72 Reviews for ULTIMATE SOUNDS

One Event Per Day (1)
Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
71 ULTIMATE SOUNDS Reviews

I couldn't be happier with the service that Norman brought to the table - he's more than just a DJ! He's a solid emcee and really sets the vibe for the whole event. From the first meeting with him, it's easy to see that he truly cares about the couples he works with, and wants to get to know them. He was super responsive and in depth leading up to the big day, then he was THE DOPEST DJ on the day of. We had multiple guests come up to us to tell us how good the music was. He played everything we wanted and more. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Nicolette, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great work, thanks so much Norman!

Profile Picture Ray, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norm was simply the best! From the beginning, he helped us plan every part of the day, from the music to the order of events. He even told us which side of the aisle we should stand on! And most importantly, he kept our guests dancing through the night!! We couldn't be happier or more grateful!

Profile Picture Khoa, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman is the best! Before I was referred to him by a friend, I spent hours meeting with 5-10 different DJ's and felt like I was never going to meet a DJ that my husband and I liked. Norman listened to all of our wedding wishes, came to our rehearsal, played all of our requested songs and our guests' requested songs (it was a long list), and got every single guest up and dancing! He did an incredible job mixing songs from oldies to motown to recent hits to 80's. All of our family and friends loved him and we got so many compliments after our wedding. If I had to plan a million more weddings, I would book Norman every single time. He won't let you down!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Norm was great. Loved how he took the time to meet with us twice before the wedding to make sure all our needs were met! Did a great job with music and kept the wedding going very smooth! thank you!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman was the perfect fit for our reception - kept the crowd warm, played great music, and made a great effort to learn about us and our 12-person wedding party. Would highly recommend booking him!

Profile Picture Kristal, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman is the most fantastic DJ! My husband and I would highly recommend him for really any event. He was the DJ at our wedding and kept the party going all night long. Not only is he a great DJ, but an excellent MC. All of our wedding guests enjoyed Norman and everything he offered.

Norman was recommended to me by my best friend who met him at a company event. We started with an initial meeting where Norman really wanted to get to know me and my husband, and our style. Personalization is fundamental to Norman and his business, and he truly delivered an experience perfectly fit for us on our big day. Throughout the planning phase, Norman reached out to us with various questions, made an over hour long trip out to see our venue, and incorporated everything we wanted to spec.

I wish I could give Norman 10 stars! His work is exceptional, and I’d recommend him for ANY event.

Profile Picture Sandra, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman was fantastic and went the extra mile to get to know us and personalize our reception. He was super experienced, professional, accommodating, and fun! I would absolutely work with him again and highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture User7390788, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great at playing the right music!

Profile Picture User7382412, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman made wedding planning a breeze for us. He's extremely helpful in all aspects and definitely goes beyond his job as a Wedding DJ. Norman is amazingly fun, friendly, and he definitely knows how to keep your wedding guests moving on the dance floor. His selection of music and skills as a DJ are well above exceptional. Book with Norman and you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Judy, 4/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I am SO grateful that Norman was the DJ for my wedding. He is extremely responsive, accommodating and just plain awesome. Has all the equipment necessary so you don't need to rent or buy anything. Norman wanted to meet with my fiancé and I prior to the wedding because he feels it's really Important to get to know the couple, understand what it is they want, and cater and accommodate to them. He honestly went above and beyond our expectations and kept our reception schedule flowing and EVERYONE on the dance floor the whole night. Absolutely everyone had a great time because of him and I promise if you guys hire him, you would have absolutely no regrets.

Profile Picture Laura, 1/2/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman is great. He has great energy, and he makes the whole process fun and easy. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User6081123, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Me and my wife got married in September this year and we had Norman as a DJ & MC. And I can say without hesitance that it was probably one of the best choices I've ever made in my life.

I am a wedding photographer so have been to a number of weddings and got to witness the importance of DJ/MC because it can and will make it or break it.

