Type A Catering Reviews

Type A Catering 2
  • Ruth

Ruth D.L. · Married on 10/14/2018

Exactly Who and What We Needed for a Magical Day

My husband and I planned our wedding from out-of-state. If that wasn't enough, we did a Ragnar Relay (200 mile race with a team of 12) for the two days before the wedding. We had a LOT of planning and coordination to do and Diane helped us through so much of it. Type A is a preferred vendor for our venue at Buffalo Trace and after contacting Diane, we could see why. She walked us through details that we hadn't considered and got enough information to run with our vision and fill in the gaps as they arose. She gave us feedback where we needed it and double checked on other vendors. She builds up a trust relationship and you can rely on her to make sure your catering needs and day-of coordination is on point. Also, Type A's food is fantastic! Diane worked with us to design a buffet meal (salmon, chicken, autumn vegetables, asparagus, and a gluten-free+vegetarian plate for one friend) exactly inline with what we wanted and numerous guests told us that it wasn't just wedding-food good, but it was good restaurant good. My husband and I agree and wish we could have more of Type A's catering! Basically, go with Type A if you have the option to do so.

Type A Catering 3
    Type A Catering 4
  • Paola

Paola · Married on 09/29/2018

You'd be crazy to book anyone else!

I come from a family that loves to create and eat delicious food, so choosing a caterer for our wedding day was probably one of the most important decisions we had to make. I sat and researched and read countless reviews, but what first caught my attention was Diane's creative name. From there, I sought her out at a bridal event, and the second thing that caught my attention was her beautiful display. The deal sealer, was of course her delicious food. Diane was SO kind, and we quickly learned that her wedding knowledge spanned much further than just food, but also to design, set-up, and so much more. Diane is very easy to work with, we had many ideas, and she was great at helping us figure out our best options, all while staying within budget. She was helpful with every step that we took, and was accommodating to all of our needs. The food on our wedding day was SPECTACULAR, so much so, that even now our friends and family reminisce on it. Diane is truly an expert in her field, and I couldn't imagine our wedding day without her! You'd be crazy to book anyone else!

Cindy · Married on 09/09/2018

Type A is hands down the best! Diane is prompt, easy to work with, and made my wedding day so much fun and organized! Type A is also very experienced so they know which floor plan works best with what venue and they helped make everything flow smoothly. They also helped make clean up a breeze! Another thing I loved and appreciated about Type A is that they really kept my budget in mind and did not try to sway me to spend more. They have menu items for all budget ranges, in my opinion! My bar was also perfect and I didn’t spend an arm and a leg for it! Additionally, every single guest went on and on about how amazing the food was and how they loved the beef carving station! Everything was wonderful and I have no complaints at all.

For any bride that wants top notch catering, easy wedding planning, and a catering company you can depend on and trust, call Type A!

Thank you all for everything you did and Diane, thank you a million times!

Love,
    The Penrods

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2018

Diane and her team were absolutely amazing from start to finish. She had great advice and recommendations, a professional and efficient staff, and my guests were obsessing over the food! Overall great experience working with them. Highly recommend!

Charli · Married on 06/08/2018

Dianne was phenomenal! She made all the decisions super easy and helped guide us to creating our best day ever!

Kylee · Married on 06/02/2018

Diane was fabulous she literally was my wedding planner. She helped with all my rentals worked with me on ways to save $$ since I did an outdoor venue. The food turned out fabulous and had an all Kentucky theme to it with southern green beans, shrimp and grits, bourbon glazed meatballs, bourbon glazed brisket, and dijon chicken. It was all to die for and guests complimented us all night long for the food. The service was amazing she worked with us since we decided to provide our own alcohol. Many other caters would not work with me on this. I could not thank Diane enough because my wedding went so smoothly thanks to her! She is a great caterer and works with any budget! I highly recommend her !!

