Underground Artistry Reviews

Underground Artistry 6
Underground Artistry 7

Mary · Married on 05/18/2019

Beyond amazing

Coming from someone who rarely wears more than mascara, I was more than terrified to get my makeup done. I had the opportunity to work with Tara & JP twice! Once as bridesmaid and as a bride. I had phenomenal results each time. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Not only did they make me feel and look beautiful, Tara and JP made my bridesmaids and moms comfortable enough to just let them work their magic and they all looked so incredible. It didn’t matter how sweaty we got from dancing, all of our makeup lasted. Not only are these ladies talented, they are fun to be around which lessens wedding stress and you have a great time while getting ready. I highly recommend Underground Artistry!! ❤️

Sent on 06/07/2019
    Underground Artistry 12
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 04/27/2019

Tara is awesome!

Tara was amazing to work with! She did a trial about a week before the wedding, and after that I knew that I hired the right person. She was so friendly and professional, while still being extremely fun to work with. She did the makeup for most of my wedding party, and every single person felt and looked amazing! I would highly recommend Tara for your needs.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Carly · Married on 12/31/2018

Tara is amazing!

Tara is so talented! She made sure that she listened to all the girls and made them feel comfortable in their make up. She was super communicative throughout the entire process. Everyone looked stunning and their make up lasted all night. I would highly recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Underground Artistry 13
    Underground Artistry 14
    Underground Artistry 15

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2018

I used Underground Artistry for my wedding, and couldn't have been happier with the job that was done! Lee did the makeup for my bridesmaids, my mom, and I. We could tell how much she cared about making each of us look and feel beautiful, but also look and feel like ourselves at the same time. We will definitely recommend Tara, Lee, and the rest of the Underground Artistry team to others!!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

Lee did my makeup for my wedding along with my mom's. Neither of us wear much makeup normally, so it took a little bit of trial and error for us to find a look that we were comfortable with. Lee was very patient and accommodating with us. She did an awesome job of making us look look like a better version of ourselves.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Cailyn · Married on 09/08/2018

Tara is amazing, I'm not a makeup person, my daily routine doesn't consist of putting any makeup on so I was nervous about having my makeup done. Tara is so knowledgeable & knew exactly what to recommend, she did bridal makeup, 2 bridesmaids & mother of the bride & everyone couldn't stop looking in the mirror. The best part was that my makeup lasted all day, I fell asleep in my lashes and was able to wear them to our brunch the next day! Tara is worth every penny & has the best personality, she's so positive and uplifting .. exactly what you need on the day of getting ready!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Kate · Married on 08/04/2018

I chose Underground Artistry for my wedding makeup services and it was definitely the best decision! From the minute I locked in my date with Tara, I immediately knew I made the right choice. Tara is kind and listens to every question you have. She is extremely responsive and kept in touch with me for every question I had during the months leading up to my wedding.

On the day of the wedding, I had Elaine and JP on site for me and my bridal party. They are absolutely outstanding! They are so so nice, they arrived on time. They are super organized and clean and they do amazing work. I was in my love with my makeup and everyone looked so gorgeous!

Thank you to Tara, Elaine, JP, and the entire Underground Artistry team!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/25/2018

We booked Tara for our wedding this past weekend in New Hope, PA (May 25). She was wonderful. All the ladies, myself included, LOVED they way they looked. The quality was great. The style was fantastic. And Tara was very professional and kind. She took care of 8 women with ease. We couldn't be happier. I will recommend Tara to everyone!!! Thank you, thank you for making our dream day start on such a high note.

Warmly,
    Rebecca (from Los Angeles)

Sent on 05/28/2018

Sonia · Married on 03/10/2018

I learned about Underground Artistry because my friend hired them for her wedding. I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding, so I basically got my makeup trial during her wedding. All of the makeup for my friend's wedding looked stunning!

When I started to plan my own wedding, I knew for sure that I wanted to hire Underground Artistry for my makeup. Tara was amazing! Her prices are very reasonable and she gives you a complete breakdown of her services before you sign the contract. She was very helpful during the entire process, and she even offered to help me with potential lip colors for my bridesmaids.

On the day of the wedding, she came to the wedding site. We had 5 people, including myself, with a variety of ages, skin tones, and ideas about how they wanted to look. She listened to everyone's wants and needs and gave them exactly what they wanted. I wanted the bridal party and mothers to wear false lashes and some sort of lip color so that the pictures would look good, but other than that, they chose their look. Everyone looked amazing, and they were all very happy with the results!

For my look, I wanted to look glamorous but not too over-the-top. I normally don't wear makeup, and if I do, it's pretty simple. My husband prefers when I wear less makeup, so I also didn't want to go too crazy for my big day. Tara's services include airbrushing and false lashes for the bride. I splurged for the mink lashes, which were definitely worth it! They looked nicer than regular falsies, and Tara picked a set that worked perfectly. The makeup lasted the entire day, and I didn't have to touch up anything except my lipstick (totally normal). I felt so beautiful!! My husband even gave his seal of approval after our first look :)

Sent on 03/20/2018

Christine · Married on 12/15/2017

Tara worked her magic on my maid of honor and I on my wedding day. Very happy with the results and the pictures turned out wonderful. Thanks Tara!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Erin · Married on 09/23/2017

Tara is amazing! She did a fantastic job on my makeup for my big day along with my bridal party! I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Kirsten · Married on 09/16/2017

My wedding was in September, and had arranged for myself and my 3 bridesmaids to get our make up done. From the makeup trial all the way to my wedding day, they were phenomenal to work with. JP was fun, the girls loved her, and her work was amazing! I opted for the Mink Lashes too, and my pictures turned out phenomenal!! I could not be happier with my choice to have Underground Artistry do our makeup. It lasted all day and it was exactly what we asked for!! AMAZING!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Alyssa · Married on 09/15/2017

