Ulysses Photography Reviews

Ulysses Photography 5
Ulysses Photography 6
Ulysses Photography 7

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2008

Jenni and Ulysses were absolutely phenomenal. My husband and I absolutely loved working with them, and would in a heart beat recommend them to anyone who wants to make sure they capture every important moment on their big day. Their personalities made our engagement session and our wedding day an absolute pleasure where they left a lasting impression on both of us, our families and guests. Their artistic aproach was unbelievable and the sneak peaks they gave us on our day made us anticipate what photos they had and would take. We looked through our online gallary while we were on our honeymoon and it felt like we were reliving our wedding day over again. We cried, and laughed, and sat their wondering how we would ever choose our photos for our album. The online gallary allowed our family members to pick and choose photographs for themselves and was a great convenience. A suprise for us was the book of proofs we received rather quickly, which allowed us to sort out our final decisions for our album, and the professionalism and prompt contacts reassured us that we would receive exactly what we anticipated. I cannot say enough about Jenni and Ulysses, and while we have seen a preview of our wedding album, we cannot wait to see the final product shipped to us from Italy. They were definately a great choice!!

Sent on 08/06/2008
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 12/09/2007

Just like I knew my husband was The One. We knew Ulysses and his wife Jenni, were The One's. Aside from the amazing work they have done to capture our Engagement and Wedding day like I never knew was imaginable, they become your friends. It makes it that much easier to become comfortable in front of a camera when you are so comfortable with them. We can honestly tell you that together, making the decision on choosing Ulysses to be our photographer was by far the easiest decision in planning our wedding.
    You get what you pay for with them. Exceptional work! Punctuality, devotion, great pictures. We received our wedding album about 5 months after our wedding. They are very professional and yet outgoing at the same time. They love seeing you have a good time through their camera. Working with them was amazing. I would HIGH recommend them.

Sent on 08/10/2008
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 11/25/2007

Not only is this husband and wife team a pair of gifted photographers, there are sweet and special people. From day one we knew Ulysses and Jenni were "it" and we wanted them for our wedding, but beyond that, they captured the happiness and joy in every moment from getting ready, to the ceremony to the intimate first dance. Not only were the hundreds of pictures amazing (there was not a single bad picture!), but the album is breathtaking. I feel blessed to have had such talented people capture our special day for us to remember forever.

Sent on 03/06/2008

Jamie · Married on 10/27/2007

Ulysses and Jenni went above and beyond our expectations in every way-- from their professionalism, attentiveness, and enthusiasm to an absolutely incredible finished album that captured the true emotions and beauty of our wedding day. Jenni and Ulysses truly take the time to understand each couple's personality, style, and vision for their wedding photos. The initial expense for photography may seem overwhelming but we would make the same decision again in a heartbeat! We are expecting our first child in October and already can't wait for our newborn portraits with Ulysses and Jenni!

Kylie · Married on 10/13/2007

Ulysses Photography was worth every penny. Photography was very important to me (as with most brides) and I wanted the best, and that is what I got. Jenni and Ulysses made my husband and I feel comfortable every time we took pictures. It was more like spending time with good friends. They even went above and beyond our wedding pictures- they came do to a photo shoot on our Honeymoon, and the pictures came out amazing. Emails and phone calls were all answered promptly. And of course, the final product was amazing. I gave them free reign on which pictures to put in our album, and they told the story of our wedding perfectly. I was THRILLED with every aspect of Ulysses photography, from start to finish. I would recommend them to everyone!

Jill · Married on 09/08/2007

They were without a doubt-the best photographers I've seen. Not only were they professional and fun, but they were also talented and creative. I am still getting comments on how jealous some other brides are of my pictures. We love them!!

Jen · Married on 08/24/2007

Jenni and Ulysses did an AMAZING job! It has been almost a year since our wedding and i look at our pictures everyday with amazement. They caught every ounce of emotion from our day and my husband and I are so thankful for that. When i look at the album it is like i am there all over again and it puts a huge smile on my face. I strongly recommend them to everyone I know, they are such warm kind friendly people and so easy to work with! I can't wait for the babies to come so we can do our maternity and baby pictures with them!

Your wedding is one of the most important times of your life, and it FLIES by so fast! The only thing your left with are memories and pictures, so make sure you choose right! Ulysses definitely gets our choice as the very best we know!

