Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist Reviews

Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist 3
Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist 4
Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist 5

Maria · Getting married on 04/19/2024

I knew without a doubt I needed to book Mia to do my makeup for my wedding day because I had such a positive experience with her doing my makeup as a bridesmaid on 3 previous occasions. Mia is so knowledgeable and talented. We did a trial and she recommended a skin care regimen so that my skin would look great on the wedding day. My makeup lasted perfectly through tears and the 10 hour day! I felt like the best version of myself she made me feel beautiful. Not only is Mia an incredible makeup artist, but she helped keep me calm and collected the hours before the big day. My whole bridesmaid party and mom loved their makeup as well and had a ton of laughs along the way. I would 110% recommend her to any bride for both lashes and day of make up.

Tiffany · Getting married on 02/14/2020

Mia was great! She was very responsive and gave very detailed instructions before, during, and after the appointment. She even gives a list of products to use and where to get them.

Now for the lashes. I am a blonde and my lashes are very light. Mia explained all the different types of lashes available. I decided on a natural curl and volume with a cat eye. The application took about 2 1/2 hours. I fell asleep during most of the appointment. It was so relaxing. She has a heated table to keep you comfortable and relaxed. After she was finished I couldn't believe how AMAZING my lashes looked. My lashes look amazing. I'm so thrilled. I'm also hooked. I cannot imagine life without them. I like not having to wear mascara. I love not needing to curl my lashes. Heck I don't even have to wear eye makeup.

I highly recommend Tymia. She is a true artist and a consummate professional. You can trust Tymia on you special day. She will make you beautiful!

• Rosalyn

Rosalyn · Married on 12/14/2018

Honestly, I felt like a celebrity.

I had a wonderful experience working with Tymia Yvette. She took the time to work with me from trial to wedding day to create the best look that made me look like the most beautiful and elegant version of myself! My foundation was flawless, my eyes were gorgeous ( I wanted to look like princess Jasmine from Aladdin!) I received so many compliments on my makeup and a few of my guests work in the fashion and beauty industries so they could immediately appreciate the skill and precision necessary in my makeup look.
    I was so grateful to have found Mia as a local makeup artist in my hometown with stellar reviews featured in WeddingWire and Martha Stewart weddings. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to her studio, ( a significant savings) to receive an impeccable makeup session and have plenty of time to meet my photographer and finish getting ready for my big day I was so happy with Mia that I plan to schedule a private makeup lesson with her! I, like many women, am a skincare and beauty junky with a bevy of fabulous premium makeup products I have absolutely no idea how to use!
    Thank you Mia!

Kendra · Married on 10/07/2018

Wedding Makeup

Tymia did my makeup for my wedding one month ago. Her wedding package included trial makeup which was nice to avoid surprises on the big day. She prepped me for the trial instructing me to bring my favorite makeup looks. I found this really helpful because I do not wear makeup on the daily. During the trial, she allowed me to test out multiple looks until I found one that I loved. She was extremely knowledgeable and willing to explain her recommendations. She did not disappoint on the big day. I got so many compliments on my wedding day. Her calming spirit was also just what I needed when a few hiccups happened prior to the ceremony. I would hands down recommend Tymia for makeup for any major event!

Suzanne · Married on 10/05/2018

Talented and professional

Tymia did an absolutely fantastic job on my bridal makeup! I normally wear little to no makeup, but she was super patient and helped me break down looks to come up with my wedding look. Before our appointment, she also sent me detail information, including how to prep my skin and get the most of the trial. On the day of, getting my makeup done with her was such a calming experience, and I was so happy with how it turned out (plus it stayed put on my face for the entire day). I also appreciated that during the process, she would occasionally check in with me to ensure I was ok with shade, pigmentation, etc. As a side note, the day before my wedding, she was unfortunately involved in a car accident, but was a total superhero and STILL did my makeup. Would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a talented MUA.

