93 Reviews for Ulysses Photography

User Photos
93 Ulysses Photography Reviews

Simply the best. From the very beginning. They were literally like my wedding photographers and wedding planner in one package. From our initial contact, to planning our engagement shoot, to our actual engagement shoot, to our engagement shoot reveal, to planning our wedding timeline, to our wedding day, and now all of the beautiful photos they captured. Words do not describe how amazing they are, seriously...I don't have words. Obviously getting married was chartering new territory for my husband and myself, but working with Jenni and Ulysses made everything simple, seamless, and not to mention, BEAUTIFUL (if you don't believe me just head on over to their website and view their beautiful galleries). It is SO worth it to hire quality wedding photographers. After our wedding (and after our friends and family saw our online gallery) I can't even tell you how many people told me "I wish I had that from my wedding" or "how did they manage to take so many amazing quality photos, I didn't even see them taking our picture!" They are simply the best. Seriously. Thank you Jenni and Ulysses!!
Xo Jennifer

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Words can't express the pure joy and ease in which Ulysses and Jenni conduct their business. They are the utmost professionals and top in their field, and they have easily become a part of the family. Most people can agree that photography is one of the most important aspects to your wedding, and Ulysses and Jenni was the best choice that we could have made. The decision making process for packages and products were seamless, and their work speaks for itself. If anyone out there is on the cusp between Ulysses and Jenni or another photographer, no disrespect to anyone else, but choose Ulysses and Jenni!

Profile Picture Harvey, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I could speak for days about how much we love Ulysses and Jenni. They are a couple's DREAM vendor - super organized, helpful, accessible and genuinely excited for you throughout the planning process. You know you are in good hands when all of your other vendors rave about how much they love them as people and pros. The complementary engagement session was so much fun and a great way to get to know them and their style. On the day of the wedding they were a calming and reassuring presence and helped us deal with any kinks with ease. They blended in seamlessly and worked hard to capture all of the big and little moments. They were so fast to provide the proofs and the resulting product is thoughtful, unique, and natural - never cookie cutter or "standard" - and just so incredibly beautiful. The photos will truly stand the test of time and we will cherish and share them with our families for a long time. Thank you Ulysses and Jenni!

Profile Picture Lorie, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jenni and Ulysses are amazing!! They are amazing to work with and so on top of everything!! My wedding photos came out amazing!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We have known Jenni and Ulysses for years so when it came down to picking a photographer for our wedding we knew who to ask. They are the BEST!! They were able to take any part of our venue and turn it into beautiful scenery for each photo. The photos they took really captured our special wedding weekend!

Profile Picture Bernadette, 8/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

AAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGGG!!!!! Ulysses and Jenni are truly a dynamic duo! They're work is other worldly! As if their superb work wasn't enough, they are wonderful, friendly, just awesome people! Found a family photographer for life! Looking forward to grow my family with Ulysses and Jenni capturing every moment!

Profile Picture Jackie, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough about Jenni and Ulysses! The fact that they themselves are a married couple helped us feel so much more at ease with them...they are friendly, unobtrusive yet ALWAYS there when you need them! The photographs are absolutely stunning and they made everything so effortless for us! LOVE LOVE

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jenni and Ulysses have been part of my life for a number of years now and I was only too excited to book them for our big day. They always make you feel at ease and are truly and uniquely creative, these two things combine to create absolutely beautiful shots every time. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed if you choose these two wonderful people to capture your special day.

Profile Picture Tanya, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Let me just start by saying that my family wants to adopt Ulysses and Jenni. They are the coolest, sweetest, and most professional photographers I've ever met. Plus, they deliver the most gorgeous photos! My husband and I first met this dynamic duo at a friends' wedding a few years ago. We noticed how on point they were, and they noticed how fun loving we were on the dance floor. Instant connection. As soon as it was our turn to ring the wedding bells, we reached out to Ulysses and Jenni immediately. Since then they have done everything in their power to make our wedding the most magical and easy day of our lives. From the engagement shoot to the cake cutting, they were prepared, professional, and most importantly, fun. The photography was literally the least of our worries during the whole wedding planning process. Thanks again, Ulysses and Jenni, for being a part of our day and for capturing its beauty perfectly!!

Profile Picture Julia, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you want a husband and wife team that will make you look good on your wedding photos, then you want to book Jenni and Ulyssess! They are the best! Very personable, caring and loving. They want to make your day special and to make you HAPPY! The pictures are so AMAZING! You won't be disappointed! Book them ASAP because they are very popular and busy!

