Unique Events Reviews

Unique Events 5
Unique Events 6
Unique Events 7

Sara · Married on 10/31/2009

I couldn't be happier with how Unique Events and Andrea helped us on our wedding day. We booked the site a year before the wedding and Andrea was always in contact with us throughout the year for every question I had. We were fortunate to be able to hire her and her staff to completely decorate the reception venue with our decorations for us as well and it was gorgeous!!!! Everything revolving around the wedding and rehearsal went so well and was so organized it was easy to relax the day of and just focus on the marriage and not the little details. I keep joking with my husband that I want to do it all over again!!!

Sent on 01/05/2010

courtney · Married on 10/03/2009

Thank you for all the hard work you did for us. You were a true blessing to me on my wedding day!

April · Married on 09/11/2009

Be patient and flexible if possible. Consider all suggestions but don't let anyone talk you into doing something you don't want to. Family members can be good at this.
    Create a good relationship with your coordinator to ensure a perfect day. Try to use vendors that are suggested by your coordinator since they are probably use to working with eachother already.

Naomi · Married on 05/10/2009

Andrea was absolutely fabulous!!! I had no idea what I was doing when it came to planning a wedding, but Andrea made the entire experience easy and enjoyable! She was always available to assist me when I was confused or freaking out about something. I would definitely recommend Andrea and Unique Events to my friends!

MEGAN · Married on 11/17/2016

Jessica was great to work with!!

I hired Unique Events as recommended to me by other vendors in the area around my venue (as I was an hour and a half away). I really needed help coordinating the rehearsal because the officiant wouldn't be able to join us, and I needed help getting the venue decorated the day of the wedding. I chose the "Day of" package and worked solely with Jessica. I contacted her months in advance to book. It took some time to get a hold of her to ask questions and book them, but after being booked, I had no trouble reaching her and she was always quick to respond! Because I didn't need vendor or contract help, they were willing to negotiate the price, which I was grateful for!

Being a very organized bride, I had done a lot of the work for her ahead of time, but the things I didn't know how to do or could not do for myself because I would be getting ready, I completely trusted her with. She did not disappoint!! My reception and ceremony venues changed 24 hours before the wedding due to weather and I trusted her completely to still help execute my vision. She was very sweet, helpful and accommodating. I would recommend working with Jessica to other brides who need someone to help execute their wedding vision on their wedding day!!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Unique Events's reply:

Hi Megan, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. It was a pleasure to work with you!

Danielle · Married on 01/02/2016

We had our wedding planned by Andrea and it was nothing short of amazing! Andrea made sure we were on top of everything we needed to do as the months went by and helped us get every detail in order. Everything went smoothly the day of because she was directing all the details. She was everywhere and invisible all at once and I didn't want for anything the day of. Most importantly she made sure my mom and I were happy the whole way through!

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Unique Events 8

Jerome · Married on 07/26/2014

We enjoyed our event. The food was great and the service was excellent.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Unique Events's reply:

Thank you Jerome. It was our pleasure!
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 05/26/2013

If there is any possibility that you might hire Andrea to help with your wedding, you should do it! Our wedding was phenomenal, and Andrea is a big reason why. She truly went above and beyond my expectations.

From the beginning, she answered all of my questions promptly and in detail. (It might take her a little longer than some other vendors to reply to e-mails in the beginning, but honestly, it's a small town and she has kids. When the wedding was less than a month away, she replied to everything immediately.) She keeps very detailed notes of everything you want and does her absolute best to give you the wedding YOU want.

A few days before the wedding, she made sure we had tablecloths and everything on all the tables so we could begin decorating. She was there throughout our rehearsal to make sure everything went smoothly. And on the wedding day, she was there the entire time, from the very beginning until the last guest had left. She made sure the ceremony ran smoothly and helped everyone be exactly where they were supposed to be. When I entered the reception, she came up to me and my husband and personally got our drinks for us, which was such a nice touch.

