Unique Melody Events & Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Alysha W. Married on 01/07/2022

Flawlessly Executed by Yvonne!

I wish I could give Yvonne and her staff 100 stars. From the beginning Yvonne was welcoming and warm at our first meeting, it was like we've known her for a while. I was hesitant to hire a event planner but boy am I glad that I did it was worth every penny. Yvonne is truly amazing at what she does! She pulled off my dream wedding in about 4 weeks (Not to mention it was in my parents backyard talk about working from scratch). During this unsettling time it was truly amazing to have someone who was so invested in making sure I had the wedding of my dream I truly would of been lost without Yvonne and her assistant. If your looking a wedding planner who literally does it all with ease please hire Unique Melody Events & Design! They are the best in the business.

Unique Melody Events & Design's reply:

Alysha, working with you and your family was such a joy. The 4 weeks was not enough time to spend with you all, but it was so much fun! Through all your previous stress and endeavors, I am so proud to have been part of the team to finalize and execute your wedding day!
    Donald S. Married on 11/14/2021

Amazing Destination Wedding!

Unique Melody Events made our destination wedding truly special, and we would highly recommend their services to anyone who is planning their wedding! They truly took all the stress out of our planning and allowed us to enjoy our day with friends and family.

We had less than 5 months to plan a destination wedding for 130 people during COVID. Although we had a vision of what we wanted, we didn’t have a venue secured. During our first meeting, we shared our vision with Yvonne and she helped us with all aspects of the planning: budgeting, invitations, scouting and securing venue, hotel room blocks, food & beverage, as well as negotiating with all vendors (florists, photographers, musicians, officiant, cake, hair, and makeup). She also spearheaded the design elements of the wedding and transformed the venue into a magical space for our evening reception.

On the day of the wedding, Yvonne and Steph were highly focused on executing a flawless wedding and were extremely detail-oriented, allowing us to just sit back, relax and enjoy ourselves. They quickly pivoted the schedule several times to include several cultural elements that were important to us, and we cannot have been happier with how the day went!

We would highly recommend them with no reservations whatsoever. They are a pleasure to work with, and will pull together an amazing event for you!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/01/2021

Best day of coordinator!

Thank you to Yvonne for being our awesome day-of coordinator and to her assistant Cartier! Yvonne’s experience and expertise shows in her thoughtful consideration for aspects of the wedding day we did not even think of. Her attention to detail helped carry out our vision - with everything from the seating chart table to the sweetheart table, everything was as we had envisioned!
  • Sarah
    Sarah R. Married on 06/19/2021

Absolute perfection

Yvonne was one of my guiding lights on our wedding day! We hired Yvonne as a Day-of Coordinator for our wedding, and from the beginning, I knew I could trust her. She’s warm, knowledgeable, and down to earth, which is exactly what we needed. When I started panicking a few months out thinking I’d have to change plans due to the pandemic, she was kind enough to talk it out with me and helped me lay out a game plan, taking away a lot of stress. Luckily, we were able to keep all of our original plans. Yvonne jumped right in about a month or so out, ensuring me that everything was taken care of. On the wedding day, I felt so relaxed because I knew that Yvonne and her assistant were handling everything from setting up the decor, coordinating with other vendors, and making sure the timeline was running smoothly. She was absolutely committed to me and my husband, and I knew that if we needed anything she’d be right there ready to help. She made our vision come to life, and everything went so smoothly, thanks to her. We’re so incredibly grateful to her, and can’t recommend her highly enough!!

Unique Melody Events & Design's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day team! You handled planning throughout a pandemic with grace and poise. I wish you and Andrew all the best in your future together!
  • Patty
    Patty G. Married on 03/20/2021

Flexibility

Great flexibility, especially during the pandemic. I appreciated her leading the rehearsal and taking care of the vendors in final planning and coordination. I appreciated Yvonne's availability to help with decorations and offer design ideas. It was a wonderful experience!
    Amanda R. Married on 09/19/2020

Drowning in spreadsheets? Hire UME.

