UnPosed Photography Reviews

54 UnPosed Photography Reviews
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 11/11/2018

Dream Photographers!

Cathy and Jeff of UnPosed Photography are truly exceptional when it comes to wedding photographers. If I could rate them as 10 out of 5 stars, I would because that's how amazing they are. Not only do they take incredible photos, but it's like having an extra pair of wedding coordinators when it comes to working with them. Cathy and Jeff reach out to their couples often with information, advice, and reminders to reach out to them for anything that you may need. I felt like I had already known Cathy and Jeff for years within our first few emails and that relationship only strengthened when we finally met them in person for our engagement shoot. My husband and I felt so comfortable working with Cathy and Jeff throughout our engagement session and wedding day because they are both so personable. When you choose to work with UnPosed Photography, you will walk away with incredible photos and relationships with people that you will basically consider family! They are definitely worth the price that you pay for their services that they offer and how much they go above and beyond the roles of typical photographers.

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2018

This is your dream team! They are the best at what they do! They are extremely professional, amazing quality of service (providing the bride and groom goldfish because we are starving) haha, always willing to accommodate requests of family and friends and keeping you on track for your special day. Their response time is impeccable! Not only do they provide a stunning video of the wedding the day after so that family members and friends can all see they check in and see how you are doing and if there is anything else that they can do for you. I loved working with Unposed Photography and it was the best decision we ever made to have them.

Christina · Married on 09/02/2018

From my very first email exchange with Cathy I immediately felt her enthusiasm, love for photography, and incredible caring nature. Planning a wedding from afar should have been much more stressful than it wound up being and that is in huge part thanks to Cathy and Jeff! They were in constant contact, very quick to respond to my emails, and often checked in just to see if I needed anything. They also gave excellent advice about other vendors in town.
    I wasn't planning on doing an engagement shoot initially, but it is included in the UnPosed package and I'm glad it was because we had so much fun! For our first time being photographed, we didn't feel uncomfortable at all because Cathy and Jeff were so wonderful and upbeat, and the pictures turned out great!!
    By the time our wedding came around, I felt like Cathy and Jeff were old friends. I honestly do not know how this is possible, but I felt like we were the only couple they were working with during the whole process, even though I know they are crazy busy, it never felt like that to me. They are amazing! We got our pictures back in like 2 weeks, and we love them all!! We were so lucky to work with Cathy and Jeff!!!

Brittney · Married on 08/04/2018

If you are in search for a photographer for your wedding- I Promise you 100% that Cathy and Jeff with UnPosed Photography will blow you away with how incredible they are and how amazing their photos turn out. Our wedding day ran so smooth due to Cathy and Jeff keeping us on a very detailed timeline, Cathy not only took amazing photos- she was there for me through all the sweat and happy tears. We got married on a 90 degree day- Cathy was always blotting my forehead- & making me look my best at all times. Cathy was always 2 steps ahead and never did I have any worry in the world. I felt so comfortable working with Cathy and Jeff- Ryan and I have heard from all of our guests after the wedding and everyone can not stop talking about how awesome of photographers you guys were.

*Our wedding felt like a dream* Thanks to Cathy and Jeff!

Phoenix · Married on 07/21/2018

Cathy and Jeff went above and beyond for our big day!
    1. Amazing, creative photographs
    2. Super fast Turn around
    3. Prepared for anything, always had everything we needed, fans, umbrellas, sewing kits, water, etc!
    4. Did a great job with our family and friends, everyone loved them, especially the bridal party!
    5. Super sweet and energetic couple!
    6. Great deal, two photographers, free engagement session, amazing photos!

We are so glad we chose UnPosed Photography! They did an amazing job!

UnPosed Photography 1

Megan · Married on 07/14/2018

We now not only see Jeff & Cathy as our photographers, but now also friends! Every step of our wedding planning and wedding day experience was perfect because of UnPosed. They acted not only as photographers, but wedding planners to give advice and guide us every step of the way! They did a fantastic job making sure they got to know everything important about us as a couple, which reflected in capturing the perfect pictures. The day of our wedding, they both were there to help when needed and kept our wedding party on track with where they needed to be and what they needed to do. Our special day would not have been as perfect as it was without these two rockstars! :)

Becky · Married on 05/12/2018

Cathy and Jeff were simply amazing! Everything from re-bustling my dress (with safety pins) so I could keep dancing, shortening one of my Bridemaids' dresses (avoided a nervous breakdown), fetching us water (it's important to stay hydrated) to catching me when I fell up the stairs (I'm clumsy), they were there every step of the way! They were super communicative from the beginning and so easy to work with. They are an amazing couple and we highly recommend them! We absolutely cannot wait to see our pictures :)