Abigail · Married on 12/30/2017

Diane. Is. FABULOUS! There are not enough words for how wonderful Diane and her Type A catering staff were for our wedding this past December 30, 2017. We met Diane at The Bridal Bliss Evening Classic and were able to sample some of her delicious options for cocktail hour (her baked brie and homemade pimento cheese is shut the front door amazing)! Diane was quick to respond when we reached out to her about setting up a meeting. All of our communication with Diane was professional, prompt, and detailed. She answered every question that we had promptly and with professionalism whether it was by phone or e-mail. She made herself incredibly accessible to us prior to our wedding day through multiple meetings and phone/e-mail communication. Our wedding day menu tasting was done with many months to spare and was incredibly enjoyable. Diane truly has a gift for organization and an eye for details. Our menu was fabulous (we did a cocktail hour, open bar, and served 2 entrees with sides and salad/bread) and she did a fantastic job making recommendations for things like linens and table set-up that added to the overall feeling of inclusion/family that we wanted our wedding reception to convey. Our cocktail hour was a hit and when myself and our bridal party arrived after the cocktail hour, my groom and I were immediately met with our plates filled and ready to go and Diane personally took our drink requests. Diane met the dietary needs for several of our guests with grace and efficiency. She made separate vegetarian meals for several guests/vendors as well as 2 separate meals for 2 of our guests that needed gluten-free options. Diane even helped us set up a late-night s'mores bar for our guests and to appease my husband's sweet tooth! :) Did I mention she provided gluten-free crackers to our 2 guests with dietary restrictions just for the s'mores bar?! Diane is very affordable and met our every request/need. I can't recommend her enough!

• Lval82

Leslie · Married on 12/15/2017

We couldn't be happier with the food and service we got from Type A Catering! Diane is thorough, detailed, and incredibly easy to work with. Our guests are still talking about the butternut squash ravioli. She helped us figure out every detail and then carried it out perfectly. During the day, we didn't have to worry about anything because we knew Diane had it under control.

Although we didn't interact with the servers and bartenders much (because Diane personally took care of us as the bride and groom!) I heard from more than one guest how wonderful they were.

I hope to have a reason to work with Diane and her crew again!!

Sophie · Married on 11/04/2017

I can’t say enough great things about Type A Catering. Diane was so helpful throughout our wedding planning process and went above and beyond what most caterers offer. After our first meeting to discuss food, I instantly knew I needed her to do day of coordination as well. If anything went wrong at my wedding, I’ll never know because Diane did such a fantastic job of keeping myself and the wedding moving according to plan. All of my guest said the catering menu was the most unique, and delicious of any wedding they had attended. When planning your big day, I highly recommend Type A Catering.

• ak.williams

Kelli · Married on 10/14/2017

Type A Catering is truly the best caterer in Central Kentucky. Diane is a dream to work with and acts as a wedding planner ensuring all of your linens, plates, utensils, etc. match are exactly what you envisioned for your big day. She is a full service planner and her staff go above and beyond to make your wedding perfect! The food is beyond amazing. All of our guests raved about the food and my coworkers were asking for leftovers the week after our wedding because they loved it all so much. Our tasting was delicious and the food the day of our wedding tasted the exact same. She also really wants to work with you to hit your budget number. We changed our minds countless times and Diane was extremely accommodating to our requests. There aren't enough great words to say about Diane and her staff at Type A Catering!

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Diane and TypeA Catering. I must start out by saying how amazing the food is. AMAZING. AH-MAZE-ING. It is also VERY reasonably priced compared to just about everything in Lexington and surrounding areas. Although we ended up not being able to have TypeA Cater our reception (The venue we went with had an in-house caterer that you couldn't change), I still got to use Diane as my wedding coordinator! Let me tell you- it is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT worth every penny. She dealt with (not only the big stuff, but) so many little tiny details that spring up unexpectedly so I didn't have to! It was awesome. We had meetings every month or so leading up to the wedding, and went over timeline of what needs to get done. She gave me suggestions of places and people for each little thing (think dress shopping, invitations, alterations, transportation, literally everything). It was nice because after seeing sooo many vendors at wedding fairs, you kind of forget and feel overwhelmed, but she was able to help me sort through the chaos and get stuff done. She brought up things I never would have even thought of. For instance, Did you know "wedding welcome bags" for your out of town guests staying at the hotel is a thing now? I had no idea, but am so glad Diane brought it up because it was a hit and I think my out of town in-laws really appreciated the gesture. Diane helped me with seating chart- I had heard horror stories about how awful doing that was, but Diane made it so easy! She even had table numbers &seating chart designed, printed and put in frames for me, (along with programs) to match my wedding invitations perfectly. Not only did she get all of that taken care of, but she helped me get table linens, and SET UP THE WHOLE RECEPTION. even down to tying each dinner napkin with a cute little ribbon. She was at the reception the whole time to ensure everything went as plan with the timeline (that she put together!) She is seriously the best