Becca · Married on 09/22/2018

Tymia is wonderful!! She did an amazing job on my makeup for my wedding day. My makeup stayed put throughout the entire day and night, nearly 10 hours, and I got so many compliments on it from everyone all day. I was nervous about getting my makeup done since I don’t have the greatest skin to begin with (frequent blemishes, large pores), but Tymia made my skin and makeup look fantastic and I felt so pretty and confident on my wedding day. Tymia also did makeup for my bridesmaids, my mother in law, and my mom and all of them looked beautiful and were very happy with their makeup. My mom never wears makeup and was nervous to have anything done, but Tymia listened to her requests and my mom ended up really loving her makeup. Tymia is very professional, personable, and she gets back to you very quickly if you have any questions or requests. I highly recommend her to anyone!!!

Leia · Married on 09/07/2018

Tymia, was excellent! She was very professional and her quality of service was top notch! She did an amazing job on me and my bridesmaids and I highly recommend her!

Carly · Married on 04/28/2018

Mia is the best makeup artist I have ever used! I have gotten my makeup done by her for two weddings (one was my own) and she did an amazing job both times. Every single bridesmaid looked absolutely beautiful. The makeup lasts ALL night and looks wonderful in pictures. Mia is professional, takes her time (but also makes sure she fits in your schedule/timeline), and asks plenty of questions to make sure each girls likes exactly what she is getting. Do not hesitate to book her!!

Joann · Married on 04/14/2018

Mia is the absolute best! I chose her for my wedding and bridal party makeup because I have used her previously for other services and she does amazing, quality work. Everyone’s makeup turned out flawless and she was very flexible with me while still staying within guidelines and making things runs perfectly smooth. My bridal party ranged from my mom who is 67 years old to myself at 30 years old with complexions that ranged from African American to Asian to very very fair white and everyone loved the way theirs turned out. Her pricing is fair and very competitive to other MUAs. she sends you a pamphlet to see her services up front and a final breakdown so there are no surprises. She also does a trial run on the bride so that you can provide the look you want and see her service in advance

Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist 6

Brigitte · Married on 09/23/2017

Tymia was amazing. She did my engagement shoot makeup, a wedding trial, and makeup for my wedding day. I contacted her a little late on the date, and she was still able to accommodate me and the changes I made to the wedding day make up. Even before I met her, she was very professional, nice, and personable via email. My makeup was flawless and stayed on all night. She did my mom's makeup and my flower girls makeup. She listens to their requests, and has a great eye for color! They LOVED their makeup as well! I highly highly recommend her to anyone! You'll be more than happy you did!

kelly · Married on 09/23/2017

Mia was great to work with! She was very responsive and organized. I would highly recommend her for your wedding!!! I felt like a gorgeous bride!!

Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist 7
    Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist 8
    Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist 9
    Tymia Yvette Makeup Artist 10

Christina · Married on 09/03/2017

Mia is amazing! She is very responsive to email/text. She is fantastic with follow up. She is talented with various styles of makeup. I explained to her my vision for makeup for the wedding - the theme, my dress, etc. When my big week arrived, I was hesitant to get my lashes done - I've never had extensions before. When I met her to have them applied, she explained the different types to me and I described what I wanted - nothing fake looking - natural and full. Boy did she deliver! I was amazed at what a perfect job she did! As for the big day, she delivered again - consistent amazingness! I loved my makeup! It lasted all day and evening, even with my tears! Not only is Mia a true professional, but she is a very nice, sweet person and I was honored to have her spend time with me and my ladies on my wedding day!

Natalie · Married on 07/22/2017

Mia did an absolutely phenomenal job as the sole makeup artist at my wedding for myself, my 10 bridesmaids, my mom and my mother-in-law. Leading up to that day, she was very responsive and accommodating to my needs throughout the process, which I was extremely grateful for since I was planning my wedding out of state. She worked with my travel schedule and I was able to do two trials with her before the big day. She is extremely professional and truly an expert at what she does. On the day of the wedding, she worked relentlessly all morning to make sure each and every one of us looked our best. Every single woman was beyond happy with their makeup. As the bride, my makeup was something I was very concerned about since it is such an integral part of my entire wedding look. Working with Mia put me at such ease as I knew I was in great hands- and the outcome was total perfection. My makeup and lashes looked exactly how I dreamed they would look that day and I got endless compliments throughout the day and night. My makeup still looked great even after my 5 hour wedding reception was over! Words cannot express how thankful I am to have been working with Mia that day. She is the best!!

