/2014

I cannot express enough how much I loved working with Devon for my wedding. I searched for a very long time for a stylist that I felt understood the look I was going for and that didn't force me to do something with my hair that wasn't "me." I had never worn my hair up before, and when I went to her for my trial, Devon really listened to me. She effortlessly and skillfully created such a beautiful, simple, and classic look and I still felt like myself. I was immediately relieved and excited and I knew I was in good hands. On the wedding day, it was so much fun having her in the suite with me and my girls. Every single one of my bridesmaids looked stunning and Devon was so great with my mom who can be rather difficult. She's so, so talented, and she's professional and fun to work with. She made an important part of the day stress-free and she accomplished the looks we were all going for flawlessly.

Sent on 12/09/2014

brooke 路 Married on 10/18/2014

Truly, truly gifted. I took out both updos right before the junior and senior prom, and was very nervous for finding someone who could do exactly what I was looking for, for my wedding. The trial put me so at ease, Devon did 2 looks - both incredible. When I chose the look I wanted but wanted one change and was willing to come and pay for a 2nd trial but wasn't sure if it would be necessary, Devon assured me it was minor enough that I wouldn't need to. She was right, day of my hair was EXACTLY what I wanted. My 4 bridesmaids and mother and mother-in-law all LOVED their hair. We got married on a day with 20 mile an hour winds - and we took pictures on the National Mall! Our hair stayed perfectly - Devon is a pleasure. She is intuitive, she listens, she works quickly and she is incredibly good at what she does.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Katie 路 Married on 08/31/2014

DEVON IS AMAZING! SHE WAS EARLY FOR THE TRIAL AS WELL AS FOR THE DAY OF MY WEDDING. SHE COMPLETED 6 BRIDESMAIDS, 1 BRIDE, 1 MOTHER OF THE BRIDE, AND 2 FLOWER GIRLS IN JUST A FEW HOURS. SHE WAS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE THE WHOLE TIME. DEVON WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS, BUT SHE DID SOMETHING SPECIAL AND REALLY TOOK CARE OF MY MOM. MY MOM HAS CANCER AND IS DOING CHEMO AND WAS REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT HER HAIR AND GETTING AN UPDO. I INFORMED DEVON OF EVERYTHING AND SHE MADE SURE THAT MY MOMS HAIR WAS AMAZING AND MADE MY MOM FEEL AND LOOK BEAUTIFUL! DEVON HAS AMAZING TALENTS. DEVON COMPLETED 10 DIFFERENT UPDOS AND EVERY SINGLE ONE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL. I HAVE ALREADY HAD OTHER FRIENDS THAT ARE GETTING MARRIED ASK FOR HER NUMBER!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Brittany 路 Married on 08/16/2014

I am beyond happy with Devon and her help with my wedding. She did my hair along with two moms and 4 bridesmaids and was wonderful to work with. She is responsive and flexible to almost any need. I am very grateful to have had her as a part of my wedding day. She listened to what each girl wanted and worked with all of us to make sure we were happy with the end result. I would definitely reccomend Devon for all special events! Thank you so much Devon!

Sent on 08/19/2014