Union Station Banquets Reviews

44 | Northampton, MA

44 Reviews for Union Station Banquets

Ari R. · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Would've if I could've

We looked high and low for a wedding venue that was a reasonably-priced, good bang-for-your-buck sort of deal. We found that with Union Station! We loved each of our visits (great venue, great food, great people), and were thiiis close to choosing them. Only reason we didn't is because we decided to have our wedding closer to my parents' house. But every once in a while I still find myself wishing we had gone with Union Station! High reccomend!

Sent on 03/08/2020

Katherine · Married on 06/19/2020

Absolutely Incredible

I am truly at a loss for words as to how amazing this venue and Neil was. We were supposed to get married this past Friday June 19, 2020 at Union Station, but due to the Covid pandemic made the very difficult and bittersweet decision to simply do a small ceremony and reception on our original date in my aunt's backyard. Neil was nothing short of amazing. He was always very responsive to all our questions (which were quite a lot given the circumstances). He was incredibly accommodating, and even allowed us to do a second tasting when we couldn't quite decide which food choices we had wanted for our wedding day. We were so touched by how understanding he was throughout the pandemic. My now husband and I went there this past Saturday to officially "close that chapter" of our lives, and he was working that night and specifically came to our table and checked in with us multiple times, and congratulated us on our wedding that had happened the night prior. This is such a special and unique venue, and we are saddened that it couldn't be part of our wedding story but we would highly recommend this incredible venue and team to other interested brides!

Sent on 06/22/2020
  • Julia

Julia Schelp · Married on 12/31/2019

Wonderful New Years Eve Wedding

Choosing Union Station was the best decision we made for our New Years Eve wedding! We planned our wedding from our current home (Chicago) because we wanted to get married back home in New England, so we did a TON of research online to fit our needs (e.g. wedding can go past midnight, budget friendly, unique, etc) and ended up only looking at this one venue in person. At the time, Corey was the coordinator and he gave us a great tour and talked through his vision that really sold us. A few months later, Corey moved to another state and Neil took over as coordinator, and we’re so lucky Union Station filled this position with someone just as wonderful. Neil is detail oriented, professional, and experienced. He’s very involved the day of and everything went so smoothly.
    The venue speaks for itself. The vaulted wooden ceilings, the big fireplace, the exposed brick. The pictures make it seem beautiful, but just wait till you see it in person!

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 12/21/2019

Perfect Christmas Wedding

Union Station helped us pull off our dream Christmas wedding all the way from New Orleans! Neil and his staff did an amazing job and put me at ease throughout the whole process and especially during our wedding night.  We had both our ceremony and the reception at Union Station!

We met Neil and his staff for the first time when we flew in for our tasting. Our head waitress was so great during the tasting, my dad specifically requested her to be there the night of our wedding! AND SHE HAPPILY WAS :) Neil was super flexible with this whole process of planning from so far away. He was always very quick to answering my questions, letting us pop in for a quick visit if we were in town and dropping off our decorations a few days early!

Neil did an amazing job helping out this former teacher who sent him, yes... a 10 page file filled with screen shots of the venue, my decorations and placement of everything. For someone who likes to do all the setup herself, Neil most certainly brought my vision to life and seriously we had so many compliments with the set up.
    Speaking of compliments, THE FOOD! OH MY GOSH WAS IT DELICIOUS! Everyone was raving about how great their dinners were for the next few days. Even at the tasting it was so hard to narrow down our three selections.

Overall we were beyond thrilled with our wedding night and experience with Union Station. I will HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 02/27/2020
  • Molly

Molly Plankey (Paluilis) · Married on 10/26/2019

Best Wedding Reception!

We could not have been more pleased with our wedding reception at the Union Station! Neil and the staff at Union Station were extremely attentive and helpful throughout our whole planning process and wedding day. Neil is very responsive, easy to work with, and incredibly personable. He made sure that our wedding reception ran more smoothly than we ever could have imagined and us as well as all of our guests were beyond impressed! I would absolutely recommend the Union Station for a wedding reception. You will be in great hands with Neil and the rest of the staff!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Katie

Katie Place · Married on 10/19/2019

Flawless Venue and Service

We got married in October 2019 at Union Station Banquets and can not say enough wonderful things about this venue, and the staff who work there. Neil, the event manager, was very easy to get in touch with (and I contacted him a lot), and you could tell he really cared about making our wedding day special. Literally up until the night before I was making changes to our reception, and Neil carried out everything I asked flawlessly. I gave him creative license to help decorate the venue for our 1920's theme with the decorations we brought in, and he did not disappoint. The venue was stunning, the food is unbelievable, and the service was extraordinary. I highly recommend this venue, and if I had to do it all again I would make the same venue choice.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Sierra Wilcox · Married on 09/28/2019

Best day ever and best staff!!