Profile Picture Maryellen, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jenni and Ulysses are a dream team! After looking at a vast number of photographer’s online portfolios, I kept coming back to Ulysses, as the photos were consistently beautiful. Looking at their online portfolio even helped my husband and I decide on our wedding venue. We first met Jenni and Ulysses at our meet and greet where they made us feel like we had been friends for years. The next time we saw them was at our engagement photo shoot, which I hadn’t even wanted to do because I thought it would be awkward. Jenni and Ulysses turned it into a fun day…which was not what I expected! We knew going into our wedding day that Jenni and Ulysses would be the vendor we could turn to with any questions/concerns, even if it had nothing to do with photography. They did not disappoint on our wedding day; arriving early, instantly clicking with the bridal party, and being always present yet unobtrusive throughout the night. The photos came back to us quickly and are more beautiful then we could have imagined. Couldn’t recommend Jenni and Ulysses more and hope to work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture User4485662, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I met Ulysses at our friends wedding that we were in. We loved how they worked, how friendly they were and the shots they got were amazing. They have an artistic photo eye. We stayed in contact with them for years on social media until it was or time to get married. They shot our engagement photos and our wedding, and we will to use them again for future photos. After explaining to them what we were looking for photo wise, they nailed it right on the head and we couldn't have been happier. I get comments all the time on my photos on how amazing they are and that our photographers are great and we couldn't agree more. :)

Profile Picture Jill, 2/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jenni and Ulysses are perfect. We loved their work before we ever knew their names, and we haven't seen anyone do a better job of capturing, in real time, the details that make a wedding day so special. They're able to translate movement and spontaneity through still images, all while making you and your loved ones look as vibrant and happy as ever in real life. They took time to get to know and understand us as a couple, and the proof is in the work - which is not only gorgeous but fast. Less than a week after our wedding, we were able to re-live the day through their lenses. Every couple in the world deserves to be as happy with their wedding photos as we are with ours.

Profile Picture Kiki, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ulysses and Jenni are the husband and wife team you need at your wedding! From helping zip up bridesmaid dresses when we needed a man (Ulysses) to Jenni's ability to keep EVERYONE on track this dynamic duo exuded professionalism. From constant contact over the planning process of our wedding through e-mails and even Facebook, we felt that Ulysses and Jenni were not only our photographers but invited guests at our event and always find that whenever we post a photo of our post wedding adventures a like from Ulysses is not far behind! There was no better treat then coming back from our honeymoon, sad it was all over and that same day receiving our proofs online! You're wedding day will simply be better by having this lovely couple be a part of it, we hope to celebrate many more wonderful occasions with them in the future.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had researched wedding photographers in my area and had looked at portfolios online. As soon as I saw the photos on Ulysses Photography's website I knew they were my wedding photographers. Their work allows the viewer to feel as if they are in the photos, to live that very moment. Ulysses and Jenni are truly artists. They are such a great team and are able to work together so fluidly to capture every single emotion and memory. Their work is simply elegant. My husband and I cannot wait to have Ulysses and Jenni capture the love as our family grows.

Profile Picture Carly, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ulysses and Jenni are amazing and gifted photographers that were incredible to work with! By being a couple themselves, they were able to form a connection with us that other photography companies we interviewed were not able to do. They made us feel so comfortable, which made for some gorgeous photography. In our beautifully prepared wedding album (which came extremely quickly!), they were able to capture so many moments from our wedding day that transport us back to exactly how we felt at that very second, which is truly a gift. They were also so helpful in creating Christmas cards with my mother & mother-in-law that got rave reviews from their friends and family. Ulysses and Jenni are two great people and wonderful photographers that helped make our wedding unforgettable. They take such pride in their work and it shows through their breathtaking pictures. I would recommend them again and again!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 11/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved Ulysses!!! First off, they are a pleasure to work with. Kind, understanding, and a lot of fun. From our first meeting, we were hooked. We were so nervous to do our engagement shoot. (Oh and VERY stressed with all of our wedding plans). Ulysses and Jenni turned our engagement shoot into a date that they photographed! We had the best time and were obsessed with the pictures. Our wedding pictures were unreal. They really captured the day (without being intrusive in any moment). Somehow, with their magical photography powers, Ulysses and Jenni caught every moment on film, without distracting the organic moments from happening. Within two weeks of our wedding, our album is already ordered!! They are talented, professional, and the results are evident in the gorgeous pictures they take.

Profile Picture Ilana, 10/26/14, 1 Review

We love Ulysses and Jenni!! From the very beginning we felt so comfortable with
them and knew instantly we wanted them to be our wedding photographers. Well they ended up being so much more. Ulysses and Jenni became a huge part of the entire year leading up to our wedding day. Together, they create beautiful artwork. It's like each has their own creative eye that together makes for absolutely stunning results. They are amazing at what they do and we couldn't be more thankful! Our family and friends agree and still tell us how not only professional but personable Ulysses and Jenni were. There's no question that we will continue to work with them in the years to come. Thank you Ulysses and Jenni! We are forever grateful for the memories you helped us create and keep.

Profile Picture Jeanne Marie, 10/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

My parents were abroad vacationing when I began the wedding planning process. I was reluctant to book a photographer without consulting with my mom. But, I knew I wanted to lock in a great photographer; after all the dust settles, you have only memories and photographs to keep. Ulysses and Jenni were the first vendors we booked and hands down the best decision we could have made. We chose them for their incredible artistry (the pictures speak for themselves!). They made us feel right at home in front of the camera and captured every natural moment. The pictures really do tell our story.

What made Ulysses and Jenni unique as photographers is their grasp of the wedding business. They navigated all our questions with the greatest of ease and almost instantaneous responsiveness (4 months after the wedding we have our wedding album in hand!). No email went unanswered for more than a couple of hours. They set the tone for the wedding planning.