I was a bride suddenly DIY'ing due to the pandemic, and my fiance and I needed someone we could trust to run the show and make sure nothing feel through the cracks. I didn't really know what a day-of coordinator was but my friend recommended I find one about 2 months out from our wedding after several weeks of daily complaints about planning a wedding after COVID cancelled our original plans. I found Yvonne via Google and hired her basically the same day- she was that impressive and I had total confidence in her from the first time we talked. I went from crying daily from wedding planning stress to being so relieved that Yvonne had my back. This was the best investment I made for our wedding and our engagement, and hiring her was the key to savoring the last part of our engagement. Planning a wedding = hard, planning in a pandemic = harder. One thing I loved about Yvonne is that she handles stuff under the radar and doesn't involve you unless completely necessary. She made our vision for a small wedding come to life. The day of, she ran the show, dealt with our families, and it was amazing to have her as an ally- she was totally committed to me and my fiance getting what we wanted from the day. We are so grateful and I can't say enough good things!
    Priya S. Married on 09/05/2020

Wedding planning/Day of coordinator

I found Yvonne's blog online after researching local vendors. Her aesthetic style is pleasing to the eye and her organizational skills were obvious. Having met her at the later stage of my wedding planning, I did not require her planning skills. Yet she was open to any questions I had about ideas/suggestions for the wedding. Yvonne also helped me decorate my sweetheart table and was flexible as we had to change it from indoor wedding to outdoor wedding due to covid. The last month of the wedding, she asked for all the information and then only contacted me if necessary. One of the vendors gave her some trouble but she handled it well. She pitched in when necessary and I could not have asked for a better person for the job. She and her assistant lindsay paid close attention to detail as they set up the reception space. She also boxed everything up at the end of the day and I did not having anything to worry about. I would recommend Yvonne to any of my friends and family.

Thank you Priya!
    Working with you and Harshil throughout this pandemic was a pleasure. You handled the challenges presented to you with grace and in the end had a most beautiful celebration with family and friends!
  • Rose
    Rose R. Married on 04/11/2020

Excellent Wedding Planner!

Yvonne and the Unique Melody team helped us plan our dream wedding. From the beginning of our process through wedding day details, Yvonne made it easy have the wedding we wanted. Everyone had told us how stressful planning a wedding could be, but she made the process fun!

The ceremony we envisioned required extra coordination and creativity, and she turned all of
    our ideas into more than we could have imagined. She did an exceptional amount of behind the scenes work with all of our vendors – from the lighting to the band to the caterers – without us having to worry about all the logistical details. On the day of, she made sure everything went smoothly and that we were calm and stress free (or at least as stress free as can be). As a bonus, all of her vendor recommendations were locally owned and operated.

Thank you, Yvonne and Unique Melody!

Unique Melody Events & Design's reply:

Thank you Rose! It was such a pleasure working with you and Austin to create your vision. I also had fun and will always remember the most creative father daughter dance!
    Kara K. Married on 09/01/2019

Truly the best day-of coordinator we could have asked for

In a single sentence: If you are at all considering wedding planning or a day-of coordinator, Yvonne will make your wedding day flow perfectly. In our experience, she and her Unique Melody Events team were over-the-top fantastic. From our pre-wedding phone calls to her incredible work on our wedding day, Yvonne was a warm presence who handled every detail with professionalism, care, and confidence. She took the reins so that we could focus on what was most important: being in the moment, surrounded by loved ones. We would recommend her and her team to anybody, without a second of hesitation.
    Louisa Married on 08/24/2019

Yvonne was amazing!!!

We hired Yvonne as our day-of coordinator for our wedding this past August. Truly the best decision we made in the whole wedding process! Yvonne was so on-top of everything, flexible, go with the flow, and super efficient. She made the day run so smoothly so we could just enjoy our wedding! Our wedding was at a camp with limited infrastructure in place for the event (very DIY). She was the glue that held it all together, and we can't recommend her enough. Thanks so much Yvonne for making our wedding so special!

Unique Melody Events & Design's reply:

It was an honor and a pleasure! I loved working with you and your amazing families. My favorite part was standing in the middle of the camp and gathering all the families for photos. I fulfilled my dreams of being a camp leader/organizer!
    Sue Married on 06/15/2019

Mother of bride

Yvonne was amazing!
    I don’t know what we would have done without her, she took care of everything and let me relax and enjoy my daughter and her husband’s special day!
    I would highly recommend her for a wedding coordinator!!
    Elise Married on 04/28/2019

Yvonne is literally AMAZING!!

Yvonne made our wedding dreams a reality. From the day we met her, her warm go getter personality was one we needed to make our wedding happen. She helped calm us and reassure us when needed, answered any and all questions we had during planning, and delivered the most beautiful setup and flow for our big day. I honestly don’t know how she does it all, but she is simply, amazing. Our day wouldn’t have been as smooth and successful without her!