Neil and the staff at Union Station Banquets were beyond amazing. They were so helpful during our year and a half long engagement and planning process. The weekend of our wedding we weren’t worried about a thing because we knew we were in good hands with them. The day of coordination went smoothly and we didn’t have any hiccups or issues. The servers and bar staff were polite professional and extremely helpful. We received many compliments throughout the night and the days to follow on how good the service was and how everyone enjoyed the delicious food. We had several people with dietary restrictions and food allergies and everyone was able to eat and enjoy their meals. I cannot recommend this unique space and it’s amazing staff enough for anyone who’s looking for an amazing wedding or event.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Arkady

Arkady Kamenetsky · Married on 08/10/2019

Union Station - our perfect venue.

We were shopping around for a venue with only 5 months remaining. My (now) wife and I reached out to a ton of places and were surprised how many were available in August, however Union Station's pictures looked incredibly inviting. We visited Neil and even though we considered other places, his hospitality combined with the old vintage charm of the place had us sold.

We also built a custom buffet and had an amazing tasting that really gave us a lot of confidence. Unlike many other places Neil was just a chill and cool coordinator who let us come early and set up shop. This is quite rare in the venue space. He coordinated our rehearsal and made sure the place looked homey and intimate. We got a ton of compliments after our wedding, the place is unique and special and our guests felt it. Everything from the finely tuned piano to the giant fireplace mantle, it just looks COOL. There is an upstairs suite for the bridal party that we took advantage of and our guests were loving the various 'sections' of the space. To top it off, after the wedding was over there was a ton of night life available for guests to partake it. Tunnel Bar is always a hot spot, but there are clubs and bars filled to the brim with locals.

Overall, we would highly recommend Union Station and Neil specifically. The value and quality of the food, drinks and coordination just cannot be beaten with anything that we found in our area (Boston burbs).

Sent on 08/19/2019

Melissa Taylor · Married on 08/03/2019

The most perfect and easy experience!

I cannot day enough how amazing Union Station was for our wedding day! Everything was absolutely perfect and a dream come true from start to finish! Neil was so accommodating and helpful. He answered all of my many messages promptly and his staff transformed the room quickly and to the best standard. They put out and cleaned up all our decor and the dinner service/food was spectacular! They were also very flexible with any changes that needed to be made like quickly changing our ceremony there due to weather. They handled it like it was no problem, and it was as if it was supposed to be there all along! The entire process from Planning, the tasting, meetings, and the big day we’re all so perfect and We are beyond happy with everything and cannot thank them enough for what they did to make our day so memorable! 110% recommend them!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Beth Duncan · Married on 07/12/2019

Winter Wonderland Wedding

Thanks to the Neil and his wonderful team our big day and wedding was everything we ever dreamed and more. I am an admitted control freak and as someone in the hospitality/wedding industry I have seen the worst of the worst and the best....or so I had thought. Union Station Events set a whole new standard in my mind for how a wedding should be run and has set the bar higher for professionalism. Everyone was wonderful, the staff was polite, professional, and friendly. The food was FANTASTIC and the bartenders were world class.
    I personally found my wedding planning process to be simple, easy, stress free and I feel as if I owe it entirely to Neil. He was always quick to respond to emails, polite but still approachable and friendly. You could really tell that he cared about his job and our big day. The already beautiful Union Station Event Hall was turned into a winter wonderland for our wedding. Everything was set up for us just the way I imagined it, only better.
    The beautiful vintage venue still remains a constant conversation point with our guests, a month later. Everything from the light fixtures, the brickwork, to the grand archways drip with grandure and old world romance. It leaves an impression on everyone who enters. Unlike many venues these days we felt that Union Station had an authentic historical uniqueness that left all of our guests impressed.
    I could go on and on but to summize I cannot recommend Neil and the Union Station event team enough. I think Union Station should be the obvious choice for any Bride or Groom looking for a less stressful wedding planning process with flawless service in an unbeatable atmosphere.
    Thanks Neil and everyone who made out day so perfect!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Kathleen

Kathleen O'Brien · Married on 06/15/2019

Awesome Venue!