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Where do I even begin??! These 2 are AMAZING!! They are a dynamic duo and helped make sure my day was perfect. They are so very organized and the prep work before gave me such peace of mind. They brought things up that I hadn't even thought about discussing with my other vendors. They were there every step of the day and I really couldn't have imagined our day without them. They played every role whenever necessary just to keep things going smoothly. Jeff was even pinning in bobby pins :) That evening they even brought a battery pack for our LOVE sign letter for our night photo. WOW!! Blown away by them! Throughout the entire day and still today, weeks later, I am still getting compliments from family and friends about my photographers. And of course our photos turned out absolutely stunning. It was all a dream come true and wouldn't have been possible without them. We can truly say we have gained 2 new friends. And I must add, how amazing to wake up in the morning to a sneak peak video of your photos! And 10 days later all the photos ready to view and order!!!! 5 star service from beginning to end! THANK YOU!! -Kayla & Tony

UnPosed Photography 2
    UnPosed Photography 9
    UnPosed Photography 10
    UnPosed Photography 11

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2018

Cathy and Jeff are simply AMAZING. They are not just photographers, they are coordinators, personal attendants, hair stylists, etc. Most of my morning was spent with Cathy and she held onto my garters all day because they wouldn't stay up, she held onto my lip gloss and reapplied it for me, she tightened my shoes, put extra bobby pins in my hair, etc. Jeff was with the guys and I know he helped them with pinning their flowers on and he had safety pins to help with tuxes that weren't cooperating. They also give you a very detailed schedule of the day for about every 15 minutes to a half hour so everyone is on the same page about where they need to be and when. We ran ahead of schedule pretty much all day which is extremely unheard of. They are just so good with knowing how long it will take to do things and we never felt rushed, which is a huge benefit because you get to enjoy your day more when you aren't rushed or behind schedule. Cathy and Jeff are also not just a vendor, they truly take the time to get to know you as a couple. We went on a few dinner dates with them and we would take wedding items that needed to be discussed and then when we were finished with that we just talked about life. It was extremely comforting getting to know them on a personal level and to feel comfortable with them! They are also the photographers you want if you are not looking for wedding photos that are just like everybody else's. They don't have a list of photos that they are looking to get (aside from family formals) they just roll with it and get ideas based on your wedding party and you as a couple. I HIGHLY recommend them!!

UnPosed Photography 12
    UnPosed Photography 13
    UnPosed Photography 14
    UnPosed Photography 15
    UnPosed Photography 16
    UnPosed Photography 17
    UnPosed Photography 18

Morgan · Married on 12/30/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Jeff and Cathy! They are talented, professional, and take great pride in their work. Additionally, and more importantly, they are genuine, friendly, and so thoughtful of the couples with whom they work. They made us feel at ease and took care of our families and friends as well from the first day of meeting them. The pictures speak for themselves; they are spectacular, but the service and experience is unmatched!

UnPosed Photography 19

Breana · Married on 11/04/2017

One of the best decisions we could’ve made when planning our wedding was reaching out and having Unposed Photography capture our memories on our wedding day! Our photographs turned out amazing and throughout the planning process they were there to assist with any questions we had. When we first met them it was an instant like and they were so easy to talk with. You could tell immediately that they loved what they do and would go out of their way to ensure your day was special! They were flexible throughout the wedding planning process, prompt with responses, super creative, and not to mention a total laugh when you spoke with them! Couldn’t imagine having anyone else doing a better job than Cathy and Jeff (Unposed Photography)!!

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

If you're looking not only for amazing wedding photographers but also for a support team for your entire wedding experience, look no further! Cathy and Jeff take amazing pictures of every moment, from the engagement shoot to the wedding day, and shooting with them is fun! They genuinely cared about our day and it showed every minute. From helping us choose vendors to Cathy literally scrubbing mud out of my dress because of a rainy First Look, Cathy and Jeff were the absolute best!

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2017

There are not enough words to express not only what amazing photographers Cathy & Jeff are but what truly great people they are. When we first started looking into photographers Cathy & Jeff were the first ones recommended to us by Eagle Ridge, they were so accommodating right from the get go - since we live about 3 hours outside of Galena Cathy and Jeff agreed to set up a skype call for our first meet and greet, I personally always find skype/face timing kind of awkward but they made us feel so comfortable we ended up staying on the call for over an hour. From there on out Cathy and Jeff quickly answered every trivial question I asked (i.e., what color nail polish for our engagement pictures). They also offered suggestions on other vendors (whom were all amazing!) and gave us a ton of advice on things I never would have even thought of. We unknowingly scheduled our engagement photos on a weekend that just so happened to be the worst snow storm of the winter, but the snow, ice and -15 degree weather didn't slow us down and now we have the most beautiful snowy engagement photos!! The day of the wedding Cathy and Jeff made sure everything went off without a hitch, I felt zero stress the entire day. They coordinated with our other vendors and addressed any issues we had, the scouted out the most beautiful locations for the photos, they came up with so many amazing and unique ideas, they made us feel so comfortable, it was like having a friend, parent, wedding planner and cheerleader all in one - I could not have asked for anything else! Our wedding day was perfect and I can honestly say that would not have been possible with out Cathy & Jeff.