Unique Melody Events & Design's reply:

It was such an honor and a pleasure to work with you and Ben! You are an amazing team and I wish you the best adventures together!
    Vanessa Married on 04/10/2019

Wow I love Yvonne!

I was having trouble finding a wedding coordinator who I connected with. There are so many stuffy ones and I needed someone who was normal and just got it. My photographer recommended Yvonne and I knew instantly she was perfect! She was always calm, organized, and 10 steps ahead of the game. I was able to totally relax and enjoy the wedding because I knew everything would look exactly how we wanted and that everything was taken care of. She also handled installing all our lighting and it was fabulous! Yvonne and her team are the best!
    Laura Married on 06/15/2018
    Hiring Yvonne as our Day-of-Coordinator was perhaps the best decision we made in the whole wedding planning process! We are pretty low key people and she helped us to have the chill, low-stress wedding day that we wanted. Yvonne went above and beyond, meeting with us to walk through the venue with the caterer, helping us come up with a timeline, communicating with vendors leading up to the day of, wrangling our families at the rehearsal, setting up and breaking down our decorations, and coordinating the wedding day flawlessly! Our venue said that she was the calmest, most relaxed wedding coordinator/planner they had ever interacted with. She is incredibly competent, level-headed, kind, and easy to work with! We had an absolutely perfect, stress-free night, and Yvonne was a huge part of making that happen!

Unique Melody Events & Design's reply:

It was an honor to work with you and Stephen! I loved how personal your wedding day was. Bringing it all back to where it started at such a meaningful place for you made the celebrations all that more special. I am glad that we were able to make it smooth and relaxed for you and your guests.
    "Fair winds and Following Seas!"

Yvonne
    Meagan Married on 10/20/2017
    Yvonne and her team were absolutely amazing to work with ! Not sure what I would’ve done without them! They made my wedding stress free and I️ was able to actually enjoy myself and have fun . I️ highly recommend them for all your planning and coordinating needs.
  • Valerie
    Valerie Married on 10/14/2017
    It's always hard to put your vision in someone else's hands.. especially being a fellow designer yourself. But choosing Yvonne, to not only put together my vision and all my Diy decor along with coordinating my wedding.. was the best decision ever..! She was on top of everything... and I mean everything!!! Being a bride is nerve wrecking, especially with so much responsibility and the rush of everything going on, you forget to breathe or even eat. Yvonne was just on top of it all.. she made our day go smoothly, she decorated our ceremony area and hall as envisioned. Everything was perfect.. I would highly recommend her for all events.. She is very talented..as is her assistant. They are a great team!!! You will not be disappointed in your choice.. I know we definitely were happy with our decision and glad to have met such a great person.. I felt like we knew each other forever.. I hope for the opportunity to work with them again.. and I will definitely look forward to it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your time,patience and hard work...
    Liz Married on 09/09/2017
    Yvonne was simply amazing! From the initial contact and all the follow up, her professionalism and execution left nothing for want. We wanted to have our wedding at our family farm, which required more planning than a typical venue, and she was lock-step with us the entire way, from an early visit to scope the property and plan logistics, to suggestions for vendors along the way, to ultimately delivering a fantastic, unforgettable day for our 180+ guests. She made the day run so smoothly, corralling people into the right places at the right times (which was a feat given our venue had multiple rooms and lots of outdoor space), while making sure my now husband and I were taken care of and felt great. I cannot describe how thankful I am to have had her help on our wedding day, and would absolutely recommend her to anyone getting married in the area (or who is willing to fly her out) :)
    Justin Married on 09/02/2017
    I was the DJ at a friend's wedding and Cally went above and beyond what she needed to do as the planner. She was professional, helpful, and kept everything and everyone organized. 10/10. Hero status.
    Mike Married on 08/26/2017
    We hired Yvonne and Unique Melody for day-of wedding coordination services and are so glad we did! From our first phone call we knew that Yvonne was a professional and she immediately demonstrated attention to detail, asking us about our plans and vision as well as questions we hadn't even thought about ourselves yet. When it came to the month before our wedding, Yvonne was an active contact with our vendors and musicians and made sure that we had everything covered and ready to go. Throughout the entire wedding day Yvonne and her assistant Iliana took care of so many details, from bringing tablecloths and arrangements to the venue, to setting up the place card table, and putting finishing touches on the chuppah. Once the guests arrived, she kept everything running on time and interfaced with all of our vendors, troubleshooting a few unexpected things that came up along the way without missing a beat. Yvonne made sure that, after all of the hours we spent planning, preparing and, perhaps, stressing out, we didn't have to worry about single a thing from the start to the end of our wedding day.