Norman was everything you could ask for from a professional DJ/MC. On the first face to face meeting, he brought a binder with a number of sheets for our keeping. The binder included all the requirements/background info he needs, suggested playlist for each of the processions, and general wedding related tips such as the list of items to include in the emergency kit for the day. So when we were handed the binder, we knew he was very well prepared. Working with him through emails was very easy as Norman was always responsive to our inquiries and provided tips and advises. Then a couple weeks before the wedding, he met with us one more time to go over the music settings as well as to discuss what needs to be done as MC. He also came to the rehearsal on the day before wedding and checked out the floor plan and the settings.

On the day of wedding, he was on time. What I was really amazed at was how perfect the sound systems were set. At a number of weddings I have been to, I saw many times where the music or the microphone was set either too quiet or loud where it was distracting, which can easily disrupt one of the most important events in life. But Norman had his system perfectly set up so the background musics were greatly mixed into the ambience. Norman's MC skill was great as well. He was very succinct and professional in delivering messages. Also his appearance was very professional and proper to the occasion.

I will recommend Normal to anyone with highest regards.

Profile Picture Kyu, 9/13/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman of Ultimate Sounds, came highly recommend through a family member, who attended several of his events he participated.

What impressed me with Norman is his background and knowledge in the genres of music. We met several popular wedding DJ's prior to Ultimate Sounds, and they stated if they don't know what music we are requesting, they will "google it" or try to find something similar. With Norman/Ultimate Sounds, he knew what music we were referring to.

Norman even gave us a wedding checklist that he created to help us through the wedding process. Norman and Ultimate Sounds works around the clock, I was able to email Norman the night before and the morning of our wedding, and he responded quickly!!!

In addition, Norman suggested a fog machine for our first dance, which was a great idea, but it was not allowed out our wedding venue

Norman suggested a lot of fun wedding games during dinner service which kept our guests entertained and laughing. He can also get all of our guests on the dance floor, young and old!!! Norman is great with the microphone, he's funny, charming and sincere. Even our guests, wanted to take pictures with our DJ lol. For any of our future friends and family that is looking for a DJ or a MC service, I definitely recommend Ultimate Sounds!!

Profile Picture Priscilla, 9/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Norman is AWESOME!! Seriously, I can't stress enough how important it is that you hire him for your wedding (or any party).

He has a very large collection of music - all kinds of genres. I asked him to play punta (a genre he wasn't familiar with) during our initial meeting. Sure enough, he researched it and made it happen.

From the moment you begin working with him, you'll see how kind and professional he is, how much he cares about helping you meet your vision, and how genuinely happy he is for your celebration.

What makes him stand out from other DJs:
1. He's a fantastic MC! Knows how to interact with (not just talk to) the crowd. Has a great presence on the mic and can bring the crowd to attention.

2. He has SO many great ideas and games for making your reception fun and unique. Our guests loved the items that we chose from his collection of games/ideas. IN FACT, one of my friends who is getting married wanted to hire him on the spot.

3. Thorough knowledge of wedding planning. Norman's initial meeting will show you all the details that he's aware of (includes a timeline sheet, a checklist for creating a day-of emergency box, etc.) We also received his newsletter which included short articles on common event topics.

4. Norman is so flexible! We had decided to cut a garter toss on the spot because we wanted our guests to have more time to dance. He went with it and kept the music playing as he told the crowd we were skipping it. It was smooth. We asked him to read some of the advice cards that our guests filled out - he did it and encouraged the crowd to fill out more.

I could go on and on about the many great things that Norman provides... but I'll stop here. :)

Again, I can't stress enough that Norman is worth every penny!! He set out to ensure that our ceremony music and reception went off without a hitch. He met that goal.

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/22/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Norman was great. He really listened to what we wanted and made sure to deliver. It was nice to hear so many of the songs we requested played the night of our wedding.

Profile Picture User5241493, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman was very attentive. From the beginning when we were just looking around. We had no clue what we were doing as far as what to expect or the small details needed for a wedding. He was extremely helpful. I would request Normans DJ services for any event I had and would refer him to everyone.