My daughter's wedding was held at Union Station and it was absolutely perfect in every way! The venue is gorgeous, the bartenders and staff were so friendly and professional. The dinner was delicious! Neil was amazing and made sure everything was perfect! We are so happy we chose Union Station!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Joanna Kane · Married on 04/27/2019

Everything we wanted and more

After having been to countless weddings at country clubs, all weddings started to look the same. I knew that when it was our time to get married, we needed something different, something people wouldn't be expecting, and something our guests would actually remember. I saw Union Station Banquets online and knew it was the venue for us. When we toured it, we couldn't believe how much it fit our personalities. History, gargoyles, brick, and street lamps? Yes, please. Not only was it the perfect venue for us but our experience with with Neil the event coordinator was smooth and easy. Absolutely nothing went wrong, and I wouldn't have changed a thing about our ceremony and reception. Our guests are still talking about how elegant and cool or wedding was, how they haven't seen anything like it before. Just what we wanted!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 01/19/2019

Winter Wedding at Union Station

Where to start? We were married on January 19th at Union Station in Northampton and our experience could not have been better! Corey, the event director, is professional, attentive, creative, and so fun. He is an asset and helped us bring our wedding vision to life. On the day of, Corey kept our schedule moving smoothly and brought my new husband and I drinks, food, etc. He even fixed a bridesmaid’s zipper when it broke! Corey thought of every detail to make our day special.

When the bridesmaids arrived at the venue from the hotel, there was a charcuterie plate and champagne waiting in the bridal suite for us. Following the ceremony, when we were waiting to be announced to the reception, there were drinks and a plate of our passed apps brought up to the bridal suite for the whole party. It was awesome and so thoughtful!

The space looked absolutely incredible. While the architecture looks gorgeous on its own, Corey set our decor, uplights, and flowers in a way that brought the space to life. I heard over and over from our guests that Union Station was one of the most unique venues they had ever seen.

Finally, the food was just amazing. I am usually pretty wary of wedding food, but this food was like eating at a fancy restaurant. From the synchronized serving of plates (something my parents loved) to the special attention given to a friend with food allergies, every piece of the dinner was executed perfectly. My husband and I both had the hangar steak, which was delicious and cooked to perfection.

All in all, we could not be happier that we booked our wedding at Union Station. Thank you to Union Station for the best day of our lives!!

Sent on 02/02/2019

Shari · Married on 11/10/2018

You've found your venue - stop here!

Corey and the staff at Union Station made sure our day was above and beyond perfect! From our first tour with Corey, we felt heard and supported from vision, to budget to execution. All our guests were blown away by the space and the no little detail got past Corey and his team. Book now, stop searching - you've found your venue.

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2018

Venue of your Dreams

Where do i begin with Union Station, this place is absolute perfection. Corey guides you through the process with zero stress (which says ALOT coming from me). From our first meeting to the tasting to our final run-through meeting, everything was amazing. Our guests are still telling us how great the food and ambience were. Our wedding day went by without a hitch and I give full credit to Corey and the staff at Union Station. If you are looking for a venue with great food, amazing staff and the very best organization out there- look no further, you've found your place. Book Union Station now and you will NEVER regret it!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Alexandra Fioretti · Married on 10/30/2018

Perfectly Planned

The team at Union Station were extremely professional, and helped to think of everything that I did not! They gave suggestions that made everything easier and more streamlined then I could have imagined!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Dkilpatrick · Married on 10/26/2018

Union Station Venue

Corey the Event Director at Union Station is the most attentive professional I have ever dealt with. He always answered questions promptly and sometimes before we even had them. As the mother of the bride my wish was to just focus on my daughter and enjoy her wedding day. Corey handled every detail leading up to the wedding to make sure I got my wish. He even brought the bridal bouquets from the venue to our hotel so we could head out to take photos offsite without holding up our photographer. There is not one thing I would change about the all inclusive package that we chose except maybe cloning Corey to take home.

