Twomaytoz Event Catering Reviews

74 | Oak Park, IL

74 Reviews for Twomaytoz Event Catering

Twomaytoz did an excellent job catering my wedding of about 160 guests. Anthony and Tricia were responsive and so easy to work with. We actually signed a contract with them before we had our tasting. They truly helped make our August 3 wedding day spectacular! We were so impressed at how buttoned up they and their crew were, and how smoothly everything went. Guests at each table received their food all at the same time. We had a relatively tight schedule with all the food courses, as well as toasts. Everything was kept right on time. The food was delicious! I think people typically don't have very high expectations for 'wedding food' for 160 people. We received numerous positive comments about the food from our guests. We couldn't have been happier with everything! If you are looking for a wedding caterer...look no further!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Marianne · Married on 07/21/2013

The owner, Anthony, worked with us personally, offered great suggestions and dealt with our guests' dietary needs for gluten allergies and vegetarians. We wanted an old fashioned Italian family style dinner with Italian pastries and Italian cookies, plus fresh fruit and the wedding cake. We had a showcase cake because usually guests do not eat the wedding cake. Ours was scrumptious and quickly disappeared. His lasagna and meatballs were delicious. Our guests complimented us throughout the evening and I received many calls the day after regarding the food and service. His servers were well-trained and met all of our guests requests quickly. Our tasting was unbelievable; we did not hesitate to sign the contract. Anthony also scheduled a walkthrough at our venue the week prior to the wedding to go over everything step by step. I would definitely hire Anthony again for any future events without hesitation!

Sent on 07/22/2013

We were beyond thrilled to find that one of our favorite restaurants, Cuchina Paridiso in Oak Park had a catering arm, Twomaytoz Event Catering and we did not think twice before booking them for our wedding in June. We had very high hopes & expectations for the day (and overall planning process) with regard to food, rentals, bar package, event coordination, etc. and I can honestly say that our high expectations were exceeded by Twomaytoz. Anthony Gambino (chef and owner) was a pleasure to work with and truly cares about his business and his clients. Everything from the initial tastings, seasonal meetings, final preparations and planning were top notch and ran so smoothly because of our vendors/Twomaytoz. The food was outstanding and the client service was professional and very personal. We owe our perfect day to Twomaytoz and I would absolutely recommend them to other brides or anyone hosting any type of party who is looking for the best in class quality and service. Thank you, Twomaytoz!

Sent on 07/11/2013

anna marie · Married on 06/22/2013

Anthony Gambino of Twomaytoz Catering worked with my daughter and me as we planned a garden wedding reception at our home. The food was delicious, and the service was the best. Anthony worked tirelessly to make sure that every detail of the wedding reception was perfect. I look forward to working with Twomaytoz and Anthony again...Grazie Anthony!

Sent on 07/11/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/22/2013

Twomaytoz was a great company to work with, especially living out of town when coordinating our wedding! I would recommend them to anyone planning their wedding or special event, not only for their fantastic food but wonderfully professional and efficient service!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Anne · Married on 06/02/2013

Twomaytoz was the best. Responsive, professional, friendly and delicious! I received many compliments from my guests on their food and the kind staff. They were super patient with my many changes to the menu and quick on their proposals. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Chad · Married on 10/13/2012

Hands down amazing. Anthony and the Twomaytoz crew did a fantastic job. We spoke to several caterers and as soon as we connected with Twomaytoz , the search was over. They listened and offered up a solution that was incredibly appropriate for our event. Other caterers presented solutions that seemed to accommodate them more than our special day. Not Twomaytoz, however, they presented a sharp clever solution for our wedding style, guests’ needs, and our budget.

We went through 2 tastings, and the Twomaytoz presented multiple choices to pull together a great menu. In the weeks leading up to the event Anthony was incredibly responsive to our questions and requests—and I’ll admit I had a lot of questions and needs. On the day before he pivoted and helped easily accommodate unpredictable weather. During the event the staff was cordial, polite, and met everyone’s needs.

Also impressive was the fact that there was a wedding before ours at the venue and Anthony turned the ENTIRE PLACE OVER in only an hour. The crew was sharp, effective and efficient. The transformation was seamless and I’m still baffled as to how they pulled it off…

And most importantly, the food was AMAZING; the best wedding food we have ever had. We actually had more comments on the food than our actual ceremony! It was a huge success. We would work with Anthony and the Twomaytoz crew again in a heartbeat and will likely use them for any of our future events—perhaps our 10 year anniversary!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Tom and Sue · Married on 09/08/2012

Twomaytoz handled our daughter's wedding, and they were excellent! Anthony and Haley were wonderful to work with, and they delivered everything they promised. So many of our guests complimented us on the food and the service. The catering staff took very good care of not only us (the parents), but all of our. We were very pleased. We would highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Food was amazing. Service was spectacular. They are real pros. Everyone raved about the food, how fresh/delicious it was. I'd recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Twomaytoz catering did an amazing job for our wedding! The food was a hit, all our guests commented how great it was. They were professional and organized throughout the entire experience. We did all our linen, tables and chair rentals with them. It was nice to have all that and the food under one contract.
    You can tell they have a lot of experience and know how to get the job done. I would definitely recommend them for any event.