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Norman is awesome! He was the DJ/emcee for our wedding in April and we are so happy we chose him! We actually never seen him emcee before our wedding and got a good feeling from the reviews. When we met him, we knew he was "the one", lol. And he really did deliver. He was very good at playing the right songs throughout the reception: kept our dance floor full and during meal time played some pretty cool slow jams I hadn't heard before. He did a great job on putting together and telling our "love story" for us. A lot of our guests commented on it and were really impressed. He kept the energy up and really knows how to interact with the crowd. I remember a couple moments throughout the reception looking up at the crowd and seeing everying laughing and having a good time. It felt incredible. Thank you, Norman, for giving us the fun reception we wanted

Profile Picture Elaine, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Norman is very creative, flexible, and simply a pro at his profession. He captured the crowd in an instant and everyone who attended my wedding said is was so much FUN!

Profile Picture gina, 11/16/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

In our search for a DJ/MC for your wedding in Monterey, we wanted someone who had unique services besides playing great music. So we turned to Norman with Ultimate Sounds. Norman was professional from the first time we met at Starbucks. He presented a binder with different services he does besides playing music. The love story was one of those unique services. The story personalized the wedding and everyone loved it. Another service Norman does is the monogram. The bride and groom's name up on lights, who wouldn't like that. The uplighting around the room and the hidden wires were professionally done. From the Island Reggae music theme to the last second changes during the wedding, Norman was very flexible. When we have another event, we will not hesitate to have Norman back with his quality work and professionalism.

Profile Picture Adonis, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

What can I say that the other's haven't already that will convince you that Norman is THE best?

Our wedding was September 27, 2014, and Norman was unquestionably, without a doubt, the best DJ we could have had for our wedding. Please, don't be put off by him wanting to meet with you, it was the single best decision I made when considering a DJ. Norman is a very genuine, sincere person and you can tell that he truly loves and has a passion for what he does, which is probably why he is truly great at it!

Something that I noticed that some people may not notice or be aware of, the true craftsmen ship of a skilled DJ is not just being able to mix music, scratch or beat match. All of which Norman can display expertly, but also understanding the flow, and mood of the crowd is arguably more important. If the DJ doesn't understand his audience, all of the technical skills won't matter in the least.

Norman had a crowd of twenty to thirty-soemthing's and fifty to sixty-something's all dancing to a variety of music genre's that kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night! Everyone had a great time at our wedding and many of our friend's and family expressed to us how much fun they had, even going as far as to say that our wedding was the best they've ever been to. Without question, Norman had a lot to do with that.

I have to condense this review a little due to the character limit, but I can not possibly recommend Norman with any more enthusiasm than is humanly possible! If I could give him 100/100 I would!

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norm was an amazing DJ. We received so many compliments on the music and MC job that he did!

Profile Picture Desirae, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Norman is the BEST by far Dj o have ever heard at a wedding!! Not any time was there no one on the dance floor! He kept the party going! He's awesome and great to work with!!

The Avila's

Profile Picture Maria , 8/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Norman was amazing. He was very flexible in meeting with us prior to the reception and especially patient as we changed our minds several times on what songs to play and when. His playlist/wedding checklist notebook was incredibly helpful. He was so prepared that it made the entire process easy.
He is personable, our guests liked him immediately and he kept us on the time line without interrupting the flow of the party. He did everything he promised, really delivered for us!!!

Profile Picture Valerie, 7/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Norman was such a pleasure to work with! All our guests LOVED him & all that he did. They all said he was te eat dj they've seen at a wedding. He does a lot of little things to set himself apart from other DJ's. From the moment we met him, we felt like he was a long lost cousin that we had. He was awesome and he was very reasonable with his pricing. He got to know us & make sure all of our guests knew everything about myself & my husband, from when we met, how we fell in love & how we got engaged. He's simply the best!!

Profile Picture Audra, 7/4/14, 1 Review