Denise Kilpatrick

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfection

I don’t even know where to begin because everything with Union Station was so perfect. The venue itself is absolutely stunning and so unique, our guests couldn’t stop commenting on how beautiful it was. Not only is it beautiful, but the all inclusive nature made planning a breeze, a huge weight off any bride’s shoulders. The food was absolutely incredible, our guests were raving about how it was the best meal they’ve had at a wedding. All in all, Union Station is a fantastic venue, but I can’t speak highly enough about the director, Corey Smith. He was so quick to answer any silly question I had, made planning SO easy, and did a beautiful job with all of the decor. He made sure all of my vendors were on the same page (even hand delivered flowers to our hotel), handled last minute changes like a champ and the timeline of the day couldn’t have been more perfect. He is absolutely AMAZING. Bottom line, you just can’t go wrong with Union Station for your wedding, I wouldn’t change a thing with our day. Thank you!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Alana · Married on 09/22/2018

Unique and beautiful venue for a wedding

We loved having our reception at Union Station! We researched a lot of other venues in the area, including outdoor ones, but ultimately loved the character of Union Station, and liked that it is right in the middle of Northampton, so people could walk from hotels or to bars afterwards. We also didn't have to stress about weather leading up to the wedding, which was nice. Corey was amazing to work with, very creative with decorations, responsive with questions, and patient with details-oriented family members. We planned our wedding from California, so it was really nice that everything -- food, cake, centerpieces -- was taken care of, but still nice to be able to go through local vendors for the flowers and cake. It felt more personalized and unique than other venues, which seemed a bit more like wedding factories. We had no regrets about having our wedding here, and I'd highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • O

O'Brien · Married on 09/01/2018

We had the most amazing day celebrating!! Corey did such an incredible job listening to what our vision was and then making it come to life!! Everything was beautuful, from the moment you walked in to the moment you left. The food was outstanding....guests are still telling me a month later that it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Our experience at Union a Station was perfect from the beginning. As soon as I saw it in person, the pictures don’t do it justice, I knew it was the perfect location to celebrate! I could not have been happier with the day!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Taylor · Married on 08/11/2018

We had our wedding reception at Union Station on August 11th, 2018. Everything about the experience was perfect and the staff went way above and beyond to give me the best day possible.

Corey, the event manager, was helpful and organized from the very beginning. He kept everything running smoothly, was generous with the station/open bar policies when he didn't need to be, and personally drove my grandparents to their hotel in the rain when our shuttle service did not show up.

The food was excellent and the venue was beautiful. I cannot recommend them enough. We had a wonderful time and can vouch for the fact that you'll get a great deal for the price if you have an event here. Best hidden gem for a reception in Western Mass.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2018

Our wedding reception at Union Station was truly magical. Corey, and the entire staff, went above and beyond anything I could have dreamed possible. I appreciated how receptive he was to fulfill my vision and appreciated every little detailed that was considered throughout the entire night. I did nothing but thoroughly enjoy the entire reception, and that is all I could have hoped for. From the very early stages of planning to the execution, Union Station was the absolute best and would recommend this location to anyone looking for a unique, beautiful and accommodating venue.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Chris · Married on 07/07/2018

Corey made our wedding day visions come to life. His organization and follow thru especially with the vendors made our day effortless. He took all the worries away. Looking back at our day we wouldn’t of changed a thing. Corey is an absolute perfectionist!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

The inside of Union Station is stunning which was great for us because we put minimal thought into day of decorations and still received plenty of compliments on what a beautiful and unique venue we had chosen. I believe all of their packages include floral centerpieces and a wedding cake, which we loved because we could still pick out these items according to our tastes but didn’t have to budget for either. In addition to the aesthetics, the staff was extremely professional and easy to work with. Corey was patient, polite, and helpful each step of the way. He was always quick to respond to our questions, handled some last minute changes for us with ease, and was present throughout our entire reception making sure our guests were well taken care of. The wait staff was also exceptional. We had quite a few guests with allergies and special dietary restrictions, and everyone ended up with a meal they enjoyed. We are so thankful that we chose to have our wedding reception at Union Station!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Sam · Married on 06/10/2018

Had my Daughters Graduation Party there and it’s was Exactly what I wanted. Corey and his staff were Fantastic. Food was Amazing! My guest had a blast and were delighted, they couldn’t stop talking about how good the Food and Staff were! We really had a Wonderful Time Thanks to Corey and his Staff.

Sent on 06/12/2018