Ashley · Married on 07/07/2017

Cathy & Jeff were absolutely amazing! They were our photographers and everything else we could've possible needed that day. From fixing my hair and makeup, to keeping us on track, to having fans, mints, bug spray, etc., they were on top of everything and knew what we needed before we did. They also kept our family's in line. It's really hard to round up large groups of people at one time and get everyone to focus, but Cathy & Jeff managed to get it done!!

We had a blast every second we spent with Cathy & Jeff. Our engagement picture session and our wedding day were both very care free and fun. There was no pressure or awkwardness having a camera follow us around all day.

In terms of the actual photographs, the preview video that we have seen is outstanding and we are so excited to see the rest of the pictures from our wedding day!! We absolutely loved our engagement session photos so we already know these will be equally as amazing.

We would definitely recommend UnPosed Photography to everyone we know! Best duo around!

Heather · Married on 06/24/2017

Hands down, Cathy and Jeff are the best! We were nervous before our engagement session, but as soon as we met them, we were comfortable. They are a super sweet couple, they are very professional and helped us get comfortable in front of the camera through their guidance and poses. Then, leading up to our wedding day, they gave us great recommendations and advice - they were always willing to answer our random wedding questions ha. They took the time to come out to the farm a few times before the wedding and were very helpful and supportive on the wedding day. I could not be any happier with our wedding photos!!

Kristina · Married on 06/17/2017

Jeff and Cathy were absolutely AMAZING!! They were the best decision we made for our wedding. They are worth every single penny. They made our day run so smoothly and got all of the pictures that we wanted. They were a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them in a heartbeat. They truly went above and beyond and did more than just take pictures!!

Christine · Married on 06/10/2017

There does not exist a better photography couple than these two! No need to continue looking for a good photographer because Jeff and Cathy at UnPosed are the best in the business! I could honestly write a novel about their greatness. Cathy and Jeff met with us via Google Chat a while before we decided to do our engagement photos and we immediately fell in love with their personalities. They made us feel at ease and confident that they were the right choice. Our engagement photos were beautiful and they worked with us diligently to make sure we got the right location and time. Engagement photos were awesome, but they blew us out of the water with their incredible work at our wedding. They did not just photograph, but also, kept us sane, coordinated with all the vendors to ensure we had the most stress-free time, they saved the day a couple times with some mishaps of leaving things at the house we got ready at, Cathy toted some of my items around for me so I didn't have to carry them, etc. Seriously, I could go on forever. Even our MOH wanted a selfie with Cathy (which fantastically made it into our album!). I was astounded by the rave feedback from family and friends about how impressed they were with how they just "got things done". They have such a knack for fine details and they really captured some amazing moments. I absolutely cannot wait to talk to them about buying their print products to cherish their gorgeous work forever. WE LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We wish we could have a wedding every week just to hang out with you!

• W

Wendy · Married on 05/27/2017

Cathy and Jeff were the best to work with. They made the day so much fun & kept everything on schedule. Their photos are top notch & well worth the money. Highly recommend them.

April · Married on 02/11/2017

There are honestly no words to describe how truly amazing Cathy & Jeff are. We just got back from our wedding in Jamaica where we had the pleasure of taking Cathy & Jeff with us. Our wedding would not have been as amazing as it was without Cathy & Jeff....literally! I think back on our special day and the two people who stick out the most are Cathy & Jeff. They literally bent over backwards to make our day perfect from coming up with ideas in a country we've both never been, to Cathy pinning up my hair last minute, to me happily crying to Cathy right before the first look. There are no other photographers we would have wanted with us on our wedding day! Cathy & Jeff will be our friends for life and will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Danielle · Married on 11/19/2016

I have tried and failed multiple times to write this review because I could never find the words to describe how amazing these two are. With Unposed you don't just get photos- you get a team who's talent for wedding photography is instantly apparent and organization would make a Swiss train conductor weep with appreciation. Not comfortable taking photos? No problem; they'll get to know you first and instantly set you at ease. Freaking out about your wedding day timeline? No stress; they've got it. Have relatives that loathe each other? Instantly segregated in photos so the bride never even has to worry about the potentially volatile situation. Your husband's cousin lights a branch on fire at the head table during the best man speech? No worries, just hand it to Cathy and she'll calmly walk it out of the room (true story). I truly can't thank them enough for being such an integral part of our day and giving us the pictures we'll cherish for a lifetime.