Alyson · Married on 04/07/2017

Tymia did my wedding day makeup and I could not have been more impressed. She was friendly and responsive in all of our communications, punctual for all of our appointments, and very up front about the cost of service. Most importantly, she made me look and feel AMAZING on my wedding day. As someone who avoids makeup at all costs, I was very nervous about having my makeup done professionally but Tymia eased all of my concerns. At my pre-wedding trial, she tried different looks to help me find something I was comfortable with. Even when I made some adjustments to my desired look on the day of, she rolled with the punches and executed flawlessly. Tymia clearly has great skill as a makeup artist and I will definitely be using her again :)

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2016

Tymia is amazing!!! I cannot say enough good things about her. She is so talented and was extremely flexible with our large wedding party. She did makeup for me, our two mothers, my flower girl, and 7 bridesmaids all within 6ish hours. Seriously, she is amazing. Everyone looked fabulous and most importantly they felt beautiful! She did a huge range of makeup, from super natural to over the top glam and each one was perfect. She also worked with a variety of skin tones and knew just what to do to make each girl look perfect. When she finished my makeup I actually started to cry because it looked so good. I cannot reccomend Tymia highly enough for wedding makeup, she was one of the best choices I made for my wedding day!!

Emily · Married on 11/18/2016

Mia is the best, seriously a true artist. She is always on time and even came a little early for my wedding to make sure she had parking and everything set up. She stayed on time for each girl (so helpful during a wedding day when girls need to go from makeup to hair etc) and did any required touch ups after some pictures.

She did a really cool thing during the trial, to do each side of your face with slightly different makeup so during the rest of the day you could decide which you liked better. Genius! I would love to use her again for any big event, I looked like a movie star!

Susie · Married on 09/24/2016

I cannot give a more esteem, whole hearted recommendation for Mia... Her talent and professionalism are second to none when it comes to make-up artistry for bridal parties. Several years ago, Mia did the make-up at a friend's wedding, and because of the remarkable job that she did on the bride and bridal party, my friends have ONLY looked to Mia for bridal make-up - so much so that she was literally the first vendor that I booked within weeks of my engagement...

She is an absolute perfectionist with her work and is especially skilled when it comes to adapting to women of all ages and their varying make-up preferences. Even my mother who is a notoriously difficult customer was elated with her work.

To top it all off, Mia was an actual champ during one the more stressful wedding-day situations that she has likely been put in. Less than a week before my wedding, I became suddenly sick with a virus. Right when I first started to develop symptoms, I (irresponsibly) went through with an already-scheduled appointment with Mia to get my lashes done (also HIGHLY recommended) and figured that I just had a minor cold. During the lash appointment, I clearly gave Mia whatever I had because my symptoms severely worsened from there and Mia then started to develop the same symptoms in the following days. When my wedding day came, I finally started to feel like myself but Mia was beyond sick as I had been a few days previous. Even though she felt completely terrible and should have been at home resting, Mia arrived early, did an AH-MAZING job, kept us on schedule and didn't skip a single beat. She is literally super woman.

All this to say, don't shop around for make-up artist. Even if you have to pay for extra mileage, she is worth every single penny - and then some!!!

Millie · Married on 09/10/2016

Tymia did a fantastic job on my wedding make-up. It was easy to set up a trial run with and the make-up was spectacular! I've never felt more beautiful in my life! I opted for the airbrush and lashes which I would definitely recommend to give any bride to be an extra pop on their special day. It is a bit more expensive but it is so worth it! The make-up really lasted the entire day and made me feel really special. She is so talented and professional I can't recommend her enough! Many of my bridesmaids asked last minute if she could apply their lashes and she was very accommodating. She also checked-in with me before the event which was so helpful. Thank you for everything Tymia!

Rachel · Married on 07/15/2016

Words cannot explain how amazing Tymia is! She did the makeup at my wedding for myself, the bridesmaids, mothers, AND she did my eyelash extensions the week leading up to the wedding. When I went for my trial, I immediately knew how professional and talented Mia was as we tested out different looks for each eye, cheeks, etc.