Saily was my makeup artist for my bridemaids, mothers and I . She arrived on time, was very personable and listened to what each girl wanted. Our makeup turned out AMAZING!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2017

I just had Lee as my makeup artist for my wedding and she was amazing! Not only did she deal with my crazy bridal party, her makeup lasted so long most of the girls rocked their eye makeup the next day too �. Also, Tara made the whole process super hassle free which was a huge bonus when planning the wedding! Thanks so much for making us look beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Nicole · Married on 04/29/2017

Tara and Elaine did the makeup for my wedding party and everyone looked absolutely stunning. I got compliments on my look from everyone!! I truly felt like a princess and Tara made me feel and look beautiful! Both girls were super nice and made the getting ready a blast!! If you need makeup done for ANY event definitely contact underground artistry! You will not be disappointed, they are AMAZING!!!! I cannot say thank you enough!!!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2017

Tara did my makeup for both my engagement shoot and then for my wedding. She also did makeup for all of my bridesmaids and both my mom and my mother-in-law. Tara is sweet and friendly and she listened to what all of us envisioned for ourselves; and for those that weren't sure, she made sure to take into account if they were daily makeup wearers/what they were most comfortable with. All of us kept saying how we wish she could do our makeup everyday! I couldn't have asked for a better makeup artist on the big day!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Cara Mia · Married on 02/25/2017

From the trial to the wedding itself Underground Artistry is absolutely amazing! Tara not only made my bridal party and I look absolutely flawless but she also kept the morning of the wedding fun and relaxed with her awesome personality! Makeup stayed on all night and I had a highlight glow that could kill! I will definitely book Tara for any makeup I need in the future and highly recommend Underground Artistry to any bride looking.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Laura · Married on 12/31/2016

Philly brides - you MUST book UA for your wedding. You won't regret it one bit. Tara was amazing to work with throughout the scheduling process and was easily one of the best vendors I had. I booked very far in advance (and I would recommend it!) and she never once made me feel like I was asking too many questions. JP and Elaine did my entire wedding party + mothers and knocked it out of the park. All of the girls were so extremely happy with both their makeup and the price tag. UA is so affordable and dependable. Thank you so much Tara & team!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Stephanie · Married on 11/19/2016

All 6 of my bridesmaids and I had our makeup done by Underground Artistry for my wedding day and let me just say everyone looked flawless!! She made me feel like the best version of myself. Even though I'm no champ with makeup she knew exactly what I wanted and matched colors perfectly to my complexion. I wanted a more natural look with a little drama on the eyes and she gave me just that. I would recommend Underground Artistry anyone for wedding makeup or makeup for any event or celebration.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Underground artistry did a great job ! I had Tara and she was amazing I got my makeup done for my best friends wedding and it looked amazing I got a lot of compliments on how different I looked and couldn't believe it or how it made me feel! My best friend told me to use Tara for my wedding everyone knew her and was very comfortable and it was easy for everyone ! I would definitely recommend her again she did a great job !! ??

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2016

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am I made the decision to choose Tara and her team for my wedding day! From the first time I spoke with her, Tara was so friendly and polite. I originally e-mailed her to discuss hiring her and she actually called me, which I found to be so personable and made me feel comfortable right away. The trial went great and Tara was so accommodating to any input that I had. She truly wants to create the look YOU want. On the day of the wedding, she and her team arrived promptly and got started right away. Myself, my sisters, bridesmaids and mother were all SO happy with the results. I can't imagine having gone with anyone other than Underground Artistry for my wedding day and I will be sure to recommend them to all the soon-to-be brides I know. THANK YOU, TARA! - Jen

Emily · Married on 10/28/2016

Tara and Kiersten did my makeup along with all of the girls makeup for my wedding and I could not have been happier with their work. They both worked with everyone to figure out their style and what they were comfortable with and worked from that. Prior to my wedding I had a trial with Tara where she took the time to go over all of my makeup options and come up with the perfect look for my wedding day, she even encouraged me to go with a bold lip which ended up looking great! I am already looking for another excuse to have my makeup done!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 10/09/2016

Working with Underground Artistry was nothing short of a joy. Tara was prompt, professional and helpful in planning the logistics and hooking me up with an artist, and JP was AMAZING! She listened to what each girl asked for, fit right into the laid back and fun day of getting ready, and everyone looked absolutely amazing. I would SO HIGHLY recommend this company for any make up artistry needs- they are not only hugely talented, professional and reliable, but a joy to work with! All expectations were exceeded!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/23/2016

Tara is hands down THE BEST! I am so happy I chose Underground Artistry. She made my girls and I look and feel so beautiful on my wedding day! It was a pleasure sharing the morning with her! I felt like one of my best friends was there doing my makeup. Before the wedding day, Tara made a schedule for the morning so we knew who was getting makeup done at what time. I'm a crazy planner, so I appreciated her attention to detail. My SIL also used her for her wedding. I can't say enough good things. Book her and her team now ??

Brittany · Married on 09/09/2016

Tara was amazing!! She was so easy to work with leading up to our wedding day, she responded to any questions I had so quickly. The day of she was incredible! Everyone LOVED their makeup and couldn't believe how great it turned out. We got married on an extremely hot day and she was so great at making sure we looked our best. My makeup stayed all night even through the (happy) tears. She calmed my nerves and even helped my bridesmaids with their dresses and helped with anything she could. I really cannot say enough good things about her!!

Sent on 10/01/2016