Unique Tailor Reviews

21 | Raleigh, NC

21 Reviews for Unique Tailor

Lauren · Married on 04/07/2018

Sharon was great to work with and did a fantastic job altering my wedding dress. There was a lot of intricate lace that had to be removed and then put back on in order to take up the dress's length, and this was no problem for her at all. It looked just as perfect afterwards as it did before. She was happy to make any small adjustments during my fittings to make sure that the dress fit perfectly, and never rushed through a fitting even if things were busier in the store. I would highly recommend Sharon and Unique Tailor for wedding dress alterations (and other alterations too)!

Sent on 04/28/2018
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/10/2018

Such a great experience here! I waited till the last minute for a bustle and scheduled quickly. She showed me two options and it was done in no time. Added on steaming service and my dress was ready sooner than I expected.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Vivian · Married on 05/27/2017

BETTER THAN TOP NOTCH! Highly recommended if you want to work with Raleigh's best tailor. At Unique Tailors you get talent, superb service and fair pricing. I especially liked working with Sharon who has a great eye. She is so sweet, you can't help but bond with her. We laughed a lot through out my dress fittings which made them fun and memorable, her daughters were darling, I feel like they all became part of my family. The way she cared for me, worked while she was sick to make sure she met my deadline. There aren't enough compliments to describe the work product. My custom dress was the talk of my son's wedding. STUNNING DRESS! THANK YOU SHARON. LOVE YOU!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

I took my wedding dress to Unique Tailor based on a recommendation from a friend who gets her everyday clothing tailored there. She could NOT have done a better job! The place i bought my dress from convinced me that it would be better to wear heels than to hem my dress. Not only did Unique Tailor pull through on some complicated hemming, they also were able to "mermaid" the skirt exactly how I wanted. I could not have felt more comfortable, and more like a princess in my dress!!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Emilie · Married on 06/04/2016

Sharon was a dream to work with!!!!! She handmade my Wedding Dress, my hair piece, and garter. It was just any handmade dress she made it using the lace from my Mom + Grandmothers Wedding dresses. She is SOOOOO talented, I really think she can do anything. Her care + attention to detail was more than I could of asked for!!! I loved the whole process, and the dress was STUNNING!!!!! Thank you for making all my wedding dreams come true!!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Kristin · Married on 05/21/2016

I had such a wonderful experience getting my wedding dress altered at unique tailor. Sharon did a phenomenal job on my gown and was do kind, accommodating, and patient. From the first appointment I knew her attention to detail and meticulous inspection of my dress would make for a fabulous end product. She was also very affordable compared to a other alteration shop I visited as well-by a few hundred dollars. Her appointment system is very convenient as well they email you and add a event to your calendar so your phone will alert you of your fitting time. She even gave me a beautiful custom handkerchief as a wedding present! Can't recommend unique tailor enough!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Sharon is amazing! I brought my wedding dress to be altered, and it needed a Lot of altering. Sharon's craftsmanship and abilities are flawless. She did an amazing job in transforming my dress into the dress that is perfect for me. I highly recommend her to anyone needing alterations of any kind!

Sent on 01/23/2016

linda · Married on 06/28/2015

I took my wedding dress to her because i had bought my dress while pregnant with my daughter and than ended up pregnant with my son right after so needless to say my dress was to small. I must say She worked miracles and did AMAZING job and got me into my dress and made my day and getting me into my dream dress on a short period of time and she doesnt charge outrageous prices like most people. She is very sweet lady and makes you feel comfortable while doing a great job! Im thankful to of met her

Sent on 06/17/2015

lani · Married on 06/06/2015

Sharon did such a great job with my dress! I had a terrible dress experience with my previous tailor and ended up having to buy a new dress with very little time left for my wedding. I was so set on having a low cut back and the dress I brought her was a corset. She WORKED WONDERS!! Loved her and the rest of her staff.

Sent on 06/14/2015
  • User2651972 · 2+ years ago

Sharon was wonderful! She did a great job with my dress and she even made a few last minute changes before I left to make sure I was completely happy. She was super friendly and her pricing was more than fair for the work. I would definitely take another dress to her.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Moira · Married on 05/11/2013

I bought my wedding gown from a website without ever trying it on. All I could do was hope and pray that it would fit while it was shipping because I had had a horrible experience with a tailor at a nearby mall and I really didn't want to go through that again with something as important as my wedding gown. I looked up Unique Tailors online and was impressed by the reviews I read. I immediately made an appointment with Sharon and was blown away with how amazing she is! She took one look at me in the gown and knew exactly what needed to be done and the best way to fix it. My gown is nothing but lace and beads making it incredibly hard to figure out how to make it shorter without loosing all of the beads. Sharon was able to save the beading, save the gorgeous lace and still take it in where it needed to. She fixed the scalloped neckline and added extra boning. She even noticed that the buttons to hold my train looked weird and completely rearranged them to make them look elegant like the rest of the gown. I could go on and on about how great my experience was. I highly recommend her. I'll be back for sure!

