Unveiled Wedding Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Bryant
    Bryant S. Married on 10/10/2020

Look no further!

Selecting Unveiled Wedding Photography has been the second best decision ever (best decision was getting married). We had Paul and Val handle the photography, and Mark helped coordinate the timeline as well the business side of everything else. The final product has been beyond expectations, and we felt that this has been worth every penny. Paul and Val worked very hard to capture our precious moments, and we are thankful with the editing and post production of the pictures. Paul took initiative and was very calculated in respect to time and position of all photos. His vision and professionalism in being a photographer is a gift, and I am more than glad to be able to share the blessings we had with his work and Val's. Please look no further and look at the accolades of Unveiled Wedding Photography...each award is more than well deserved. TOP NOTCH!
    Genela Married on 09/12/2020

Can't stop looking at these photos!

We are so happy with our engagement photos!
    Upon our initial contact up until the end of the shoot, Mark was very responsive and very flexible. We wanted pictures on the beach and he was very knowledgeable about timing of the sunset and the tides. We added another challenge to the shoot- our large and energetic one year old puppy, and Mark was very patient and skillfully included him in our shots. We received our photos shortly after and I couldn't stop looking at them! The sunset photos were incredible and I love all of the candid shots that he took. The emotion he capture in the photos was irreplaceable.
    Mark, thank you so much! We are so happy to have these memories and so happy we were able to include our big furry baby :o)

Unveiled Wedding Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you love the photos! Thanks so much for taking the time and for the very kind words Genela!
  • Ashley
    Ashley M. Married on 02/15/2020

Breath Talking and Easy

Such an easy and amazing experience. Made the shoot flawless and the time flew by. We were very pleased from start to finish and the photos turned out phenomenal.
  • Shannon
    Shannon P. Married on 08/17/2019

Highly Recommend Unveiled Wedding Photography

We chose Unveiled for our 8/17/19 wedding and we are so glad we did! Mark was amazing to work with from the first time we inquired with him all the way through delivery of our wedding images. He was incredibly thorough and patient during our consultation as well as during our planning call. Mark’s expertise in laying out our wedding day schedule made our day so easy and seamless. He also recommended some great locations we ended up using for our first look. He was communicative before and after the wedding and a pleasure to work with the day of. We couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos. Mark and his assistant captured the candid moments we were looking for as well as all of the beautiful portraits. Thank you, Mark & team!! -Shannon & Joel
  • Melissa
    Melissa M. Married on 06/09/2019

High quality is service and photos

Working with Mark and Unveiled for our wedding was literally the best decision we made when planning. Our original photographers fell through, and we reached out to Mark in the hopes he could salvage the day. What he ended up doing was so far and beyond that, I honestly can't thank or recommend him enough.

From the get go, he was incredibly responsive. Every time we emailed him, he responded within about a day. The amount of experience he has is apparent in the work he does. He basically helped lay out the day of timeline, set and posed every scene, and made us feel incredibly comfortable. We literally met him the day of our wedding (again, it was a very last minute fill in) and immediately felt comfortable around him. Him and his team captured literally hundreds of shots, all of which are fantastic. Our venue itself was a difficult shoot with the lighting, and they totally nailed it. They brought all the necessary equipment and set up/torn down ASAP so every shot could be captured appropriately. All our guests commented on how on top of it Mark was. In various moments he would shoot us, and whip around to get our guests' reactions all within a couple of seconds.

Mark promised and delivered excellent quality work, and was respectful during the whole process. HIGHLY recommend!!!
  • Kellie
    Kellie Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful Photography and A Pleasure to Work With

You should book Unveiled Wedding Photography for your wedding photos! We absolutely loved our wedding photos. Mark and his team were able to capture all the special moments of our wedding. We were elated to see that our beach sunset photos turned out so spectacularly and Mark's truly gifted at capturing the emotions in his photography. We cannot be happier that we chose Unveiled Wedding Photography to capture our special day.
    Mel Married on 11/18/2018

Mark is the best photographer! Hire him.