Kelsey · Married on 08/19/2017

Absolutely fabulous in every way! Diane Kellum worked with our family to design a menu and services for my daughter's wedding. She and her fiance wanted an elegant and relaxed atmosphere for their guests. Our venue was Evans Orchard Event Barn on August 19 so the weather in Kentucky was a potential challenge but Diane knew exactly what would work well. She took their requests and made a menu which was perfect for our guests. The food was delicious and was presented in a beautiful layout. On the day of the wedding, the staff was there timely and could not have been more professional and helpful the entire evening! Diane was great that night helping me to be flexible about cake cutting, toasts, etc. She had a great feel for where the guests were in getting their food, etc. as I was more focused on talking to them! She offered to make plates for my husband and I so we would eat and made sure the bride and groom did as well. Her bartenders and servers were absolutely top notch and I could not thank them enough for making our guests feel like they were at a great party! At the end of the evening, I found myself at a table just talking to her like I had known her for a long time ;). Type A was recommended to me by one of my best friends as she did her daughter's wedding five years ago. I am so glad I took her recommendation as Type A made the reception a fantastic celebration for our entire family!

Alexandra · Married on 05/28/2017

When I got engaged and started looking around for a caterer, I had an idea of what I wanted. But when I meant Diane she helped me think of things and details that I hadn't. She was amazing from the beginning. Open to ideas and suggestions. She was flexible with meeting me throughout the whole process.

On the actual wedding day, she and her staff did an amazing job. Everything was set up beautifully. The food was delicious!! Can't say enough about her and her business. If you are looking for a cater, I highly suggest going with Type A!

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2017

I'm not going to lie here, planning a wedding has undoubtedly been the most challenging thing in my life to date. However, had I chosen to work with Diane before I ever booked a venue or photographer, what I thought were the two most important things, then I promise you my experience would have been a world apart. Diane had every answer to every question I tried to first answer myself. She perfectly catered to every vision and need I had. I am a perfectionist too so to have someone understand the importance of details was such a relief! So when I tell you that Type A Catering is more than just a catering company, please hear me… This business perfected my wedding. From a detail as small as “real silverware is important” (trust me, it really is) to other budget friendly advice, Diane really thinks of everything you don’t, and has the best solution to everything you question. Not only did she help me execute my wedding perfectly, but she was always so personable, genuine, and honest. All of these qualities are what set you apart from just hiring a catering company to teaming up with a true asset. You will not make a mistake booking Diane, but not choosing her is one.
    Best of luck on your new adventure! xoxo- Jess

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2016

Diane was absolutely amazing to work with. I met her about 10 months prior to our wedding and right off the bat I knew that I wanted her to cater our wedding. She was actually the only caterer that we met with! She asked the right questions and it was clear that she knew what she was doing. During the entire wedding planning process I knew that I could trust her opinions and ask her for advice. One of the most important things for us was finding a caterer that could work with our budget and that is exactly what she did. The food was excellent. Everyone was impressed with the cocktail hour and dinner.
    About a month prior our wedding I asked Diane to be our coordinator for the day of and she was able to accommodate me even though it was such a last minute request. I highly recommend using her as a coordinator as well! She made sure that the ceremony ran smoothly and she made the entire night worry free for me.

Erin · Married on 08/13/2016

Diane was amazing! From our first meeting with her, we were blown away by how thorough she was. She was asking us questions about things we hadn't even thought about! Diane is simultaneously big picture and detail oriented. We could talk about what we wanted the reception to be feel like in general terms and just as easily talk details of table settings. On the wedding day, Diane and her staff were so professional and friendly. They really took care of us. And the food was AMAZING! So many friends and family members told us they LOVED the food, and I definitely saw people going back for seconds and thirds. Even though the venue was outside and the prep kitchen was tiny, Diane and company really knocked it out of the park. I cannot recommend her enough! I truly think Diane is a big part of the reason our wedding day went so smoothly. Thanks Diane and Type A Catering!!!