And then on my wedding day she exceeded everyone's expectations. From my mother to my girls, everyone was so pleased with their makeup and lashes. I never felt more beautiful with the makeup service Mia provided. She was so easy to work with, professional, punctual, and helpful. I HIGHLY recommend.

I would recommend Mia to anyone! She is truly an artist. Mia did my makeup for my wedding and for my bridal party, mother, and mother-in-law. Makeup was very important to me on my wedding day, and I could not have been happier with the results. Everyone absolutely loved their look because Mia listens to what you want and makes it look better than you could imagine. She was prompt, prepared, and professional in every interaction I had with her, whether it was via email, phone call, and in-person. She is extremely friendly and down-to-earth as well. I will definitely call Mia again if I need any other makeup services in the future!

marta · Married on 05/21/2016

I first met Tymia for eyelash extensions and now I go for eyelash fillers and personal make up lessons. I felt very comfortable from day one. Her studio is very inviting and she is an extremely warm and friendly person. Before each lesson she takes the time to listen to what my goals are for that session. She then reviews what we are going to cover. She is very knowledgeable and knows a wide range of products and techniques. She is able to adapt and give advice if you have specific issues with sensitive skin or eyes. I was a beginner when I started and she was more than patient with me. Now I am able to recreate my look quickly and easily each morning. Tymia is dedicated to her clients and follows up to make sure you are pleased and she is reaching your expectations. My confidence with my appearance has increased drastically. I often get comments like, "are your lashes real? they look natural!" or "your make up looks beautiful". I would highly recommend Tymia to my friends and family.

Mia was (and is) absolutely amazing! She's so easy to work with and knows exactly what kind of look someone wants. She made sure that everyone in the wedding party had a look they were comfortable with and was true to their characters. My mom (MOB) was hesitant about new makeup but Mia totally eased her mind and my mom ended up loving her "new look" ! The day of, Mia helped keep the atmosphere very calm and was very efficient! She helped make sure we were picture perfect!

I would absolutely recommend Mia to anyone for any major event and hopefully will get to work with her again!

• Crystal

Crystal · Married on 10/24/2015

I cannot say enough great things about Tymia and her makeup services! She is professional, passionate and extremely talented-- a true artist at what she does. She wants your happiness and makes your makeup vision a perfect reality. I always walk out of her hands feeling like a movie star and rest assured her makeup techniques will guarantee you all day, flawless wear and nonstop compliments!

Additionally, Tymia gives service with a smile. She genuinely cares for her clients and is super helpful and receptive. I first got into contact with Tymia for my bridal shower makeup after wonderful reviews from my sister-in-law who spoke so highly of her. She was accommodating and friendly upon contact; the appointment setup was both fast and efficient. And although I was quite a bit late to my first appointment, Mia was so calm, kind and understanding. She worked with me so well under the time limits.

I further felt at ease in her chair not to mention she was really upbeat and receptive. I was so content with the results that I asked if she would do both my wedding rehearsal and wedding day makeup because she is the person you want to use for life's biggest milestones! I was on cloud nine so much to the point I did not want to take off my makeup afterwards. My husband, family and friends also raved about my makeup and Mia!

Tymia is truly the best in her industry and is a great communicator in the process; her services are unparalleled and I highly recommend her services for all your makeup needs! I will continue to use Mia's services and treat myself to fun makeup days with her!

• Sara

Sara · Married on 10/10/2015

Tymia is BEYOND AMAZING!! She is absolutely the best makeup artist I have ever seen. I have over a dozen friends who have requested her services after seeing what a great job she did on my bridesmaids and I. She did airbrush and made us all look so beautiful. She is so great to work with, she has the best attitude. I cannot possibly say enough great things about her. She also did NovaLash for me, and my lashes are still on 3+ weeks after the wedding. She is so fantastic and I would recommend her to anyone looking for perfection.

Mia is a very talented makeup artist!! Everyone in my bridal party was very happy with their makeup. It is absolutely worth the cost! We spent a lot of time at the trial discussing what I wanted to look like and each pro and con. That made the wedding day a breeze because I was confident that my makeup would look amazing! I got so many compliments on my makeup. I would absolutely recommend her to everyone that I know. I am looking forward to having my makeup done by Mia at my friend's wedding next year!!