Unique Cakes Reviews

1 User photo

Unique Cakes 1

Missie · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful experience !!

My wedding cake was as beautiful as it was delicious!!! Marilyn was an absolute delight to work with!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Jessica Carroll · Married on 06/23/2018

Amazing experience

An absolutely amazing experience from start to finish. Even a year later, our cake taste divine.

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Unique Cakes 2

Kimberly · Married on 04/27/2018

Absolutely AMAZING!!

This company is a pleasure to work with. We started off doing a very cute little tasting allowing us to choose our favorite combo. There was never any issue through out the whole process. Our cake turned out perfect and tasted delicious!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Valerie · Married on 10/21/2017

Great experience as always

Our cakes have always been beautiful and delicious we use Unique Cakes for all of our special occasions and can’t say enough good things about them!

Sent on 07/23/2019

ROMAYNE · Married on 11/05/2016

Unique cakes are beautiful and delicious. Any design you can imagine, they can create. Unique cakes service from beginning to end is impeccable.

Romaine Flowers

Sent on 12/19/2016

Dan · Married on 10/21/2016

Joe and Marilyn were awesome to work with and super flexible with delivery. The cakes ordered for my Naval Academy Reunion were beautifully designed and decorated almost to the point that nobody wanted to eat them...almost. The taste was as exquisite as the way they looked superb! I would highly recommend Unique Cakes for your wedding, reunion or family get together.

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • I

Ireyon · Married on 09/03/2016

These cakes are amazing! Not only do they look beautiful the taste is phenomenal! The business is ran by this darling husband and wife team, they made my fiance and I feel right at home staring at cake tasting. I cannot wait for our wedding cake I know it's going to be delicious!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Anne · Married on 06/11/2016

Marilyn and her husband were awesome to work with! First we started off with our own private tasting. We picked the flavors, fillings and icings prior. Their individualized approach to wedding cakes made the decision to use Unique Cakes so easy! They were SUPER flexible with the design of the cake. My husband and I completely changed what we wanted just a few weeks prior to the wedding. When we saw the cake at the reception, it was exactly what we had wanted. I could go on and on about the cakes! Because Marilyn makes everything from scratch, literally every flavor and icing was perfect! The cake was gone before we knew it! I also had Marilyn bake us a dozen gluten free cupcakes for our guests with dietary restrictions! They didn't even taste like they were gluten free! Our guests were SO impressed! I would definitely recommend using Unique Cakes!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Ashleigh · Married on 10/17/2015

Marilyn and her husband are a dream team that created the perfect wedding cake for my husband and I. We wanted a unique cake and that is what we received! A stack of our favorite books! Our guests were even tricked into believing that's what they were. The cake is delicious and Marilyn uses fondant sparingly. She also made two cupcakes for me that were gluten, dairy, and sugar free for two of my guests that cannot have those things and they were still delicious! I highly recommend Unique Cakes.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/26/2015

From the first phone call Marilyn was super helpful. We had a wonderful tasting with my parents, step kids, and husband. The tasting was all about what we wanted and Marilyn photographed the whole thing. On the night of our wedding she provided us with a dvd of the photos taken at the tasting. Marilyn was very flexible. There was a mix up on our wedding date and she made sure she was still available on the correct date! The price of the cake was also very reasonable. The cake was absolutely stunning and delicious. The guests at the wedding even said they enjoyed the cake. We would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/30/2015

She designed our wedding cake exactly how I wanted it to look. The Red Velvet cake was delicious!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Marilyn did an amazing job. We could not decide on one cake so she made us two. One was a white wedding cake and the other was a tree cake with models of us to represent our Save the Date picture. Both of them turned out great. Her cakes truly are unique and custom and yet her prices are very competitive and reasonable for the DC area. She is also very prompt for the set-up time. Her attention to detail in her work really shows and really appreciated it. All of our wedding guests were taking pictures of both of the cakes because they had never seen any like them before.

Sent on 08/30/2015
  • wistsa

Sara · Married on 07/25/2015

We hired Unique Cakes/Marilyn to bake our wedding cake for our July wedding and are so glad we did! We learned of Unique Cakes from our wedding venue and loved working with them instead of a large bakery that churns out multiple cakes a day - Marilyn only takes one wedding a weekend. She accommodated two tastings for us (an initial one with my mom and me, and a second so my fiance and I could select the cake flavors) which are held in her home, and it was such a fun, laid-back, and easy process.