Marisa · Married on 08/18/2012

My husband and I just got married, and we held our reception at Cucina Paradiso (the restaurant side of Twomaytoz).

We simply couldn't be more pleased with Anthony, Jeremy and crew!

We are so glad we chose Cucina, and I would do it here all over again in a heartbeat. Its been a restaurant beloved by my family for years, and it was awesome to have the whole place to ourselves.

If you are considering hiring Cucina for catering, or for booking the restaurant, DO IT! You will be happy you did! Also, don't forget to ask about his photobooth (it was awesome!!)

When it comes down to it, my husband and I just want food that tastes amazing. It doesn't have to be fancy, just really tasty and prepared with care. Not only were we completely satisfied, but our guests were very forthcoming in their praise. You know its good when your snobby/jaded friends pull you aside to rave about the amazing lasagna. Truly, I don't remember ever eating such good lasagna.

When it comes to large banquets, you usually have to be pretty forgiving of a dinner served to 100 people at the same time. But these guys can do it, and do it well. Choosing the menu was hard, everything Anthony offered sounded so good.

Also these guys are generous! The portions are large and the bar poured very strong tasty drinks. I am drooling just remembering how good my cosmo was. It was so satisfying to know that our guests felt like they were being taken care of.

It was truly a pleasure working with Anthony. His prices are so reasonable they are practically a bargain, especially knowing the quality of service we got.

By all accounts it was a great night, we are still getting compliments. Thank you Anthony!!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Nikki · Married on 08/18/2012

I got married August 18th at the Joffrey Ballet Tower and working with Anthony and Twomaytoz Event Catering was soooooooo AMAZING, I couldn't of been happier with how the wedding turned out. I felt like they were my wedding planner as well as caterer which was great! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a 5 star caterer. The food was delicious and the servings were huge, I had so many compliments on how it was the best wedding food they have ever tasted. They let you provide your own Alcohol (they just need to serve it), this was a big savings and you get to choose what you want to serve.I got numerous catering proposals and Twomaytoz was the most affordable and they offered you so much more. The professionalism of the staff was top notch, I honestly had no wedding stress and a big part of that was because I felt 100% comfortable that Anthony and his team were going to make everything perfect, which they did :)

Sent on 09/17/2012

2maytoz was our caterer for our wedding reception at the Nineteenth Century Club. They were extremely familiar with the venue which was very very helpful. They were very helpful about working with us and our budget. I really did not enjoy wedding planning so it was great that I was able to just let them do their own thing after the menu was set and have complete confidence in them. They set up the room on the Thursday before the wedding so we got to see it before the wedding which was awesome. We did buffet style and I was slightly concerned with a line building up, but there was hardly a line or if there was, it was just for a few minutes. I still (almost a year later) get compliments on the food, even from a few friends who are super picky eaters. I was only able to grab a quick bite, but what I tasted was great! They kept the booze flowing and food coming and all my guests were very pleased with the service. Things ran very smoothly and I would highly recommend them. They weren't the cheapest vendor, but they worked really hard to make sure everything went smoothly and the food was much better than your "typical" wedding food so they were definitely well worth it.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Nancy · Married on 07/06/2012

As mother of the groom, I wanted to personally thank Twomaytoz for the AMAZING job they did at our son and his new bride's reception. I was going to say how GREAT the food was and how efficient and professional everything was executed, and what a great job their staff did. But, after reading the reviews first, I cannot say anything new in my review that hasn't already been said. So I will say, that the next time we are in the Chicago area, we will definately make a point of coming to Cucina Paradiso for dinner! Yum!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Megan · Married on 07/06/2012

We were absolutely thrilled with these guys! They were extremely professional, acted in a timely manner, and really put us at ease. We had a few extra people show up and they made the necessary adjustments the day of the wedding. We also find out others were vegetarians and they accommodated those other guests as well. Anthony and Haley were great to work with and when we offered them our thoughts and suggestions, they listened and did them. Overall, catering was never a concern of ours after we signed with them. They managed everything great and helped make our day perfect. The food is also PHENOMENAL! Every guest that we talked to after the wedding talked about how good the food was and it was the best they had ever had a wedding. Some guests still talk about it to us and it was two months ago! Great pick for a caterer and extremely happy with their service!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Anthony and staff made the whole thing easy - from tasting and recommendations to the event itself. The food was wonderful and service faded into the background- as it should be.