Rachel · Married on 08/18/2007

Jenni and Ulysses photographed our wedding in Manhattan in the summer of 2007. They truly took the most incredible pictures, capturing our wonderful day so brilliantly I could not have asked for anything more. And...our wedding album (with pictures essentially chosen and organized by them) is the perfect way to remember our day forever. Not to mention that they are also two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They were invested in making our day perfect. They were everywhere, capturing every important moment (from multiple angles), but I also did not ever feel like their pictures caused me to miss any part of my wedding. They are truly wonderful photographers, and I HIGHLY recommend them.

kerry · Married on 07/06/2007

Jenni and Ulysses are a fabulous team. From the moment that we met them, we knew that they were going to be our photographers. their pictures truely caught the essence of our special day. We were so grateful that we were able to have them share in ous r special day

Ann Marie · Married on 06/30/2007

Where do I begin... speaking on behalf of Ulysses Photography could be the easiest thing I have ever had to do. They are THE BEST (period). With every person I talk to that is about to get married, I always am so eager to recommend Jenni and Ulysses. They are the nicest people to work with and extremely talented. What more could you want?! My husband and I are so happy to have such amazing photos of our wedding around our house and love to show off our wedding album.

Cory · Married on 06/16/2007

Words cannot decribe how thankful we are that we choose Ulysses Photography. The are not only amazing artists but also 2 wonderful and caring people. They really set out to make sure you day is the best it can be so you as a couple are happy. Their work is out of this world. I promise it is like nothing you have ever seen. I love them.

Jesyca · Married on 09/01/2006

You couldn't ask for better phptpgraphers! Not only do they take amazing pictures & get the proofs back to you amazingly quick BUT the two of them have become like family to us. You will not meet 2 more talented, genuine people. Though we went way over our budget for the photography, it was WORTH every dollar. They have continued to be our family photographer and chronicled the birth of my son through his first birthday. These are photographers that are really indescribable. Take a look at their pictures...thats all it took for my husband (a very "thrifty" guy). When we left their studio, he said, "I don't care how much they cost, we need them."
    Those words have never crossed his lips again and more importantly, he is totally happy with our wedding album. Amazing amazing amazing work...and people!

Jan · Married on 07/28/2006

Jenni and Ulysses were everything we were looking for in photographers. They made us feel comfortable in our pictures, yet without them looking staged. If you are looking for a photographer that is going to capture the emotion of your day then look no further as Ulysses and Jenni are it!!! I keep trying to find excuses to use them again as I have never had as much fun as we did during both our engagement session and during our wedding. Even our guest after seeing the photos couldn't believe the pictures, and kept commenting how "you just never saw them, how did they get these magnificent photos". They were also great with helping on photo selection and speed of getting everything done after the wedding....they even kept me in line to make sure I had the albums in time for the holidays. I could continue to rave about them as they were our FAVORITE vendor from our wedding, if you are still in doubt just look at their website and see for yourself.

Meghan · Married on 06/17/2006

We loved working with Jenni and Ulysses. They managed to be both professional and fun throughout the whole process. During our engagement, they came up to Boston on a stop over from a family trip just to do our photo shoot on a beach near home. Their imagination and creativity made our wedding shots unique and spectacular. Our families are still talking about how great our photographers were and gawking over our album. Overall, they were more than we could have ever hoped for in photographers and we plan on doing any future shots with them.

Lynn · Married on 06/03/2006

These photographers were one of the best parts of my wedding day!!! Not only are they both Great but they really know what they are doing! They give a "warm up" photo shoot to get the bride and groom used to all the camera attention. The end result pics were just PERFECT!!! They really captured all of the special moments and did it all at flattering angels :) My husband and I had another photographer Diane Pell who backed out and suggested Ulysses and that was the best thing that ever could have happened!!
    I want another event to have Ulysses and Jenni at!

Heather · Married on 05/26/2006

Hands down this was our top wedding vendor chosen overall, and the best wedding planning decision we made ever was to cancel our original photographer after he no showed on our initial appointment & to go with our intuition that Ulysses & Jenni were the photographer team we wanted to shoot our once in a lifetime day when we met them.

There isn't enough space here for my to write about all the positives they brought to our wedding day - They were professional, punctual, detailed, and creative throughout the entire process. They are extremely talented at what they do, and have a passion for it - their innate joy for it only lends to your wedding day as it's clear they take seriously capturing such important moments of your life on film for you to have for the rest of your lifetime.