Lesia · Married on 11/12/2016

I wish I could write a small novel about how Cathy & Jeff made our wedding amazing, but I'll try to fit it all in this small box. From traveling to Chicago from Galena for our engagement pics, emergency helming bridesmaids dresses, to get the most STUNNING shots, Cathy & Jeff will do everything to help you out on your big day, as well as take photographs that will truly last a lifetime. Picking a photographer is one of the most important decisions you have to make for your wedding, as a bad decision could result unfortunately in ruined memories and moments. This dynamic duo is professional, prompt, respond very quickly, and are beyond sweet. Hiring them was the best decision we ever made, we have received so many compliments on our pictures. As a surprise on our wedding day, they even rushed back home to print out a photo from the day to display at the wedding. Incredible.

Sam · Married on 11/05/2016

Cathy and Jeff are amazing! Since the day we first talked to them before our engagement photos and after the wedding, they were absolutely the most professional, helpful, and friendly. It's very clear they have experience from the first *click, but then you begin to realize the massive amount of skill they both have and love for their profession. It is astounding what they can do while making everything feel natural. Throughout the weekend, they were re-assuring and positive. They captured so many moments with our families and wedding party that we'll cherish forever. Our day would not have been perfect without them.

Emily · Married on 10/22/2016

We are super behind on getting this done, but we just HAD to write a review! Cathy and Jeff at Unposed Photography are absolutely amazing at what they do and put all of their energy into making the whole wedding planning process easier. They are photographers and wedding planners all wrapped up into one! They create the entire timeline for the day and make sure they understand everything you want for you wedding day, and then help make sure it happens. They are willing to listen to you vent, help you find vendors if you are struggling, and help you with any other wedding planning you have trouble with! On top of that, they are just awesome photographers! The pictures they took were amazing in every way. They have a way of finding the moments that truly captured our personalities and the chemistry between us both. They have been doing this together for so long, that they know exactly what needs to happen and when, and they do it with just a look from across the room! Cathy and Jeff truly went above and beyond anything we could have ever expected.

Becky · Married on 10/16/2016

The smartest decision my husband and I made when planning our wedding was booking Cathy and Jeff with Unposed as soon as we had chosen our venue and date. Taking beautiful photos is just the beginning with these two. They are genuinely nice people who want to help their clients have a really amazing wedding day and a low stress planning experience. They offered recommendations on other vendors, gave great advice on all the random stuff I would email about, and offered to help with anything that was stressing us out (which really wasn't anything since we were working with amazing vendors that Cathy and Jeff recommended!) On our wedding day all we had to do was be there - they created our timeline, coordinated our transportation, and kept us on schedule. We were not stressed at all and were able to relax and have fun. Our photos were ready soon after the wedding and we are so happy with how they turned out!
    You will not be disappointed by Unposed Photography: their photos are gorgeous, they go above and beyond the role of photographers, and they are really wonderful people to be around!

Paige · Married on 10/08/2016

Pre-Wedding: Jeff and Cathy are wonderful to work with! They are the kindest, most down to earth yet professional people. They love what they do and are a support system throughout the whole wedding process! Photography package included engagement photos!

Post Wedding: AH-MAZING! There are not enough wonderful things in the world to say about Jeff and Cathy. Before the wedding, they check-in regularly to make sure everything is going well and offer their support and help. They put together a detailed timeline to help the flow of the day and are so accommodating and helpful with all the tips and tricks they have learned! It's awesome to have a 2 person team as Cathy is there when the girls get ready and Jeff is with the boys and they both complement each other so well. I cannot recommend enough doing the First Look. My husband and I were able to have a sweet moment to ourselves and then do our pictures and our wedding party pictures before the ceremony. Because of this, we were able to actually enjoy our cocktail hour and dinner!!
    Cathy was up at 6:30 am to get ready to shoot me and my girls at 9:00 and Jeff worked on beautiful detail shots until the boys were getting ready. Cathy offered her support and smiles through everything- especially when I got a little flustered! They truly are a photography/wedding planning/therapist support team! Our first look was so special as Jeff and Cathy genuinely are thrilled for each of their couples and my husband and I felt the love! During our ceremony, they caught the most precious moments and didn't miss a thing! When it comes to all the family pictures, Cathy knows how to keep things moving! After our ceremony, we did all our family photos in less than 30 minutes and were off to cocktail hour! Their advanced planning and preparation makes this possible! Throughout the evening, they captured every detail, every moment of laughter and (happy) tears beautifully. THEIR NIGHT PHOTOS ARE TO DIE FOR! #SKILLS