Mark is the best photographer, ever! Our engagement photo session and wedding photo experience were perfect. He is good at communication. He answered all the questions we had. He is really responsive. He replies emails very fast and list everything clearly in emails. He is always on time. He would do what he promised. He is really reliable. We were impressed by his professional skills, easy-going personality, humor, dedication AND his way of using natural light in photos. We love all the photos he provided. Plus, he is very humorous. He knows how to make us laugh or smile when taking photos. We are really glad that we chose him as our photographer. We would hire him again and again for future anniversaries and events:)
  • F
    Fan Married on 05/12/2018
    We had Mark and Ryan to shoot our wedding and they were awesome! First of all, unveiled photography has the best indoor and outdoor phots. I browsed pages after pages of galleries on Yelp and Google. Unveiled had the best balance of light, shadow, and color for indoors, while the outdoors are always excellent.
    Mark is also fantastic at capturing different angles and moments, including the wonderful laughing moments of my mom who refuses to smile in front of a camera. I knew that unveiled is the wedding photography I wanted to go with before I knew anything else about my wedding. Second of all, Mark does an absolutely detailed and perfect time analysis. I never thought of how important it is. But the time line actually eventually became the most essential thing in my while wedding. It's not just about the sunset and lighting, most importantly it controlled everyone's stress. We had plenty time for photo shoot, hang out with guests, eat and play. I was so happy to find unveiled and got to work with Mark and his team! I can't say enough of good things :)
  • Lori
    Lori Married on 03/03/2018
    Unveiled Wedding Photography
    This is the Photographer you are looking for!
    I contacted several photographers, and after letting them know I had a budget and it was going to be a Star Wars wedding... most seemed to be ‘ok’ with the idea of a Star Wars wedding, but not willing to work with me on my budget. Mark took the time to talk to me, he explained what he could do -which was nice after hearing what all the others couldn’t do. He said he had just the guy to shoot my wedding, Paul. Mark and I had several conversations, he is extremely knowledgeable about the flow/timeline of a wedding. We agreed on a price, and he sent out the contract and asked for me to come up with a photo list-all the pics you want to make sure they get. Mine was REALLY long, he was extremely patient and professional and we worked on getting it down to something they could actual manage in the time they had. Cut to the day of the wedding, all that detail and planning flew out of my head, but Paul and his asst Ghia took over! Ghia was reassuring and calming, AND was able to make sure we were getting in all those pics I wanted. And then there’s Paul, wow! First of all, he is professional, kind, and has a really great eye! If he asks for your shoes, your bouquet or your rings... just hand them over!!! He took the most amazing pics and really captured the love and joy of the day!! Ghia, Paul and Mark were the photographers I was looking for!! I highly recommend them!!

Unveiled Wedding Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your review Lori! Paul and Ghia had great things to say about the day and they said the food was fantastic as well! I’ll make sure to pass along your kind words to them. Your crowd was so much fun, and I’m so glad that I got the chance to come and shoot with Paul towards the end of the night as well! Thanks again!
    Mark
    Aubrey Married on 02/17/2018
    Mark was so thorough, professional, and detail oriented it really made our wedding go smoothly! I truly enjoyed working with him. He was always very responsive and helpful through email and phone calls and totally put us at ease with any questions we had. On the day of, he was on time and completely prepared. I really appreciated that he was able to give direction and get the pictures we wanted within the time frame we had. At the ceremony I didn't even notice him, but wherever he was he was able to get some AMAZING photos!! I highly recommend Mark and Unveiled Photography.
    Alissa Married on 01/20/2018
    It was so hard to choose a photographer. When I met Mark I knew he was the one that I wanted for my big day. He took the time to meet with me in person to go over all my questions that I had. He was so knowledgeable and he is dedicated to making your pictures look absolutely amazing! My pictures turned out amazing! He is affordable as well!! He even does a timeline for your big day, so everything can run smoothly without having any stress!! I would highly recommend unveiled photography for your wedding day. You will regret it if you don't go with them!
    Celia Married on 07/08/2017
    If you are considering Unveiled Wedding Photography let me completely make up your mind with this review! We got married in July, downtown San Diego. I am a very detailed orientated, planned and my husband would probably say a ‘neurotic’ person and (obviously) this was heightened to an extreme level during the wedding planning process.
    When I first met with Mark Hillis (one of my three options for photographers initially) I was blown away by how detailed, specific and thoughtful he was in our meeting even though he hadn’t got the job. He offered me his professional advice about whether to do the first look which I appreciated (again because I hadn’t even decided to go with him yet).
    Once he did become our wedding photographer he was always extremely responsive to my questions throughout the planning process. On our actual wedding day – Mark was next level.
    My husband nicknamed him ‘the animal’ on our wedding day because he literally would do the splits or get into what looked like a very uncomfortable position to get the perfect shot of us or our wedding party. He was outstanding. He made everyone feel at ease and the lengthy process of saying ‘cheese’ not as tiresome. 
    I have never been married before so I don’t have another photographer to compare his day of performance too, however, he was so on time, so professional and so respectful with all the bridal party and family members. Mark and his team were never ‘in the way’ and made sure that we got every shot we had requested!!! They. Did. Not. Miss. A. Beat.
    And I haven’t even spoken about the quality of the actual photos he took. Holy moly I was blown away! My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding photos. The lighting, the attention to detail and the ability to bring out the magic of the people, venue and event on that special day is seriously such an amazing skill that Mark possesses.
    If you are considering Unveiled Wedding Photography please go with them!!!!
    Chelsea Married on 12/30/2016
    Mark and the team at Unveiled were absolutely incredible!! From the start we were one hundred percent confident in Mark due to his professionalism, honesty, and amazing portfolio. The last few days before our wedding we were forced to come up with a rain plan and Mark was great at coming up with alternate locations and laying out all the potential options. Fortunately, the rain cleared and we didn't need the back-up plan but I was completely confident with Mark and his team. Most importantly, the photos are AMAZING!!! We received the photos much, much faster than expected after the wedding and we couldn't be happier with the quality of Mark's work. We took first look, bridal party, and immediate family photos in a hotel garden and Mark was able to make it seem like we were in a secluded tropical paradise! No buildings were visible and his ability to create the perfect lighting is unsurpassed. The photos from the ceremony and reception truly capture the essence of our wedding and allowed me to completely relive the day. If you value photography at all, you just must choose Mark and Unveiled Wedding Photography!! His photos are keepsakes and you will not be disappointed. Photography was our top priority for our big day (besides actually getting married!) and Unveiled was absolutely the best choice!
    Nicolette Married on 12/03/2016
    You won't be disappointed. Mark is great and very very easy to work with. In his past he has done food photography and jewelry photography - these are both part of your wedding anyway so all components of your wedding pictures will be stunning. Regarding payment, we also liked that you pay in 3 installments rather than 2 - helps your situation immensely when all payments for other vendors bunch up together.