Before our cake tasting, I was on the fence about having wedding cake as the only dessert option during the reception, but as soon as I tasted the cake samples, I changed my mind. We ended up ordering enough wedding cake for all of our guests and planned a wedding cake bar featuring three different flavors. I know a lot of people think of wedding cake as bland, dry, and unflavorful, but Marilyn's cake is anything but. If every wedding served Marilyn's cake, no one would have a bad word to say about wedding cake! I wish there had been more leftover cake after the wedding so we could have enjoyed it even longer.

We had a very simple cake design (four tiers with buttercream frosting, decorated with a few peonies on top) but Marilyn can absolutely accommodate theme cakes or those with intricate details or unique designs. She's an amazing cake artist. You should definitely hire Marilyn to make the wedding cake of your dreams!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Carlos · Married on 06/06/2015

Marilyn was awesome and truly helped get us the cake we wanted. I'm very indecisive and Marilyn took the time to show us all options even options we hadn't thought of ourselves. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/24/2015

This cake was more than I could have dreamed of, actually she did dream it up for me. I really had a small idea of what I wanted but she always made me feel like she knew what that was and how to make it perfect! It went with my theme, and so many people commented on how great it tasted! We have even used her for other cakes. We had one made with the same flavors as wedding cake for out 1 year anniv. of buying our home because we couldn't wait till wedding to have it again. Beautiful work and would come back again for other events

Sent on 07/14/2015

Diane · Married on 05/16/2015

Our wedding cake was by far the best cake I've ever had. She was one of the best vendors we hired and we were looking forward to the cake during the entire planning process. We went with pistachio and an amaretti buttercream for half the layers and a white velvet cake with raspberry filling for the other half. Everyone loved it! The pistachio was our favorite and we can't wait to get the complimentary anniversary tier! Absolutely amazing. They made the cake tasting very personal and took the photos of cake design ideas I sent and made my vision come true even better than I could have imagined. Thank you!!!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Jane · Married on 05/09/2015

We were very pleased with Unique Cakes. They were professional, easy to work with and the wedding cake they provided was delicious.

Sent on 07/10/2015
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 05/02/2015

I highly reccomend unique cakes. Marilyn did an absolutely wonderful job on my wedding cake and it was to die for delious! A Big hit at the wedding im still hereing people comment about it. Marilyn takes the time to make your cake perfect. When we sat down at the cake tasting and went over how i wanted the cake to look i knew it was going to look great but the day of the wedding when i finally saw the cake it was even better than i imagined. Im so thankful for such a beautiful cake it just completed my perfect day. Marilyn takes care of everything so you dont have to stress about the cake. I cant wait to get our anniversary cake!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Marilyn's cakes were not only beautiful, but they tasted fantastic and were the moistest cakes I've ever had!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Christina · Married on 10/25/2014

The best wedding cake we tasted, it was still delicious 2 days later.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Betty · Married on 10/18/2014

My wedding cake was a hit! I had overwhelmingly positive feedback on how delicious it was. Not only did it taste good, but it looked amazing. Thanks to Marilyn and her husband, my cake turned out exactly how I had hoped. I absolutely recommend Unique Cakes for your next special occasion!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Alexandra · Married on 10/17/2014

Working with Marilyn at Unique Cakes was an absolute pleasure. Marilyn is so incredibly talented. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and it was better than I could have expected! Not only was the cake gorgeous, it tasted so fresh and everyone was raving about it!

The entire process was so fun and the customer service she provided was very personal. We where invited for the tasting you can see her amazing work, experience several tasting options, and they even photograph the tasting experience which is very special. We invited my parents and it was so fun to include them. She brought the cake to venue on the day of and placed is beautifully. After the wedding, you have an option to have a "anniversary" tier so you get a fresh small cake, just like the one on your wedding day, a year later. I think that is such a nice touch especially since we already ate the top :)

She is incredibly talented and while we didn't have a "grooms cake", I`m sure it would have been spectacular. The work she has on display was so detailed.

We had such a great experience with Marilyn and I would recommend her to anyone who is planning an event that requires a beautiful and delicious cake!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Katrina · Married on 10/10/2014

Unique Cakes did a fantastic job with our wedding cake. The cakes Marilyn makes are so moist and delicious and they look amazing! I would highly recommend her for any event. Thank you!

Sent on 02/03/2015

Caitlin · Married on 10/04/2014

Marilyn was an incredible find. I showed her a picture of the cake I wanted from Pinterest and she replicated it perfectly (plus it was ridiculously good!!). Her prices were reasonable and she was extremely professional and easy to get in touch with. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 03/02/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 09/06/2014

Marilyn and Joe are extraordinary. From our tasting, to the design, to our event, we were so impressed and happy :)

Sent on 03/01/2015