I cannot say enough good things about Andrea. She is incredible. Thanks, Andrea!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Erin · Married on 07/30/2011

Andrea was the best wedding planner I could ask for. She was calm about everything and made things organized and easy. She covered all the details that we messed up or forgot about on the big day!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Tori · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband and I had been trying to get married for 6 years. A friend recommend Andrea to us. We hired her, and paid for the full package, which is worth it. She made my day special for me, and I am sure there were hiccups. However, they were either handled or taken of discreetly since I didn't hear of anything. Thanks for making my day everything I could have hoped for Andrea!!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Andrea was wonderful! I did not have the easiest planning experiences with family and losing two venues. We hired her after losing our first venue and she kept me calm and said not to worry. We did not meet until the day before the wedding and worked all over phone and emails. She was professional, kind and caring. My wedding was absolutely perfect and she kept everything in order and under control. I would recommend her to anyone!! ?

Sent on 04/29/2015

Rebekah · Married on 10/04/2014

Andrea with Unique Events was absolutely fantastic! We found her only 2 months before the wedding and choose to use her "day of" package. We are so so glad that we made this decision! The day of the wedding was hectic, and I found out after the event about a bunch of things that happened which Andrea addressed without any of us even knowing! Having the wedding in the middle of no where, with about 90% of guests traveling in, there was lots of coordinating to do - but she was so very helpful. She helped with little things and the big things, never questioning a thing we needed her to do! She is also local to Blairsville, GA so she was a great source of information about the area for myself and guests. She always provided great suggestions and was on point with every one of them. Again, I am so so glad that we choose to work with Andrea and Unique Events. Pick her and you will NOT be disappointed! She can provide you with my email or cell if you have any questions regarding a recommendation.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Cara · Married on 05/17/2014

Andrea was absolutely everything we hoped for in a wedding coordinator! Our musician had to drop out two days before our wedding, and she was able to step in and find a fabulous replacement for us! She was very organized and asked all the right questions. She was such an asset and worth every penny!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2012

Andrea did such a great job helping me plan my dream wedding at Southern Tree Plantation! She is all about making the bride happy and I'm so glad I had her help. We had a little miscommunication regarding how many tables we needed, but the day of, Andrea was really helpful in getting everything resolved. She makes from the rehearsal to the wedding day as smooth as possible! I've been in weddings that don't have a wedding planner and it's just chaos, so I'm really glad I picked Southern Tree and had Andrea's years of expertise to help me out!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Michelle · Married on 09/04/2010

Andrea at Unique Events was just a gem! I wouldn't have been able to do it without her. And Southern Tree Plantation is a well kept secret treasure in Georgia. It's beautiful! But even with all of its beauty, it was Andrea that made us decide to get married there. She was wonderful and patient. She always had such a good attitude. The catering there at the site was delicious, at least that's what the guests said (we didn't get a chance to eat very much - ha,ha). I highly recommend Unique Events! :)

Sent on 01/14/2011

3.5

My only concern was after sitting and planning the seating arrangement for during the ceremony - it did not end up how I wanted it. Other than that, the venue, the service, the friendliness was amazing.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Emily · Married on 10/16/2010

Unique Events was the best "bang for the buck." Andrea was very professional and has clearly done this many many times but was realistic about keeping the budget in mind. Her attitude was positive and was quick to respond to questions. She helped guide the wedding planning process, was flexible with our requests and had control of our rehearsal ceremony.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Shawn · Married on 09/07/2013

Andrea was fantastic! Everything worked out perfectly thanks to her insight, organizational skills, and management. She helped us organize a very nontraditional (for the area) wedding that was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Unique Events's reply:

Thank you, Shawn, for taking the time to review our services. It was truly a pleasure working with you! Best wishes to you and Jessie!