In the planning process, their solid expertise lends very well - they proactively help plan out the photography with you in the sense that they are willing to anticipate different events of your day and put a lot of forethought into how to shoot them. They made sure they were very familiar with our event site in advance so there was no guessing on the day of our wedding where we would shoot, it was clear they were very well planned ahead of time once we got to our wedding day which lends to your calm throughout your wedding day, which of course you don't want anything to stress you out that day!

They were very professional and detailed in their contractual agreements and explaining what we could expect fo their services up front, so there was no disappointment in services - we were all on the same page.

They made creative suggestions in our photography planning for a private hour of intimate shots immediately after our wed ceremony, something we would have never thought of ourselves, and ended up being the most touching and incredible photos from our wedding day, as they capture so well the emotion of the moment with their talent.

They are flexible on creating a package that works for your budget and needs. The final product of what they create is pure craftsmanship, they take very seriously the albums they produce, and we were so happy with our photos that we couldn't choose just enough to fit into one album, where we ended up having them create two albums! The quality of our albums is top notch, the choices you get in the materials - from color variations, to leather, to matteing, and the look to date we have never seen any wed albums comparable to ours, and people are awe struck when they see them. The image treatment work Ulysses does is exquisite!

In every step of the process they are not only available with answers to your questions at all times with quick responses which is important when you're planning as we were planning a wedding long distance, but they also follow through on your requests in a timely manner. They were the only vendor we had in this sense that gave me absolutely zero added stress when planning, everytime I spoke with them it was a breath of fresh air & I felt entirely confident in their abilities that we were in very capable hands.

Additionally, they produce your proofs for review and your final photos, and albums all on the timeline they commit to which is very reasonable. They never once didn't follow through on something they committed to. They have top notch customer service in that sense. These were the only wedding vendor we hired that I didn't need to manage or babysit to get things done, they are that solid in professional and timely service. I knew we could always count on them from day one, and they proved me right.

And the final point I'd like to make is just how sincere and personable and loving they are as people - they were an absolute joy to have by us every minute of the day during our wedding - they aren't overbearing, they know when to be in your face and when not to be at just the right time so as not to interupt your day - and when they are with you they are just a joy to be with, they made us laugh our entire wed day and we truly enjoyed sharing it with them, to the point we consider them friends & are still in touch with them today.

These are the only photographers you should consider in our book! They are worth every penny they charge for their work and then some.

Roseanne · Married on 05/20/2006

We found the website for Ulysses Photography on a local wedding website. We were amazed at the photographs on their site and the easy navigation-thier photos truly captured the moments. They were fabulous to work with and completely non-invasive. They made us laugh, they made us cry, and they gave us wonderful, lasting memories of our day. The album brought lots of 'ooohs and aaahs' as our family and friends reviewed it. And, Jenni and Ulysses treated us as if we were old childhood friends. Their creativity and professionalism is unsurpassed.

Sent on 07/31/2008

Mary Ann · Married on 05/14/2006

A picture is worth a thousand words, and having a beautiful wedding album full of pictures of that wonderful day is priceless! We can't thank Ulysses and Jenni enough for capturing not only the beauty, but also the emotion of that day in the most creative and unique way. They are both warm, caring individuals who view photography as an art, and the end product is truly phenomenal.

Sent on 08/05/2008

Stephanie · Married on 03/31/2006

Without a doubt, the best decision we made when planning our wedding. To be honest, initially we were a little thrown off by the price, but once we saw the quality in their work and how the other photographers started adding things up we took a deep breath and booked them. From that moment, it was an undeniably perfect experience. They are highly professional, extremely organized and two of the nicest people we have ever met. The pictures they took still take my breath away and I get countless compliments...still two years later. Simply not your average photographer...be prepared to be blown away by their creativity and personal touch!