Unveiled is an easy hire!
    Jaclyn Married on 11/10/2016
    I was told so many times how important the photographer was and so I was set on finding a true professional. That is exactly what I found with Mark and Unveiled Wedding Photography. He was amazing, available, professional, and the photos are SO good! I cannot thank him enough!
    Ashley Married on 06/25/2016
    I am a BIG picture person. Choosing a wedding photographer was a big vendor choice for me! I read Mark's impeccable reviews/awards online and looked at his work. After meeting with him, my husband and I chose Mark for our wedding photography. This was the best decision we could have made! Mark shot our engagement pictures and immediately made us feel comfortable. We loved our pictures too! He was always available through email/phone anytime we needed to chat with Mark. He is very flexible, professional and truly is an expert at what he does. He helped us create a timeline for our wedding day and his expertise was much appreciated. On our wedding day, not only do you get Mark, but his wife as well. She is a gem! She has an eye out for the little details that make a picture spectacular. They are a fabulous duo. Mark did all of the shots we wanted for our wedding, and he does very creative/unique shots as well. He made sure we stuck to our timeline and always made us feel relaxed and comfortable on our wedding day. Then, we got our pictures back. OH MY GOD. They are truly beautiful. I can't stop looking at our wedding pictures!! I have gotten so many compliments on our photos, and I can confidently say that Mark truly captured EVERYTHING special on our big day. A few of his incredible shots gave viewers "goosebumps" because of how powerful the shots were. We are SO happy we chose Mark and his wife to photograph the most special day of our lives. HIRE MARK! He is truly passionate and the best at what he does. I can't give higher regards to him! Thank you Mark and Stacy!
    Julia Married on 05/28/2016
    Mark is a true professional! His extensive experience in photography and especially in wedding photography, really shows in his work. From our first meeting with Mark, we were thoroughly impressed with how detailed, professional, thought out and meticulous his approach was. We instantly felt comfortable and confident that he would do a great job as our wedding photographer.

Leading up to our wedding, he was excellent with his communication and had great info about how to prepare for the engagement shoot, how to figure out our photo lists and what would work best with our timeline. In fact, he helped put together our timeline, which was extremely helpful.
    During our wedding, Mark and the wonderful second photographer he brought (her name slips my mind, unfortunately) were very organized, efficient and kept everything moving along. Our coordinator even shared with us that she was impressed how Mark would jump in to make sure we got the shots we wanted. Mark did an amazing job capturing candid photos and the vibe of our wedding, all without us even noticing that he was floating around! Since we didn’t have a videographer, we loved all the natural moments he captured of our guests.