Shelby · Married on 07/23/2016

I first met Diane during my time spent interning with Simply Love Studio a few years ago. It was then I knew when I got married we would have to use Type A Catering. Wedding planning from out of state can be incredibly stressful (to say the least), but Diane was so accommodating and always found time to chat with us by email and phone calls throughout the process. To say that she and her staff went above and beyond for our wedding day would be an understatement. My husband and I were actually able to sit and enjoy our dinner, which is almost never the case. Someone from her team checked in on us throughout the meal to get us anything if we needed it. We chose to have a buffet and a bar with signature drinks at our reception. On countless occasions we heard our family and friends say how wonderful the dinner and drinks were. Bottom line - Diane and her staff are hard-working, dedicated individuals who are fully committed to making weddings everything you've dreamed of and more. Thanks to Type A Catering and our other amazing vendors, we could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!

christy · Married on 07/09/2016

Based on reviews and a phone conversation with Diane, my husband and I chose Type A Catering for our KY farm wedding. I also opted to utilize Diane's coordination services. I have to say that Diane went above and beyond my expectations. I live in Chicago and was planning my wedding in KY. Diane was an excellent resource. She knows all wedding vendors in Lexington, KY very well, and helped me make almost every decision about my wedding. Diane was always very prompt in responding to my emails/texts/calls and she was always very professional and honest! When our wedding weekend finally rolled around, Diane assisted with all vendor deliveries and the rehearsal. The food in our buffet style dinner was delicious and kept warm. Our wedding day was absolutely PERFECT, and I cannot thank Diane and her staff enough for helping make it that way! I highly recommend her services!

Chelsea · Married on 06/04/2016

Diane and her staff went above and beyond to make our wedding reception absolutely perfect! From the moment we arrived, they made sure that my husband and I, my parents and grandparents were waited on hand & foot - We did not have to lift a finger. Diane would check on us regularly to see if we were ready for another drink and she even pulled us aside and told us that we should take a minute to sit down and eat (which was a great idea, ha) and had our plates waiting on us.

We chose a buffet style dinner and everything was so delicious! Numerous people told us how impressed they were with the appetizers and dinner. Diane was a huge help throughout our entire process and always willing to answer my questions. She even found out that my dad collected koozies and had a "Father Of The Bride" koozie waiting for him at his seat - That definitely won him over, ha ha. We could not have been more pleased with Type A Catering and I would definitely recommend them for anyone who is searching for a caterer.

Thank you for going above & beyond!

Warmest thanks,

Chelsea & Clay

Molly · Married on 05/28/2016

Diane did a wonderful job with my wedding at Buffalo Trace. She was very helpful in planning a lot of details even outside of the food and her help coordinating our rentals was much appreciated. She also helped me design signature drinks which went above and beyond the expectation. Thank you Diane and staff!

Choosing Type A catering was one of the best decisions I made while wedding planning. Diane made planning so much easier! She anticipated our needs, and was extremely thorough. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her help. She is very professional and communicates regularly and well. She was patient when I changed my mind more than one time! During the event she was very accommodating and helpful. Everyone raved over the beef brisket! Overall she was just fun to work with and seriously decreased my stress level. She's a lot more than a caterer, she was basically my wedding stress therapist!! Very detail oriented and will go above and beyond to make sure your event perfect. I heard a lot of small personal stories from our guests, that really put her over the top! For example when my uncle complimented the beef brisket, she took time to give him the recipe! Diane offered to hold my husbands one and half year old cousin for a few minutes while his mother was busy with another task. She always took time to listen to our requests or concerns, even though she had already them taken care of. Her staff was always very helpful, friendly and kind. Type A catering would be one of the best decisions you could make for your wedding.

Lainey · Married on 10/25/2015

Type A Catering did a wonderful job catering my wedding! They were always happy to answer questions and work with me on what I wanted. My husband and I went to the bridal bliss bridal show and tried many different caterers samples. Type A Catering was by far the best! The food was excellent then and months later at my wedding. As many know, wedding planning can be very stressful! Type A Catering was great to us and made our wedding planning very smooth. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else cater my wedding.

Lainey · Married on 10/25/2015

The food was excellent, especially the Hot Brown Dip. Lauri and Diane were so flexible with us, and helped make everything work out well with our outdoor/barn wedding. Thanks so much to Diane and her staff for the great food and great service!

Keisha · Married on 09/06/2015

Diane was great to work with. We were on a budget, and she helped get us the most bang for our buck. I didn't want our guests to feel like we were on a budget, and Diane came up with a menu that was perfect. She also provided our bar service.