Some advice for a bride: undoubtedly, great photographs of special moments on your wedding day is a must. But, take some time to craft a great engagement session. Splurge on the location, the outfits, meaningful props, perhaps choose an extended session. This is really the time to enjoy one another before the wedding madness begins. Anil and I absolutely loved our springtime in Central Park engagement session with Ulysses and Jenni. The photographs have a casual sweetness to them and compliment the more formal shots from the wedding beautifully in our home. Thanks, Ulysses and Jenni for our first family heirlooms!

Profile Picture Kinjal, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ulysses and Jenni are excellent photographers! The first time we met them was during our engagement shoot and they immediately made us feel comfortable and at ease even though we were shooting throughout central park! It took them a short amount of time to understand the kind of couple we are and the pics/poses we were looking to have. Our wedding pictures were absolutely beautiful. All the key moments were captured along with so many smiles, laughs and even some tears. Jenni was really helpful during the planning process and is a great resource for general wedding questions and timelines. Our finished wedding album is stunning. People cannot get over how beautiful it is and always comment on how they've never seen a wedding album as incredible as ours. They are a fun, energetic, kind, and all around a pleasure to be around and we couldn't recommend them more!

Profile Picture User3185007, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ulysses and Jenni Ashton are true professionals. Their artistic ideas speak for themselves in their expressive and intricate photos. Throughout the wedding day, they were kind, helpful, calm and thorough. They honored requests for specific photos and allowed the guests to have a good time all the while capturing the naturalness of the bride and groom. We thank them for their fine work and noble dispositions.

Profile Picture Anna, 11/2/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jenni and Ulyssess were the first vendors we booked for our wedding and it was the best decision we made!! They were there through every step of the process and provided us with great input on many decisions if we asked for it. Our engagement shoot was such a blast and really gave us great insight on how artistic and creative they were. The reveal (the session where they show us our photos from the engagement shoot) went on for hours as they listened to us talk about every detail of the wedding and gave us suggestions from their previous experiences. On the day of the wedding, they were never "in our face" but still able to capture the magic between us without being obtrusive towards all the guests. We were able to enjoy the wedding and had full trust in our photographers that the emotion of that day would be perfectly captured.

Profile Picture Chris&Kristine, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ulysses and Jenni’s photos of another couple’s wedding made us fall in love with our venue before we had even seen it with our own eyes. We therefore knew they were the photographers we wanted to capture our day. Each interaction with them increased our excitement as they are very responsive, obviously very organized and incredibly helpful. We were anxious before our engagement photos as we were worried about our ability to act natural and not get overwhelmed. Within minutes of meeting Ulysses and Jenni in person, they had us laughing, which cut our tension. They had spent the time before we met, scoping out our neighborhood and had selected a bunch of interesting backgrounds that worked with the available sunlight for every picture. Based on their personalities and the way they drew us out of our nerves, we knew we had made the perfect choice, before we even saw the truly amazing engagement photos.

Ulysses and Jenni always made us feel like the most important couple, which is no small feat given their packed schedule. At the wedding, they were encouraging and helpful at the right times and seemingly invisible at other times, even though I know they were there based on the photos of some of the most real moments. The true emotion of the day is palpable in their photos and looking at them brings me right back. They were in all the right places at the right time, capturing amazing moments that we would have missed without them. I can’t say enough about what talented photographers they are, but what makes working with them even better is what awesome people they are. We plan to keep in touch and hopefully work with them again in the future. Work with Ulysses and Jenni!!

Married 09/2013

Profile Picture User3785855, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ulysses and Jenni of Ulysses Photography are amazing! Finding the right photographer was so important to us; your photos last well beyond your wedding day and you want to be able to look back at them and relive the most wonderful day of your life. We could not be more thrilled with the result! Ulysses and Jenni were there every step of the way during the planning process and even helped keep us on track on the wedding day. They have the incredible talent of making two people (who do not love being in front of a camera) feel completely at ease. We had an engagement session with them that we were quite nervous about, and much to our surprise, we did not want it to end! This was an indication to us as to how talented they are. We were blown away when we saw our wedding photos, and then it got even better when we received our album. The album is beyond what we ever expected and is such a treasured book of memories of the most incredible day. We could not recommend Ulysses and Jenni more!

Profile Picture User3875398, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I never really paid attention to photographers until I got engaged. And just like every other bride, I was on a mission to find the "right fit." I got married at Catlin Gardens in August 2013, and Ulysses Photography was on the preferred vendor list. I gave Ulysses a call, as well as a few others on the list. Long story short-not a single photographer came close to the talent of Ulysses and Jenni! I just knew from our first meeting that they were it! These were the photographers we had been searching for! Ulysses and Jenni are a married team, and they complement each other beautifully! They make you feel so comfortable, and they are just a pleasure to work with!

From our engagement session to our wedding day, Ulysses and Jenni were on top of every detail. The quality of their work is amazing. They don’t produce artwork, they truly produce heirlooms! We will definitely use them in the future!
Thanks for letting us relive our memories through the beautiful photos!

Profile Picture kimberly, 8/10/13, 1 Review