I must also mention that our weather was very challenging and changed throughout the day (from sunny and windy to cloudy to extremely foggy). Mark would quickly adapt as the elements would change and this is definitely not easy to do. He’s a true pro with a great eye for lighting.
    We were very happy with the quality of our photographs and how Mark captured our special day this past May. If you’re looking for someone who is professional, organized and experienced, Mark is your guy. You won’t go wrong with Unveiled Wedding Photography!
  • User2584698 2+ years ago
    Mark was amazing throughout the entire process! Leading up to the wedding, he was super responsive to emails and very helpful with creating a wedding timeline. The day of the wedding he was professional and fun to work with! Best of all, we didn't have to wait very long to see the finished photos and they turned out fantastic! He did a beautiful job and we would recommend him 100%!
    Jill Married on 01/02/2016
    Mark was so easy to work with, professional and extremely organized as well as an impressive photographer. Stacy, his wife & assistant, is equally as talented and kind. They specialize in capturing all the cherished moments throughout your wedding day which we will admire for the years to come. The two of them make a powerful, yet comforting team. I’m not a fan of photos of myself, but they created a relaxed & happy environment which made me forget the cameras were even there and I was able to naturally enjoy the entire day. I really liked how they allowed the wedding to flow genuinely and did not stage or pose every move. Mark has tons of experience, excellent advice (listen to him), and produces beautiful photographs. Also, he planned our whole wedding day timeline with no extra expense. Thank you for capturing all the beautiful details that will allow us to relive our best day ever!!!
    Janelle Married on 09/25/2015
    Mark and his wife were amazing! Very professional and captured all the precious moments from out big day. Husband and I are still so much in love with our pictures!!
    Amanda Married on 07/25/2015
    Hands down the most beautiful wedding photography! Mark Hillis has a true gift of capturing every single special moment whether it's a glance to your new husband that you thought no one saw, tears during your vows, laughter on the dance floor or that beautiful sunset. . . I am truly grateful for the memories and can not praise him enough. Also, he has an amazing team and they are great people to be around!
  • User2086687 2+ years ago
    I am SO happy that we hired Mark to be our wedding photographer. First of all, when you read all the reviews about Mark, here and elsewhere, that make him sound too good to be true -- I want you to know it's for real. I was a bit skeptical about all the "press" such as "The Knot Best of Weddings for 5 years in a row." If you are a person like me you hear all this good stuff, over and over, and you think, "He's got friends." But that's because I'm jaded. Ha ha. I want you to know IT'S ALL TRUE. Mark is the best, and you won't regret hiring him. He does have better equipment AND technique than other photographers. Not only are the photos STUNNING, but Mark was like a ninja capturing moments that were so special while we did not even know he was there! I have so many pictures of my friends and family that are so special -- revealing their characters, capturing their essence of personality, and evoking memories that will last decades rather than fading away. Isn't that what it's all about, remembering how it all felt? He gets up close without anyone knowing and really captures people's souls. It's amazing. It brings the whole experience to life again. And of course, the traditional bride and groom shots and wedding party portraits are just what you want them to be. No doubt. I was pregnant at my wedding, did not feel I looked so beautiful and perfect as a bride should because of the extra weight. However, Mark captured my happiness and joy and my love of my husband in a way that moves me to tears. He made me look beautiful even when I did not feel like it. His pictures of my husband are equally amazing. All around I HIGHLY recommend that you choose Mark and please do not look any further.
    Scott Married on 03/07/2015
    We are so happy we had the opportunity to work with Mark! From our first phone call we knew we didn't need to talk to anyone else and we didn't! Mark was always quick to respond to all of our questions. His attention to detail is very important to him and it definitely pays off. He put together a timeline that kept us on track even when we started 20 minutes late at a sunset wedding. We got amazing pictures just as the sun was going down. Even as we were hurrying through the vineyards at Mount Palomar Winery, Mark's wife was making sure my wife's dress was perfect. We can not say enough about all of our posed pictures but on top of that, Mark captured so many amazing candid photos that really encompassed all the memories from the day. We didn't look anywhere else and neither do you....call Mark!
    Catherine Married on 12/12/2014
    My husband and I are SO grateful that we chose Mark and Unveiled Wedding Photography to shoot our wedding. From our first meeting with Mark, we knew that not only was he friendly and fun but also that he had a SERIOUS passion for photography and making beautiful images that capture both details and emotion, are photographically pristine, and stand the test of time. He has a TON of experience and seems to have seen everything. He also was flexible in working together with us to provide a custom package. He was straightforward, open, honest, and detailed with his pricing, policies, and procedure. We had done our research and came with a ton of questions... all of which he was ready and able to answer, and it was so nice to feel like there were no catches or hidden loop holes!

There was a lot thrown at us (and subsequently our vendors) during our wedding day... some thing expected and some unexpected... due to bad weather, limited sunlight due to our December wedding, and schedule running slightly behind for various reasons. Despite all these challenges, things were so stress free for us the entire day due to Mark and his team and our incredible wedding coordinator helping to keep things on schedule and on track. During the ceremony and reception, we hardly even noticed Mark and his team were there... and we have absolutely beautiful images of all sorts (poses, shots of the details of the wedding, candids) that captured every bit of the day beautifully!

Mark and his team come at a higher price than many of the newer, less experienced wedding photographers that have popped up recently, but you absolutely get what you pay for. If photography is important to you, we HIGHLY recommend going with Unveiled!
    Nicola Married on 10/18/2014
    I can't say enough good things about my experience with Mark. From the beginning, he was professional and easy to work with. He not only took fantastic pictures; he also helped everyone stay on track with the wedding timeline. I am so glad I did not hire another vendor based on price - the money was well worth it. I now have hundreds of beautiful images that will last me a lifetime thanks to Mark.