Debbie · Married on 05/07/2011

This is a beautiful place to have an outdoor wedding! We were married at the tree plantation in Blairsville in May of this year and we could not have asked for more when it came to the scenery, the ease from ceremony to reception, the food was great and the whole day came off without a hitch...Everything I asked for was ready and beautiful! Very professional and all went smoothly!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Christina · Married on 06/12/2010

Andrea was very helpful in my wedding coordination. Specifically the day before and the day of.

Sent on 10/21/2010
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 07/28/2017

I planned my wedding from California, so Jessica was essential to helping me get answers to vendors who were not as responsive. I had a lot of detailed touches to the look of my wedding, so it was vital to have someone who knew the area and had connection with local businesses. I also had a lot of obstacles that came up at the last minute including flooding and a wasp infestation at our ceremony location! But after everything was set up and the ceremony began, I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was even willing to keep making phone calls after the wedding - like when the rental company didn't come back and pick up the rentals or when my photographer took 4 months to get my photos without any communication. This was with the day of coordination only. I would have paid more if I had known how challenging it was going to be to plan a wedding in the middle of nowhere. But the help I received was very generous for what I paid, and I recommend the company wholeheartedly!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Unique Events 18

Ileen · Married on 11/27/2015

4.2
      3.5

We booked Jessica with Unique events in Feb 2016, our wedding was Sep 2016. All of our coordination was done via email because we were in Florida and our wedding was in N. Georgia. We never got to meet Jessica before an hour before the wedding but she pulled off everything amazingly. The price of the vendor included a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and a perfect boutonnière for my groom. She booked 5 Pedals photography; Brooke was amazing. We didn't get to see the wedding proofs but 3 weeks after the wedding. I wished to been able to meet with Jessica more than an hour prior to the event; but everything worked out very well.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Unique Events's reply:

Hi! Thank you for your review! The package you booked is perfect for a more intimate wedding! That package usually doesn't get a pre-planning meeting, since it's mostly couples from out of state. However, it turned out so great! We are so glad you enjoyed it!

4.2
      3.0

She was great with helping us find vendors even though we just hired her for day of services. she did seem to get a little flustered with us at times but we can be a loud group. Overall we would recommend her again. Great value when compared to others. I do wish she had helped more the day of before the wedding making sure everything was on schedule, with hair, photos etc.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Alicia · Married on 06/25/2011

3.8
      3.0

All in all it was great! The food and service was really good during the reception, but during the ceremony we discovered that the sand ceremony had not been opened and was not ready when it came time to use it. Some of the bridesmaids had to open it during the prayer. We was very disappointed with that.

Sent on 06/30/2011

Alison · Married on 06/10/2017

3.2
      2.5
      2.5

Jessica was my wedding planner at Sugarboo Farms this Spring. She was helpful because we live so far away, and she definitely knew the area and the property, but there were a few things she could have communicated better. Generally, I felt like I was asking a lot of questions, and some of the answers provided turned out to be inaccurate. She also brought an assistant along with her to my wedding without mentioning that she was going to do that. None of my complaints are deal breakers, but they add up to some dissatisfaction with the service when considering its price. I don't regret hiring Unique Events, but there could be some improvement. I sent Jessica a follow-up email, and she hasn't responded. Feel free to message me if you have more specific questions.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Unique Events's reply:

Hi Alison, thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. way into my inbox. We would like to ask what information or advice was wrong that
    was given to you? We use the same information for each wedding at Sugarboo, and we want to update our information if it is no longer valid. Your input on that would be highly appreciated.

As for the assistant, our intern, We do apologize that you did not like the extra help. I always try to mention "we" in the planning meetings just because she accompanies us to every wedding to learn, but also to help when needed, taking care of extra things such as trash and cleanup, that way it relieves friends and family from doing that.

I also wanted to clarify that the package you received was one in person meeting, followed with vendor contact and review, and mainly the day-of coordination and rehearsal. So I wanted to see if that was what you received or there was lack in the day-of Coordinator, since that is what the package is? All of your detailed feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking your time to review us and we would love to update our information for future Sugarboo brides.

Kind Regards,