Jamee · Married on 03/19/2006

Ulysses Photography was definitely our most fantastic vendor!!! They were exceptionally personable, professional and made us feel very at home in front of the camera. Jenni and Ulysses were able to capture candid photos that I know other wedding photogs would never have been able to (i.e. my uncle dancing on his ear during the hora). They were always accessible to me and were prompt with returning emails and phone calls. They gave us a deadline to pic our album photos and there were multiple ways to look at the proofs. We had our finished album in 3 months instead of the anticipated 6 months (my sister used another photographer and her wedding was over a year ago and she's still waiting for her album). Jenni and Ulysses were sensitive to the personal situation surrounding my wedding (my folks did not attend) and made the rest of my family feel comfortable. They were incredibly unobtrusive and in looking back at my proofs I have no idea how they were able to capture as many moods, emotions and ALL of the people at our wedding without interrupting and trying to get our guests' attention. They are fantastic and I recommend them to all the newly engaged people I meet!

Melissa · Married on 10/09/2005

It's been nearly three years since our big day, but everyone we know CONTINUES to rave and inquire about our unique wedding photos/album and our PHENOMENAL photographers: Ulysses and Jenni (Ulysses Photgraphy)! Their extremely professional demeanor and drive to accomodate our requests and answer our questions, their expert advice and helpful hints about all aspects of the event, the quality and creativity of their photos, the array of options they make available when it comes to the "finished product," and their reasonable prices make them UNRIVELED in their field! Both my husband and I had our share of let-downs when it came to certain wedding vendors (who doesn't?), but we can honestly say that we were nothing but overjoyed and extremely satisfied with every aspect of the service we received from Ulysses Photography. (It doesn't hurt that Ulysses and Jenni are also wonderful people with whom you'll find you become instant friends!) After working with Ulysses and Jenni you'll find you have much more than a mere set of photos that record an event; rather, you'll end up with a superior, unique and lasting photographic product that you and your family/friends will marvel over and enjoy whenever reminiscing about your special day!

Sent on 08/12/2008

Andrea · Married on 09/09/2005

Ulysses and Jenni are absolute professionals who take so much pride in their work. They were an absolute joy to work with. My husband and I planned our wedding from a distance, mostly over email, and Ulysses and Jenni were more than happy to oblige. They even put our pictures online extra-quickly so we could see them before we left for our honeymoon! Their work is gorgeous. We've been married for almost three years, and we still get so many compliments on our pictures and books.

Samantha · Married on 06/13/2015

Ulysses and Jenni are the husband and wife team you need at your wedding! From helping zip up bridesmaid dresses when we needed a man (Ulysses) to Jenni's ability to keep EVERYONE on track this dynamic duo exuded professionalism. From constant contact over the planning process of our wedding through e-mails and even Facebook, we felt that Ulysses and Jenni were not only our photographers but invited guests at our event and always find that whenever we post a photo of our post wedding adventures a like from Ulysses is not far behind! There was no better treat then coming back from our honeymoon, sad it was all over and that same day receiving our proofs online! You're wedding day will simply be better by having this lovely couple be a part of it, we hope to celebrate many more wonderful occasions with them in the future.

Sent on 09/03/2015

kimberly · Married on 08/10/2013

I never really paid attention to photographers until I got engaged. And just like every other bride, I was on a mission to find the "right fit." I got married at Catlin Gardens in August 2013, and Ulysses Photography was on the preferred vendor list. I gave Ulysses a call, as well as a few others on the list. Long story short-not a single photographer came close to the talent of Ulysses and Jenni! I just knew from our first meeting that they were it! These were the photographers we had been searching for! Ulysses and Jenni are a married team, and they complement each other beautifully! They make you feel so comfortable, and they are just a pleasure to work with!

From our engagement session to our wedding day, Ulysses and Jenni were on top of every detail. The quality of their work is amazing. They don’t produce artwork, they truly produce heirlooms! We will definitely use them in the future!
    Thanks for letting us relive our memories through the beautiful photos!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Dylan · Married on 10/01/2011

If you are searching for the best Hudson Valley Wedding Photgrapher then look no further than Ulysses Photgraphy. There services are in high demand and that's just proof of how great they really are at what they do. Seriously professional, Both Jenni and Ulysses have the ability to make couples feel extremely comfortable, which was paramount for us personally.

Referring them to others is quite easy because we were referred to them too. They consistenly rank at the top for professional wedding photgraphy services in New York and based on other reviews we read, it was a no brainer choice for us! We highly recommend Ulysses Photgraphy for any couple looking for high quality pictures that will last forever.

Oh, and although photography is their main offering, you also get some help planning, reminders of important deadlines when you need them, and most importantly, a heightened sense of confidence that all will go smoothly no matter what!

Sent on 07/14/2012