Sent on 04/19/2013

I had my wedding dress altered at Uniquely You Tailor and she was FANTASTIC!!! She did an amazing job with my dress. I was so hesitant to get a strapless dress because I didn't want to pull on it all night if it was too loose. But I also didn't want the "muffin top" if it was too tight. By the end of my tailoring sessions, the dress was PERFECT! It was comfortable and flattering and she did such an excellent job with it. She even added a French bustle so I could adjust the train for my reception. I can't say enough great things about her. She was professional and affordable and she is extremely talented. I highly recommend Uniquely You Tailor for an alterations!!

Sent on 12/08/2012
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 05/20/2012

Sharon was quite possibly my favorite vendor. She was fantastic! My wedding dress came in a week and a half before the wedding date. She fit 3 fittings into that timeframe and made the dress fit PERFECTLY. The workmanship was just beautiful and she even designed a special bustle to make it easier for me to dance. Not to mention the price she quoted me initially was right on target, despite the fact that my dress had LOTS of lace and beading.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Kristina · Married on 08/05/2017

Sharon with Unique Tailor did a great job in altering my wedding dress. I purchased from a consignment shop and it needed to be taken in and up plus a bustle. The end result was amazing and made me fall more in love with the dress!

Sent on 08/14/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

My wedding dress did not need extensive alterations, but Sharon was able to make my dress fit like a glove. She gave me several options for bustles and was very flexible when I wanted additional alterations. She added cups and tightened the straps on my dress (very intricate lace) which allowed my larger chest to stay in place without wearing a bra all night. With her skill, I was able to feel great on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/04/2017
  • Nykisha

Nykisha · Married on 05/24/2014

Sharon is a truly gifted tailor. She sized me up, made a few marks, and all was set. She did a hem, took in the sides, and also added an American Bustle cause my gown didn't have one and she knew I would need it. 3 weeks later I was back for my final fitting and it was perfect ♥ I would use her again!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Corrine · Married on 04/16/2016

Wonderful! Sharon did such a beautiful job taking my dress in. I loved her so much that my sister used her for her bridesmaids dress.

Sent on 03/28/2016

3.0

I researched and spoke with several tailors before entrusting my precious gown to Sharon at Unique Tailors. Sharon was pleasant and happy to share suggestions on how to best resolve an issue I had with how my dress fit me...a few times I felt like my mom was there with me as I like some other brides experience some type of punch to their self-esteem when trying to see themselves as perfect in their wedding gown. Sharon was patient with me as I asked question after question...should I wear a veil? Does this dress make me look fat? I'm not sure if I'm wearing shoes or sneakers yet? Although my mom was 9 hours away while all these dress fittings were taking place Sharon, along with my crazy cousins filled in the gap and made me look and feel stunning on my big day!

Thank You! Mrs. Kelly, September 2015

Sent on 10/21/2015

Courtney · Married on 11/09/2013

3.5

Sharon is great. I only saw her twice out of the four visits that I had. The first visit was with her associate (I would guess, I couldn't really understand her). Very nice and knew what she was talking about in regards to a bustle. The back of my dress is different so the bustle had to be done a certain way. The second visit I met Sharon, she explained in detail how to tie the bustle, she even number the tabs so it's fool proof. I really appreciated that, being that I will not be tying my bustle. Third visit they forgot to hem the dress the first time so I had to schedule another appointment to pick it up. The fourth visit was the final fitting and everything went perfectly, Sharon did exactly what I wanted and it looks great. My only problem with them is they are not open on Friday afternoons, I live and work in Sanford which is a good 40 minute drive to the store and it was a headache trying to get into Raleigh between the hours of 4-7 during the week.

Sent on 10/31/2013

4.2
      3.5

Initially, the alterations for my dress was quoted to me at much higher than I anticipated. The tailor did work with me to cut down the cost and get closer to what I had budgeted for, however. The work was done very well. The tailor was also very flexible with meeting me on weekends and late evenings to accommodate my schedule.

Sent on 10/22/2015
  • Mary Kate

Mary Kate · Married on 04/16/2016

2.5

Ms. Sharon did a wonderful job with 3 different dresses for my wedding (ceremony, rehearsal, reception).She is very well trained. I had a few small scheduling/pick up issues hence low ratings for responsiveness and professionalism. I dropped the three dresses of after my first (initial) consultation and scheduled a second fitting. When I arrived for the second fitting, only two of my dresses had been worked on. When I requested to try on the third dress, I was told that it had gotten pushed back on rack and was overlooked. She also said that she was unclear that I wanted to have the dress worked on because I had said I would bring my shoes (flats) to the second fitting, apologized and offered to do whatever it took to get this dress finished. This happened on a Thursday and I requested to come back the following Tuesday.With three dresses and all of my different requests, I was willing to chock this up to miscommunication.I made an appointment for the next Tuesday and was assured my dress would be ready for pick up at 5:00 pm. On Tuesday, I pulled into the parking lot at about 4:50, my phone rang. Ms. Sharon had called me to say she needed a little more time and asked if I was already on my way. I let her know that I was in the parking lot, since my appointment was at 5:00. She asked for 30 more minutes.When I came back at 5:30, I was asked to take a seat and told that Ms. Sharon would be right with me. I kept being told that she was "almost" done. I finally got to try on the dress at about 6:00 pm.The dress fit and looked good - she had done great work. However, the dress was not steamed, which I had communicated I wanted done. So I had to bring the dress back again, closer to the wedding, to get it steamed. Overall, great work and skill - scheduling could use a little help though.

Sent on 04/20/2016