Sent on 11/03/2012
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 06/15/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Anthony and the entire experience working with Twomaytoz! They did such an amazing job catering our wedding. Anthony is the best. He made me feel at ease and truly taken care of from the minute we met. They provided us with more than just delicious food, but the entire reception was run by their staff. The food was amazing, and the waiters were efficient and pleasant. They set up the entire room for us since we needed to be at the church prior to the reception and wouldn't have time in the reception space. Anthony worked very closely with my family to really personalize our menu and bar selections. My new inlaws did all of the bar planning with Anthony, and they were so impressed with him that they booked the room at Cucina Paradiso for our rehearsal dinner!! We had some concerns about not meeting our original planned number of guests, but Twomaytoz worked with us to make sure everything was great and even threw in a few extras for us! I truly felt taken care of. From the food to the service of every person involved, it was the best experience. They made our wedding day perfect in every way!

Some of our family members are already planning a trip to Cucina Paradiso next week because they liked the food so much!

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 05/27/2012

This review is for Twomaytoz, the catering side of Cucina Paradiso.
    They catered my wedding reception at the 19th Century Club on May 27 in Oak Park.
    I have nothing but excellent things to say about them. From the beginning, Anthony was professional and up front. He didn't try to get me to spend more just because it's a wedding. He worked with my budget and gave me many options. For what they gave us, I think it was a great value. There were no surprise charges at all, everything was stated clearly and honestly.

Aside from the professionalism, the service and food were fantastic! Guest after guest told me that the food was amazing. Not just for wedding food-- they loved that it didn't even seem like wedding food. It was like eating at a great restaurant. Portions were huge, and even the vegetarian dish was outstanding. Personally, I liked it better than the meat dishes.

I had a lot of DIY decor for the reception, and gave them detailed instructions on how to set up. When my friends came to help set up, they saw that most things were already set up and complete. Things looked so great! And afterward, they packed up the things I listed and stored them in the basement for later pick up.

Their hard work made me feel like I could just enjoy the night and not stress about the little details. If you are looking for a wonderful caterer, I highly recommend them.

Twomaytoz and The 19th Century Club often do events together, so the teamwork between them is seamless. It was a great combination.

The only negative thing I could possibly say is that a couple guests commented that the bartender seemed a little crabby. A very small caveat given how many things could go wrong when planning a big event.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Sarah · Married on 04/14/2012

I recently got married in Oak Park, IL and was very excited to hear that TwoMaytoz was the caterer for our venue, as we were big fans of his restaurant Cucina Paradiso. Anthony and his staff at Twomaytoz absolutely exceeded our expectations for our wedding reception. All of our guests absolutely raved about the food and the service was amazing for our reception of nearly 200 guests. Anthony put us at ease during our very first meeting. His experience, confidence and pride in how he runs his business made us feel like we were in good hands. And they absolutely delivered!!!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Patsy · Married on 12/03/2011

Anthony was unbelievable. He routinely went above and beyond in being sure everything was exactly like we wanted it, gave great advice when we weren't sure about things, and dealt with other vendors for us when there were any questions/issues. Everyone raved about the food and it was all beautifully presented. The servers and bartenders were professional, courteous, and attentive to all of us. We cannot recommend Anthony highly enough!

Jessie · Married on 12/03/2011

They were the absolute best caterers to work with! The food got rave reviews from everyone and Anthony could not be more helpful. He helped plan and execute every little detail of our day and also helped to manage all of the other vendors. I cannot recommend them more! They are truly the best!

Joan · Married on 10/08/2011

Anthony and everyone at Twomaytoz did an amazing job! They helped make the wedding day perfect. Anthony was so helpful in the planning of the event. Would highly recommend Twomaytoz!

Sent on 01/08/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2011

Anthony was wonderful to work with from the very start. He was upfront about pricing from the beginning and the only vendor we could find that took care of the rentals, as well. Twomaytoz Catering provides their own tablecloths, tables, etc..(Many companies make you get all of those things from other sources.) Anthony updated us along the way and was extremely flexible when we had a few things change, very close to the wedding date. Most importantly, their food is AMAZING..it is like having a homemade feast for a fraction of the price that many other caterers charge. The portions were huge and that is hard to find for a good price. They definitely don't skimp on anything and the table set up was lovely. Very classy and elegant. On the day of, everything ran smoothly as well.
    We were completely satisfied and would recommend Twomaytoz to anyone!

Marybeth · Married on 07/09/2011

My wedding was flawless thanks to the care provided by Anthony and the Twomaytoz staff. I would highly recommend their services for any event. They also catered my wedding shower and provided high quality food at a great value. All my guest raved about their meals at both my shower & wedding.

Anne · Married on 06/25/2011

Anthony was incredible. We used both the catering and the photo booth. Prior to the wedding, Anthony was easy to work with, organized and responsive. At the wedding, the service was impeccable, the food was delicious (we got compliments from more guests than I can count!) and the photo booth was so much fun! Some of our guests do event planning and hire caterers frequently and they were the most impressed by the food (perfect medium rare steak!) and the service (super efficient banquet manager!).

You cannot go wrong with Anthony and Twomaytoz. We had our rehearsal dinner at his restaurant in Oak Park (Cucina Paradiso) and everything at the wedding was as delicious as the food at the restaurant. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/05/2011