We cannot recommend Yvonne and Unique Melody Events enough. Thank you for helping to make our day stress-free and fun!
    Antonia Married on 06/03/2017
    Working with Yvonne was an absolute pleasure. We hired her as a day of coordinator. She met with us twice in person before the event and was in touch via email about planning, updates, and vendors as we got closer to the day. Yvonne was also great about asking us questions about things we did not even think of. Very important questions! We had total peace of mind the day of the wedding knowing that Yvonne and her assistant Iliana were there to keep everything on schedule and to also remind us that we were married :) They helped with packing up decorations at the end of the night, so we were relieved just knowing that they were there to make sure all of our stuff was safe and put away until the next day. They also helped with setting up the room and decor. I would highly recommend working with Unique Melody Events. They are experienced and know what they are doing. And, they are nice, friendly, professional, and more affordable that other day of planners we looked into. Don't waste your time looking for other planners, go with Unique Melody Events!

Unique Melody Events & Design's reply:

Thank you Antonia for the kind words. We enjoyed working with you as well! You were a rock star bride, and all of your plans for the day made a beautiful celebration!
    Emily Married on 05/27/2017
    Yvonne and her assistant, Cally, were wonderful to work with as day-of coordinators for our May 2017 wedding. Everyone kept telling me I was SO RELAXED for it being my wedding day - I can honestly say this is not because I’m a super-chill person usually, but because Yvonne and Cally were taking care of all of the things I would have normally been freaking out about. They went above and beyond to make sure we were prepared and taken care of on our day.

We first spoke over the phone, and then met over drinks once, skyped once, and took a visit to our venue a month or two before the wedding. Yvonne is obviously very experienced, and she was able to quickly understand the vision and vibe of our wedding. My husband and I did most of the planning ourselves, but they were able to make sure we didn’t overlook any important details, as well as offer a few suggestions that we would never have thought to even consider. It made us feel so good to know we were in good hands.

By the day of the rehearsal, we completely handed over the rest of communication/coordination with vendors. For those two days, we didn’t have to think logistics at ALL. We were able to fully enjoy the wedding festivities. The best part was that their behind-the-scenes work was quiet and efficient - they didn’t make it all about them or even make their presence known very much. And yet, there were so many little things they were attending to all day long. Without them, I would have been running around frazzled and not at all relaxed. Everything ran smoothly, we stayed on schedule, and any small issues were troubleshooted without us being interrupted. Hiring Unique Melody for our day-of coordination was BY FAR the most important decision we made for our wedding. Don’t try to do it all on your own!!
    Amanda Married on 05/27/2017
    I would not have been able to do any of this without the help of Yvonne! Yvonne and her team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect, smooth, and stress free. She literally took all my stress away. Any time something came up Yvonne was right there to make sure it got completed and that it happened on time. Yvonne and her team were extremely professional, knowledgeable, and friendly to our guests. I would highly recommend hiring Yvonne and her team to help plan your wedding day!
    Jordana Married on 04/27/2017
    Yvonne is absolutely amazing! She made our dream wedding come true! She was such a pleasure to work with - she's professional, caring, insightful, and very detail-oriented (and when it comes to weddings, details are everything!). Yvonne genuinely cares for you and your spouse. We really felt that she wanted us to have a perfect and truly special wedding day.

Best of all, not only does Yvonne gets things done, but she also goes above and beyond her responsibilities - she's always thinking 10 steps ahead! We wouldn't have survived our big day without her! We highly HIGHLY recommend her for your wedding needs. We loved her - and we're sure you will too!
    Kelly Married on 09/16/2016
    Being in the hospitality business myself, I was looking for a day of coordinator to set up our DIY pieces, arrangements, and details. I was given Yvonne's business card through another professional and from the first phone call knew she was the right person for the job! I shared my vision with her and trusted that she would bring it to life the day of the wedding. I have to say, it was even more than what I had hoped! She did a tremendous job and the venue looked amazing! She was courteous, professional, organized and I could tell that she truly has a passion for what she does. I would highly recommend her for any event! Her attention to detail is unparalleled, and I had such peace of mind knowing that she would be at the venue coordinating all of the details. Thank you Yvonne, for bringing my vision to life and being such a pleasure to work with! You helped make our day so very memorable and unforgettable!